BY ASPCA #3 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

Megan M.
Early, TX
Good Samaritan Expert Level 3
This organization does so much, I'm not really sure where to begin!
They are always accepting donations of pet items, such as food, toys, beds, bowls, etc.
Money is, of course, always welcome.
The services of spay and neutering are usually low.
I push for people I know who want pets to adopt from here. It's just really great that the people do so much for these animals.
Reilee S.
Newark, DE
I have done animal rescue work for 10+ years and yes I wholeheartedly believe that shelters and rescue organizations can do wonderful work, but many people are misinformed about the ASPCA. They might break up dog fighting rings and take the dogs out of there...but where do the dogs wind up? In the NYACC which is a high kill shelter, and many animals don't get a chance at the life they so deserve. Please do your research before believing this is a great organization. Nathan Winograd is a great place to start.
Janelle M.
Brooklyn, NY
My parents adopted our family cat from the ASPCA in december of 1999 and I can't imagine life without him. We're currently looking into adopting a dog for my youngest through the ASPCA but he/she has to get along with cats and not too large. The greatest benefit of adopting an animal through the ASPCA is that they evaluate each animal and lets adopters know what kind of household each of animal will be well suited in. It's only a matter a of time until we find the perfect dog to bring into their FURever home.
Liz N.
After my dog passed away, my husband and I visited several shelters in search for a new pup. The local pounds were horrific. We left soon after we arrived at each one. Our last stop was an ASPCA over 2 hours from our house. The animals were so well taken care of and the facilities were just beautiful. We were so impressed with how much the workers genuinely loved animals and wanted to help us adopt our newest furbaby. We ended up leaving with the cutest little hound dog - all thanks to the ASPCA.
Lynette M.
Orlando, FL
ITS KNOWN WHEN YOU ADOPT AN ANIMAL MAY BE STRAY OR AT THE ASPCA. IT GIVES AN ANIMAL A HOME AND A FAMILY TO BE APART MAY IT BE A BIG ONE OR A SMALL ONE. I ADOPTED A CAT, A MANX CAT AND HE IS THE COOLEST CAT IVE EVER MET. HE ACTUALLY HELPS PEOPLE WHO DO NOT LIKE CATS LIKE CATS! MAY IT BE HES A LITTLE LIKE A DOG HE CAN FETCH AND CAN ACTUALLY SIT WHEN YOU TELL HIM. HES THE SWEETES THING, AND TO THINK MORE CATS ARE PUT TO SLEEP THEN DOGS. ASPCA HELPS THESE ANIMALS AND I TRULY APPRECIATE MY AWESOME CAT.
Courtney J.
I don't donate to the ASPCA. I prefer to give my time and monetary donations to local, underfunded organizations rather than national groups that spend thousands paying their executives. The ASPCA does not assist or contribute to your local animal welfare groups. Donate locally, volunteer or adopt. That's how you can make w difference!
Amber C.
Mountain View, CA
The best way to support the ASPCA is to adopt an animal from a shelter. Our to cats were adopted from a shelter in Florida four years ago and I would never get another animal from anywhere other than a rescue or shelter. There are many, many animals out there that need love, care, and a home. The ASPCA also does a wonderful job by educating the public on the importance of preventing animal cruelty. In addition, they provide information on how to give your pets or strays in your area quality care.
Carolina O.
Dallas, TX
ASPCA has great information for the public, they rescue thousands of animals a day, and have a great adoption program. Unfortunately, they do kill the unhealthy or won't treat the sick unless it is backed up with donor money. I understand that there are animals that at the point of no return, but there are others ill with a simple cold that can be treated, but decide to euthanize because of cost value. They also do not encourage saving bully breeds.
Kelly W.
San Leandro, CA
Only one of my many animals came from an ASPCA facility. The rest came from local shelters and one was literally rescued off the street. What I did notice about the ASPCA adoption process is that they want the adopter and family (including current animals) to sit in a room together for compatibility. This was there are no surprises once you take the animal home. The animals are also obedience trained while kept at the facility. The goal of the ASPCA is to find a forever home.
Valerie R.
San Benito, TX
My family donates to the ASPCA and has been for quite some time now. I love how their mission is to save as many animals as possible. That is something I aspire to do in life and hope one day I will be fortunate enough to work for them. Every animal lover, if applicable should donate. It's such a great organization and for such an awesome cause finding animals homes and caring for them.
Brittney P.
Don't these commercials just break your heart?
Amber H.
Wyoming, MI
What are good items to donate?
Emily R.
Have you ever adopted from a shelter??
Vanessa C.
Carmichael, CA
Who has adopted their furry friends from the SPCA? Share your story.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do their commercials make you all teary eyed?