BY APPLE

In so many ways, TV has never been better. The shows are amazing. Live sports and news coverage go beyond anything you might have imagined. The options are almost dizzying. And the way you watch has evolved with apps. Apps give you control over what, when, and where you want to watch. But something happened as we marched into this exciting new era. The overall TV experience got left behind. Apple TV simplifies it all. It’s designed for you to easily navigate and, most important, fully enjoy this new world of video apps. Apple TV is all you need for the way you watch today.

Entertainment Apps: Apps. How you watch television today.

• Apps have liberated television, letting you choose precisely what and when you want to watch. Apps like Hulu, Netflix, HBO Now, Watch ESPN, and iTunes give you access to everything that entertains you — from blockbuster movies, TV shows, and live sports to breaking news and weather. There are also shows for kids, music events, live NASA feeds, podcasts, and so much more.
  • With over 1600 video apps to choose from, you’ll never say there’s nothing on TV again.

TV App: The one place for everything you want to watch.

Introducing the TV app:

• One place to access shows and movies from multiple video apps. The TV app gives you a unified viewing experience, letting you see all the movies and shows you’re watching, from all the different apps you use. You can find upcoming episodes. Get recommendations. And watch a movie or show directly from the TV app. No matter where you’re watching - on your TV, iPhone, or iPad - the TV app will change how you experience television.
  • The TV app. Now showing on Apple TV, iPad, and iPhone.
  • It’s the first place you go to start watching on your TV, but the TV app is also on your iOS devices. So regardless of whether you’re watching on your TV, iPhone, or iPad, your TV experience goes with you - so you never miss a moment.

Siri: Ask more of your television.

Siri is great when you know what you want to watch. Say something specific like “I want to watch the next episode of Homeland” and Siri takes you right there. But the intelligence of Siri really shines when you’re not exactly sure what you’re looking for. Say “I feel like watching an ’80s movie” and Siri does the searching for you, presenting you with options without your having to click through multiple menus.

Complete TV Packages: All the channels. No cable box. No satellite dish.

Enjoy complete, live TV packages on Apple TV - without renting or connecting a cable box or satellite dish. Download apps such as DIRECTV NOW, PlayStation Vue, or Sling TV from the App Store.1 And just like that you’re surfing live TV, enjoying shows, and watching movies on demand.

Games and More: There’s more to TV than just watching TV.

Conquer alien planets or drive in the Indy 500 right from your couch. Use your rug as a yoga mat. Or go house hunting in your pajamas. Apple TV brings you completely new experiences made just for the living room.

Your Music: Apple Music in the house.

Listen to songs from the vast Apple Music catalog and your complete personal music collection on the best speakers in the house. Watch original shows, movies, and content you won’t find anywhere else. Bring the world of music to your living room with Beats 1 radio. And DJ it all with just your voice and the Siri Remote.

Your Photos and Videos: Put everyone you know on television.

• Easily view photos and videos from your iCloud Photo Library and shared albums on your Apple TV. The Memories feature in iOS 10 automatically finds recent photos and videos - even those you haven’t seen or thought about for a while — and creates beautiful collections you can show off on the big screen. It’s a great way to turn life’s best moments into the life of the party.
  • AirPlay lets you share photos, presentations, websites, and more.
  • With AirPlay, you can wirelessly stream whatever’s on the screen of your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or Mac to your TV. It’s an easy way for you or your guests to share photos, web pages, and Keynote presentations in dramatic, big-screen fashion.

Control your big screen from your small screen:

Download the Apple TV Remote app and you’ll have full control of your Apple TV from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Search for movies, music, and TV shows. Enter text with the keyboard or navigate by touch and gesture. Or play games that take advantage of the accelerometer and gyroscope.

The smart way to control your smart home:

Dim the lights. Adjust the thermostat. Set the scene for dinner. With the Home app, it’s easy to use your iOS device to remotely control your HomeKit-enabled accessories through Apple TV.

Size and Weight Apple TV:

• Height: 1.4 inches (35 mm)
  • Width: 3.9 inches (98 mm)
  • Depth: 3.9 inches (98 mm)
  • Weight: 15 ounces (425 g)

Size and Weight Apple TV Remote:

• Height: 4.88 inches (124 mm)
  • Width: 1.5 inches (38 mm)
  • Depth: 0.25 inch (6.3 mm)
  • Weight: 1.66 ounces (47 g)

Capacity: 32GB / 64GB

Siri Remote:

• Bluetooth 4.0
  • IR transmitter
  • Accelerometer and gyroscope
  • Lightning connector for charging
  • Rechargeable battery providing months of battery life on a single charge (with typical daily usage)

Ports and Interfaces:

• HDMI 1.4
  • 802.11ac Wi‑Fi with MIMO
  • 10/100BASE-T Ethernet
  • Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
  • IR receiver
  • USB‑C for service and support
  • Built‑in power supply

Processor: A8 chip with 64-bit architecture

System Requirements:

• iTunes purchasing and renting and Home Sharing require iTunes Store account
  • Requires 802.11 wireless, Ethernet network, or broadband Internet access
  • Wireless video streaming requires 802.11a, b, g, n, or ac
  • Requires acceptance of the software license terms at www.apple.com/legal/sla
  • Requires HDMI cable (sold separately)

Video Formats:

• H.264 video up to 1080p, 60 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.2 or lower
  • H.264 Baseline Profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
  • MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

Audio Formats:

HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Digital Plus 7.1

Photo Formats: JPEG, GIF, TIFF

Compatibility:

• Apple TV is compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI
  • Siri Remote is compatible with Apple TV (4th generation)
  • Remote Loop is compatible with Siri Remote
  • Apple TV is compatible with Bluetooth keyboards

Accessibility:

Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new Apple TV. With built-in support for vision, hearing, physical and motor skills, and learning and literacy, you can easily find and enjoy your favorite entertainment.

Features include:

• Siri Remote
  • Power Cord
  • Lightning to USB Cable
  • Documentation

Apple TV and the Environment: Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact. Apple TV (4th generation) and the Siri Remote are designed with the following features to reduce their environmental impact:

• Apple TV: BFR‑free, PVC‑free5, Meets ENERGY STAR 4.1 requirements
  • Siri Remote:  Arsenic‑free glass, BFR‑free, PVC‑free5, Recyclable aluminum enclosure
  • Recycling: Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization.

Anabella V.
richmond
I love my Apple TV. I never understand it but my husband set it up for me and the fact that i don’t have to use a remote all the time and i can just use my phone to control it. Even to turn on my tv. It makes my life so easy.
Elizabeth A.
Albertson, NY
If you own Apple products you will love this! Apple TV is a streaming device. Around $100 at Best Buy or Apple store. The home page contains apps just like your phone. You can also mirror your screen or just stream from your computer or iphone without any wires or Bluetooth! My family’s house has one for every time lol. I would highly recommend!
Sara D.
Riverside, CA
I seriously cannot stand Apple TV! They’re apparently always doing “updates” and it keeps me from watching nearly every channel they provide. I also don’t like the fact that it uses up more WiFi GB when you watch TV.. it’s just completely ridiculous! I wish we had Comcast back. I HATE APPLE TV! Do not recommend at all!
Cassandra D.
I absolutely love my apple tv. As a college student, my house decided to get rid of cable this year, and I invested in the apple tv as a way of still watching TV when I wanted, without having to pay hefty cable bills for channels I never watch. Airplay is the perfect option when you want to throw on a live stream or even just play some music from your computer, and the apps that you can get are perfect for any channels you might want to watch! Would recommend to anyone thinking about getting rid of their cable package, or as an add on!
Rhonda W.
Piketon, OH
Love all things Apple but being able to get more movies or shows is just wonderful!! You get even more when you link some apps if you have cable so it’s just a pretty cool little device if your a tv/movie buff. It can be kinda expensive but can be found almost anywhere!
Isabella W.
Cedar Falls, IA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I have the older version of this, but it is still the same black box. As a college student I live off of my Apple TV. You get all of the popular channels (ABC, Freeform, Weather Channel, etc.) and you also get Netflix and Hulu. The downside of the older version is that I can’t download any apps like the newer version does. But it still works great, and I use it daily!
Abigail T.
Bronx, NY
My Apple TV is the best thing I own. It’s a great tool to create a seamless experience between your Apple products (phone & computer) and TV. The best part is that I don’t need cable on my TV because I use all the corresponding TV apps to watch all my shows- of course you will need a tv subscription to access the apps.
A C.
Tucson, AZ
I love this Apple TV I use it for everything entertainment it’s so awesome how many apps you can download and connect to watch live tv, movies, shows it’s just amazing !!
Camille F.
Studio City , CA
I received it as a present and for the last couple years it has been my go-to. I had Netflix and all the apps on my Blu-ray player but the set up of the Apple TV is easy to use. The only thing I dislike is the remote, I keep loosing it in the couch because it’s so small.
Haley C.
My daughter had an Apple TV in her room for years. We got the first generation one. This Apple TV is still going strong. It might get slow every now and then, but no complaints about it. Apple products always hold up to their name for me. I recommend for sure.
Ashley J.
Dallas, TX
Is there a monthly fee when buying this product?
Michelle P.
Rio Hondo, TX
What is better Apple TV or ROKU
Ashley M.
Can you screen share from your iPhone to your television using this?
Camila C.
Yauco, PR
What other things can I watch other than Netflix !
Cristina d.
Can I compare this to Netflix?

GameStop

GameStop was opened in another window. If you made a purchase CashBack will be automatically added to your Ebates account tomorrow.