BY APPLE #2 in Tablet Accessories

• shader
  • quill
  • paint marker
  • magic wand

The versatile Apple Pencil is the best tool to reach for when you need pixel‑perfect precision. Use it to jot down notes, draft a schematic, or paint a watercolor. Or sign a lease or mark up an email. Whatever you need to do, Apple Pencil is easy to use but impossible to put down.

Perfectly on point for anything you do.

While it resembles a classic writing tool, Apple Pencil is so much more. Whether you’re marking up a complex document, designing a building on-site, or retouching layers in a photo, you get an astonishing selection of tools in a single instrument. With amazing apps designed to take full advantage of its distinctive features, Apple Pencil offers unmatched versatility.

A better take on taking notes.

Apple Pencil lets you jot down notes and sketch ideas as naturally as you do on paper. And with the upcoming iOS 11, you’ll be able to add handwriting and drawings alongside text and even search handwritten notes using Spotlight. There are also great note-taking apps in the App Store that let you do even more.

In iOS 11, write a note instantly without unlocking your iPad. Scan paper documents right from the Notes app. And pin your most‑used notes to the top of your notes list.

Take notes, sketch ideas in decorative ink styles, and mark up photos.

GoodNotes 4

Create beautiful, searchable handwritten notes and easily annotate documents.

MyScript Nebo

Enhance your notes with diagrams and sketches and convert handwriting, including formulas, into type.

Paper by FiftyThree

Easily write, sketch, diagram, annotate photos, and more.

Microsoft Excel / Microsoft Word

Make precise edits to complex documents, spreadsheets, and presentations to share with colleagues.

Design beautiful cards in your own handwriting on iPad Pro.

Complete Anatomy

Annotate and share visuals from a comprehensive 3D atlas of the human body.

Write and sketch ideas on a digital whiteboard during video meetings.

Adobe Photoshop Mix

Use Apple Pencil to cut out, combine, and seamlessly blend images.

Morpholio Trace

Use your favorite architectural drafting tools to create beautiful sketches at multiple scales.

Mark up email, documents, and more.

Instantly annotate PDFs, photos, and web pages with Apple Pencil. Or quickly mark up anything on your iPad by taking a screenshot.

In iOS 11, easily sketch, draw, or write directly in an email or on an attachment.

PDF Expert 6

Write on and highlight text in PDFs, insert text and stamps, and sign and merge documents.

Mark up any screenshot or image with customizable colors and fonts.

In iOS 11, mark up a PDF of an entire web page for easy sharing.

Engineered like a computer. Works like a pencil.

The technology inside Apple Pencil is revolutionary, yet picking it up for the first time feels instantly familiar. And though it’s far more precise than your finger, it’s just as easy to use.

To be precise, it’s incredibly precise.

With Apple Pencil, you can make virtually any number of effects right down to a single pixel. It’s perfect for creating technical illustrations or adding fine details in a portrait. You can even touch and hold with two fingers in supported apps to get a virtual ruler that lets you draw straight lines.

Even more responsive. Virtually no lag.

On the new iPad Pro with ProMotion technology, latency - the tiny delay between when you begin drawing and the time it appears on the screen - is virtually imperceptible. This lightning-fast responsiveness creates a smooth and natural experience unmatched by other creative tools.

Draw lines of any weight. Just apply pressure.

Sophisticated and accurate pressure sensors determine exactly how hard the tip of Apple Pencil is being pressed down. Press harder to draw thicker lines. Use a gentle touch for wispy hairlines. And adjust your pressure for anything in between.

Add shading with a tilt of the hand.

Two tilt sensors in the tip of Apple Pencil calculate the angle of your hand. As you write or draw, the relative positions of these sensors are detected by the Multi-Touch display. So you can create different degrees of shading simply by tilting Apple Pencil the way you would a conventional pencil.

Go ahead, rest your palm on the display.

iPad Pro is designed with palm rejection technology, making it possible to rest your hand on the iPad screen while you use Apple Pencil. So you can focus on drawing with the utmost precision instead of worrying about how to position your arm.

12 hours of battery life. You supply the creative charge.

Under the magnetic cap of Apple Pencil is a Lightning connector that lets you plug into iPad Pro. In a pinch, 15 seconds of charging gives you 30 minutes of use.1 And a full charge gives you 12 hours of scribbling, sketching, annotating, and editing.

15 sec of charging = 30 min of battery life

Apple Pencil expands the power of iPad Pro and opens up new creative possibilities. It’s sensitive to pressure and tilt so you can easily vary line weight, create subtle shading, and produce a wide range of artistic effects - just like with a conventional pencil, but with pixel-perfect precision.

Technical Specifications:

• Length: 6.92 inches (175.7 mm) measured from tip to cap
  • Diameter: 0.35 inch (8.9 mm)
  • Weight: 0.73 ounce (20.7 grams)

• Bluetooth
  • Lightning connector

Other Features: Magnetically attached cap

Compatibility iPad Models:

• iPad Pro 10.5-inch
  • iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd Generation)
  • iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st Generation)
  • iPad Pro 9.7-inch

• Is it really worth buying or is it only really worth it if you dr...8 Answers
  • I'm thinking about purchasing this and the ipad pro for medical s...1 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
Anna C.
I bought the  Apple 12.9‑inch iPad Pro , the Apple Smart Keyboard (I can't find the product to link it), and this pencil when they first came out, so I'm reviewing the first generation of these products, if there are subsequent generations.

At first, I really liked the Apple Pencil. It had a hard tip, which is great for precision writing, versus the marshmallow-y tip of most styluses. This also comes with a replacement tip, in case the other one is damaged. I have heard that the tip is easily damaged and bent when the pencil is dropped. I definitely believe that this is the case for some people because the tip is a metal rod on the inside, but I have not had any issues when I dropped my Pencil on concrete (just the one time, knock on wood).

As time went on, I felt like the battery life depleted fairly quickly. I primarily use these products for note-taking because I am a college student. At first, I would have to charge the Pencil maybe once every four days. Today, I have to charge it probably once a day, which is quite a leap from the original time range.

I have also noticed that it reacts a little differently with the Notes app now. It used to work just fine, but sometimes the Pencil will act like I'm holding it on its side and shading when it is upright for writing. The solution is easy: just either undo the strokes or tap on the eraser to erase the strokes and tap back to the pencil or pen tip. It's just a little frustrating because this happens often when I have to quickly jot something down.
Becki M.
Lansing, MI
I have a job that requires reading a lot of pdf documents & then writing about those documents. I decided to buy the Apple Pencil for my iPad Pro in the hopes that I could quit printing out the pdf documents and I could use the Apple Pencil to highlight and make notes on my pdf documents right on my iPad. It has worked perfectly and allowed me to quit wasting paper by printing out all of the pdf documents. I use it occasionally to scroll on my iPad if I have it connected to the keyboard, making the screen at an awkward angle to scroll with my finger. I haven’t tried to use it for photo editing yet, but based on how well it works to highlight and write notes on pdf documents, I’m assuming it would be precise and responsive in photo editing as well. The only bad thing I have to say about it is that it costs way too much. But considering the paper, ink, time and annoyance that it saves me in my job, I guess it is worth it.

I noticed people have complained that it gets charged by plugging it into the charging port of the iPad. I understand that can be awkward if you’re trying to use the iPad in portrait mode. However, if you connect your iPad to the Smart Keyboard, it is positioned in landscape mode & it is easy to just plug it in while you’re working. It charges super fast so it doesn’t have to stay there for long. It also comes with an adapter so you can actually connect it to a lightning cable if it is that much of a hassle for you to charge it through the iPad.
Faith F.
Brooklyn, NY
This Apple Pencil makes me want to go back to med school!!! 🤩🤩
I finally got the instore trial before purchasing and it’s AMAZING 😍
It’s easy to hold and very precise. I wish there were color options to match my IPad Pro but this is definitely on my wishlist.
#GiftCrush #contest @Influenster
Cindy V.
Morganville, NJ
This is a must have for anyone who owns the Apple iPad. It’s not just for artists. Taking notes and signing documents are a breeze. It’s very reliable and holds a charge for quite some time. I haven’t needed to change the tip since I got it last year.
David A.
I have an iPad Pro and this pencil makes all of the tasks I use my iPad for much much easier. I draw a lot and this is the main reason Eason why I have this pencil. Although it may be a little pricey, it is still definitely a great buy if you are an artist or would just rather have a stylus for using your iPad.
ოιяαη∂α ¢.
Murrysville, PA
Absolutely amazing! With a heavy price tag of $100 you really need to expect a lot out of this. I can vouch that I use this pencil every single day. If you are a graphic designer using the Apple Pencil in conjunction with the Adobe Creative Cloud you can draw with it on the iPad Pro and it seamlessly transfers to my Mac without issues and personally I see my work flow improve. This is also great for college students who are taking notes and with third party apps like good note the Apple Pencil works beautifully with it. Over all this is a great investment and worth every dollar!
Patrick M.
Washington, CT
I really like this pencil. The accuracy is fantastic and the look and feel is amazing.

The pencil has a typical Apple look to it and charges with a lightning connector which is very convenient

I don’t really like how the charge doesn’t last as long as I would like it to. If you are using your IPad to really do work and not just play around it can get annoying.

Other than that this is a great product that is actually priced at a reasonable price and that is something you really don’t see with a premium company like Apple.
Caitlin S.
Denver, CO
This is such a fun product. I HATE how it charges through my iPad and find that very annoying so often I forget to charge it. I love to use with Procreate and practice hand lettering.Savage Interactive Pty Ltd Procreate – Sketch, paint, create.
Shayla B.
Overland Park, KS
Absolutely obsessed with the Apple Pencil! I use this with my iPad Pro with different art apps and am so impressed. I am a fashion illustrator and a hand lettering illustrator and have found this to be an awesome addition to my tool set. The pencil is easy to use and easy to manipulate. The only issue I have with the pencil is that it is hard to gauge the battery life and suddenly it will be dead without warning. Definitely recommend!
Linda L.
Yucaipa, CA
I loved the pencil when I first got it. But now since I do t use it constantly. It no longer works even though I had it stored in the original box It came in. Such a disappointment. I felt as though I wasted $100 on this.
Vivian N.
White Plains, NY
Is it really worth buying or is it only really worth it if you draw a lot on the iPad?
Jasmine O.
Memphis, TN
I'm thinking about purchasing this and the ipad pro for medical school. How is it when taking notes? Is it comparable to writing with pen and paper?