Audible

by Amazon

#22 in Apps

Is this worth the money? Are the books good?
I just finished “Girl wash your face” by Rachel Hollis, I read it and then listened to it on Audible. Do you have any [product:audible] books you recommend?
Is it expensive?
Start your review of Audible!
How would you rate this product?
Madisonville, LA
I used audible as a trial for my classroom but did not care for the selection it offered. I think the concept is great, but it’s an additional expense that I don’t feel is worth the membership fee it requires.
Pelham, AL
I love to read but with a toddler It’s always hard finding time to sit with a book, that’s why I love this app! The stories are well read, lots of good narrators, great wide ranging books and music. Love this app
Incredibly disappointed due to the fact I simply was looking for one book in particular to listen to while driving since my commute can exceed 4 hours in one shot daily. I wasn’t able to find what I was looking for after attempting to research online to see if it was available... sources said it was, it appears those sources weren’t credible considering the audio version I was looking for was not an option. ... I prefer to hold a book and read it myself if given the opportunity- tried to step out of my comfort zone and was saddened by the formal book not being available
Lancaster
I discovered audible about 3 years ago and it’s one of the best discoveries I’ve ever made. For $15 a month you get a credit you can put towards any audiobook. They have a huge selection and the kids I nanny love it. I wouldn’t worry about running out of credits. Over time it takes longer to listen to the books and as a result you get a backlog of credits. I love audible!
Charlotte, NC
Audible is great and very easy to use. The service is great to have while working and editing photos because it's like being able to read a book and work at the same time. The credit system is easy to understand and each book has tons of reviews to help make an informed decision. The prices are okay but I like to wait for sales if the book is more than $10. The app is simple to use and stores all your purchases in an easy layout so you don't have to waste time fumbling with your phone when your ready to get some coffee and listen to a best seller.
I like to use Audible for long road trips and when I’m doing  chores. It seems to help the time go by faster.

The audio quality has been great for the books I listen too. I like that if I find a book not to my liking, I can return it. I’ve only done this once, but the process was pretty smooth.

The book selection is pretty extensive. I’ve found a few books that I didn’t think would have audio.

If you’re on the fence, they offer free trials. I would just try it. If it’s not your cup of tea cancel it, no harm, no foul.

Stoughton, MA
Audible is great because you can cancel you le subscription at any time and still have access to all of your audio books because they’re yours forever. For the low cost of the subscription, though, you get a new audiobook every month, customized recommendations that improve as you use the service, and you get access to sales and deals on other audiobooks by email. Audible has great quality recordings and books narrated by great voices and actors, and audiobooks isn’t even all they offer! This is a great subscription and I’m totally happy with it.
Bakersfield, CA
I find audible too expensive to subscribe to but I love the service iteself. The app is easy to use and I find it convienent that I can buy books without a subscription when I desire.
Eden Prairie, MN
I love my audible app and listening to books while doing work around the house or going on walks. It also is great for long commutes and exercising. I love that it picks up where I left off on my kindle so I can read or listen and never lose my place.
United states
I love audible! My boyfriend and I both use it. We already have an Amazon account and we share credits to buy different books we're interested in. I've never listened to audiobooks before using audible, and I didnt realize I would like it so much. I especially like listening to books read by the authors. It's a great way to learn and get through books while multitasking such as driving, cleaning, or walking. It's great for people who are on the go or cant seem to sit still and read, but still want to enjoy some good books.