BY ASPCA #6 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

Ariel C.
I love aspca ive been supporting them since i was a child no animal should have to go through bad things and its great to have people like this to help animals of all kinds
Casey N.
E Stroudsburg, PA
After my cat died at the age of three to a genetic heart defect, I spent a good amount of time not thinking about another cat. It took some time, but I eventually thought about all the other cats that needed homes. My sister, mother, and I all went down to the local SPCA and went home with not one, but two cats that day. One was our senior three-legged, 'nibble your hand if you don't pet him right', Penn. When we got him, he was still very emaciated and not doing so well. After a vet visit, my mother spoke to the SPCA and despite the trouble they went through, they tracked down his previous medical records. We finally knew what we were up against and were able to give him proper care and medication. It saved his life and gave us our very loving, appreciative kitty back. He is now 15 years old, three years past the average for a cat with all his medical problems, all thanks to the SPCA.
Marlena S.
The ASPCA is truly about the care and rescue of animals. I make automatic pre-tax donations from my paycheck because of my organization's partnership with this charity. I have pets and I would do anything to keep them well. I understand how special and sacred the human & animal relationship is on this planet and I believe the ASPCA's cause helps preserve that relationship. I have taken advantage of their low-cost spay/neuter services for my animals and I will forever be grateful to them for offering such a service. My donations are my way of saying thank you to this great animal-saving charity.
Rachel Y.
Winston Salem, NC
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
Anyone who knows me knows I am an extremist when it comes to animals. My love for them can be annoying at times. My feeds on social media are covered in animals and the dangers they are in. Going extinct and being used and abused at every turn around. So when animal abuse is brought up in get not only defensive, but protective. ASPCA is amazing. Protecting animals that otherwise would not be able to defend themselves. Humans need to take more credit for being the cause to wildlife dangers and basic animal abuse and neglect. We put animals in the situations they are in, only we can come together and reverse this. Volunteer and help out. Spread the knowledge.
Cristina l.
Waterford, MI
I adopted two dogs from here all of which came with serious health problems (mange, upper respiratory infection, pneumonia, a broken bone) mind you I am in the Detroit area so there is A LOT of dog fighting :( however this wasn't going to stop us from saving them and this isn't even the reason I'm on the fence with the humane society its that when you donate money only 40% is going to help an actual animal, they also funds some corporate companies and even planned paren't hood and for those who are against abortion this is something that should be told up front. A person might not want to fund their alterrier motives.
Katharine H.
The ASPCA is my absolute favorite animal adoption organization, especially since they operate no-kill shelters. My family and I have adopted several dogs and cats from our local chapter and have always been more than pleased with the outcome and verification process. I love that they do background checks and will not allow you to adopt if you have red flags. They truly are putting the animals' best interests at heart and their hope is always to find them a forever home, which will provide love no matter what issues or struggles come about.
kathy q.
Bensenville, IL
Good Samaritan Expert Level 3
What a bunch of lies they feed people. I called them to see if they would come and rescue stray kitties. The lady asked me "do you donate to us?" I responded "no?" She then told me that they could not come and get the kitties because I don't contribute and that she didn't care about them. There job is to only collect money and not save the animals. I tell everyone and anyone about this being only about money. By the way, the kitties died because I couldn't find a place to rescue them. It was very,very sad. I tried everything and anything.
Alex A.
Kingsville, TX
As someone who loves animals this organization is just amazing. All the hard work and effort that is put into being able to save as many animals as possible is great and admiring.
Kristal B.
Whiteville, TN
Good Samaritan Expert Level 2
While the ASPCA does a lot of good work for all kinds of animals they've been in the media a lot in the past several years. I remember when it was huge among the news that there was a lot of money embezzlement, and many animals were being put down for no reason what so ever. Here recently it has come about that they are spending 2/3 of the money being donated on commercials and affording celebrities to make commercials beggingg us to donate more. While they do a lot of good things for animals there is a lot of bad things going on undercover.
Amanda Q.
Lubbock, TX
First off, I would like to say that it's sad that we even have to have this organization. I have never understood how you can harm an innocent animal. I have seven dogs who I love dearly. They are spoiled and that is how it should be. Whether it's a dog, cat, horse, or any animal, they should not be abused. I wish I could be in a room for a little while with animal abusers and do to them what they have done to these beautiful creatures. Second I am happy that there is an organization to help protect animals who cannot protect themselves. I admire all of the workers, because I can't imagine having to see the pain and death of these animals. I have donated and wish to keep donating to this very worthy cause.
Brittney P.
Weslaco , TX
Don't these commercials just break your heart?
Amber H.
Wyoming, MI
What are good items to donate?
Emily R.
Have you ever adopted from a shelter??
Vanessa C.
Carmichael, CA
Who has adopted their furry friends from the SPCA? Share your story.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do their commercials make you all teary eyed?