Apple MacBook Pro
MacBook Pro: A touch of genius.
It’s razor thin, feather light, and even faster and more powerful than before. It has the brightest, most colorful Mac notebook display ever. And it features the Touch Bar - a Multi-Touch enabled strip of glass built into the keyboard for instant access to the tools you want, right when you want them. MacBook Pro is built on groundbreaking ideas. And it’s ready for yours.
- Up to 4.1GHz Turbo Boost
- 500-nit Retina display
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
Touch Bar and Touch ID: A revolutionary new way to use your Mac.
The Touch Bar replaces the function keys that have long occupied the top of your keyboard with something much more versatile and capable.2 It changes automatically based on what you’re doing to show you relevant tools you already know how to use - system controls like volume and brightness, interactive ways to adjust or browse through content, intelligent typing features like emoji and predictive text, and more. And now Touch ID is available on a Mac, enabling instant access to logins and fast, secure online purchases with Apple Pay.
Even more ways the Touch Bar gives you quick access to commands:
- Expand, contract, and customize system controls to reveal volume, brightness, and more.
- Answer your iPhone or a FaceTime call from the keyboard without moving your cursor.
- Select a palette and tap to choose a color for text or objects in Pages, Keynote, and more.
- Get quick access to text suggestions and emoji in apps like Messages and Mail.
- Access the function keys by holding down the Fn key on the keyboard.
- Touch ID arrives on Mac.
Now you can unlock your Mac in an instant. Use Apple Pay to make secure online purchases. Quickly access system settings and locked notes. And even switch between users - all with the touch of a finger.
Your favorite apps. Now with Touch Bar.
The Touch Bar can change how you experience the apps you use every day - like Photoshop, Microsoft Office, DaVinci Resolve, Logic Pro X, and others. Key tools and features appear right on the Touch Bar, so they’re easier to discover and use. It’s a dynamic canvas that developers can use to add a new dimension of interactivity to current and future apps.
MacBook Pro elevates the notebook to a whole new level of performance and portability. Wherever your ideas take you, you’ll get there faster than ever with cutting-edge graphics, high-performance processors, whip-smart storage, and more.
- Up to 4.1GHz Turbo Boost
- 3.2GB/s Up to SSD read speeds
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- Eye-opening graphics performance.
The 15-inch MacBook Pro features a powerful Radeon Pro discrete GPU in every configuration. Manufactured with a 14 nm process, Radeon Pro graphics combine outstanding power with outstanding power efficiency. And now 4GB of GDDR5 memory comes standard on the top configuration, giving you fluid, real-time performance for pro tasks like rendering 3D titles in Final Cut Pro X. Every 13-inch model features powerful integrated graphics with 64MB of embedded DRAM, which accelerates graphics tasks. That means more time for what matters most - creating amazing work.
Speedy SSD storage. Snap to everything.
MacBook Pro includes a solid-state drive that’s blazing fast, with sequential read speeds up to 3.2GB/s. The 15-inch model is available with up to a 2TB SSD - enough space to take even your biggest projects with you, without having to take an external drive. And its memory is both high speed and power efficient. It all works together to help you boot up, launch multiple apps, or import huge files in a flash.
Processors that provide incredible power. And use incredibly little.
With seventh-generation Intel Core processors, MacBook Pro delivers amazing performance, with Turbo Boost frequencies up to 4.1GHz. So you can move fast - even when powering through pro-level processing jobs like rendering 3D models and encoding video. At the same time, it can conserve energy when taking on lighter tasks, like browsing the web and checking email. And 10-bit HEVC hardware acceleration comes standard on MacBook Pro, which will let you take even more advantage of the boosts in 4K video compression and streaming performance coming in macOS High Sierra.
- Up to 3.2GB/s sequential read speed
- Up to 2.2GB/s sequential write speed
- Up to 3.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor
- Up to 4.0GHz Turbo Boost processing
- Impressive all-day battery life.
MacBook Pro packs more performance into a thin design, yet still provides all-day battery life - up to 10 hours for both the 13-inch and 15-inch models.1 So you’re free to keep watching, gaming, and editing from wherever you are.
Retina Display: The brightest, most colorful Mac notebook display ever.
The display in the MacBook Pro is the best ever in a Mac notebook. It features bright LED backlighting and a high contrast ratio, delivering deep blacks and bright whites. Its large pixel aperture and variable refresh rate make it power efficient. And it supports wide color for even more vibrant greens and reds than with sRGB. This makes for more true-to-life pictures with realistically vivid details - essential for graphic design, color grading, and editing.
- 500 nits brightness
- 25% more colors than sRGB
- High contrast ratio
- MacBook Pro features P3 color, which makes 25 percent more colors available than standard RGB - revealing a much broader range of greens and reds.
Audio: Speakers that speak for themselves. Loudly.
Enjoy beautifully balanced, high-fidelity sound that takes listening to new levels with wide dynamic range and more bass for maximum boom. The speakers are connected directly to system power, enabling greater peak amplification. So they make MacBook Pro the perfect choice for mixing a track on the fly, editing video on location, or enjoying a movie on the go.
Keyboard and Trackpad: More responsive keyboard. More expansive trackpad.
Interacting with MacBook Pro is a smooth experience all around. The keyboard features our second-generation butterfly mechanism - providing four times more key stability than a traditional scissor mechanism, along with greater comfort and responsiveness. And the spacious Force Touch trackpad gives your fingers plenty of room to gesture and click.
Thunderbolt 3: The most powerful and versatile port ever.
Thunderbolt 3 combines ultra-high bandwidth with the ultra-versatility of the USB-C industry standard to create one revved-up universal port. It integrates data transfer, charging, and video output in a single connector, delivering up to 40Gb/s of throughput for twice the bandwidth of Thunderbolt 2. Both sizes of MacBook Pro are available with four ports, so you can do all that from either side. Existing devices are easily connected with a cable or adapter. And Thunderbolt 3 is reversible, so no matter how you plug in, it’s always right side up.
- Up to 40Gb/s data transfer
- Supports up to two 5K displays
- Charge and provide power from any port
- Up to four Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Simultaneously connect two 5K displays and two RAID systems to a 15-inch MacBook Pro with four Thunderbolt 3 ports to create a powerful workstation.
macOS: It’s why there’s nothing else like a Mac.
macOS is the operating system that powers every Mac. It’s engineered to take full advantage of the hardware and designed to be as easy to use as it is beautiful to look at. macOS includes an amazing collection of apps you’ll use - and love - every day. It also features iCloud and other innovative ways for your Mac, iOS devices, and Apple Watch to work together.
- Get more done on your Mac just by asking Siri.
- Work seamlessly between all of your Apple devices.
- Store files in iCloud automatically and access them on any device.
Finish: Silver / Space Gray
Display: Retina display
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560-by-1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
- Supported scaled resolutions: 1680 by 1050, 1440 by 900, 1024 by 640
- 500 nits brightness
- Wide color (P3)
- 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz, with 64MB of eDRAM
- Configurable to 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.0GHz, with 64MB of eDRAM
- 128GB: 128GB PCIe-based onboard SSD, Configurable to 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB SSD
- 256GB: 256GB PCIe-based onboard SSD Configurable to 512GB or 1TB SSD
- 8GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- Configurable to 16GB of memory
Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
Charging and Expansion:
Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt (up to 40 Gbps)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps)
Keyboard and Trackpad: Full-size backlit keyboard with:
- 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys
- Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing, and Multi-Touch gestures
- Wi-Fi: 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology
Camera: 720p FaceTime HD camera
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:
- One display with 5120-by-2880 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors
- Up to two displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz at millions of colors
- Up to two displays with 3840-by-2160 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors
Thunderbolt 3 digital video output:
- Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
- VGA, HDMI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Stereo speakers with high dynamic range
- Two microphones
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
Battery and Power:
- Up to 10 hours wireless web
- Up to 10 hours iTunes movie playback
- Up to 30 days of standby time
- Built-in 54.5-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 61W USB-C Power Adapter
Electrical and Operating Requirements:
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: –13° to 113° F (–25° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
Size and Weight:
- Height: 0.59 inch (1.49 cm)
- Width: 11.97 inches (30.41 cm)
- Depth: 8.36 inches (21.24 cm)
- Weight: 3.02 pounds (1.37 kg)
Operating System: macOS Sierra
macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS Sierra introduces Siri to Mac4 - along with more ways to enjoy your photos, shop securely online, and work seamlessly between devices.
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Pro. With built-in support for vision, hearing, physical and motor skills, and learning and literacy, you can create and do amazing things.
- Increase Contrast
- Reduce Motion
- Siri and Dictation
- Switch Control
- Closed Captions
- Text to Speech
- Photo Booth
- App Store
- Time Machine
What’s in the Box:
- 13-inch MacBook Pro
- 61W USB-C Power Adapter
- USB-C Charge Cable (2 m)
Limited Warranty and Service:
Your MacBook Pro comes with 90 days of complimentary technical support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase AppleCare+ for Mac to extend your coverage to three years from your computer’s purchase date and add up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee of $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or $299 for other repairable damage, plus applicable tax.
Configure to Order: Configure your MacBook Pro with these options, only at apple.com:
- 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.0GHz, with 64MB of eDRAM
- 16GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB PCIe-based onboard SSD
MacBook Pro and the Environment:
MacBook Pro is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Highly recyclable aluminum enclosure
- Meets ENERGY STAR 6.1 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold
Recycling: Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization.see more...
Top Questions See all 377 Q&A
Look I can't lie about the fact that I love all Apple products, but when it comes to writing reviews about any products I think all reviewers should be objectives.
Me, myself was a Windows user, until I got obsessed with getting a Mac. But once I actually got the opportunity to experience the power on these machines and try all possible ways to proof that it wasn't perfect I realized that this computer is just incredible.
Of course, it's not perfect, but it's a machine that is capable of handling so many things at the same time without any issues, the software built-in to the computer is probably the most friendly software you can ever find once you get use to it, and when you add on top of all that the awesome synchronization between Apple devices and the computer itself and the beautiful design that comes with it, it is just limitless what you can do.
There are certainly other computers in the market that are very fast, and capable of doing the same things and probably faster, but you won't find a portable computer with this design, built quality, and synchronization features that can perform like a MacBook Pro. (At least not now)
I hope this can help decide wether to get one or not, but let me tell you something: YOU WON'T regret it!
since I mainly work in the cloud the small 128 gig SSD was not an issue and currently have 90 gigs of space open with all the apps I need for school and work installed.
Pro: retina display, integrated graphics card, light weight, able to run most programs
Con: If you try to run parallels (windows on the mac platform) you may brick your laptop, any issues you have with your computer after your warranty is up is ridiculously expensive. I cracked my logic board and it cost $500 and a week to repair.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos