BY ARROWHEAD MILLS

Excellent Source of Fiber & Phosphorus Good Source of Iron Whole Grain Amaranth is an ancient "grain" that is an excellent source of fiber.  Being thousands of years old doesn t keep this "grain" from combining with other ingredients to create delicious flavorful soups, breads and even dressing. see more...

• Does anyone have a good recipe for this? I have heard of ...1 Answers
Arrowhead Mills Whole Grain Amaranth
  • "It is ok, but I think it works better in soups or stews and not as a grain dish by itself. " in 1 review
Lara C.
Wellesley, MA
Hard to find good recipes, and the package needs to be emptied into something that closes immediately, BUT this is such an interesting grain (texture-wise) it's worth a try. My family loved it! Sort of a healtheir, finer taste than grits.
Christian D.
Sunrise, FL
Amaranth has a very specify taste and I did not care for it too much. It is ok, but I think it works better in soups or stews and not as a grain dish by itself.
Emily H.
West Valley, NY
Does anyone have a good recipe for this? I have heard of using it like popcorn, but can't find a recipe for that either.