BY NONE

Review (1)
Khadijah N.
Roswell, GA
I love memoir’s written by celebrities I admire. But “Around the Way Girl” is a term I wasn’t ready for. I wanted to read Taraji’s book but I was not trying to shade my judgment of how amazing she is to me with the phrase, “around the way girl”. Where I’m from that phrase is used to describe the girls who get around with every fella in town. That’s not how I wanted to know Taraji P. Henson. So it took me a minute to want to read the book. But when I did decide to read it, I was completely wrong about her meaning of “Around the Way Girl”. Reading her memoir made me fall more in love with her. I love feeling connected to my favorite celebrities. If you read this book you will see for yourself, it’s not a tell all book. It’s an inspirational story about her struggle to get to where she is today.