Woah there, it looks like your browser is out of date.

To get the best experience, please update your browser.

by Assassin's Creed III
  • 260 Reviews
  • 14 Q&A
Ask a Question
Kouly M.
Kouly M.
Saint Paul, MN

14 reviews

What exactly is assassin's creed about and what makes it so good? I've wanted to play it, but when I saw a friend play the beginning of the first one, it wasn't really what I had expected. I thought medival time play for this game, but what I saw was a modern day event with some guy on a psychologist's chair...
Justin D.
Justin D.
May 6, 2013, 5:14 a.m.
An assassin named Connor Kenway is in the middle of the American Revolutionary War, though that's not the war he's fighting. Connor is fighting his own battle, which will intersect with the events of the Revolutionary War, and will find Templars and Assassins in both the Colonial and British camps. [1] Instead of Connor focusing solely on fighting against the British, some British characters will be good while some colonists will be portrayed as oppressors. The game explores the moral grey area that exists between the Assassins and the Templars, rather than simply casting them as polar opposites of good and evil. Meanwhile, Desmond and the remnants of the Assassin Order finally bring the fight to Abstergo to stop the launch of a satellite that will initiate doomsday. They have until December 21, 2012 to stop the end of the world and the game starts on October, 31, 2012 giving them less than two months to find all the information they need. -IGN
Cancel
Octavia M.
Octavia M.
Feb. 10, 2013, 3:12 p.m.
The arc of the game takes place in many different eras. Technically the main plot takes place in 2012 (so, it was only slightly futuristic when the first game was released). modern-day Desmond is kidnapped and uses a machine to "relive" memories of his ancestors, so basically you get to go run around in the 12th century, 16-17th century italy and constantinople, and 18th century colonial america. The gameplay is great 90% of the time (the other 10% is when you are try to escape guards etc. and the "magnetic" motion aspect makes the character start climbing things when you meant for him to run in a straight line. Ezio/altair/connor/desmond are all very bad at running in straight lines.) The plot arc is a fantastic story that reads like a dan brown novel, but less corny and more futuristic. It's really worth playing from the beginning of the series to get all of the story and background info. But what I ended up doing just because of the time that I got into it was playing from 2 and on, but watching the cut scenes from the first game online to figure out what's going on.
Cancel
Victoria N.
Victoria N.
Jan. 9, 2013, 4:59 p.m.
In my opinion, the thing that makes this game amazing is the violence and the scenery. I'm not necessarily fond of extremely gory games and this seems to be perfect! I also like how it looks, because it just seems really cool :)
Cancel
Melinda S.
Melinda S.
Dec. 30, 2012, 8:10 p.m.
What I really, really like about this game is the attention to detail. Sure, plenty of games are set in previous times but the historical accuracy of this game is frankly, amazing. Ubisoft has its own panel of historians that help in game design and plot. Every time you assassinate a major plot important character, it is the day in which the died in history. I would go further into the story, but as mentioned in the other answer, it is hard to explain the plot without it getting too spoiler-y! But it really makes you think about past history events. Its very intriguing. And if all else fails, you get to assassinate people from a parachute. What other incentive do you need?
Cancel
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Nov. 13, 2012, 5 p.m.
It's really hard to explain this game without giving any of the plot away lol. You are playing through the lives of your ancestors, who are from different times in history (its pretty upsetting your friend didn't explain it to you). The Assassin's Creed series has a growing plot that is kind of like a huge inside joke in that fact that if you didn't play the first one, you probably won't get the idea of the whole series. I believe that the huge plot in the series is one thing that draws people in and also the fluidity of the game. You are an assassin in each of these titles from the series, each game linked to the ones before it, and they have each progressed TENFOLD since the previous one as well. The game series has grown since the very first Assassin's creed (it's not as repetitive, there's more to do, it's bigger, the combat is more fluid). I would recommend this game to you since it is, in my opinion, the best game in the series thus far, but maybe go on wikipedia or play the ones before to get the whole story because the story is half the fun.
Cancel

Join now to gain access to over a million product reviews, free full size samples, and the latest product news.

Join Now

Are you a Brand or Agency? Contact Us