Arm & Hammer Advance White Extreme Whitening Control with Baking Soda & Peroxide

BY ARM & HAMMER

New! Fresh from the Dentist Feeling of Clean® Stain Defense™ to Help Prevent New Stains from Setting. Fluoride Anticavity Protection. Tartar Control. Low Abrasion Formula. Breath Freshening. Extreme Whitening. Deep Cleaning Arm & Hammer® Advance White® is specially formulated with refined dental grade baking soda to give you a noticeably whiter, brighter smile.  Baking soda removes plaque and surface stains with a deep cleaning action.  High levels of peroxide target tough. see more...

• Does this work well? How does it compare to crest whitening tooth...2 Answers
Sharlene S.
Sharlene S.
Trimont, MN
This toothpaste does an excellent job at leaving your teeth feeling clean. Unfortunately, that is the only positive attribute. The taste is unpleasant, but not surprising with the baking soda and peroxide. The artificial sweetener and mint used to the flavor more palatable actually make the flavor harder to endure. The texture is definitely something to adjust to. I use clay based natural toothpaste usually, and have used baking soda based natural toothpastes, but in this toothpaste, the baking soda doesn't seem to dissolve like it does in others living behind a dry residue. All of this would be tolerable if it actually whitened. After a month of use, there was no noticeable difference. I won't be purchasing this toothpaste again.
Macarena T.
Macarena T.
Covington, Ky
I love arm and hammer's toothpastes. I like that it doesn't taste like a dessert or it's too harshly minted. My teeth feel cleaner than when I've used other brands like Colgate, and it seams to me that it does the job faster. A little goes a long way too which ends up saving you money. This specific one is supposed to whiten your teeth and I don't think I have seen a difference in mine, or in my husbands. It may be a slower more saddle process and I may not be paying attention enough, but if you are expecting to get a while pearly smile fast I would try one of those whitening strips or pens.
Stacey M.
Stacey M.
Apo, AP
If you can get past the fizzy flavor of the peroxide and the semi salty taste of the baking soda this is actually a really good toothpaste to use. I am not one of those people unfortunately. The best results is to use this toothpaste at least twice a day and to brush your teeth with as long of contact with the product on your teeth as possible. I think I fell short since the flavor was too strong. I'm totally willing to try it again if a milder flavor comes out because it did whiten my teeth a bit and the overall results were positive. I just had an issue with the taste.
Yeveta N.
Yeveta N.
Hello everyone I'm coming to you with a review on the Arm & Hammer Advance White Extreme Whitening control with baking soda and peroxide well my loves i did not enjoy using this product it was a little bit too much baking soda in it for me I would recommend it for anyone who wants to use it my loves I just wasn't pleased with it I'm not a dentist so I can't say if it's good for you or not I just didn't like it enjoy your day My Loves thanks enjoy your day
Ellen C.
Ellen C.
My friend recommended Arm and Hammer toothpaste to me because we are both coffee drinkers and we all know that coffee stains our teeth. I noticed that her teeth are white and she told me she use Arm and hammer to brush her teeth daily. I went to Costco to purchase a pack of Arm and Hammer toothpaste and surely enough, my teeth got whiter. The toothpaste is not minty so it would not kill bad breathe or morning breathe, but it does whiten the teeth.
Morgan G.
Morgan G.
Wilmington, NC
I didn't really appreciate this product as much as I wanted to. The taste of it is so bland, it's pretty much not worth using. I didn't feel "minty fresh" after using this product at all. I couldn't even use it long enough to see if it actually whitened teeth. I might try it again, since I know what to expect with the taste and all, but it's not something I'm rushing to the store to repurchase.
Bailey G.
Bailey G.
This is by far the best toothpaste I have ever used! I have incredibly sensitive gums and most whitening toothpastes irritate them. The baking soda and peroxide in this toothpaste creates the cleanest feeling I've ever experienced from a toothpaste and the whitening actually works! 10/10 I'd recommend this is a heartbeat!
Jessica C.
Jessica C.
Tucson, AZ
I've used this toothpaste about 1 time in the past and I wasn't really a fan of it. The flavor is very bland it's very pasty. The good thing about it is that it's a good product because it's less abrasive on the enamel of our teeth as opposed to other toothpastes that are very minty and strong which are more abrasive.
Courtney L.
Courtney L.
Bellingham, WA
This is my all time favorite toothpaste. It has a great, fresh, minty taste. It works well on surface stains and keeps my teeth as white as they can be even with my coffee and wine habit. In addition my dentist says it is low on the abrasion scale so I'm not removing enamel like some other whiting toothpastes. Love!
Nickie B.
Nickie B.
Wellness Guru Expert
The best of both worlds I us to buy so many different brands and I thought that I needed so many more products to maintain a fresh breath. once I switched to a&h it provided several hours of fresh breath. I highly recommend this product for its performance to keep your mouth clean and the whitening.
Danielle A.
Danielle A.
Cincinnati, OH
Does this work well? How does it compare to crest whitening toothpastes?