Aquaphor® Healing Ointment

One essential solution for many skincare needs: Aquaphor Healing Ointment is uniquely formulated to restore smooth, healthy skin. Different from a lotion or cream, this multi-purpose ointment protects and soothes extremely dry skin, chapped lips, cracked hands and feet, minor cuts and burns, and many other skin irritations, so you can get on with your day comfortably.

•  #1 Dermatologist recommended for dry, cracked skin, chapped lips, cracked cuticles and dry feet and heels*
  • Clinically proven to restore smooth, healthy skin
  • Uniquely formulated with 41% Petrolatum to allow oxygen to flow and help heal the skin
  • Skin protectant ointment with Panthenol and Glycerin to moisturize, nourish and protect the skin to enhance healing
  • Protects and helps relieve chapped, dry, cracked or irritated skin and lips
  • Protects and soothes minor cuts, scrapes and burns
  • Protects skin from drying effects of wind and cold weather
  • Preservative and fragrance free
  • Ideal size for the whole family

Active ingredient: Petrolatum (41%) – Skin protectant
Inactive ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

• Best place to get coupons for this product?1 Answers
  • What is your favorite use of Aquaphor other than your feet?3 Answers
  • Anyone else use this when their tattooes get itchy?7 Answers
Katie R.
Sanford, FL
I live in Florida where it’s the exact opposite of dry and my skin is usually pretty moisturized so I don’t experience a lot of problems this is used for. Therefore, I found this to sometimes be too thick for my skin and that makes it kind of messy. Personally, I feel it takes quite a while to soak in so I feel a little greasy far longer than I like too. BUT I have had to use this and it does work, which is why I like it. When I visit family in drier areas in the country, I ALWAYS bring this along because after a few days I turn into Spongebob and my skin craves WAAAATER. Aquaphor seems to do the trick overnight and prevents my skin from getting to the cracking stage. I also occasionally use it at home if I’ve been in the sun too much or on my chapped lips. I hear Aquaphor can be used for a lot of other things too like minor burns and scrapes as well as diaper rash (so would maybe help with adult chafing?)
Patrixia T.
This product is Paraben free, Fragrance free & Preservative free which is great. It also says that its hypoallergenic but there are some of the people I know that used it and got a bad reactions from it. So I suggest to do a patch test.

Price is okay if were talking about the size. However, you might wanna take consider the sanitary issue of having a bigger size of this especially if your not really using it as much. I’m not really that of a germ phobe but just thinking of a big jar dipping your finger and not really being able to finish the product after a month or so would be giving way to bacterial growth or something or maybe use a spatula would help.

Anyways, I deal with patients who get there eyes, peri-oral, or face laser. And they recommend using aquaphor to prevent them from drying and start flaking after surgery. You see what it does is it helps retain moisture so the laser site wont dry out. Aquaphor is highly recommended for it due to its heavy, thickness & greasy moisturizer.

I wont recommend this for an everyday use but I recommend this more for a treatment sort of thing such as when you had laser, diaper rash, skin burns, or radiation therapy).
Janelle A.
Albuquerque , NM
Originally bought this ointment as a recommendation from my tattoo artist to put on my tattoos. This was years ago and i still love this product. I not only use for new tattoos but over skin hydration. Its great from feet and extremely dry areas. I have excema prone skin and this is not irritating. You can basically use this all over your body and work wonders. Its a bit greasy and transfers a bit on your clothes but use at night or sparingly and you are good to go....
Ola A.
Recently tried a small (1.75oz) tube of Aquaphor for the first time because I wanted to see if it lived up to the hype of being a versatile miracle worker. I decided to put it to the test by applying to it to the outside of my chapped nose/nostrils (I had a really bad cold and my nose was suffering after going through 3 tissue boxes in one week).
I cannot stress enough how immediate the relief was! Even my BF noticed and said it looked as if my nose had never gotten chapped and flaky. He used it on his dry, cracked hands and felt immediate relief too! Needless to say, I’m now a believer in the miracle that is Aquaphor.
It’s scent-less (no fragrance added, no scent whatsoever), making it perfect for anyone to use anywhere on the body anytime. The small tube I purchased is perfect for travel or small bags and spaces. A little product really goes a long way! I only applied the little bit that was on the flip-lid onto my nose and that was enough to make a noticeable difference. Great value for the product, especially if it’s on sale.
Absolutely recommend to everyone (men included) and will repurchase to always have in stock.
Wilmary G.
The only reason it’s not getting a 5/5 is because it feels greasy. Other than that it is amazing! My knuckles were starting to bleed from all the cracking in this New England winder and within about 2 days my knuckles were better. Also my bf’s mother skin was so dry to to the antibiotics she is on and it helped her skin right away. The difference was visible. It’s a tad pricey for such a small tube: $4.99 for 1.75 oz, but you only need a little bit. I suggest warming it up on your hands first and then spreading it. I’ve also mixed it with my other lotions and it works well.
Samantha M.
Colorado Springs
I have always used Aquaphor in a tube for my tattoos. A thin layer and that’s all, and it works amazingly each time. However, since moving to Colorado I’ve noticed my skin and my lips becoming unruly dry. I started using Aquaphor on my lips and dry problem areas on my skin - and the results have been so nice. My cracked, ugly chapped lips heal up in 1-2 days with Aquaphor, and my chapped skin and dry skin problem areas clear up around the same time frame! If you haven’t invested in a small tube of this product at least, yet, you’re missing out.
Holly D.
Dickson City, PA
I recently went on Accutane, and my sister who has previously been on Accutane recommended this product to me. I was stoked to have something that seems to be a God-send for those on Accutane, but my first time trying it made my eyes puff out. Disclaimer: I have the weirdest sensitive skin, so chances are most people won't encounter any odd reactions, but for some reason I did. I didn't use it for a while, but then my lips just got so completely flaky, painful, and dry that I needed some relief. Now I just use Aquaphor for my lips (once at night and once in the morning), and it works brilliantly without causing any weird skin reactions on my face because I refuse to use it on the dry patches I am getting elsewhere. It also works really well on the dry rash I keep getting on the backs of my hands, and I just lather some on at night before bed. This stuff is a really great occlusive moisturizer, and is super thick, but I am afraid to use it near my eyes/on my cheeks or forehead because my skin is just so finicky.
Kathy S.
Delray Beach
This is a product that I have in my purse, by my bed, in a kitchen drawer, and in my travel bag. I first bought Aquaphor after looking for something to help my cracked heels. Nothing worked, then about 20+ years ago I found Aquaphor. It absolutely works!!! Warm it in your hands and use it on your heels every night!  Use it on chapped lips, or irritated skin. My husband had some surgery and his skin was irritated where the tape was. Just a little of the Aquaphor helped!!!
Alyssa B.
I bought the Aquaphor Healing Skin Ointment to help with my dry and cracked winter lips. I can definitely say that it truly did help and make my lips feel so much better after use .:)  I personally didn't have any bad reactions to the ointment and was really happy with the results. The formula is very soothing, though a little on the messy side. Still worth using because of the great results. Would definitely recommend this product!!
Beverly B.
Lebanon, TN
This stuff is awesome!! Great for cracked dry skin it real works. I also got my first tattoo 7 months ago my artist told me to use this starting on day 2 and its amazing. I still use it daily on my tat and tje color is awesome and it keeps it moisturied.
Gina H.
Elk Grove, CA
Has anyone ever used this after getting a tattoo to help it heal?
Diana H.
Never tried this but is it safe to use for todddlers?
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Whats your favorite way to use this product?
Brittany B.
Fayetteville, Nc
What are all the different ways this product can be used?
Stacy B.