BY ASPCA #9 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

Valerie M.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
I have to say - I love pets more than I love a lot of things. There is nothing in this world (to me) that compares to the unconditional love and excitement of a pet just by being by your side. On the opposite spectrum, there is nothing that horrifies me more than animals being mistreated. ASPCA is always there for the nations homeless and abused animals, working round the clock to find them loving homes. Thank you!
Elizabeth R.
Linwood, NC
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
The ASPCA is an amazing charity that saves animals in crisis through abuse, homelessness, or starvation. They are an amazing charity that truly cares about saving and protecting animals. They are also easy to donate to through their website or tons of local chapters.
Andrea P.
Columbus
The ASPCA is such a crucial organization. Yes, they find loving forever homes for thousands of animals every year, but they also bear the weight of investigating and prosecuting animal cruelty. They lobby for widening animal rights laws and creating harsher, more appropriate sentences to those who would do harm to any animal. They are a voice in the dark for those who can't speak for themselves. Please support them in making this country a happier, safer place for our furry, feathered, flippered, and finned life companions.
Teresa C.
Osceola, WI
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is a wonderful organization that gains it funds from pet loving donors that want to make a difference to animals around the nation who have been starved or abused. What a great way to protect and keep pets safe.  ASPCA
Poll G.
Aspca is a business that brings to light the plight of animals.  They do not help the local shelters in your community.  They are not the local animal shelter that actually care for these animals..It is your local shelter that needs your help and donations, not the Aspca!
Justin L.
Felton, DE
Most likely my most favorite charity because animals are very special and unique and they all deserve to live good or bad you shouldn't put a dog to sleep if they bite train them also I love this one because they give homes to these animals and they try there hardest to and they take care of them very well
Amanda S.
Snellville, GA
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
I few some kind of way with the commercials. I know commercials are really expensive and they get great time on tv. Maybe they could use all this money to help the dogs.
Julia A.
Plattsburgh , NY
My family is all about this organization we are a big animal loving family we donate all the time this is an amazing cause and wish everyone would donate or adopt dogs!
Ashley W.
Detroit, MI
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
The commercials get me every time with the sad and lonely animals, I am an animal lover myself and have 2 pups and a cat adopted from them. animals can be expensive and there are a lot of strays out there in need of food, shelter, medical care and TLC. it can be an overwhelming cost to take care of all of those needs for SO many animals. I wish more people cared about the well being of animals and would spay or neuter their pets before letting them multiply and just abandoning them. adopt don't shop! animals deserve love too and are not always so lucky to find homes. this organization helps raise money to be able to take care of animals that need homes before being adopted and we couldn't be more happy with them!!!
Sarah H.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 2
This is one of the most deceiving, mismanaged, wasteful rescues out there. I am not denying they do some good for animals. I am saying only a few pennies for every donated dollar is actually spent on amlnimals. This information is easily found if you Google it. Most of the money goes to overhead. I understand it does cost money to run any business, even not for profit. Those TV commercials, stats on commercials, gifts, and employee pay eats the majority of the donations. I prefer to donate to local shelters.
Brittney P.
Weslaco , TX
Don't these commercials just break your heart?
Amber H.
Grand Rapids, MI
What are good items to donate?
Emily R.
Have you ever adopted from a shelter??
Vanessa C.
Carmichael, CA
Who has adopted their furry friends from the SPCA? Share your story.
Victoria V.
Canoga Park, CA
Do their commercials make you all teary eyed?