BY ARM & HAMMER

Fluoride Anti-Cavity Toothpaste Cleans. Whitens. Freshens. Fresh From the Dentist Feeling of Clean™. Arm & Hammer® Complete Care™ contains the highest level of refined Dental Baking Soda;  the same ingredient many dentists and hygienists use to clean their patients teeth. Deep cleaning. Extra white teeth. Low abrasion formula. Fluoride cavity protection. Tartar control. Intense breath freshening For that professional clean feeling every time you brush!™. see more...

• Does this have a funny after taste?2 Answers
  • What toothpaste do you guys use to whiten teeth ? I use this one ...2 Answers
Candace K.
I prefer this toothpaste to the minty kind that other brands carry. They always leave a minty aftertaste and if I'm going to eat something within the next 30 minutes I'd prefer not to have that. This does has a salty taste to it but it isn't overpowering...it doesn't linger in your mouth yet it still freshens your breath. As for whitening, I have not seen any noticeable difference in my teeth. If you're looking to get whiter teeth I honestly don't think toothpaste alone is going to do it. That being said, I'm not sure what to try for that. But overall, great toothpaste, inexpensive ($3.50), taste fine, no lingering aftertaste, freshens breath. I don't know about tarter control because I only have that problem on my front teeth in the bottom row that my dentist usually gets. As for cavities, I've never had any so I'm guessing this fights those too.
Tiffany M.
Marshall, AR
I am not sure why this has such horrible ratings. Sure it tastes horrible but it is a million times better for you than 3D whitening toothpastes...my cousin got cancer in her mouth from using 3D whitening toothpastes and the cancer doctor told her to stop using that toothpaste right away because it causes cancer and that she needs to be using Arm and Hammer. Everyone in my family has used it ever since and I have noticed my teeth have got so white since I've started using it. Whiter than when I was using the 3D whitening toothpaste!!
Angie C.
Spring Hill, TN
I have never been able to finish an entire tube of this. So I can't tell you if its whitening or stain defending or whatever. I always try it because of the baking soda. I know that baking soda is great for cleaning with so I always try this and can't get past the taste. Its not so horrible that I won't use it but its not good so I can't ever get through the whole tube before I switch back to my old stuff. Can't recommend but I don't hate it either.
Sarah L.
If you are someone who constantly has canker sores SWITCH TO THIS TOOTHPASTE!!! I never knew that canker sores are commonly caused by certain chemicals in toothpaste such as crest. Once I made the switch I haven't had one! I loved crest and I know it's a great toothpaste, but it just wasn't for me. This has a weird flavor to get used to but once you are it's great! Plus it's inexpensive and keeps teeth looking great.
Madison F.
I did not like this tooth paste. It was very effective, I just hated the taste. All I could taste was baking soda. It was my first time trying it. My teeth felt very clean and my mouth felt minty and refreshed, I just dislike the taste while I am in the process of brushing my teeth. I would recommend this to others as it does work, I just don't favor the strong baking soda taste.
Jennifer C.
Wichita, KS
I like this toothpaste because I've never been a fan of the minty ones. This has kind of a salty taste because of the baking soda, but it's not so overpowering that I can't use it for a couple of minutes. I always feel like I have to rinse longer to get out any residue, but I like the end results. This is a brand/formula I will buy again.
Jenna O.
Once you get paste the taste and the weird texture, this toothpaste is great! Mintier doesn't necessarily mean cleaner! I love that I can use this toothpaste immediately after eating and I don't start gagging like I do with other toothpastes. It's also great to use if you know you will be eating very soon after brushing your teeth too!
Kirlyn R.
Wheatley Hts, NY
People often ask what I use to keep my teeth so white and this is it! I've been using this for years now and my teeth have only gotten brighter. Plus it leaves your mouth with the freshest feeling. If you're not used to baking powder than the taste may be a little bitter but you get used to it. Definitely worth all your money.
Sandra U.
Benson, NC
This toothpaste did a pretty good job cleaning my teeth but I did not like the taste of the toothpaste, I prefer a more minty fresh flavor in my toothpaste. I'm sure that it is very effective in preventing cavities and probably good on stains and I would recommend it to someone that does not want an overpowering minty flavor
Sara Z.
Phoenix, AZ
I don't know if I'm just biased, but I just can't get myself to buy another arm & hammer toothpaste. The product itself definitely isn't bad whatsoever, I just have a favorite toothpaste that I'm not willing to part with. The price and quality is just fine on this product, I'm just picky when it comes to toothpaste:)
Ana V.
Indianapolis
What toothpaste do you guys use to whiten teeth ? I use this one but I don't see the difference
Natalie W.
Salem, IL
Does this have a funny after taste?