BY ASPCA #3 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

Teresa C.
Osceola, WI
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is a wonderful organization that gains it funds from pet loving donors that want to make a difference to animals around the nation who have been starved or abused. What a great way to protect and keep pets safe.  ASPCA
McKenzie R.
I love the idea of this organization, which is about the only reason I'm giving them 2 stars. Animal cruelty is absolutely horrible and needs to be stopped but if you're going to donate, I recommend donating to a local no kill shelter or something. I've never donated to this organization due to the things I've heard about them like the fact they only give about 10% of their donations to saving the animals.
Raven M.
I am an animal lover and have only ever rescued. The ASPCA is how I have had my best friend since I was a child. I remember when I first got him how shaken he was by people. I'm so thankful for the ASPCA to have taken him from that atmosphere and giving me the chance to find the perfect best friend.
Valerie M.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
I have to say - I love pets more than I love a lot of things. There is nothing in this world (to me) that compares to the unconditional love and excitement of a pet just by being by your side. On the opposite spectrum, there is nothing that horrifies me more than animals being mistreated. ASPCA is always there for the nations homeless and abused animals, working round the clock to find them loving homes. Thank you!
Sarah D.
The aspca does wonderful work with animal welfare and rescues. They also provide low cost veterinary care suggestions and can even tell you where to get your pet or strays neutered for free. Extremely important for the well-being of the animal should they get loose and prevents more homeless animals in dire need.
Lina A.
Kearny , NJ
Being able to help those that can't help themselves. That's what this organization is about. Love to support them. Their commercials always pull at the heart. I donate whenever I can get the chance.
Lesley S.
Sacramento, CA
This is a great organization. They help the animals that have been mistreated. We support and donate all the time. Whether we drop off food.. or volunteer to help out at some the the kennals around town. I know when im ready to adopt a pet this will be my go to place... help by adopting a pet.
HEATHER B.
Fort Worth, TX
Its been awhile since I volunteered at this organization but I remember it was an amazing experience. Just knowing that I was able to help the animals was so rewarding. Sometimes going there was sad but there were also happy times as well and I'm thankful to have had that opportunity. I recommend that everyone try volunteering in their lifetime. Its great to help your neighbors, people and animals.
Jennifer C.
Watertown, TN
I donate to the ASPCA yearly. I'm an advocate for animal welfare and love what they do for the animals. I get a wonderful calendar from them every year for the past 4 years. Their love for animals and proof of rescues is why I help. If you love animals and want to give them a voice, you should donate too.
Kara D.
This non-profit organization is so hard working in what they do to help and protect animals. I have donated before and try to when possible. They are so well-known, and for good reasons. We need to give more support to organizations like these that help our animals in need. We would be nothing without organizations like these with people who take time out of their day to care. I've been a member for years and will continue to support their efforts.
Brittney P.
Don't these commercials just break your heart?
Amber H.
Wyoming, MI
What are good items to donate?
Emily R.
Have you ever adopted from a shelter??
Vanessa C.
Carmichael, CA
Who has adopted their furry friends from the SPCA? Share your story.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do their commercials make you all teary eyed?