BY ASPCA #14 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Don't these commercials just break your heart? 101 Answers
  • I see so many of these type organizations that don't allocate the...3 Answers
  • I've always wondered do they just show up at their house and take...11 Answers
Katharine H.
Katharine H.
The ASPCA is my absolute favorite animal adoption organization, especially since they operate no-kill shelters. My family and I have adopted several dogs and cats from our local chapter and have always been more than pleased with the outcome and verification process. I love that they do background checks and will not allow you to adopt if you have red flags. They truly are putting the animals' best interests at heart and their hope is always to find them a forever home, which will provide love no matter what issues or struggles come about.
kathy q.
kathy q.
Bensenville, IL
What a bunch of lies they feed people. I called them to see if they would come and rescue stray kitties. The lady asked me "do you donate to us?" I responded "no?" She then told me that they could not come and get the kitties because I don't contribute and that she didn't care about them. There job is to only collect money and not save the animals. I tell everyone and anyone about this being only about money. By the way, the kitties died because I couldn't find a place to rescue them. It was very,very sad. I tried everything and anything.
Sheyenne P.
Sheyenne P.
Auburn, GA
I think this is a great organization that helps animals that have been abused by their previous owners. I would definitely sign up and donate to this organization, they nurture these animals back to health. When ever I see their commercial I always cry, these animals don't deserve the torture they have endured by their previous owners. I love all different types of animals, I can't stand seeing any animals being abused. I really appreciate everything ASPCA does for these animals.
Kathleen F.
Kathleen F.
Good Samaritan Expert
I am not sure how much money we would have donated to the ASPCA had we not seen the heartbreaking Sarah McLaughlin commercials that seem to always be on. We enjoy sending money to various organizations, with our favorite usually being animal organizations, but I would be lying if I said that those tearjerker commercials they play didn't in some way contribute to the consistency in which we donate to this particular organization.
Amandeep P.
Amandeep P.
Ronkonkoma , NY
Having been a pet owner for 13 years now I have become accustomed to the companionship of my dog. I've been fortunate enough to have a happy, healthy, and very smart pet. I have been a supported of the ASPCA for a few years now and I will continue to be for many more to come. The work they do is above and beyond what any of us have the capability to do. I thank them and their hard working individuals for their tireless efforts.
Tara K.
Tara K.
These people do allot for our animal friends

I've adopted plenty of animals from them because I believe if they went through a rough time the rest of their days should be loved and the best my little girl wants to be a vet when she grows up so she's always down there helping out and they are so nice to her she's learned so much and when she sees one that needs special love she always makes sure that they are
Angela V.
Angela V.
I have volunteered for and adopted from the ASPCA and I recommend it to anyone searching for a furry friend. The people that I have volunteered with all have a passion for animals and want nothing more than to give neglected and abused animals a better life. Every pet deserves a loving home, and the ASPCA does its best to be that home until an animal can find its forever home.
Alyssa M.
Alyssa M.
Liverpool, NY
I absolutely love the ASPCA as well as all animals. They are such a wonderful foundation that does anything to help out animals in need. I donate frequently as I pretty much cry at any sad story they share. My goal is to volunteer at the local shelter, I just have to prepare myself as I know I will adopt pretty much every pittie in there or cry knowing they don't have a home.
Shelby M.
Shelby M.
New Franklin, OH
I am a huge animal person, especially when it comes to rescue animals. I am an active pit bull advocate, and one day hope to open an animal shelter, preferably for pit bulls since they are not taken in most shelters, and are the most common breed euthanized. ASPCA helps to give animals the shelter, food, water, and care they need. This is an absolutely amazing organization!
Megan M.
Megan M.
Canonsburg, PA
Good Samaritan Expert
This organization does so much, I'm not really sure where to begin!
They are always accepting donations of pet items, such as food, toys, beds, bowls, etc.
Money is, of course, always welcome.
The services of spay and neutering are usually low.
I push for people I know who want pets to adopt from here. It's just really great that the people do so much for these animals.
Brittney P.
Brittney P.
Weslaco, TX
Don't these commercials just break your heart?
Amber H.
Amber H.
Grand Rapids, MI
What are good items to donate?
Emily R.
Emily R.
Have you ever adopted from a shelter??
Vanessa C.
Vanessa C.
Carmichael, CA
Who has adopted their furry friends from the SPCA? Share your story.
Victoria V.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do their commercials make you all teary eyed?