Apples to Apples Party Box Ages 12+

This ap-peel-ing little game will provide evenings of fruitful fun, boasts Games Magazine. In the game of hilarious comparisons, your goal is to choose the Red Apple card in your hand that best describes the word selected on the Green Apple card. For example, if the Green Apple card says "Misunderstood" which Red Apple card would you choose - The Universe, Michael Jackson, Duct Tape, or Hangnails? If the judge chooses your card, you win that round. Everyone gets a chance to be the judge, and every round is filled with surprising and outrageous comparisons from a wide range of people, places, things, and events. It s a hilarious game where everyone s opinion counts! The Party Box includes every card from the original Apples to Apples Core Game, plus Expansion Sets 1 & 2. This is also the same set of cards that comes in the Apple Crate Edition. Game Contents include 756 Re

Why can’t this be for kids under 12?
Is it a fun game ?
Is it a fun game ?
Start your review of Apples to Apples Party Box Ages 12+!
Product Highlights
“This is a really fun game to play, I have it here at the house and every time we have a get together all the kids play it!” in reviews
“...before heading out for the night and somethings with would be having so much fun with the game we would just stay in for the night and keep playing!” in reviews
“Favorite game ever great game to play with older people it's always fun when you have no card to put down and u have to put down whatever” in reviews
“I can sit and play it with the younger people in the family as a fun family game night but at the same time get together with adults and play this as we have adult beverages.” in reviews
“It is a really fun game for the whole family although it can get a bit boring after a while because the game is very repetitive ” in reviews
Keizer
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
adults could sit through too many rounds of this game without feeling a little silly, but it's perfect for mixed company. We always played tons of games at family gatherings and around the holidays when the whole motley crew would be staying with my grandparents...but as they began getting up in years it was harder for them to play host & hostess to all of us and things gradually started transitioning to my folks house more and more. My parents had candyland from when I was little (25 years ago) and that wasn't really cutting the mustard. I took it upon myself to get on amazon and order a dozen or so games for them to keep at their house and this was one of them. I had never heard of it before. I ordered it because I basically ordered the top 12 most popular games that appeared to be family friendly. It has been a few years since I purchased this and I can report it has gotten the most use out of the whole lot. I believe it's been such a big hit for the following reasons: - its easy enough for little kids to play & really enjoy (if they can read, they're old enough to play without a helper) - its fun for adults to play if there are little kids playing or hilarious old people playing - its good for families that don't see one another a lot because it involves a degree of making personality inferences when you're playing to win - every turn involves all the players so nobody has time to mess with their smart phone or iPad or whatever - its like actually engaging family time - it goes by pretty quickly. It's nothing like the time it takes to play monopoly or trivial pursuit and the like. If everybody is having fun then you just play another game but if you're nearing dinner time or whatever the game can wrap up pretty quickly. - I don't think it matters how many people play, it's basically just a card game. 2 players wouldn't work but we've had 8 or 10 playing lots of times - the content is clean, there's nothing vulgar, nothing controversial So, if you ever have company I would for sure keep this game on hand. You can't go wrong.
Kamloops, BC
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I love this game! We play it during our family game nights. You have to have four or more people to play. The more people, the better the game is. Basically everyone gets 7 of the red cards which have random people, places, or things such as bomb squad or eyeliner. The judge (everyone gets a turn to judge. Goes around the table after each turn) gets a green card which will have two words. Example, scary or delightful. The judge then chooses a word for the other players to pick a card that it relates to. Example, judge picks the word delightful. I don’t have anything that is remotely delightful in my hand so I pick something that I can argue. Let’s say I pick mortician. (That’s actually in there too) now everyone places their pick face down on the table and the judge flips them and it’s on. This is where the players have a chance to argue their case for the card they chose. It can get very hilarious! The judge picks the card they like the most and that person wins the round. I believe you can purchase this game for about $20. There are a TON of cards so there are endless combinations! Great game for older kids to adults
Mandeville, LA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Wonderful game to play with the kids This is a very fun game to play with both kids and adults. In this game you pick one player to be the "judge" and this player throws down a green card which has a single word printed on it, such as Crunchy, Goofy or Cool. The other players have to throw down a red card that they feel best represents a match to that word. The fun begins when everyone tries to convince the judge that their card is the best match. I love listening to the kids explain why they felt the card they picked best matches the definition of the word on the judges card. They can come up with some great explanations. You can even change the rules around and have everyone lay down a card that is the complete opposite of the card the judge lays down. This way you are working your children's brains in a new way and they are having too much fun to notice they are learning the meanings of new words! Pop some corn, grab something to drink and play this game and you will have a wonderful time spent with the kids. Disney Apples To Apples The am Apples to Apples Party Box Ages 12++ e Of Goofy Comparison
Crittenden, KY
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Super fun game! This is best played with 3 or more people. We've played with as many as 9 people and it was so much fun! This game has cards that are current and relevant to today's news, memes, fads, sayings and fashion. Every player gets a turn: you take a green card with 2 words on it. You choose which word you want and the others choose from their hand of red cards which one matches your word the best. Whoever put the winning red card in, takes the green card as a win. It is a fun way to find out just how twisted and fun your family and friends are! Although this game is called 'Apples to Apples', it is definitely not 'Hi Ho Cherry-O' This had everyone in stitches and after 2 complete rounds (the winner is the one who has 4 green cards) We might need an expansion pack for more cards!Apples to Apples Party Box Ages 12+
Absolutely love this game it's one of my favorites. Its is actually one of the most heavily played games in my collection. It is easily one of my favorite party games, if not my absolute favorite. The game is very quick, easy to play, and surprisingly funny. While everyone loves Cards Against Humanity, Apples to Apples came before it and is much more family friendly and more my type of game. While the game can sometimes get a little bit inappropriate or offensive (but only if you want to play it like that), it is a game you can definitely play with your family. However, you might want to sift through the cards and take out cards that could get slightly inappropriate (like Saddam Hussein, Dr. Kevorkian, or Skinheads) or celebrities or other cards your children might not be aware of.
Fredericksbrg, VA

5 months agoThis is a fun party game or funny family night game. Can be competitve but has words that some younger kids would not understand. About $20 for this game depends where you go. There are red and green cards each with words on them for describing. Must have 4 or more players. One person each round will have a turn to pick a green card and everyone else playing must put out a red car that best fits in their opinion to the word on the green card. The person who placed the green card out then reads each of the red cards put out by the other players. They then choose which red card best fit their green card they put out. The winner of the red card that matched the green card is then the person who picks one of their green cards to play again.

Mega Parent Expert Level 1
If you want to have a good laugh, play Apples to Apples! It's a comparison game of sorts where you take turns being a judge for the round, drawing an adjective (green card) and the rest of the players play a red card (nouns or situations- some are incredibly hilarious & even reference pop culture). The judge has to decide which red card best matches the green card & the player whose card was chosen gets a point (the green card is physical evidence of keeping track of points). What's awesome is that the judging is subjective - you can pick cards that really best match the green card or you can pick what's funny or insane. Everyone I've played with always got a good laugh and had fun playing - definitely a large group game & for when time is limitless.
Jacksonville
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This age is a cute and fun game for children 12 and up. I do agree with the age range. When you open the box it actually has card holders for the cards, which I thought was great! You can play 4 players up to 10 players. Personally I think 8 players are the max to have to play. My older children enjoyed playing the game, there were a few Political cards but we just skipped those. Overall the game is easy to play and fun. There is multiple versions of this game on the market but make sure to read the box if you are looking for the kid version. You can find this game at multiple retailers Walmart, Target, Kohl's, Amazon, and of multiple places online for easy ordering.
Djelfa , Ain El Ibel
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Apples to Apples Party Box Ages 12+ uploaded by Souhila L.
I don't notice much difference from other Apples to Apples. There were a couple of political names that could be considered controversial. I just removed them when we came across them. Apples to Apples (all versions) is great fun to play. We play different versions to include various ages or we play in teams with little ones who can't read very well. We have had games that included a 90-year-old and some pre-schoolers (on teams). We always have family fun with Apples to Apples! We have several different versions at our house. My daughters who are teachers can use it at school, too. It is a game that can be played by players with varied ability and nobody gets embarrassed because they can't understand. The "judge" doesn't know if you are being funny , don't understand, or just don't have any other card to play. You can't go wrong with Apples to Apples!
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
1,779 reviews
Apples to Apples is the hilarious comparison card game that will give you an evening of memories and laughs! All you need is 4 to 10 players and everything else comes in the box... The object of the game is to win the most rounds by playing a "red apple" card (which generally features a noun) from one's hand to best "match" that round's communal "green apple" card (which contains an adjective) as chosen by that round's judging player. There are a few fun variations of the game included in the instructions as well, but the normal rules provide plenty of fun by themselves! You’ll find yourself struggling to find a good match and cracking up at the other players choices (as well as their justification for their card). The only thing that can ruin the fun is if the judge for that round takes the game a little too seriously (or not seriously enough), so I would suggest choosing the friends you play this with wisely.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
il y a un an
Brett I. did you play this as a kid? I want to say we had it.
Jaimie T. • il y a 6 mois
Only played as an adult.