As Seen on TV Emery Cat Refill

Use this emery cat board refill with your cat's emery cat board base. Its abrasive emery-board surface works like a nail file, so you won't have to spend time clipping your cat's claws. Your cat will enjoy the included bag of catnip. see more...

• Price of as seen on TV emery cat refills1 Answers
As Seen on TV Emery Cat Refill
  • " my cat licks the damn thing if I attach any cat nip orduct to it, but doesnt use it as a strahcing post :(" in 2 reviews
  • "But none of my three cats would use this scratcher at all." in 1 review
Ashley P.
Ashley P.
My cat seems to be a big fan of this scratcher. Since getting it she seems to have quit scratching on the couch in favor of using this. I appreciated the packet of catnip that came along with it; I definitely feel it helped my cat become more comfortable with the product.
camryn l.
camryn l.
Danbury, CT
so cool! it keeps my cats nails maintained without the hassle of having to trim their nails
Shaye S.
Shaye S.
I guess you can't really blame a company that cats don't prefer their product. But none of my three cats would use this scratcher at all. They would not touch it with catnip or when I showed them to scratch it. Instead they started scratching the furniture when they got bored. Thankfully it was cheap.
Jacquelyn E.
Jacquelyn E.
Marysville, WA
I bought this at the pet store after seeing a commercial for it one night and thought it seemed like a cool idea. Well apparently my cats didn't think so and have never once touched the thing. I have tried putting catnip on it and they looked at me like I was crazy. I guess my cats just prefer regular scratching posts.
kirk l.
kirk l.
The cat visits this many times per day. It does work great for getting the cat to stop tearing other things up. Doesn't last very long with my cat, about a month or so and it is worn down quit a bit.
Yesenia C.
Yesenia C.
Austin, TX
I tried adding some catnip & such. My cat has absolutely no interest in this product whatsoever. To be fair, she actually avoids it. I can put it near something I don't want her to have access to and she'll avoid it entirely.
Lisa V.
Lisa V.
Jacksonville, FL
Okay, I have picky cats which wouldn't go near anything I bought them. I got this and a bottle of catnip spray- OH BOY did they go to town on this. It has vastly changed the damage done to sofas and carpets, if the catnip smell wears off (which it will) I just spray under the refill and they come right back. They enjoy scratching it, their nails are more dull, my carpet and sofa are safe, and they even take turns sleeping on it. They use it daily, but I only have to replace it every 6 months or so.
Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.
Arlington, TX
Like another reviewer stated, my cats wouldn't touch this scratcher, at first. It took a good month before someone finally decided to give it a try. After that, however, it became very popular with all of them. I'm not sure why it took so long, but I'm glad that I gave it a chance. We are now on our second refill, and we will probably purchase another one soon.

I don't notice any change in the sharpness or length of their nails. If they flip it over (which is rare because of the sturdy stand), it does leave some emery dust behind. But it does keep them from scratching the furniture and carpet.
Erin R.
Erin R.
my cat licks the damn thing if I attach any cat nip orduct to it, but doesn't use it as a strahcing post :(
Mrs. K. S.
Mrs. K. S.
This product was great at first at you add fresh catnip to it (provided with refill). Once that fresh scent of cat nip wears out, the cats lose any interest in this product.
Price of as seen on TV emery cat refills