BY ARISTA RECORDS

Pink's debut album was a promising collection of dance-pop, easily lumped into the teen pop boon of 2000 since she was young and sang over savvy, skittering club beats. Those comparisons irked - hell, angered - Pink, and she was determined to prove she was real with her second album. So she called up her idol, Linda Perry of 4 Non Blondes fame, to help her rock and write; bared her soul; fought for some artistic control; brought in Steven Tyler; and wound up with M!ssundaztood, a title bound to never show up on Internet search engines. This all sounds like the script for a VH1 movie, but the wild thing is that M!ssundaztood not only works, it works smashingly - a bewildering amalgam of sounds and attitudes that shouldn't fit together, but defy all odds and do. This record bubbles over with imagination, as hooky pop songs like the title track rub shoulders with glitzy dancefloor anthems like "Get the Party Started" and sexy, swaggering arena rock redux like "18 Wheeler" before delving into weird confessionals like "Family Portrait," "Dear Diary," and "My Vietnam." Forget that this isn't what anybody would have expected Pink to do; it's hard to imagine anybody else that would have the idea and the inclination to blend late-'80s, metal-spiked album rock with modern hip-hop and dance, then dress it up with dazzling modern pop production, all the while not avoiding painful subjects (particularly her dysfunctional family) or melody. If that's not an artistic statement, then what is? And the damn thing is, there hasn't been a record in the mainstream this vibrant or this alive in a long, long time. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine, Rovi see more...

• "I highly recommend it! " in 1 review
  • "When I was in high school I did a dance to one of the songs on this cd..." in 1 review
Dani B.
I have been a Pink fan from the beginning. She is such an amazing genuine person. I got to meat her in person once and about fainted. I have every CD since the beginning. So much talent. Real and down to earth and she stands for what she believes in!
Sarah W.
Liberty, SC
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I have been a fan of P!nk since I was five years old and this album came out, I am now twenty and I still listen to her. Her music got me and my mom through some really hard times. She has an amazing voice and a very powerful story to tell with all of her music. I will never stop listening to her. I pray she never stops making music.
Amanda J.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I loved this album when I was in junior high! I listened to it all the time! This album got me through some really tough times! My favorite song on the album was Just Like a Pill! There are so many catchy tunes on here! The lyrics are awesome and P!nk’s voice sounds amazing! I highly recommend!
Kelly R.
Richmond, VA
This was my jam back in the day. In my angsty teen years it felt like Pink was speaking directly to my teen experience. I would probably say that i know almost all the words still to this day. I like that it switches from more hyped up party music to more emotional and biographical lyrics.
Malynda M.
New Riegel, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Okay, I admit it...I'm forty-something, and I REALLY like Pink's music. I mean, let's face it, her voice is wonderful! I loved most of the songs on "Can't Take Me Home", and I even love more of the songs on "Missundaztood". My favorites on this cd are "Don't Let Me Get Me", "Just Like A Pill", "18 Wheeler", "Misery", "Dear Diary", "Lonely Girl", "Numb", and "My Vietnam"...ohhh forgedda 'bout it, ALL the songs on this cd are good! Of course, I was awakened by the poignant lyrics in the song "Family Portrait" which I have to say, I admire Pink for singing and putting on this cd. It's sad, brutally honest, and every parent in this world should listen to these lyrics as if they were sung by their own child. But thankfully, that's the only song on here that makes me want to cry inside. The rest are bluesy, jazzy, rock/pop sensations that just make you want to listen to them over, and over, and over, and over. Get the point?! Go ahead, buy this cd, you will not be sorry you added it to your collecion. And to Pink, if you ever read this - Keep up the good work girl! (and take care of that voice of yours, it's Golden!)
Kelsie B.
Saginaw, TX
Pink will forever be my soul mate! I live vicariously through her every day.
Her lyrics really do capture that of someone who is "misunderstood" and finding their way.
My favorite song is "Pill"
I definitely recommend to anyone who needs a heartfelt jam session!
Charlene G.
Mapleton Dep, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Pink's Missundastood album is absoultely amazing. She is a great artist and I am a big fan. Her vocals are absolutely amazing compared to others of her era. I love every song on the album. I find that I must listen to it all the time. I recommend it others.
Jessica M.
Ok so I am old and was really troubled when she released this album. I related with the lyrics and all these years later can still go back in time when listening to and singing along with this album. It's a masterpiece! I love Pinks music.
Kendra  T.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This album came out at the perfect time to represent my high school life. I was confused, annoyed, and easily misunderstood. This album made me feel that someone understood everything I was going through. This album truly spoke to me! Thank you p!nk!
Meghan W.
Cape Coral, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I remember listening to this in my dads car when I was in 5th grade, I wanted to be just like her! P!NK is awesome, a strong female singer, with real lyrics. I don't listen much anymore, but always respect.
Nicole A.
Las Vegas , NV
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
What is your FAVORITE Pink song ever? Mine is Sober?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
What songs does this have?