As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner

by As I Am

You already know it and your hair can feel it! CoWashing is the way to cleanse your hair most of the time. This light no-suds conditioning cream gently removes residue including all of the things you've used to style and maintain your coils and curls. Now it's time for a sparkling new beginning.

This cowash is different from any other because it contains a special blend of natural ingredients that work to promote healthy hair growth from the follicular level.

Has anyone with 3A/ 3B hair used this? What did you think?
Does this Cowash leave your hair stripped?
How is the slip on this co wash?
Start your review of As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner!
How would you rate this product?
Los Angeles, CA
I finally fell into the hype of co-washing. Las year, I remember looking back at old baby photos and wondered why over time I outgrew them my wavy locks. Could it be the damage of heat-styling, chemical processing, relaxers, and everything in between? Absolutely yes! I did tons of research and discovered what was called the "Curly Girl Method". You have all probably heard of it if you wanted to find a way to restore your hair's natural texture. After 2 years of letting my hair grow it, not chemically processing it and adding minimal amounts of heat, I finally procured up a routine for my 2a, high porosity, fine hair. (That research really did a lot for figuring out my hair type, eh?) I found out about this co-wash through Curly Cailin. She's a huge curly girl hair advocate and her locks are to die for. I bought this product per her recommendation and I'm so glad I started using it because my hair has never looked better. Since I do live in a hard water area, I make sure to use a clarifying shampoo 1-2x a month to remove all the heavy buildup. My favorite clarifying shampoo so far has been the JOHNSON'S Baby Shampoo 7 oz by Johnson & Johnson . I use this to remove all the grease, oil, and buildup from previous product before I start my CGM routine. Before all of this, I thought that more bubble and lather = better results. Totally wrong. This co-wash has little to no lather and after a hair wash day, my hair is the cleanest and softest it has ever been. Not to mention my hair smells like a nice, fresh coconut and it's super shiny! I loooooove the results. I also do notice that I can extend my hairwashing days to every 3 days instead of every 2. Since this is a cowash and already provides really great slip, when I feel I need a little bit more of hydration, I follow up with a bit of Matrix Biolage Ultra HydraSource Conditioner , these two together are seriously the best combo for my hair type. My 4 year old daughter has the exact same hair texture and type as mine, I even started using the co-wash on her too and her curls have never looked more bouncier! My waves have finally shown their full potential and I am never going back to my straight, lifeless, frizzy hair. This is a game changer for me. I am forever going to be using this product for as long as its around. Can I also mention that this is under $10 and a little goes a long way!? This will last you a decent amount of time! I can'y wait to finish this jar and repurchase the next!
Lawrenceville, GA
As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner uploaded by Domynoe L.
Purchased at: Amazon
1Picked this up because it's honestly easier to get a hold of without shipping charges. It's looser than I'm used to but not liquid--still creamy. The scent is strong but fades. Lo to no lather, so I worried a bit on how thorough it would clean. LOTS of slip. Rinsed out quickly and left my hair smooth and soft and moisturized but without feeling like it left any residue behind. That my hair but better thing? Yea, that. I was astounded, honestly, because even with EBW, this isn't a feeling I get often. I do think the Eden Body Works EDEN BodyWorks Coconut Shea Cleansing CoWash 16oz is more cleansing overall, but this is more cleansing than the Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture Hella Drenched Hydration Cream Co-Wash 7.3 oz/ 216 mL. I choose which to use depending on the condition of my hair and what it needs.
Mt Holly Spgs, PA
I love this cowash so much. When I first went CGM I tried this and I absolutely hated it because it left my hair pretty greasy. My hair just wasn't ready for it at that point. About a year later I tried it again and it was amazing. My crown wasn't frizzy, my scalp was clean and dry and the length of my hair was moisturized. Now I can't use this alone as my conditioner and detangler, I do actually need to use conditioner after this because I have high porosity hair that needs so much moisture. This is probably the only product I stock up on and go through so many tubs. So far the other cowashes I've tried just don't do what this one does. I think my hair is pretty particular about the surfactants in products because the other cowashes tend to have more surfactants than this cowash. I've kicked shampoo to the curb, with the exception of my monthly clarifying shampoo.
I started using this product after I decided to transition (again) to curly hair, last year. I had tried other co-washes in the past and had always hated them. My scalp tends to be a little oily and if it isn't cleaned well it gets insanely itchy. This was the first co-wash that I used that actually made my roots feel clean and didn't leave me at all itchy. It had great slip and was super moisturizing, and it lasted me a surprisingly long time. I purchased several jars and loved it while I was trying to nurse my hair to health, but now find it a bit heavy for my fine, low porosity hair. I would still highly recommend this product, especially to people with damaged or high porosity hair.
Ardmore, AL
Purchased at: Amazon
This product has amazed me I am sharing pictures from before I started using this product, after 2 uses and a third picture showing how great my hair still looks after 3 days. I have curly hair with an irregular curl pattern. I've always struggled with finding products that would actually moisturize like they claim. I used Wen for a very long time and THOUGHT I was happy with it....until I tried this. The Coconut Cowash smells like a beach vacation! Its creamy, not too thick and cleans very well! I am so satisfied! My hair is grown out and bleached 3/4 of the way. I lost most of my curl to the damage, but this has brought it back! I've added all of their products to my amazon cart!
Joplin , MO
This product is amazing. The perfect cowash for everyday use because it doesn’t dry out your hair. My curls are noticeably more moisturized than if I were to use a regular shampoo and conditioner. The smell reminds me of something from my childhood but I can’t quite put my finger on it. One thing that I’m still getting used to is that it cleanses your hair but doesn’t lather up like a shampoo, a lot of the time when something doesn’t lather it feels like it’s not actually cleaning your hair. In reality it does cleanse, it’s just not harsh! Definitely recommend at least trying this product for yourself.
Purchased at: Walmart
This product has good slip to it and a decent citrusy smell to it. It is quite runny, making it messy to use. Unfortunately, everytime I try and use this product long-term, I start noticing buildup issues, and it doesn’t matter what product I use in my hair to style it with, it just simply omg is not doing it’s job well enough to remove all product buildup from my hair and scalp and get them completely clean like they should be, which is why, I stopped using this stuff, and have put an end to using cowashes all together. I now use sulfate free shampoo again, and have no plans on using anything else but shampoo to clean my hair with ever again.
N Little Rock, AR
Purchased at: Walmart
First things first, I love this product. I’ve always seen it at the store and never purchased it but decided 2 weeks ago that I had to try it. I washed my hair with it for the first time and couldn’t believe my eyes. My knots and tangled melted instantly with this product! It made my hair feel so clean and refreshed after just one use. I’ve never tried a cleansing conditioner like this before. Also, I hate the way coconut smells and this product smells so amazing. The scent isn’t too strong though. It came from my local Walmart for about $7. The jar has a ton of product in it too!
Lake Saint Louis
I’m somewhere in between a 2c and a 3a with my hair texture, and this cowash works perfectly for me. It moistures my hair well, and since I started using I’ve noticed a lot less tangles. Sometimes certain products with too much moisture can weigh down my hair and make it look flat and oily, but this hasn’t been a problem with As I am. The scent is a pleasant coconut clean smell that doesn’t cause me a headache. I would highly recommend to all the curly girls out there using the Curly Girl Method since this product contains all the right ingredients
Torrington, CT
As I Am Co-Wash is one of my favorite go to products when my hair needs cleansing. This Co-Wash lathers my hair and gives it the slip it needs in order for me to detangle as well as cleanse my hair. If I could improve anything about this product, it would be the smell. The smell isn't bad, but it also isn't that good; especially compared to other co wash products. I would definitely recommend this product to my curl friends. It gets the job done and leaves my hair clean, soft, moisturized and ready to be fresh and styled.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Toronto, ON
il y a 4 mois
I need a new shampoo. I’m trying a co wash tagged below... I used to use deva curl low poo. As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner[product:devacurl-low-poo-original,-mild-lather-cleanser]... I have shedding and hair breaking issues unfortunately. Any recommendations?
Leah T. • il y a 2 mois
I like the not your mothers natural line for shampoo and conditioner