Are You My Mother?

by P.D. Eastman

#11 in Books

When Baby Bird hatches from his egg, his mother is off looking for food. What' s a bird to do? Go find his mother, of course So begins Baby Bird' s hilarious, and at times very touching, hunt for his mother. Children will love this deluxe cloth edition of P.D. Eastman' s all-time favorite. Soft and snuggly pages, complete with an adorable plush baby bird, let children interact with each wonderful character our little hero meets as he asks again and again, " Are you my mother?

Yes I am? I have two boys and they are hard to keep with cleaning wise. What do you recommend to keep my house clean. But fast.
Do you remember this book?
Is this still available to buy at any bookstore?
Start your review of Are You My Mother?!
Product Highlights
“Dr. Seuss has always been a staple among children's books, but this particular story absolutely stands out among the rest in my 'book' :)” in 31 reviews
“Such a cute book, I remember reading it as a kid and it was one of the first books my son learned how to read.” in 16 reviews
“This is a great book for children to read and learn about all the animals that have mothers and what kinda of mother they have.” in 12 reviews
“This was one of my favorite books as a child and now that I work with kids I am able to read it to them when Dr. Seuss week rolls around.” in 10 reviews
“She also put them away and when my daughter was able to read she brought it back out and now my daughter loves it.” in 6 reviews
Mineral point , Mo
Growing up I loved this book so naturally when I got older I read it to my nieces. The author is amazing and the storyline is funny. I love al the characters. (: I would recommend this to everyone with children(:
Fort Campbell , KY
A wonderful Dr. Seuss book that is great for baby showers! I love using it as the book at the sign in table or with a bunch of baby photos of the guests! I highly recommend to any and all parents and shower hosts!
Phoenix, AZ
This is an excellent book for pre-readers and early readers. It has a repetitive story line which enables young readers to make predictions. It includes animal sounds which means even pre-readers can participate in reading along. This is a classic book that is a must have for any child's library.
I adore this book, it was 1 of 7 Dr. Seuss books my grandmother had at her house & I'd spend rainy summer days reading & rereading all 7 books! I still like to read them to my niece when she sits still long enough.
Shelby Twp, MI
This book! This book!! I got so many memories when I saw Influenster post this on Facebook! It was my favorite when I was a child, and it's super duper cute! Dr. Seuss is the best when it comes to children's books.
Swiss Cottage, London
Anyone who does not give this book 5 stars is a literal monster. Even Sheryl Sandberg would give it a million Facebook thumbs ups for likes. What a great story about a baby bird looking for its mother - and feeling such relief and safety when they reunite. Adorable, classic, must have for your kids!
Freehold, NJ
As a child I used to read this book over and over again. Heck, I'm pretty sure this was one of the first books I learned to read on my own! I no longer own this book, but I still remember some of the photos and the words. I will definitely be buying this book as a gift when someone I know has a child!
Pineville
Such a cute kids book that helps explain that not everyone is the same. The author has several good books when my boys were little we read nightly An sang nursery rhymes I personally think it helped them with learning meanings An helped with reading. This is a must have book for all families!
I liked the illustrations in the book but even as a child I wasn't impressed with the storyline. I didn't understand how a bird could think everything he saw was his mother. It's not worth the read or purchase.
Milan, MI
This is a childhood favorite of mine. I still quote it to this day because it stays stuck in my head! I do enjoy more by this author. It's a good book and I'd recommend it. I can't wait to read it to my little guy!

101 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...