Gina H.
Gina H.
Elk Grove, CA

Has anyone ever used this after getting a tattoo to help it heal?
Dec. 1, 2016, 3:28 a.m.
I used this on one of my tattoos and it made the ink bleed. It might work differently on others, but it didn't work well for me.
Dec. 1, 2016, 3:28 a.m.
Melanie P.
Melanie P.
Nov. 21, 2016, 2:05 a.m.
I used it on my tattoo and it was healed within 3 days. I still use it on my tattoo yo keep it looking bright.
RaDonna L.
RaDonna L.
Oct. 22, 2016, 10:46 p.m.
I was instructed by my tattoo artist to use Aquaphor. Before that I hadn't heard of it. I found it in the baby section of my local grocery store. It worked so much better than the previous ointment I used on my last tattoo. I would recommend it for any dry skin, or healing skin issues that come up. It's great!
member-3d79e9f74
member-3d79e9f74
Oct. 22, 2016, 10:25 p.m.
This is the only thing I will use during my tattoo's healing process. It was recommend by my artist and I will use it again every time I get another one.
Lexi L.
Lexi L.
Oct. 13, 2016, 7:48 p.m.
Yes, but it is not recommended to use on tattoos because it was affect the ink!
Oct. 2, 2016, 12:17 p.m.
It's great on tattoos!
Oct. 2, 2016, 12:17 p.m.
It's great on tattoos!
Leann N.
Leann N.
July 13, 2016, 2:10 p.m.
I would highly recommend this for tatoo after care. It helps with the itchiness during the healing process!
Oiying M.
Oiying M.
June 30, 2016, 9:38 p.m.
Yes, I did. It worked really well for me. My tattoo healed up nicely. Was recommended by my tattoo artist.
Shaheen  M.
Shaheen M.
June 30, 2016, 7:19 p.m.
I use this after laser hair treatments as my skin gets pretty burnt afterwards. Aquaphor ointment helps to decrease the redness and clear up any burn marks quickly and compltely. I also have friends that have used this ointment after getting a tatoo and they say that it helps moisturize the skin and take away any itchiness. Hope this helps :)
Amanda B.
Amanda B.
June 30, 2016, 8:18 a.m.
It helps keep them moisturized as well as keeps the color vibrant to last longer.
Lauren P.
Lauren P.
June 29, 2016, 12:18 p.m.
Yes and it helped a ton, because it's so important to keep the area from cracking and infection
Alexandria S.
Alexandria S.
June 28, 2016, 12:05 p.m.
I use this after every tattoo i get and it works great!! My sister has a full back tattoo and she swears by this stuff!
Arielle B.
Arielle B.
June 23, 2016, 8:38 p.m.
It's great on tattoos! Very gentle and moisturizing!
Shelby L.
Shelby L.
June 23, 2016, 12:32 p.m.
I highly recommend using this product after receiving a tattoo. It not only heals but moisturizes it and takes away the itchiness! LOVE LOVE LOVE
Tiny Candy Bear ..
Tiny Candy Bear ..
June 22, 2016, 6:01 p.m.
Yes this is safe to use on tattoos and doesn't cause any irritation. It is also moisturizing.
Heather D.
Heather D.
June 22, 2016, 3:16 p.m.
This stuff is amazing to heal tattoos. Used this for all of mine.
June 22, 2016, 12:09 a.m.
Yes, it's the only thing I will use on my tattoos. It heals them up pretty great and keeps them moisturized!
Brandy E.
June 22, 2016, 12:08 a.m.
Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.
June 20, 2016, 1:32 p.m.
This is the only thing I use for tattoo healing!! I have tried other things inn the past and I have spent tons of money on the ointments that the shops sell, and this is the best one, and it is inexpensive!!
randi m.
randi m.
June 15, 2016, 5:18 p.m.
Yes! this is all i use after a tattoo due to my sensitive skin! I love it and healing seems to be faster and less itchy!
Tiffany W.
Tiffany W.
June 14, 2016, 9:47 p.m.
My fiancé actually always uses this for his tattoos and it works great!
jeannie h.
jeannie h.
June 13, 2016, 12:58 p.m.
I have a friend who swears by this stuff when it comes to healing tattoos. Ince your tattoo is healed you can use it for countless other things too. I burnt my hand and it healed that really quickly!
Linh N.
Linh N.
June 11, 2016, 12:51 a.m.
Yes definitely helpful! all my friends recommended it to me after getting my first tattoo
Kara A.
Kara A.
June 9, 2016, 8:23 a.m.
I always recommend this for healing tattoos. I have used multiple other items prior to this, and I swear by it now :)
Gayla W.
Gayla W.
Oct. 11, 2013, 10:33 p.m.
It works great for tattoos! It keeps the itchiness at bay and the thicker ointment helps seal out bateria and keep risk infection, but lets the skin breathe.
Lauren C.
Lauren C.
Oct. 7, 2013, 8:19 p.m.
I have used it on both of my tattoos and it worked really well. Heals it faster and relieves itching
Sandra C.
Sandra C.
Oct. 7, 2013, 6:54 p.m.
I just got a tattoo and i bought this for it. It is expensive but works great and brings it back to color i love it. you wont find anything that works as good as this
Jeniffer C.
Jeniffer C.
Sept. 20, 2013, 11:48 p.m.
Yeah works greats on dry skin and when you getting a tattoo
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Sept. 8, 2013, 1:15 a.m.
Its the only thing I Will use. Its cheao and works great
Liz C.
Liz C.
Sept. 5, 2013, 3:49 p.m.
Yes! This is the best ointment to use on your new ink! Constantly re apply in the 1st few days will give u a great looking tattoo!
Jordan S.
Jordan S.
Sept. 1, 2013, 6:56 p.m.
My good friend got a very large tattoo on her side. Aquaphor healed it in about a week with a couple applications a day! Works perfectly!
Jacqueline T.
Jacqueline T.
Sept. 1, 2013, 4:29 p.m.
This stuff is GOLD! Love it, I carry packets in my purse, cause they are great to have. Tattoos, lips,scraps,cuts a lot more.
Brandy T.
Brandy T.
Aug. 29, 2013, 8:12 p.m.
Yes it did my tattoo artist recommended and I didn't have any scabbing over and it kept it well moisturized.
Patricia M.
Aug. 23, 2013, 11:03 p.m.
Yes it is what I used for my tattoo on my wrist and I loved it. Kept my tattoo from getting to dry and irritated.
Danielle R.
Danielle R.
Aug. 19, 2013, 10:09 p.m.
Only thing I've ever used for tattoos. I swear by it!
Crystal F.
Crystal F.
Aug. 14, 2013, 8:13 p.m.
Yeah, it's the best thing for healing tattoos. I've used it every time!
Nicole G.
Nicole G.
July 1, 2013, 4:40 p.m.
Works geat
Berlyn E.
Berlyn E.
July 1, 2013, 3:49 a.m.
This is the only product I use when I have a new tattoo. It keeps it moist throughout the day and helps it heal faster. I recommend this product over anything else!
Amber B.
Amber B.
May 31, 2013, 12:21 p.m.
Aquaphor is great for tattoos. It keeps them well moisturized and helps them heal great.
Rachel M.
Rachel M.
May 29, 2013, 12:47 p.m.
Yes, it's a great product!
Ruby S.
Ruby S.
May 24, 2013, 5:49 p.m.
Aquaphor is great for tattoos and many tattoo artists [myself included] recommend it to our clients. I usually recommend either A&D ointment or Aquaphor. The differences are that A&D is a petrolium base [like vasaline] and can make you rashy or break out if you over use it... Where as Aquaphor is petrolatum based ['water-based] meaning it shouldn't cause you to break out at all! You just rub a little on as you woudl rub in lotion, and pat off any excess with a fresh clean paper towel! Keep your tattoo clean and reapply as needed and ALWAYS wash off the old ointment before applying fresh ointment! =]
Justina M.
Justina M.
May 4, 2013, 9:36 p.m.
I always use triple anti-biotic right after getting the tattoo but then after about a week I will use Aquaphor to keep it hydrated.
Celeste K.
Celeste K.
May 3, 2013, 9:31 p.m.
This is the only thing my tattoo artist recommends! It works great!
Stephanie P.
Stephanie P.
April 26, 2013, 5 p.m.
This product is thee BEST for after tattoo healing. Every tattoo shop I've gone to they have tried to sell me this supposedly great product for your tattoo that so expensive. But I've never fallen for it. I just go to Target or Rite aid and just buy this.
April P.
April P.
April 18, 2013, 7:44 a.m.
In my opinion this is the BEST product for a healing tattoo, its all I've ever used now for the last 10 years for my tattoos. I first got the idea to use it on my tattoos after working with patients who received radiation therapy and this is what we applied to the skin in the area and I thought if it worked for skin receiving such harsh medical treatments, imagine what it could do for just a tattoo. After my first try and it healed beautifully and vibrant its all I've used since and its what I recommend to all of my husband's clients, its actually on my aftercare sheet that I give to them. (he's a Tattoo Artist)
Bonnie G.
Bonnie G.
April 4, 2013, 4:19 p.m.
No I didn't use this after my tattoos but that's a great question. I never thought about using it but I it may be good.
Patricia B.
Patricia B.
March 29, 2013, 2:28 p.m.
I haven't tried that yet but I think this will work and will help it heal really fast.
Lauren T.
Lauren T.
March 18, 2013, 10:20 p.m.
My doctor actually recommended it to me for just that, tattoos.
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
March 10, 2013, 4:27 p.m.
This is all I use on my tattoos. It keeps it nice and moisturized while still letting it breathe. And when I'm done, I can use it on my daughter. Great product.
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Jan. 20, 2013, 1:45 p.m.
I just got my first tattoo last week and they recommended using Aquaphor. I did and it's helped a lot! I didn't peel too much after using this. :)
Alison B.
Alison B.
Jan. 10, 2013, 12:03 p.m.
Yes, it worked great! I highly recommend using it after you get some ink
Crystal T.
Crystal T.
Jan. 10, 2013, 11:59 a.m.
This is what I always use
Alisia W.
Alisia W.
Jan. 7, 2013, 10:09 a.m.
A tattoo aritsit told me to buy Aquaphor instead of using the stuff thy had in the shop
Jennifer A.
Jennifer A.
Dec. 18, 2012, 7:39 p.m.
This is all i use for my tattoos...works very well and makes it heal even faster...for me anyways
Rachel B.
Rachel B.
Dec. 13, 2012, 8:31 a.m.
Works great for tsttoos!!
Dana F.
Dana F.
Dec. 7, 2012, 5:05 p.m.
I used A&D ointment on mine, but a friend of mine swears by Aquaphor !
Cricket S.
Cricket S.
Nov. 24, 2012, 7:31 a.m.
This is the only thing I will use on my tattoos!
Maranda M.
Maranda M.
Nov. 23, 2012, 4:59 p.m.
This is what I always use on mine. Just make sure you don't accidentally get the baby version of it. I accidentally got the baby version and it made my tattoo kind of ooze.
Abby H.
Abby H.
Nov. 12, 2012, 4:12 p.m.
This is the only product I use on my tattoos. I have naturally dry skin, and when my tattoos are healing, they get incredibly dry. I've recommended this to many other people and I haven't heard any moaning or negative comments yet! My artist also recommended it to me, so I know it's good!
Bethany V.
Bethany V.
Nov. 9, 2012, 6:15 p.m.
Yes, I've used this on all my tattoos. Even though they say not to use petroleum jelly on them; I think it works great !
Angela M.
Angela M.
Nov. 6, 2012, 7:03 a.m.
Yep and it worked great
Angela G.
Angela G.
Nov. 1, 2012, 5:46 p.m.
My friend who is a professional tattoo artist in las vegas ONLY recommends usng this product after tattoos. i always use this after every tattoo and it relieves the itching, the stingy feeling, and keeps it from drying and peeling.
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
Nov. 1, 2012, 11:38 a.m.
I use this after about three days after I've gotten the tattoo. It helps so much and it is healing and will stay on for a lot longer than a regular lotion.
Daniesha C.
Daniesha C.
Oct. 29, 2012, 1:31 p.m.
It helps to moisturize it, IDK about the healing process.
Sara J.
Sara J.
Oct. 28, 2012, 12:51 p.m.
Yes i only applied a thin layer of it but it keeps it moisturized very well
Oct. 26, 2012, 3:22 p.m.
Yes, I've used it in conjunction with a antibacterial ointment. Works great.
Christina S.
Christina S.
Oct. 26, 2012, 9:51 a.m.
Yes it helps keep the skin around your from drying out.keeps your scabbing at a minimum...
Christine J.
Christine J.
Oct. 25, 2012, 9:37 a.m.
Hi Regina!!! I used this for the first time after I got my last tattoo since it was suggested by my tattoo Artist & I wish I knew about it earlier. I used other products on my other pieces, i.e. Tattoo Goo, and this worked just as well, if not better and it was much less expensive. The beauty part is not only did my ink heal beautifully, but I can use this product for other things well after my tattoo healed. I highly recommend Aquaphor for after tattoo care.
Nina T.
Nina T.
Oct. 23, 2012, 6:12 p.m.
I did! Worked wonders! Both of my tattoos healed very fast. I also use it for diaper rashes!
Kelly B.
Kelly B.
Oct. 23, 2012, 2:10 p.m.
I used it for exactly that!
Lisa S.
Lisa S.
Oct. 23, 2012, 4:11 a.m.
Ive used it it works good
Ariel G.
Ariel G.
Oct. 22, 2012, 7:12 p.m.
I have heard it works well because apparently your skin starts to get a little rough after. this makes sure that doesn't happen!
Crystal P.
Crystal P.
Oct. 22, 2012, 3:58 p.m.
I haven't used it for tattoos but we have used it on skin irritations. It worked great.
Brisa E.
Brisa E.
Oct. 22, 2012, 3:04 p.m.
I did, it works pretty good my tattoos are mostly all shiny because of it. My tattoo guy suggested only using a thin layer because the consistency is kind of thick. It helped my tattoos heal quick too and the itchiness went away after I would rub some of it on. Only using it about five times a day for the first two weeks helps a lot.

Join Now