BY ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST #19 in Magazines & Newspapers

• I work as a commercial interior designer. I'm wondering if this w...2 Answers
  • How realistic are the designs to what you can put in your house? 4 Answers
Jennifer B.
This magazine's content always hit the balance between tactical designs I can incorporate into my immediate surroundings - and aspirational ideas to use in future redecorating projects.

There's also enough celebrity features to add a whimsical element to the magazine's content, without veering into the territory of being a fan-based tabloid.
Heather L.
Minneapolis, MN
Architectural Digest has always been my favorite magazine. The photographs are gorgeous and beautifully put together. The homes and furniture in it are never within my budget but I enjoy looking at them and getting ideas for my job. My only complaint is the amount of ads in the magazine which is usually at least 1/3 of the pages.
LEAR17497 Isabella P.
Miami, Florida
I always like to see a copy of Architectural Digest, particularly when the feature on the cover strikes me. Having been in the home furnishings business for over 40 years, I was interested in the piece on Mr. Ralph Lauren. His work was an inspiration during my days designing interiors and the feature on his home was good to see.
A. N.
As a subscriber and reader for over 30 years, this magazine has moved from showcasing architectural and interior wonders to promoting celebrity houses (which, with rare exception, have nothing to recommend them except money.) The focus used to be on the architect and designers, but no longer. Very disappointing.
Nancy M.
Crosby, TX
This is like very interior designer/decorator bible. I love that i can just showcase this magazine on my coffee table. I get excited when they feature celebrity homes that when I actually read something. I would def recommend this to everyone.Even if you are just wanting to get inspired with interior design.
Mary T.
Best magazine on the rack for those looking for new design ideas. I ready every month to see what is fresh in design. The products and articles are always relevant and I can't imagine not having my subscription. I would recommend this publication over others for those interested in architecture and design.
jenn b.
syracuse, NY
always spotlighting new trends in a classy way with the best designs and products. I personally love the timelessness of their stories and spreads and the emphasis on architecturally beautiful homes- a lot of what you see today is ikea, etsy, target, Pinterest inspired homes. not in architectural digest.
Sheri K.
Napa, CA
Love to see how homes are decorated....gives me great ideas to copy. I help friends decorate their homes....with items they already have that are just not placed in the right place....and then we go shopping on the "cheap" to fill in. It is a great hobby of mine. Friends are always asking my advice...
Christine P.
Love this magazine. Gives great ideas for spaces both small and large and also how to price together a home that you enjoy. I find a lot of other magazines clutter the showcase rooms and photos but this company streamlines and is less about materialism and more about if it's useful or beautiful.
Katherine M.
I am an Interior Architecture student and get this magazine for no charge. I do not read it often, but it is nice to sit down and look through to catch up on new trends and see what the latest designers are up to. It does not appeal to one style, but celebrates a broad range of styles.
Shauna E.
Poughkeepsie, NY
How realistic are the designs to what you can put in your house?
Melissa B.
Royal Oak, MI
I work as a commercial interior designer. I'm wondering if this would be a valuable investment for myself and my work?