Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea (Paperback) uploaded by Amanda J.

BY SIMON & SCHUSTER #83 in Alcohol

Now an NBC TV series! When Chelsea Handler needs to get a few things off her chest, she appeals to a higher power vodka. Seems reasonable, when considering that she discovered her boyfriend was having an affair with a Peekapoo and she had to pretend to be honeymooning with her father in order to upgrade to first class. Welcome to Chelsea s world a place where absurdity reigns supreme and a quick wit is the best line of defense. In this highly entertaining, deliciously skewed collection, Chelsea mines her past for stories about her family, relationships, and career that are at once singular and ridiculous. Whether she s convincing her third-grade class that she has been chosen to play Goldie Hawn s daughter in the sequel to Private Benjamin, deciding to be more egalitarian by dating a redhead, or looking out for a foulmouthed, rum-swilling little person who looks just like her. only smaller, Chelsea has a knack for getting herself into the most outrageous situations. Are You There, Vodka? It s Me, Chelsea showcases the candor and irresistible turns of phrase that have made her one of the freshest voices in comedy today. see more...

• How would you characterize her humor? Is it more on the intellect...1 Answers
  • Are there any other books Chelsea has written that are similar to...2 Answers
Abigail B.
Denville, NJ
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
I received Chesea Handler's "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" as a birthday gift. It is a laugh out loud funny, lighthearted read. "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" is a comedic memoir composed of several short stories from Handler's life, ranging from childhood to adulthood. This is not a book to be taken too seriously, as it is a sarcastic, quick witted, verbal vomit-esque look at the author's world. I can relate to this style of sarcastic rant, and find it humorous. It may seem brash, or crude, but you can't please everyone. If you are easily offended, this book may not be for you, but you should be able to figure that out from the satirical title.

"Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" is a series of short stories. Each short anecdote is rather independent from the one before and after. This style of writing is fairly typical for Handler's books, making a great book for anyone with a busy life. The short stories make for quick 5 to 10 minute reads. This style of writing makes for an easy read on the go or for those with a busy schedule. The short stories do not necessarily relate to the one before or after, they are all rather independent. It is easy to pick up and put down the book at your own pace and as your schedule allows. I was able to breeze through this book in several afternoons by the pool. I can't wait for Chelsea Handler's next book, they are always a riot.
Amanda J.
Rochester, MN
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
I LOVE this book! Probably because I also love Chelsea Handler! I own all of her books. "Are you there vodka, it's me Chelsea" is an absolutely hilarious book! You can purchase the paperback for relatively cheap at any book store or online! If you like humor (and crude humor at that) this is a book for you! The stories she tells are so funny and literally had me in tears I was laughing so hard. I highly recommend this book for a good read and a good laugh!
Amber L.
Perfect for nights you just need an easy quick read. Chelsea is hilarious. She shares stories from her own life that will leave you laughing to tears. She's super sarcastic, so if you're into that type of dry humor this book is one to pick up!
Kelly B.
Linthicum , MD
All of Chelsea's books keep me glued to them. I am not an avid book reader. But I like to have a book on vacations and they have to keep me glued to them. These certainly do. Reading these books make me feel like she is one of the girls in my circle of friends and we are talking about our crazy days and nights. Love every bit of it.
Amanda H.
Mt Pleasant, SC
I love Chelsea and I've read all of her books. No matter how many she has written since, this one is still so great! It shows her hilarity and someone her timing still stands in written form. If you like crude humor, you'll love this!
Brittney E.
Salida, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
I love this book!!! It is hilarious and is always my go to gift for any friend. It's the perfect girls book with some comedy, I have read all of her books and this one is my favorite! Usually you can find it for $10
Brittany L.
I'm a HUGE Chelsea handler fan and her books are literally amazing. I picked one up and then as soon as I was done reading it, I ordered the rest! They are really well written and just plain hilarious and will have you wanting to read the whole book in one night! Highly recommend!
Renea C.
Kingman, AZ
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
I absolutely loved this book. I literally started laughing in the very first chapter. And I'm not saying laughing like I just thought something was funny. I literally was laughing out loud and at some points I started crying from laughing so hard. Good fun read I would recommend if your in the mood for a laugh or two.
Kolleen K.
I love love love this woman! Every book she has wrote I laughed so hard at through the whole thing. Her television shows are just as good. I recommend this book to anyone who likes raunchy, honest, rude comedy like me!
Lindsay H.
Columbus, OH
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
I love her books. I enjoy reading them on vacation. It's easy to pick up and read at your leisure. You don't really have to pay too much attention or follow a story line. Just little funny snippets of her life.
Alicia N.
Otsego , MN
Are there any other books Chelsea has written that are similar to this?
Morgan R.
State College, PA
How would you characterize her humor? Is it more on the intellectual side?