ASOS.com is one of the UK's largest online-only fashion and beauty stores. Primarily aimed at 18–34 year old men and women, ASOS sells both branded fashion goods and its own range of clothes.see more...
Top Questions See all 823 Q&A
- "It's now more well known which mean for higher priced items plus the done away with free shipping so that really a bummer." in 39 reviews
- "If you are looking for an online retailer that has verity from sizes (petite-plus size), different styles and a range of price points that will fit in your budget." in 18 reviews
- "If you're searching for something specific, their search tools are really helpful and you're bound to find something you'll love." in 10 reviews
- "However I was surprised that they have a wide range of clothing options for all shapes and sizes and they're not that expensive." in 10 reviews
- "The sizing is in UK so sometimes its a little off but otherwise they have a great selection of clothing at various price points." in 9 reviews
After 3 days I heard nothing. I emailed for the next 3 days straight. The only response I got was it was going to their "special team" to handle and I would hear in 4 days. At this point we would not get the suit in time for vacation. I asked if they could please overnight the top. I get an email that they just refunded the top without ever sending out a replacement. Now we have 2 bottoms! I asked each time if someone would just call me. Never a response. Worse customer service I have ever received. My daughter still wanted the suit even if she couldn't have it for vacation. It has been a nightmare trying to get a response. The top was in-stock the day I first notified them. This could have been handled quickly and efficiently. They have not done anything to compensate for their mistake in shipping the wrong item. A disgrace!
My total allowed me to use GIMME100. Some of the clothes didn't fit and I needed to return them. Instead of calculating the discount for each item (including the ones that I kept - the majority) before refunding they completely removed the discount, taking it off the refund. Other than being not fair, since the discount applied to all of the items, they wouldn't even recalculate the discount for the new amount. "Our policy doesn't allow us to do so". As their policy was imposed on them by some other entity.
ASOS always seemed to me a company very similar to Amazon, which tries to establish a long term trust with its users, so to become the first choice today and in the future.
This was an unprofessional move and they won't see me back. Just sent a request to delete my account as well.
I might be just another customer, but you're just another retail website in an ocean of options.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos