Apple - Macbook Pro With Retina Display - 13.3" Display - 8GB Memory - 256GB Flash Storage

BY APPLE #1 in Laptops

MacBook Pro with Retina display - 13.3" Display - 8GB Memory - 256GB Flash Storage

• Worth the buy or just as good as regular laptops.4 Answers
  • Apple - Macbook Pro With Retina Display - 13.3" Display - 8GB Memor...1 Answers
  • would you recommend this for a college student1 Answers
Apple - Macbook Pro With Retina Display - 13.3
Chris H.
Chris H.
New Orleans, LA
I switched to a Mac about 10 years ago and haven't ever looked back for a second! I had gone through three PC laptops in 6 years. After finally getting fed up, I switched to a MacBook and that first MacBook still works perfectly and I never once had to bring it in for repairs! The only reason I bought this new beauty is because my old MacBook...well, it was 10 years old and so was its memory. This new MacBook is amazing! The first thing you notice is the sleekness of the body, how quiet it is, and then the beauty of the Retina display when it turns on! Yes, it really does make that much of a difference.

I'm typical Mac fashion, everything is intuitive. The set up process takes no time at all, in just a couple of minutes, your computer is ready to go AND personalized specifically to you and all of your devices are synced with it. And the speed of this thing is wonderful! There is no such thing as a lag here! Click. Open. Only thing I miss is CD drive...otherwise, knockout :)
Janey M.
Janey M.
Cape Neddick, ME
MacBook Pro 13" with Retinal Display is my new love! Just go direct to Apple for the best deals and always look at their discounts available. Are you a student, do you have a student? Get the Student Discount! Shipping is fast through Apple too and you get the Apple set up support for free. I noticed some other sites were charging for support.
This laptop is very fast, the display is crystal clear for watching moves (I use Netflix and HBOgo), I love Pages and numbers for my office work. The trackpad is not just touch sensitive, it also uses smart technology to determine the pressure of your touch for different functions.
The laptop is lightweight, super thin for portability, has a lighted keypad, sharp camera and vivid audio. There are more ports that you could imagine. Lightening cable compatible for your high speed gadgets. This laptop is going to keep me busy playing with all it's features.
Sanitta K.
Sanitta K.
I love my MacBook! I got this for my video editing purposes because it comes with iMovie. I also got it for school too. I mainly use it for personal use. I used to own an HP laptop and converting was easy because I was already familiar with apple products because I own an iPhone. The Retina display is amazing. I love how light weight and sleek this laptop is because it conveniently is packed away in my backpack or purse so easily. There is no disk drive which is okay. Sometimes when I want to burn a CD, it's inconvenient. But I don't burn a CD that often to be real bothered by it. I didn't really like how little RAM space I have on it because I filled mine up pretty quickly with just pictures and videos. But I bought an external hard drive to fix that problem because I knew that was going to be one of my issues when starting a YouTube channel.
Katie D.
Katie D.
Prosser, WA
I love this laptop. I've been using various Microsoft laptops for years. I've had dell, toshiba, and acer. My dad is a computer guru and constantly cleaned out my computers making sure they were always running well and I had to have him do this biweekly because they would start running so slow. Since getting my MacBook Pro last December I haven't had to do any system maintenance. The battery runs like a champ! It lasts for days without being charged and when needing a charge it only takes a short time to get back to full charge. I opted for the Retina display and I love watching videos on my laptop. It runs cool and fast even with a heavy duty case. It's a fluid and easy to maneuver operating system that didn't take me long to figure out and fall in love with. Only fault off the top of my head is pages is not nearly as optimal for writing.
Samantha  H.
Samantha H.
Baltimore, MD
First Macbook after being a longtime PC user. I'm still not a convert, but LOVE iMessage and the durability of the macbook's metal case, light weight, and quick boot up time. I take my macbook back and forth to law school every day and am happy with its portability and ease of use. Still not used to all the goofy keyboard commands and other weird Mac things, but that's okay. Seven months after purchase, I'm starting to notice a dramatic drop in how long the battery lasts, and am having problems with USB ports not working and not being able to connect to bluetooth. The computer also often drops wifi connections or hangs on them, which I can fix quickly by turning wifi off then turning it back on, though it is annoying when it happens frequently - I think it's time for a genius bar appointment!
Caroline S.
Caroline S.
Let’s start with a bullet-list of major benefits:

Startup is nearly instant-on
Keyboard is backlit and bright
Keyboard is responsive, but springy
Force Touch trackpad is clever, contextual
Glossy display is muted; not overly-reflective
Screen is bright and crisp with superb viewing angles
The Mac is well-designed – looks good and feels rugged
Battery easily lasts a full work day, and then some; I get a good 10 hours
Audio is excellent, above average, producing rich bass and fidelity, even streaming

I see 13.-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display as best for creative types who have adopted the Apple lifestyle and/or who demand the power of local applications. While the laptop fits into the cloud, the greater utility is running processor-intensive software stored on the hard drive.

Isa F.
Isa F.
Rosharon, TX
It is lightweight and compact, therefore easy to transport. I'm a college student and I usually put in my backpack, and it feels almost like just another notebook. The aesthetic design is smooth, streamlined, and modern. The display is great, the battery life reliable and long-lasting. I don't like how the storage is permanent and unchangeable, though this is not so much of an issue so far. This is my first Apple/Macbook, having exclusively used Windows/PC up until college. I can't clearly say if either one is the superior choice (this would depend on your personal preference). I'm definitely happy with my Macbook currently, and I see myself using it for years to come. I'm unsure if my next laptop computer will be a Mac or PC though.
thu h.
thu h.
I converted to a Apple from Windows and am never returning (except for when I am at work). I love Apple. The interface is off-the-chain. The Retina display makes a HUGE difference, as if your eyes can finally see. The battery life is reliable as well. The life of the battery does decline with frequent use but that's how it is. Get the Mac Book because it's worth it, it's lighter than my Sony Vaio and easy to carry around especially if you're in school. I never regretted buy this MacBook. It's pricey, yeah. But, you're paying for quality. Window's is alright too especially for programmers. Graphic artists will love MacBooks. Doesn't matter who you are, MacBooks are beautiful and great for everyone.
Seanna H.
Seanna H.
Bought this after my four year old Mac gave up on life, and the retina display has not disappointed me at all. Nor the speed that comes along with it. After a year, and I've only had one situation where the computer became unresponsive but let it be known I had tons of Word documents, and Internet tabs, and music playing with a really slow internet plowing through it. The retina display is UNREAL, everything looks HD (and that may be why I've become much more addicted to Netflix. Speaking for my brother here on the retina display on this Mac, it really is amazing. It displays graphics on games like no other and the processor doesn't allow the games to lag at all!
Amanda W.
Amanda W.
Batavia, OH
I am all for any Apple product, typical. But there is nothing cheap about their products, they are well made and long lasting. I am a college student and require a good working computer for everything I do. I am also an avid writer and I need room to store all of my work's in progress and outlines. I love my MacBook Pro's 13.3" with Retina display, it is absolutely gorgeous and the backlit keyboard is perfect for late night work. It is light weight and easy to take with me from place to place because I am on the go so much. I researched long and hard to find the perfect laptop and this is the one that I came up with, and it was a great decision!
Monica M.
Monica M.
Los Angeles, CA
How good is the Mackbook pro? I've never owned anything by apple so I don't know anything.
Jordan T.
Jordan T.
Worth the buy or just as good as regular laptops.
Nour A.
Nour A.
Cairo
Can i get it for free cuz I'm willing to start a YouTube channel but i can't so please can you send it to me for free
Elsa T.
Elsa T.
Saint-Charles de Bellechasse, CA
I was usin a PC for the last 15 years and I just turn into MacBook, for those who made this change too, do you think you made a good choice? I dont know if I will like using MacOs..
Eve M.