In so many ways, TV has never been better. The shows are amazing. Live sports and news coverage go beyond anything you might have imagined. The options are almost dizzying. And the way you watch has evolved with apps. Apps give you control over what, when, and where you want to watch. But something happened as we marched into this exciting new era. The overall TV experience got left behind. Apple TV simplifies it all. It’s designed for you to easily navigate and, most important, fully enjoy this new world of video apps. Apple TV is all you need for the way you watch today.

Entertainment Apps: Apps. How you watch television today.

• Apps have liberated television, letting you choose precisely what and when you want to watch. Apps like Hulu, Netflix, HBO Now, Watch ESPN, and iTunes give you access to everything that entertains you — from blockbuster movies, TV shows, and live sports to breaking news and weather. There are also shows for kids, music events, live NASA feeds, podcasts, and so much more.
  • With over 1600 video apps to choose from, you’ll never say there’s nothing on TV again.

TV App: The one place for everything you want to watch.

Introducing the TV app:

• One place to access shows and movies from multiple video apps. The TV app gives you a unified viewing experience, letting you see all the movies and shows you’re watching, from all the different apps you use. You can find upcoming episodes. Get recommendations. And watch a movie or show directly from the TV app. No matter where you’re watching - on your TV, iPhone, or iPad - the TV app will change how you experience television.
  • The TV app. Now showing on Apple TV, iPad, and iPhone.
  • It’s the first place you go to start watching on your TV, but the TV app is also on your iOS devices. So regardless of whether you’re watching on your TV, iPhone, or iPad, your TV experience goes with you - so you never miss a moment.

Siri: Ask more of your television.

Siri is great when you know what you want to watch. Say something specific like “I want to watch the next episode of Homeland” and Siri takes you right there. But the intelligence of Siri really shines when you’re not exactly sure what you’re looking for. Say “I feel like watching an ’80s movie” and Siri does the searching for you, presenting you with options without your having to click through multiple menus.

Complete TV Packages: All the channels. No cable box. No satellite dish.

Enjoy complete, live TV packages on Apple TV - without renting or connecting a cable box or satellite dish. Download apps such as DIRECTV NOW, PlayStation Vue, or Sling TV from the App Store.1 And just like that you’re surfing live TV, enjoying shows, and watching movies on demand.

Games and More: There’s more to TV than just watching TV.

Conquer alien planets or drive in the Indy 500 right from your couch. Use your rug as a yoga mat. Or go house hunting in your pajamas. Apple TV brings you completely new experiences made just for the living room.

Your Music: Apple Music in the house.

Listen to songs from the vast Apple Music catalog and your complete personal music collection on the best speakers in the house. Watch original shows, movies, and content you won’t find anywhere else. Bring the world of music to your living room with Beats 1 radio. And DJ it all with just your voice and the Siri Remote.

Your Photos and Videos: Put everyone you know on television.

• Easily view photos and videos from your iCloud Photo Library and shared albums on your Apple TV. The Memories feature in iOS 10 automatically finds recent photos and videos - even those you haven’t seen or thought about for a while — and creates beautiful collections you can show off on the big screen. It’s a great way to turn life’s best moments into the life of the party.
  • AirPlay lets you share photos, presentations, websites, and more.
  • With AirPlay, you can wirelessly stream whatever’s on the screen of your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or Mac to your TV. It’s an easy way for you or your guests to share photos, web pages, and Keynote presentations in dramatic, big-screen fashion.

Control your big screen from your small screen:

Download the Apple TV Remote app and you’ll have full control of your Apple TV from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Search for movies, music, and TV shows. Enter text with the keyboard or navigate by touch and gesture. Or play games that take advantage of the accelerometer and gyroscope.

The smart way to control your smart home:

Dim the lights. Adjust the thermostat. Set the scene for dinner. With the Home app, it’s easy to use your iOS device to remotely control your HomeKit-enabled accessories through Apple TV.

Size and Weight Apple TV:

• Height: 1.4 inches (35 mm)
  • Width: 3.9 inches (98 mm)
  • Depth: 3.9 inches (98 mm)
  • Weight: 15 ounces (425 g)

Size and Weight Apple TV Remote:

• Height: 4.88 inches (124 mm)
  • Width: 1.5 inches (38 mm)
  • Depth: 0.25 inch (6.3 mm)
  • Weight: 1.66 ounces (47 g)

Capacity: 32GB / 64GB

Siri Remote:

• Bluetooth 4.0
  • IR transmitter
  • Accelerometer and gyroscope
  • Lightning connector for charging
  • Rechargeable battery providing months of battery life on a single charge (with typical daily usage)

Ports and Interfaces:

• HDMI 1.4
  • 802.11ac Wi‑Fi with MIMO
  • 10/100BASE-T Ethernet
  • Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
  • IR receiver
  • USB‑C for service and support
  • Built‑in power supply

Processor: A8 chip with 64-bit architecture

System Requirements:

• iTunes purchasing and renting and Home Sharing require iTunes Store account
  • Requires 802.11 wireless, Ethernet network, or broadband Internet access
  • Wireless video streaming requires 802.11a, b, g, n, or ac
  • Requires acceptance of the software license terms at www.apple.com/legal/sla
  • Requires HDMI cable (sold separately)

Video Formats:

• H.264 video up to 1080p, 60 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.2 or lower
  • H.264 Baseline Profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
  • MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

Audio Formats:

HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Digital Plus 7.1

Photo Formats: JPEG, GIF, TIFF

Compatibility:

• Apple TV is compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI
  • Siri Remote is compatible with Apple TV (4th generation)
  • Remote Loop is compatible with Siri Remote
  • Apple TV is compatible with Bluetooth keyboards

Accessibility:

Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new Apple TV. With built-in support for vision, hearing, physical and motor skills, and learning and literacy, you can easily find and enjoy your favorite entertainment.

Features include:

• Siri Remote
  • Power Cord
  • Lightning to USB Cable
  • Documentation

Apple TV and the Environment: Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact. Apple TV (4th generation) and the Siri Remote are designed with the following features to reduce their environmental impact:

• Apple TV: BFR‑free, PVC‑free5, Meets ENERGY STAR 4.1 requirements
  • Siri Remote:  Arsenic‑free glass, BFR‑free, PVC‑free5, Recyclable aluminum enclosure
  • Recycling: Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization.

Does your tv turn on randomly and then blink?
Is it worth it? I’m interested it trying.
Lo compraste o lo has usado como te resultó ?
Start your review of Apple TV!
How would you rate this product?
Candice R.
Hickory, NC
Apple TV uploaded by Candice R.
Purchased at: Apple
Apple TV is the most amazing thing I’ve ever had added to my regular TV subscriptions!! Apple TV has it all, find any apps, watch from anywhere, my husband watches from his IPhone! With an infinite amount of storage and possibilities Apple TV is ULTIMATE TV!!
Jessica F.
Boston, MA
Apple TV uploaded by Jessica F.
Super easy to use and I’ve never had an issue with it! I like it more than other similar services
Mara O.
Washington, DC
Apple TV uploaded by Mara O.
Purchased at: Apple
I really like the practical control, and that you can download applications from the Apple store on your TV, I also like that it is very easy to do "screen mirroring" from your iPhone. I do not like that you have to charge the control with cable but in reality the charge lasts a long time so that's fineApple TV
Cassie H.
Chester, WV
I love this little guy! I love that I can steam my music and podcasts thought my TV. And I really love the simple remote design and the Hulu Plus app interface. The Netflix app is a lot different than what I'm used to but in a way it's more organized. I wish it has Amazon Instant Video and Vudu but I know Apple won't add them because they are Apple's to biggest competitors when it comes to getting new episdoes of a show that aren't on Netflix or Hulu Plus until the next season starts. Since I got this little guy in November I haven't stopped using it. I love the hulu app and it practically the only thing I watch. And my sister would say the same. (She got her apple TV for her family for Christmas and her kids watch hulu on it non-stop.) One thing that kid of bothers me with this device is the fact that it doesn't actually turn off. It just goes into sleep mode after not being used for awhile. I just it's so the start up time is nearly non-excitant. Which I kind of like. I wish it had a home button but if you press and hold the menu button and it will take you to the main page. All in all I love my Apple TV and total recommend it if you want to stream Netflix and Hulu plus your iTunes content. But if you have more than just Netflix and Hulu you might want a Smart Blu-Ray Player.
Sanober A.
Oakbrook Ter, IL
Apple TV uploaded by Sanober A.
I wish the remote was easier to pick up. I think I'll add adhesive backed pads so I can get a better grip on it. In an effort to miniaturize, Apple did a great job. But, ergonomically, not so much. I've never seen a TV remote so small. There are no instructions that explain the remote functions - you need to figure that out for yourself. The "swipe" pad is extremely sensitive and it's easy to over-shoot channels, so you need to slow WAY down. Despite those drawbacks, everyone knows Apple engineers can be counted on to produce a product that excels in a quality build.
Peyton A.
Windermere, FL
Apple TV uploaded by Peyton A.
I absolutely love my Apple TV!! The product is easy to navigate and the remote control is easy to use. So grateful I started using one so long ago!
Jeffrey G.
Philadelphia, PA
I have had my Apple TV for over a year now and it's truly one gadget that I use regularly. I enjoy being able to stream directly from my MacBook to my flat screen TV. It has been very helpful also when traveling out of the country and paired with Sling Box.
Renee P.
Suwanee, GA
We have one but we don't use it alot. Its a good product but with so many other products out there it is not one I cant live without.
Nancy L.
San Bernardino, CA
The Apple TV Is great i put in on my kids room and that saves me money by not having to buy a cable box for there room plus the monthly service. In addition i can put only the cartoons they like with no commercials interruptions and i can monitor what they watch.
Korinne D.
Kouts, IN
I absolutely love the Apple TV! It is something that I use on s regular basis! I actually have 4 of them!

119 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
tabasom H.
Pijnacker, Zuid Holland
il y a 7 mois
I am about to buy an Apple TV . Should I do buy it ?apple tv+Apple TV is it Worth it?
Jessie W. il y a 5 mois
No you can buy way cheaper Devices on AliExpress.