BY ASPCA #8 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

Tiffany B.
Ontario, CA
Everything you need to know about taking proper care of your pet is available through this organization. As a lover of all sentient beings, large organizations like this give me faith that there is good in this world and that people are not selfish animals. People working for ASPCA generally look happy to have their jobs and that's important when the beings they're fighting for don't have voices of their own. Even if you don't have a pet of your own and encounter a situation with an animal, they still provide useful information.
Missy W.
Oakboro, NC
By far one of the greatest animal organizations out there. I used to think that all of the charities were the same, and it didn't matter who I donated to since they all looked after the welfare of the animals. Boy, was I wrong! It seems to me like ASPCA is the ONLY foundation out there who uses the greatest portion of their money on the actual animals - not campaigning against causes that have nothing to do with animals, not spending millions on getting celebrity endorsements, etc etc. I will only donate to ASPCA now!
Tamara R.
Titusville, FL
I frequently donate to the ASPCA! For every few items you donate it generates a bag of dog or cat food for these beautiful animals. We have a black English lab named Jasper and he is like our son. He is 2-1/2 years old and still plays like he's a puppy. He's so lovable and carefree. I can't imagine if anything ever happened to him. Thank God for organizations like the ASPCA.
Alyssa M.
liverpool, NY
I absolutely love the ASPCA as well as all animals. They are such a wonderful foundation that does anything to help out animals in need. I donate frequently as I pretty much cry at any sad story they share. My goal is to volunteer at the local shelter, I just have to prepare myself as I know I will adopt pretty much every pittie in there or cry knowing they don't have a home.
ASHLEY H.
Tampa, FL
This is one of the best charities I could ever endorse. Animals have the kindest souls and for some reason, there are evil people that choose to torture these poor animals. With companies like ASPCA, we may not eliminate animal cruelty, but I can at least feel like there is an effort being made to have stronger prosecution against these heinous individuals and move to find homes for the animals. If you are looking to being a pet into your home - check out your local SPCA before going to the pet store to buy your pet.
Megan M.
Early, TX
Good Samaritan Expert Level 3
This organization does so much, I'm not really sure where to begin!
They are always accepting donations of pet items, such as food, toys, beds, bowls, etc.
Money is, of course, always welcome.
The services of spay and neutering are usually low.
I push for people I know who want pets to adopt from here. It's just really great that the people do so much for these animals.
Janelle M.
Brooklyn, NY
My parents adopted our family cat from the ASPCA in december of 1999 and I can't imagine life without him. We're currently looking into adopting a dog for my youngest through the ASPCA but he/she has to get along with cats and not too large. The greatest benefit of adopting an animal through the ASPCA is that they evaluate each animal and lets adopters know what kind of household each of animal will be well suited in. It's only a matter a of time until we find the perfect dog to bring into their FURever home.
Rhonda D.
The ASPCA does offer grants to various animal shelters across the US, and they do seem to work for the well-being of animals. My local animal shelter has partnered and received some funding from them in the past. Just remember, if you want your donations to go to your local animal shelter, be sure to donate the funds directly to your shelter of choice and not the ASPCA.
Jenna Z.
Montgomry Vlg, MD
One of my cats is an ASPCA cat and I lover her to pieces; the foundation really makes it as easy as possible to adopt an animal to give it a forever home. My cat was one flat price and it included her, shots she had already received, and her spaying (please get your pet spayed/neutered!!!). It was such an easy process, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a companion. I really do trust their foundation, much more than PETA, and believe that they are the best at actually contributing and helping their cause.
Reilee S.
Newark, DE
I have done animal rescue work for 10+ years and yes I wholeheartedly believe that shelters and rescue organizations can do wonderful work, but many people are misinformed about the ASPCA. They might break up dog fighting rings and take the dogs out of there...but where do the dogs wind up? In the NYACC which is a high kill shelter, and many animals don't get a chance at the life they so deserve. Please do your research before believing this is a great organization. Nathan Winograd is a great place to start.
Brittney P.
Weslaco , TX
Don't these commercials just break your heart?
Amber H.
Wyoming, MI
What are good items to donate?
Emily R.
Have you ever adopted from a shelter??
Vanessa C.
Carmichael, CA
Who has adopted their furry friends from the SPCA? Share your story.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do their commercials make you all teary eyed?