BY AQUA VELVA #26 in After Shave

Aqua Velva Sensitive 5-in-1 After Shave Balm - Specially designed to soothe and resolve some of the most common irritations from shaving. Aqua Velva.
There’s something about an Aqua Velva Man.
Experience the masculine, memorable scent of Aqua Velva® Sensitive Balm that is specially formulated for men with sensitive skin. The soothing balm contains a unique blend of skin friendly ingredients to address 5 signs of sensitive skin. Non-Burning
All-Day Moisture

• Is this a good after shave? Would you recommend trying it??3 Answers
Jeremy Q.
Magna
Master Groomer Expert Level 2
This is by far my favorite mass-produced aftershave balm. I'm a wet shaver and like to use artisan products for my shave soaps/creams. I have a couple of artisan aftershave balms as well. They are great but expensive and have to be ordered online. The Aqua Velva is an exceptional product that I can easily get at my local grocery store. It doesn't leave my face feeling greasy or anything. It feels hydrated and soft.
Portia T.
Ionia, MI
Master Groomer Expert Level 2
I received Aqua Velva Sensitive 5-in-1 After Shave Balm free thanks to pinchme.com. My husband actually used it and reviewed it. These are his comments regarding the 5 areas that Aqua Velva Sensitive 5-in-1 After Shave Balm claims you help with. 1.Non Burning: he agrees that he did not have any burning sensation while shaving. 2.All Day Moisture: he agrees that his skin felt moisturized while shaving and continued to feel this way throughout the day after shaving. 3.Helps Prevent Bumps: he agrees that he did not have any bumps on his skin after shaving and was very pleased by this part of the product. 4.Soothes Redness: he agrees that his face felt soothed and was not best red and embarrassing after shaving. 5.Helps Fight Ingrown Hairs: although he has never had ingrown hairs he did not get any after using Aqua Velva Sensitive 5-in-1 After Shave Balm. Both of us liked the smell. We also liked how nice his skin felt and looked after shaving with Aqua Velva Sensitive 5-in-1 After Shave Balm. We would highly recommend this product for men that want to look and feel great after shaving.
Amanda G.
I received this product complimentary from @pinchme in exchange for an honest review. This product is supposed to soothe sensitive, irritated skin after shaving. This product, in particular, is designed for men to: provide all-day moisture, not burn, help prevent bumps, soothe redness, and fight in-grown hairs. This product comes in an easy to use, pop-top tube. The packaging features sharp lettering and a bright color scheme of blue, red, and white. I gave this product for my boyfriend to try. He said the product is a thick, white opaque lotion. He found it to be moisturizing but he said it was too heavy and oily for his taste. He said it was so oily that he had to wash his hands after using it to remove the oily residue leftover from the product. He also said that the packaging labeled the product as "lightly scented" but he found it to be very heavily scented. He described the scent as a typical men's cologne scent which would be pleasant if it wasn't as overwhelming as it was. He did say that overall the product left his irritated skin feeling smooth and refreshed. He rated this product as a 3.0/5.0 but doesn't recommend it because it's very oily and the scent is too strong.
Hilda H.
I have somewhat sensitive skin but I didn't experience any irritation or allergic reaction to this Aqua Velva Sensitive 5-in-1 After Shave Balm. As far as the scent for this balm, I thought it was a pleasant masculine scent but I thought it was too strong. So I wouldn't consider this "lightly scented" as described on the box. I actually used this balm after shaving my legs and it did help sooth the redness and moisturize my skin. I usually use coconut oil with lavender on my legs after shaving and I find that it also helps with soothing redness but  this after shave balm was more hydrating than the coconut. However, what I was really looking for was something to help with ingrown hairs and I didn't find that this after shave balm helped anymore than coconut oil. So, I'm still on a hunt for a way to deal with ingrown hairs.   Until I find something better, I'll probably just stick to using my coconut oil with lavender  (since it's less scented, cheaper and about as soothing as this balm).
* I received this product for free from PinchMe for review *
Jessi W.
My boyfriend reports that this Aqua Velva Sensitive 5-in-1 After Shave Balm went on very smoothly and did not irritate or sting his face after shaving, it also left his skin nicely moisturized and I noticed a pleasant masculine scent as well. It didn't burn on his face when applying and helped to soothe his skin after he shaved, I have noticed that he has definitely has less bumps, redness and ingrown hairs than he typically does after using for a few weeks. It also worked great for me on my sensitive areas where I occasionally suffer from razor burn. Definitely recommend!
Jessica J.
Merritt Is, FL
Master Groomer Expert Level 1
I got a free sample of his product and knew my boyfriend had to try it. He has sensitive skin and he gets irritation every time he shaves his face. This product worked well for him and he really likes it. I thought he smelled nice and he said that it hydrated his skin and every time he used it he noticed less red bumps after every use. Now he doesn't have any red bumps, since he's been using it for a while now. He and I both recommend this product.

I received this product free for testing purposes. All opinions are 100% own.
Amruta K.
Hackensack, NJ
I do like the fact that it is a balm and not a lotion. This does a great job at calming the skin and evening it out. I am a woman using this after shave balm so I do use this after a dermaplaning session and under the makeup as it does a good job of priming and prepping my face for makeup. This is meant to be a balm for sensitive skin types and it worked well on my skin, as I experienced no burning or side effects of any sort. I will purchase this over the other after shave lotion that I have been using. I hope this is a product in their permanent line and not just a product to celebrate 100 years of Aqua Velva.
Grace B.
My husband loves the after shave balm. It doesn't burn. It moisturizes his sensitive skin. The scent is strong but it's not overpowering after he puts it on. The balm is not greasy but light which he likes. He doesn't need to put much on to get the great result. He will totally recommend to his family.
~I have received a free Aqua Velva Sensitive 5-in-1 After Shave Balm for my husband to try to exchange my honest review from Pinchme.
Kirby F.
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Personally as a woman I have never used after shave. But now that I have it, I think it would be really great to try on bikini sides. I like that it is a balm and not a liquid. It says lightly scented but its more like heavily scented and kind of smells like a man scent, which is fine because this is targeted towards men. The cream is really light and moisturizing.
Lauren B.
Wanaque, NJ
I got this as a sample to try and let my boyfriend use it since he's always having issues after shaving his face. He usually breaks out and gets a lot of ingrown hairs, and this was actually super helpful for him! It was absolutely for sensitive skin and it stayed true. The balm and not lotion factor also helped with it. He said he'd purchase once the sample runs out! :)
Jessica J.
Merritt Is, FL
Where can you buy this?
Christie T.
Is this a good after shave? Would you recommend trying it??