BY ASPCA #7 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

Rachel Y.
Winston Salem, NC
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
Anyone who knows me knows I am an extremist when it comes to animals. My love for them can be annoying at times. My feeds on social media are covered in animals and the dangers they are in. Going extinct and being used and abused at every turn around. So when animal abuse is brought up in get not only defensive, but protective. ASPCA is amazing. Protecting animals that otherwise would not be able to defend themselves. Humans need to take more credit for being the cause to wildlife dangers and basic animal abuse and neglect. We put animals in the situations they are in, only we can come together and reverse this. Volunteer and help out. Spread the knowledge.
kathy q.
Bensenville, IL
Good Samaritan Expert Level 3
What a bunch of lies they feed people. I called them to see if they would come and rescue stray kitties. The lady asked me "do you donate to us?" I responded "no?" She then told me that they could not come and get the kitties because I don't contribute and that she didn't care about them. There job is to only collect money and not save the animals. I tell everyone and anyone about this being only about money. By the way, the kitties died because I couldn't find a place to rescue them. It was very,very sad. I tried everything and anything.
Cristina l.
Waterford, MI
I adopted two dogs from here all of which came with serious health problems (mange, upper respiratory infection, pneumonia, a broken bone) mind you I am in the Detroit area so there is A LOT of dog fighting :( however this wasn't going to stop us from saving them and this isn't even the reason I'm on the fence with the humane society its that when you donate money only 40% is going to help an actual animal, they also funds some corporate companies and even planned paren't hood and for those who are against abortion this is something that should be told up front. A person might not want to fund their alterrier motives.
Katharine H.
The ASPCA is my absolute favorite animal adoption organization, especially since they operate no-kill shelters. My family and I have adopted several dogs and cats from our local chapter and have always been more than pleased with the outcome and verification process. I love that they do background checks and will not allow you to adopt if you have red flags. They truly are putting the animals' best interests at heart and their hope is always to find them a forever home, which will provide love no matter what issues or struggles come about.
Alex A.
Kingsville, TX
As someone who loves animals this organization is just amazing. All the hard work and effort that is put into being able to save as many animals as possible is great and admiring.
Kristal B.
Whiteville, TN
Good Samaritan Expert Level 2
While the ASPCA does a lot of good work for all kinds of animals they've been in the media a lot in the past several years. I remember when it was huge among the news that there was a lot of money embezzlement, and many animals were being put down for no reason what so ever. Here recently it has come about that they are spending 2/3 of the money being donated on commercials and affording celebrities to make commercials beggingg us to donate more. While they do a lot of good things for animals there is a lot of bad things going on undercover.
Amanda Q.
Lubbock, TX
First off, I would like to say that it's sad that we even have to have this organization. I have never understood how you can harm an innocent animal. I have seven dogs who I love dearly. They are spoiled and that is how it should be. Whether it's a dog, cat, horse, or any animal, they should not be abused. I wish I could be in a room for a little while with animal abusers and do to them what they have done to these beautiful creatures. Second I am happy that there is an organization to help protect animals who cannot protect themselves. I admire all of the workers, because I can't imagine having to see the pain and death of these animals. I have donated and wish to keep donating to this very worthy cause.
Sheyenne P.
Auburn, GA
I think this is a great organization that helps animals that have been abused by their previous owners. I would definitely sign up and donate to this organization, they nurture these animals back to health. When ever I see their commercial I always cry, these animals don't deserve the torture they have endured by their previous owners. I love all different types of animals, I can't stand seeing any animals being abused. I really appreciate everything ASPCA does for these animals.
Samantha L.
Las Vegas, NV
I'm a huge animal lover and the ASPCA is such a great organization that really cares about helping animals that come from homes and mills that are inhumane. I make donations to this organization every chance I can cause they do beyond to help every animal that comes in to rehabilitate them to go to a forever home.
Brenda P.
Waynesville , Missouri
Before I had ASPCA insurance for my cats, I had had VPI (whose deductible was $50 per incident per year) and then Pets Health (whose deductible was the same as ASPCA's, but they never paid ANYthing.
With ASPCA insurance, I have policies that actually are worth something to me - and to my cats, especially now that I am retired and on a fixed income.
One of my most recent issues was with my 14-year-old Siamese cat, Jontue II. In the course of three vet visits during approximately three weeks, I had spent over $900 on his care, including euthanasia at the last visit. My payments from ASPCA totaled more than two thirds of my costs.
I am happy to say that my new kitty, Jontue III, has now been signed up for ASPCA insurance, along with his aunt and uncles.
Thank you for being my pets' friend (and mine),
Travel down the road and back again;
Your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant.....
Brittney P.
Weslaco , TX
Don't these commercials just break your heart?
Amber H.
Wyoming, MI
What are good items to donate?
Emily R.
Have you ever adopted from a shelter??
Vanessa C.
Carmichael, CA
Who has adopted their furry friends from the SPCA? Share your story.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do their commercials make you all teary eyed?