BY ASDA #8 in Grocery Stores

Danielle K.
Annandale, VA
I’m originally from London and have been in the US for 6 years. Asda, Tesco’s and Waitrose were my go to.

Asda was the most reasonably priced, and catered to families, or those on a budget. They carried everything from small electronics to clothes and food & produce.

Their ranges were great, and everything was good quality. They had their own brands too as well as the everyday brands. Their produce I remember was amazing
Justine A.
2046 reviews
I went to Asda while on vacation. It is a really nice store. I looked it up and it is owned by Walmart. They have a lot of great variety of things there.
Hayley L.
LS13
Cheap and great selection of food best supermarket in the UK and open 24/7 They even do homeware, clothing and makeup
Kirsty T.
When it comes to grocery shopping Asda is definitely a big competitor here in the UK, and a really good store if you are lucky enough to have a big Asda local to you. Unfortunately for me my local Asda is a small metro version and doesn't sell as wide a variety as the big stores, and I have found that whenever I've gone there I have been unable to buy everything that I have gone in there for, and have had to go on to a rival grocery store to complete my buying in. Which is such a shame because when I lived closer to a big Asda store I had loved shopping there. Asda make your own pizzas are to die for and are a total steal! And some of their home brands are really good, for instance the Black cherry and plum flavoured water and the Blackberry and elderflower flavoured water are amazing and only available in Asda, most other grocery stores aren't as adventurous with the flavours. If only my local store wasn't so small, if that weren't the case I would definitely shop there more for sure.
Yasmin J.
Broadheath close, Redditch
Asda is my number one chosen store, you can find almost everything you need!. I love this place, the one in Pudsey West Yorkshire is by far the best Asda I’ve ever used, the store is huge and has so much to choose from!, the staff are pleasant and very helpful. I have now relocated to Bromsgrove within Worcestershire, I have now visited this store s few times, it’s big enough, nothing wild, the staff have been most helpful, I made the stressful mistake of overshopping alone, got to the check out and the lovely lady was so polite and helpful!, she helped me pack my shopping which made it less of a stress, I then proceeded to call a taxi which I was unable to do so, so a kind staff member stepped outside to help me do so. The only issue I have with Asda is, they tend to do an offer in some places that aren’t the same in other stores even when they are within the same region, for example, the Budweiser beer 3 for 21,is not available in cans in every store mainly bottles.
Sheneil F.
I love going to ASDA, the store is great it sells just about everything you need. iIt is also very affordable there is a lot of variety in the products so you can find anythig you want. I especially enjoy wondering through their baking section as they always have a good selection.
Saphron L.
I used to shop at Asda quite a lot when I was in my twenties as I found it affordable and convenient since they are pretty much everywhere.

I must say, either my taste buds are a bit out, or the quality of the food at Asda just really isn’t complementary towards them as I find many of the foods either tasteless, or just poor quality.

Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of great offers at Asda, offering well known brands that I do like to buy, at great prices. But, the quality of the food I’ve tried from Asda’s own brand has definitely influenced my decision to not shop there anymore.

My advice for anyone shopping at Asda is to obviously try it yourself and see how you feel about it, but to maybe only buy the brands that you already know you like and do a topup shop elsewhere.
Katy P.
St Austell
There’s always a huge selection of everything there, I do all my food shopping there and there’s always lots of deals to benefit from. Plus with the price guarantee, if you put your receipt online or use your online shopping login they will work out if they owe you any money. My cat is very picky on cat food and they always have his favourite in stock and normally on offer too!
Lasma K.
New park stree, Shrewsbury
Still can’t get over how good Asda’s @georgeatasda make up is!
I’ve tried their mascara before and was impressed. So this time whilst doing my weekly shop I picked up the #georgeatasda Blush Queen blusher in the shade Smoky Rose, which is beautiful, also may I add its pigmented af! £3.50 bargain!
And I also picked up the #georgeatasda Liquid concealer in the shade Light. Was expecting it to be very runny, but the formula of it is pretty thick and it provides a good under-eye bag coverage too! £3.50 yet another bargain.
I am yet to test how long lasting they both are on the face and weather the concealer creases or not!
Elorah-Jayne D.
Rock View, Halberton
I've almost always had a decent shopping experience, I don't live near one myself so I use the delivery service which I never usually have any hiccups with. My critiques are as follows, something or some things from my basket are almost always substituted, there is an option to refuse substitutions but most of the time the substitutions are satisfactory and you're never charged more than the cost of the original item- unless of course the substitute costs less. My second critique stems from the couple of times some of my items have failed to turn up and I've had to go through customer services to recover them. The delivery men are always lovely, the deals are usually great so all in all a good experience.