- "Although they made plans for us to go to several different clubs and dinners at night, we had the entire day to explore eleven different pools, the beach, the water park, the casino, and a ton of other awesome features in the resort!" in 36 reviews
- "love to go back but with just the husband and I, as far as affordability for my family of 6 I don't think it would be possible" in 22 reviews
- "It was pretty expensive but it was a very nice waterpark, good food and the river rapids river is simply the best "lazy river" we've ever been on. " in 16 reviews
- "Ugh this place is always ssn being talked about, like sheesh I've always wanted to visit, so beautiful and looks so much fun ! " in 12 reviews
- "We went on a family vacation with my parents, my younger brothers (college age) and my aunt/uncle whose children ranged from 19 to 8 years old." in 11 reviews
I am going back in April, cant wait!
The day that we were to check into the Atlantis started off as a beautiful morning. While check-in was not until 3:00 p.m., we decided to arrive earlier to take advantage of the attractions. Our reservations were for the Beach Tower, and we had requested a non-smoking room with a view of the ocean. While the Beach Tower has a beautiful lobby, they do not handle the check in process for their rooms. You will need to check in at the Coral Towers, and, since we had arrived early, they held our luggage in a back room at no charge. We were advised that our room was not ready yet, but they gave us our two room keys so that we could begin our adventure. (Keys are needed for certain attractions.) They suggested that we check back in an hour to get a status update.
There were a few items that we had decided to hold onto rather than leave in the luggage checkroom, so we decide to take a tour of the Atlantis. (And by the way, there is a tour that you can take when you check in. We opted to go on our own.) I would like to make a suggestion here. After you check in, go to the guest services counter and ask for a property map. Yes, the Atlantis resort is so large that it warrants it’s very own map.
While you are grabbing a map of your own, you will also want to pick up a copy of the day’s itinerary. Listed will be the feeding times of marine animals, movie times (yes, they have their own theater), kids activities and so much more.
Right off the bat you will be amazed by the marine habitats found throughout the resort. I spent a few hours just video taping the many areas of habitats in which Atlantis boasts as the largest marine habitat in the world, second only to Mother Nature. I believe it. Not only will you find some of the largest fish tanks all around you, you will be able to view these sea animals from several under water viewing tanks, via your walks around the resort, and even from a rope suspension bridge. Or, how about eating your breakfast sitting in a room with walls of glass showing off some of the most magnificent marine habitat I have ever seen? Whether it is the sea turtles outside of the Beach Towers lobby, or the hammer head shark right outside of the Royal Towers, you will find these marine habitats throughout the park. I was beginning to clearly realize why our hotel room was so expensive! (Did I fail to mention this before? Yes, the Atlantis Resort is expensive. Our room per night was $495 per night. Now you know why we spent only two nights. I should mention that one of the nights was New Years Eve. Prices have dropped substantially since then.
All in all, you will get an amazing view.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos