BY AS I AM

Beautiful Coils And Curls...Naturally. Wherever And Whenever You Want Your Hair To "Lay Down And Stay Awhile", Reach For This Superb Smoother. Unlike The Average Gel, There's No Harsh Ingredients To Dry Out, Harden And Roughen Your Hair. Instead, It's Made With Choice Organics To Hydrate As It Smoothes. Your Hold Will Be Secure, Yet Shiny, Sleek And Moisturized. And, When It's Time To Cleanse, You'll Find The Smoothing Gel Easy To Rinse From Your Hair. With Aloe Vera Gel, Sugar Beet Root, Vegetable Glycerin And Wheat Protein. see more...

As I Am Smoothing Hair Gel
  • "I really like this gel, the smell is very nice and a little bit went a long way for me." in 1 review
Marcie M.
Davison , MI
1,192 reviews
I just recently discovered this brand at Walmart. It was a little pricey for a smaller container, but the good outweighs that. First, the smell is very nice and almost fruity. The consistency is a medium jelly substance that feels smooth. I used this on my hair after a shower, I mainly put it on my ends. After styling, I added a little bit on my dry curls and it gave them nice bounce and definition. I would recommend.
Nessa A.
meridian
Purchased at: Amazon
This product is recommended to smooth hair edges down. I like it for my hair edges and I’ve also experimented with using it for my whole head. Can’t say I was particularly wowed but it wasn’t bad either. Just thought I would try. Good fragrance and affordable.
Anton M.
Memphis
It could be a bit thicker ... Maybe if As I Am made it thicker and out inside of a tube or squeezable bottle/tubing it’ll be much better ...

Before my hair got extremely thick out of no where I use to use this in a wash and go for a ponytail and now I’m scared to purchase it again b/c I don’t know what outcome I’ll receive ...

But...... Id say give it a try ... you’ll love the smell and the texture that it gives the hair and definition.
Kia F.
Ok this product is amazing, I use this hair smoothie once a week and I will continue using it, it softens your hair extremely and it also thickens it, gives your hair a shine and is affordable an overall great product
Lucia M.
Matthews, NC
This has a very light hold. It doesn't flake. But it basically went away after about an hour. I got it because it has no harsh ingredients in it, but I guess I need more hold than this for my super curly hair.
Devin M.
Atlanta, GA
The only thing that can slick my hair down. Leaves no residue and there is no flaking. I gave it 4 starts instead of 5 because I still have to use edge control for my edges to lay down. This alone will not lay down my edges. But overall, it's great!
Shonti X.
Fairview, NJ
All time favorite gel. Great hold great texture great aroma! I absolutely love it. No flaking lasts a long time too. I gave it a 4 because it is a bit on the pricey side and the hard doesn't hold very much product.
Rya Z.
This smoothing gel was one of the first I tried, and I love it. It provides great hold without turning your curls crunchy, and the product itself isn't overly sticky like a lot of gels meant for "naturals" are.
myangel b.
Memphis, TN
Sometimes it works great, sometimes it’s just okay. Overall it’s a good product. If you’re looking for a gel with a hard cast this isn’t it. It smells good. Smooths our braid/twist. If used with certain other products it can dry out hot hair.
Maria H.
Lawrence, KS
I like this gel, it can get kind of crunchy if you don’t disperse it well enough and it can be really sticky until it dries. It does a great job of keeping the frizz away though.
Anna L.
Windsor, CT
Has anyone tried using this to define their curls?
Darlene S.
What I want to know if anyone has used this and what your opinion about this particular product enquiring Minds would like to know