BY ARISTA RECORDS

Pink's debut album was a promising collection of dance-pop, easily lumped into the teen pop boon of 2000 since she was young and sang over savvy, skittering club beats. Those comparisons irked - hell, angered - Pink, and she was determined to prove she was real with her second album. So she called up her idol, Linda Perry of 4 Non Blondes fame, to help her rock and write; bared her soul; fought for some artistic control; brought in Steven Tyler; and wound up with M!ssundaztood, a title bound to never show up on Internet search engines. This all sounds like the script for a VH1 movie, but the wild thing is that M!ssundaztood not only works, it works smashingly - a bewildering amalgam of sounds and attitudes that shouldn't fit together, but defy all odds and do. This record bubbles over with imagination, as hooky pop songs like the title track rub shoulders with glitzy dancefloor anthems like "Get the Party Started" and sexy, swaggering arena rock redux like "18 Wheeler" before delving into weird confessionals like "Family Portrait," "Dear Diary," and "My Vietnam." Forget that this isn't what anybody would have expected Pink to do; it's hard to imagine anybody else that would have the idea and the inclination to blend late-'80s, metal-spiked album rock with modern hip-hop and dance, then dress it up with dazzling modern pop production, all the while not avoiding painful subjects (particularly her dysfunctional family) or melody. If that's not an artistic statement, then what is? And the damn thing is, there hasn't been a record in the mainstream this vibrant or this alive in a long, long time. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine, Rovi see more...

• "I highly recommend it! " in 1 review
  • "When I was in high school I did a dance to one of the songs on this cd..." in 1 review
Malynda M.
Malynda M.
New Riegel, OH
Pop Culture Expert
Okay, I admit it...I'm forty-something, and I REALLY like Pink's music. I mean, let's face it, her voice is wonderful! I loved most of the songs on "Can't Take Me Home", and I even love more of the songs on "Missundaztood". My favorites on this cd are "Don't Let Me Get Me", "Just Like A Pill", "18 Wheeler", "Misery", "Dear Diary", "Lonely Girl", "Numb", and "My Vietnam"...ohhh forgedda 'bout it, ALL the songs on this cd are good! Of course, I was awakened by the poignant lyrics in the song "Family Portrait" which I have to say, I admire Pink for singing and putting on this cd. It's sad, brutally honest, and every parent in this world should listen to these lyrics as if they were sung by their own child. But thankfully, that's the only song on here that makes me want to cry inside. The rest are bluesy, jazzy, rock/pop sensations that just make you want to listen to them over, and over, and over, and over. Get the point?! Go ahead, buy this cd, you will not be sorry you added it to your collecion. And to Pink, if you ever read this - Keep up the good work girl! (and take care of that voice of yours, it's Golden!)
Kelsie B.
Kelsie B.
Saginaw, TX
Pink will forever be my soul mate! I live vicariously through her every day.
Her lyrics really do capture that of someone who is "misunderstood" and finding their way.
My favorite song is "Pill"
I definitely recommend to anyone who needs a heartfelt jam session!
Charlene G.
Charlene G.
Mapleton Dep, PA
Pop Culture Expert
Pink's Missundastood album is absoultely amazing. She is a great artist and I am a big fan. Her vocals are absolutely amazing compared to others of her era. I love every song on the album. I find that I must listen to it all the time. I recommend it others.
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Ok so I am old and was really troubled when she released this album. I related with the lyrics and all these years later can still go back in time when listening to and singing along with this album. It's a masterpiece! I love Pinks music.
Maritza M.
Maritza M.
Marble Falls, TX
Kim B.
Kim B.
Pop Culture Expert
Never was a fan of Pink. I still find her style to be over and top. Her voice is quite good but I feel she is yelling often.
ashley f.
ashley f.
Largo, FL
Pop Culture Expert
this was one of my first cds ever as a teenager. i loved every song on it and listened to it daily. pinks music is beautiful
Kylie K.
Kylie K.
Great artist and entertainer. She produces great music with a great voice. She has been around for years which only shows how great she is.
Summer G.
Summer G.
Batesville MS
I just live pink but the cloths are my favorite they are just to die for and there make up is really good to.Love it
Kendra  T.
Kendra T.
Pop Culture Expert
This album came out at the perfect time to represent my high school life. I was confused, annoyed, and easily misunderstood. This album made me feel that someone understood everything I was going through. This album truly spoke to me! Thank you p!nk!