Asmodee 7 Wonders Game

by Asmodee

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Asmodee 7 Wonders Game!
How would you rate this product?
Seattle
This is a fun yet challenging game that can be played either with strategy or luck+maxing out certain stats. It takes probably a full play through to get comfortable playing, but it's fun once you understand the rules. Each person basically controls an ancient city, and each city has its strengths, weaknesses, and resources that all effect how you play the game. You collect more resources, build your city up, trade with your neighbors, try to build your wonder (as in The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World), and then battle with your neighbors. It sounds complicated, and to an extent it is, but each time you play is so different because each person is going to have different techniques and each city calls for different strategies. You can make alliances if you want, or you can go scorched Earth and try to wipe everybody out straight at the beginning. This is a good party game or a good family game if you have older kids. Each round can take maybe 45-60 minutes so it's good to either get things started or finish things up for the evening. I'm docking one point because sometimes the rules don't make sense, and there are a lot of them. You get the gist of the game after one play through, but you don't quite get all of the rules until you've played it a few times.
This is one of my favorite games of all time. I never get board of it. It's a drafting civilization building game. With three expansions now to the base set as well as countless special card for the leader set, this game has so many options the fun never ends.
Providnce Vlg, TX
You are building a wonder so it’s got a good historical piece. Good for multiplayer and good player interaction . There are multiple ways to win but also requires strategy. You don’t have to wait for others to play so you can all play at one time .
Philadelphia, PA
This is my second favorite board game (after Betrayal at House on the Hill by the way). It’s quick enough for a second play through after you learn the game and great for parties.
Chicago , IL
I love this game! It's a deck building game that involves both strategy and luck. You have to make calculated decisions on each turn because of what you opponents have decided. Each round is so different from the others that it keeps it lively and entertaining. Plus, I think you can add difficulties to it as well and you can play with three people, or as many as 6? I can't quite remember. Anyway, FUN game!
Bellevue, WA
This game is fun because your strategy of the game changes based on what your opponent decides to do as well. You need to be adaptive and make the right choice at each step, which is why I enjoy playing this game (even tho I don't enjoy being very calculating in general :P).
Papillion, NE
7 wonders is a more advanced strategy game involving multiple board and characters. This is complex game, but once you get the hang of it you will be addicted! Really enjoy this and ave bought the expansions as well!
Atlanta, GA
This is a great game and it is up to 7 players. It is one of our go to gashes when the party size gets over 4-5 players. Easy to teach but never boring
Camarillo, CA
I like how it's more about strategy and little bit by chance. It's a difficult game to learn to most people but once you get it, it's a lot of fun
This game is extremely complicated to learn and not much fun when you do. It is still worth a few plays once you finally get the hang of it (and don't expect everyone to get it at the same time, adding to the frustration) but even after the first game I've found that everyone's had their fill and can't wait to play something else. I played this first at a game board cafe and we had a games master teach us how to play; in the end, both he and our group were tearing our hair out in frustration. Once we finally got the hang of it enough to play without assistance it ran smoother, but it still wasn't as enjoyable and there were far too many rules to keep track of (some that we weren't even aware of until it came time to total the scores). It's a nice concept (love the history aspect) and at least allows players to keep their own gameplay to their placemat kingdom, but it makes it harder to see what everyone else is doing on theirs even though you're currently concerned with your immediate neighbours. There aren't enough pieces for in game scoring which makes it harder for us to keep track and even though trying to outwit your neighbours is fun I find it less fun when you keep in mind that you have all these friends you're in game with but only a few that you're directly playing with (it's like a tournament where you're scored against other gamers even though you're in the same game). I would not recommend anyone under 18 play this game as it is way too convoluted. My group only ended up playing one more game after the first one; we just couldn't take any more of it. It really did have a cool concept but required way too much to make it work. I don't need something to be simple, I just want all the parts to be unified and fit together perfectly and this game lacked that well-thought out feel. I wouldn't ever play this game again but perhaps others might have a better opinion of it. Just try it before you buy it as I would have regretted buying this outright without knowing the frustration ahead (in learning to play and in teaching others).