BY ARTIS

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

Artis Elite Mirror Oval 7 Brush see more...

Buy on Sephora
Caroline S.
Greenwood, SC
If I were to write a review anytime before last week, I’d give this five stars. It doesn’t steal your product like other brushes can do (so it provides you a flawless full coverage and saves you more money in the long run as far as foundation goes), doesn’t give me that much of a hard time to clean (compared to other crazy dense brushes), and it’s easy to use. HOWEVER! I’ve had this brush for less than 1 year and I rotate my brushes fairly often... this guy broke in half on me while I was wiping some product off of it. I wasn’t being rough or careless either. BROKE IN HALF. A $62 dollar brush shouldn’t have done that— especially within less of a year. I was shocked. I bought in around Halloween last year, it’s June now.... so I will not be recommending any Artis brushes after this. I have other brushes that have given me identical results (with a cheaper price tag) that have lasted for 7+ years! Not worth it.
Sarah J.
Brooklyn
I own several Artis Brushes, but the Oval 7 ($62) is my favorite by far. Mine is from the Elite Mirror Collection. I received it as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago.

The Oval 7 is the perfect size for your face. I mainly use it to apply foundation, but it also works with blush, highlighting, bronzing, skincare and setting powders. This brush is incredibly versatile. I think that the design of the Elite Mirror Collection is very sleek and chic.

Artis brushes are made exclusively with CosmeFibre which is described as “a revolutionary engineered fiber made for applying cosmetic and makeup products.” The rubber grip on the handle makes it easy to hold. The bristles are really soft and densely packed. This brush applies foundation evenly without leaving behind a streaky finish. It also uses less product than an ordinary brush or beauty sponge.

I keep my Artis brushes clean with the Artis Brush Cleansing Foam, 210 mL and Artis Brush Cleaning Pad, Premier. I simply spray some of the foam onto the bristles, swirl the brush on the pad and voilà!

If you’re going to invest in just one Artis brush, I’d recommend the Oval 7 because it’s an excellent multitasker.
Emily M.
I was beyond excited to get this brush. However, I barely reach for it anymore. It provided a nearly flawless finish, but I found myself reaching for my beauty blender more often than not. I definitely believe that the price point for this brush is deserving enough for the level of quality of the bristles. I haven't run into any issues with the handle snapping like some reviewers, but again, I don't reach for it nearly as often.
Amanda W.
Used my new Artis oval 7 for the first time today to apply my foundation and let me just say, I loved it!  I feel like the 7 is the perfect size for the face. I debated on the 8, which would be ok for foundation, too, but I thought the 7 is more versatile and can be used for blush, bronzer, etc.  It did an amazing job with smoothing my foundation all over my face with even coverage. It's worth the investment!
Elyse S.
Waukesha, WI
I love the way this brush blends my makeup, so soft, I would like to give it only 3 stars because the fricken head snapped off the handle and for a $70 brush I am pretty irritated that the handle was made with plastic. I still had to give it 4 stars cause I love how it applies my makeup
Claudia C.
Tampa , FL
I bought this brush hoping it would replace my beauty blender but I still love my beauty blender more. I do love how the bristles are so dense on this brush it really does leave a beautiful finish. Only thing is that I'm having some issues with a lot of the bristles coming out. I take really good care of my brushes so that was a bit of a bummer
Brittany T.
Waldorf, MD
I never thought I’d spend this much money on a makeup brush BUT this brush is amazing and the way it blends is top notch. I will probably end up buying other Artis brushes because they really are great quality and I use a lot less product now.
Morgan K.
Onalaska, WI
I just bought this a couple of weeks ago and I do truly enjoy it but I do find myself reaching for my Morphe flat foundation brush a lot more often. I'll have to give it some more time/ use it with other foundations.
Amy Kristin V.
Hot Springs , AR
This brush is amazing, and if you are a makeup fanatic like myself, you will agree that this brush is worth the splurge if you want a super fast, flawless application. One thing that I've learned though, is for best results, try to use a continuous swiping motion, seldom taking the brush off the face. It blends out foundation the fastest I've ever been able to with an ordinary brush or makeup sponge, and I think would be great for beginners or those who are often pressed for time and still want a smooth finish foundation. I personally prefer this brush for liquids and creams, because while it claims to work for powders, it can tend to remove some product if blended too much. Very dense, extremely soft bristles. Overall, great product, beautiful packaging, A++
olivia m.
This brush is fantastic! It is so soft and delicate on the skin, perfect for a flawless look. The fact that it is made for multiple uses (foundation, concealer, contour, etc), reassures me that it is worth every penny. I personally use this brush for foundation application, and it is THE quickest application brush I have ever used. The coverage is great, the brush disperses the product in an even amount across the skin for an airbrushed look. In my opinion, this brush works best with more luminous and/or liquid matte foundations. The brush doesn't soak up too much product, but it will accumulate a good mount of product over time if one does not wash it regularly after every use. I would highly recommend this Brush!
Toni N.
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Compared to a beauty blender what's the finish like with on this? I hate a streaky textured look which is why I've basically retired all my foundation brushes.
Taryn M.
Jacksonville, FL
I have been looking into getting an Artis brush for foundation as they seem to work wonders. I just want to know if this truly is a great brush. Also would I need to spend all this money or try and find a knock off online, as I hear they are similar.
Samantha K.
Is this worth the big price tag or can a morphe brush do just as well?
Amanda W.
Anyone ever encounter the handle breaking on their Oval 7 (or any other # brush)? I've heard that can happen. I feel like a handle is nicer for storage of brushes (can stand it up with all other makeup brushes) but if there is a risk of the handle breaking, then maybe one of the Artis palm brushes would be better?  Thanks!
Susan C.
Glendale, CA
Does this really achieve a flawless foundation finish by gliding it over the face? Does it leave streaks? How does this compare to the Sigma F80? What makes it special?

back