BY ASPCA #11 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

Katlyn M.
Bronx, NY
They do a great job, I've adopted all of my pets from this organization and they were great experiences. I have two cats at the moment, one from the ASPCA and the other I was given from a friend. My maltese, was very sick and older then others when I adopted her. She lost much of her hair, but she lived ! We saved our little girl and gave her 6 more years, but sadly recently she passed away due to natural causes. We love and miss her very much ! You should give other animals a chance and save them ! No matter what age they all deserve to be loved <3 so go ASPCA !!!
vanessa c.
I love what this organization does for animals. I am always seeing these options when paying out at pet smart. I've know of this foundation for years now, and have adopted and fostered kittens in the past.
Amanda F.
Belfast, ME
The ASPCA does great work for animals all around the United States. They are very effective. I love their website, it has so many great articles on pet care and they even have an animal poison control hotline ($65 fee though, but it's good to know that experts are there 24/7 if I really need it). They also offer workshops and webinars for other professionals in this field and they even offer courses.
Rachel M.
Brooklyn, NY
I adopted two of my three cats from an ASPCA location in Brooklyn, NY. When I went, the facilities were clean and you could tell that the people working there were truly invested in the care of the animals. When the shelter becomes crowded, they run specials on the pricing for the animals which makes it easier for people to adopt. They were also very helpful in telling us about microchipping, pet insurance, and gave referrals for different vets in our area. It was a great experience, and I've had my two kitties for the past seven years!
Brittany R.
El Paso, TX
Recently, we found an array of cases locally regarding the ASPCA and the next state over where several adoptable domesticated animals had been euthanized without reason. They are currently in investigation and are facing several lawsuits and charges for their actions. I personally have seen them kill several adoptable domesticated animals that could have been given a home or put in with a foster family. Just like the Humane Society and PeTA they have a self-serving agenda that has nothing to do with the welfare of these animals.
Tiffany B.
Ontario, CA
Everything you need to know about taking proper care of your pet is available through this organization. As a lover of all sentient beings, large organizations like this give me faith that there is good in this world and that people are not selfish animals. People working for ASPCA generally look happy to have their jobs and that's important when the beings they're fighting for don't have voices of their own. Even if you don't have a pet of your own and encounter a situation with an animal, they still provide useful information.
Alyssa M.
Liverpool, NY
I absolutely love the ASPCA as well as all animals. They are such a wonderful foundation that does anything to help out animals in need. I donate frequently as I pretty much cry at any sad story they share. My goal is to volunteer at the local shelter, I just have to prepare myself as I know I will adopt pretty much every pittie in there or cry knowing they don't have a home.
Tamara R.
Titusville, FL
I frequently donate to the ASPCA! For every few items you donate it generates a bag of dog or cat food for these beautiful animals. We have a black English lab named Jasper and he is like our son. He is 2-1/2 years old and still plays like he's a puppy. He's so lovable and carefree. I can't imagine if anything ever happened to him. Thank God for organizations like the ASPCA.
Missy W.
Oakboro, NC
By far one of the greatest animal organizations out there. I used to think that all of the charities were the same, and it didn't matter who I donated to since they all looked after the welfare of the animals. Boy, was I wrong! It seems to me like ASPCA is the ONLY foundation out there who uses the greatest portion of their money on the actual animals - not campaigning against causes that have nothing to do with animals, not spending millions on getting celebrity endorsements, etc etc. I will only donate to ASPCA now!
ASHLEY H.
Tampa, FL
This is one of the best charities I could ever endorse. Animals have the kindest souls and for some reason, there are evil people that choose to torture these poor animals. With companies like ASPCA, we may not eliminate animal cruelty, but I can at least feel like there is an effort being made to have stronger prosecution against these heinous individuals and move to find homes for the animals. If you are looking to being a pet into your home - check out your local SPCA before going to the pet store to buy your pet.
Brittney P.
Weslaco , TX
Don't these commercials just break your heart?
Amber H.
Grand Rapids, MI
What are good items to donate?
Emily R.
Have you ever adopted from a shelter??
Vanessa C.
Carmichael, CA
Who has adopted their furry friends from the SPCA? Share your story.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do their commercials make you all teary eyed?