BY APPLE #1 in Laptops

MacBook Pro: A touch of genius.

It’s razor thin, feather light, and even faster and more powerful than before. It has the brightest, most colorful Mac notebook display ever. And it features the Touch Bar - a Multi-Touch enabled strip of glass built into the keyboard for instant access to the tools you want, right when you want them. MacBook Pro is built on groundbreaking ideas. And it’s ready for yours.

• Up to 4.1GHz Turbo Boost
  • 500-nit Retina display
  • Up to 10 hours of battery life

Touch Bar and Touch ID: A revolutionary new way to use your Mac.

The Touch Bar replaces the function keys that have long occupied the top of your keyboard with something much more versatile and capable.2 It changes automatically based on what you’re doing to show you relevant tools you already know how to use - system controls like volume and brightness, interactive ways to adjust or browse through content, intelligent typing features like emoji and predictive text, and more. And now Touch ID is available on a Mac, enabling instant access to logins and fast, secure online purchases with Apple Pay.

Even more ways the Touch Bar gives you quick access to commands:

• Expand, contract, and customize system controls to reveal volume, brightness, and more.
  • Answer your iPhone or a FaceTime call from the keyboard without moving your cursor.
  • Select a palette and tap to choose a color for text or objects in Pages, Keynote, and more.
  • Get quick access to text suggestions and emoji in apps like Messages and Mail.
  • Access the function keys by holding down the Fn key on the keyboard.
  • Touch ID arrives on Mac.

Now you can unlock your Mac in an instant. Use Apple Pay to make secure online purchases. Quickly access system settings and locked notes. And even switch between users - all with the touch of a finger.

Your favorite apps. Now with Touch Bar.

The Touch Bar can change how you experience the apps you use every day - like Photoshop, Microsoft Office, DaVinci Resolve, Logic Pro X, and others. Key tools and features appear right on the Touch Bar, so they’re easier to discover and use. It’s a dynamic canvas that developers can use to add a new dimension of interactivity to current and future apps.

Performance: Speed-of-the-art.

MacBook Pro elevates the notebook to a whole new level of performance and portability. Wherever your ideas take you, you’ll get there faster than ever with cutting-edge graphics, high-performance processors, whip-smart storage, and more.

• Up to 4.1GHz Turbo Boost
  • 3.2GB/s Up to SSD read speeds
  • Up to 10 hours of battery life
  • Eye-opening graphics performance.

The 15-inch MacBook Pro features a powerful Radeon Pro discrete GPU in every configuration. Manufactured with a 14 nm process, Radeon Pro graphics combine outstanding power with outstanding power efficiency. And now 4GB of GDDR5 memory comes standard on the top configuration, giving you fluid, real-time performance for pro tasks like rendering 3D titles in Final Cut Pro X. Every 13-inch model features powerful integrated graphics with 64MB of embedded DRAM, which accelerates graphics tasks. That means more time for what matters most - creating amazing work.

Speedy SSD storage. Snap to everything.

MacBook Pro includes a solid-state drive that’s blazing fast, with sequential read speeds up to 3.2GB/s. The 15-inch model is available with up to a 2TB SSD - enough space to take even your biggest projects with you, without having to take an external drive. And its memory is both high speed and power efficient. It all works together to help you boot up, launch multiple apps, or import huge files in a flash.

Processors that provide incredible power. And use incredibly little.

With seventh-generation Intel Core processors, MacBook Pro delivers amazing performance, with Turbo Boost frequencies up to 4.1GHz. So you can move fast - even when powering through pro-level processing jobs like rendering 3D models and encoding video. At the same time, it can conserve energy when taking on lighter tasks, like browsing the web and checking email. And 10-bit HEVC hardware acceleration comes standard on MacBook Pro, which will let you take even more advantage of the boosts in 4K video compression and streaming performance coming in macOS High Sierra.

SSD Performance:

• Up to 3.2GB/s sequential read speed
  • Up to 2.2GB/s sequential write speed

Processor Performance:

• Up to 3.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor
  • Up to 4.0GHz Turbo Boost processing
  • Impressive all-day battery life.

MacBook Pro packs more performance into a thin design, yet still provides all-day battery life - up to 10 hours for both the 13-inch and 15-inch models.1 So you’re free to keep watching, gaming, and editing from wherever you are.

Retina Display: The brightest, most colorful Mac notebook display ever.

The display in the MacBook Pro is the best ever in a Mac notebook. It features bright LED backlighting and a high contrast ratio, delivering deep blacks and bright whites. Its large pixel aperture and variable refresh rate make it power efficient. And it supports wide color for even more vibrant greens and reds than with sRGB. This makes for more true-to-life pictures with realistically vivid details - essential for graphic design, color grading, and editing.

• 500 nits brightness
  • 25% more colors than sRGB
  • High contrast ratio
  • MacBook Pro features P3 color, which makes 25 percent more colors available than standard RGB - revealing a much broader range of greens and reds.

Audio: Speakers that speak for themselves. Loudly.

Enjoy beautifully balanced, high-fidelity sound that takes listening to new levels with wide dynamic range and more bass for maximum boom. The speakers are connected directly to system power, enabling greater peak amplification. So they make MacBook Pro the perfect choice for mixing a track on the fly, editing video on location, or enjoying a movie on the go.

Keyboard and Trackpad: More responsive keyboard. More expansive trackpad.

Interacting with MacBook Pro is a smooth experience all around. The keyboard features our second-generation butterfly mechanism - providing four times more key stability than a traditional scissor mechanism, along with greater comfort and responsiveness. And the spacious Force Touch trackpad gives your fingers plenty of room to gesture and click.

Thunderbolt 3: The most powerful and versatile port ever.

Thunderbolt 3 combines ultra-high bandwidth with the ultra-versatility of the USB-C industry standard to create one revved-up universal port. It integrates data transfer, charging, and video output in a single connector, delivering up to 40Gb/s of throughput for twice the bandwidth of Thunderbolt 2. Both sizes of MacBook Pro are available with four ports, so you can do all that from either side. Existing devices are easily connected with a cable or adapter. And Thunderbolt 3 is reversible, so no matter how you plug in, it’s always right side up.

• Up to 40Gb/s data transfer
  • Supports up to two 5K displays
  • Charge and provide power from any port
  • Up to four Thunderbolt 3 ports
  • Simultaneously connect two 5K displays and two RAID systems to a 15-inch MacBook Pro with four Thunderbolt 3 ports to create a powerful workstation.

macOS: It’s why there’s nothing else like a Mac.

macOS is the operating system that powers every Mac. It’s engineered to take full advantage of the hardware and designed to be as easy to use as it is beautiful to look at. macOS includes an amazing collection of apps you’ll use - and love - every day. It also features iCloud and other innovative ways for your Mac, iOS devices, and Apple Watch to work together.

• Get more done on your Mac just by asking Siri.
  • Work seamlessly between all of your Apple devices.
  • Store files in iCloud automatically and access them on any device.

Finish: Silver / Space Gray

Display: Retina display

• 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560-by-1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
  • Supported scaled resolutions: 1680 by 1050, 1440 by 900, 1024 by 640
  • 500 nits brightness
  • Wide color (P3)

Processor:

• 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz, with 64MB of eDRAM
  • Configurable to 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.0GHz, with 64MB of eDRAM

Storage:

Charging and Expansion:

Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for:

• Charging
  • DisplayPort
  • Thunderbolt (up to 40 Gbps)
  • USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps)

Keyboard and Trackpad: Full-size backlit keyboard with:

• 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys
  • Ambient light sensor
  • Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing, and Multi-Touch gestures

Wireless:

• Wi-Fi: 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
  • Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology

Camera:  720p FaceTime HD camera

Video Support:

Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:

• One display with 5120-by-2880 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors
  • Up to two displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz at millions of colors
  • Up to two displays with 3840-by-2160 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors

Thunderbolt 3 digital video output:

• Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
  • VGA, HDMI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)

Audio:

• Stereo speakers with high dynamic range
  • Two microphones

• 61W USB-C Power Adapter

Electrical and Operating Requirements:

• Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
  • Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
  • Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
  • Storage temperature: –13° to 113° F (–25° to 45° C)
  • Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
  • Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
  • Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
  • Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet

Size and Weight:

• Height: 0.59 inch (1.49 cm)
  • Width: 11.97 inches (30.41 cm)
  • Depth: 8.36 inches (21.24 cm)
  • Weight: 3.02 pounds (1.37 kg)

Operating System: macOS Sierra

macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS Sierra introduces Siri to Mac4 - along with more ways to enjoy your photos, shop securely online, and work seamlessly between devices.

Accessibility:

Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Pro. With built-in support for vision, hearing, physical and motor skills, and learning and literacy, you can create and do amazing things.

Features include:

• Time Machine

What’s in the Box:

• 13-inch MacBook Pro
  • 61W USB-C Power Adapter
  • USB-C Charge Cable (2 m)

Limited Warranty and Service:

Your MacBook Pro comes with 90 days of complimentary technical support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase AppleCare+ for Mac to extend your coverage to three years from your computer’s purchase date and add up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee of $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or $299 for other repairable damage, plus applicable tax.

Configure to Order: Configure your MacBook Pro with these options, only at apple.com:

• 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.0GHz, with 64MB of eDRAM
  • 16GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
  • 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB PCIe-based onboard SSD

MacBook Pro and the Environment:

MacBook Pro is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:

• Mercury-free LED-backlit display
  • Arsenic-free display glass
  • BFR-free
  • PVC-free
  • Beryllium-free
  • Highly recyclable aluminum enclosure
  • Meets ENERGY STAR 6.1 requirements
  • Rated EPEAT Gold

Recycling: Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization.

Whitney J.
Whitney J.
So, this review is for my Macbook Pro, the first Macbook I've ever owned in my life. Prior to purchasing my Mac, I used a PC (a Dell laptop) for approximately 5 or 6 years. When my PC started to take its remaining breaths, I decided to invest (and you truly do have to invest because the price tag is quite hefty, equivalent to what some would pay for their monthly rent if not more) in a Macbook with 256 GB of storage. I use it to do research for school, write papers, browse the web, stream TV series, store photos and music, and iMovie proved to be pretty handy for my final projects for my uni honors courses as I successfully made 2 short films for each semester. I'm not one of those team Apple versus team PC or team Android individuals. I simply purchase what it is best suited for my needs and what fits within my budget. For example, I have my Macbook Pro and an iPod Touch but I own a Samsung Galaxy S6. For me, it's not as much about the brand as it is about the quality and performance. However, and this doesn't prove to be true for all products but it's a generally held belief that the more you pay for something, the higher the quality or the higher the standards of performance are. In spite of this, though I've had my Macbook for less than a year and beginning about 2 weeks ago, my Macbook sporadically and unexpectedly freezes. When I close the lid, it refuses to enter sleep mode and I'm obligated to do a hard reset. I made a Genius Bar reservation and the employee ran all kinds of diagnostic tests and nothing came up that was hardware or software related. Seeming unable to identify the issue, she blamed it on a program (Sophos) I had installed on my laptop since I first purchased it and she suggested that it wasn't even necessary because Macbooks are practically impervious to viruses. Why I wouldn't experience the issue almost a year ago and would experience it now was beyond me, but I said hey, she's the expert. Terrified of losing all of my information and my brother's external hard drive being incompatible with my Macbook, I decided to buy a Seagate hard drive. That same night, the issue occurred again. I'm in my final semester of uni and going into finals week and this issue has been incredibly frustrating. It just goes to show you that spending more money doesn't necessarily mean a certain piece of technology is better or at the very least perfect. I contacted customer support over the phone and someone helped me over the phone. A safe reboot and a few other adjustments seemed to do the trick. Though my issue was addressed and ostensibly repaired, I'm still concerned that it may occur again and doubts have been instilled in me about a product that one usually only hears rave reviews about. Just yesterday, I plugged in my Seagate hard drive and my Macbook refused to recognize it. Of course, failure to perform is not something that afflicts Macbook or Apple products exclusively, but rather it affects all technology. Still, having spent so much money (and I treat this thing like my baby), I expect my product to perform and to perform well. Having said that, I do really like my Macbook and have noticed how much faster it runs than my old PC, how much smoothr everything seems to work, and how much lighter it is and I do like the overall design, though I'm still becoming accustomed to the new user interface and the current OS X El Capitan update. Are Macbooks overrated? Certainly not. Despite all of my aforementioned criticism, they are indeed great products. Do they live up to the hype? Yes and no. If you purchase a Macbook, enjoy all of its extensive features and capabilities and hope you're one of those fortunate souls that doesn't experience any issues after spending $1,000 - $2,000 on a computer. If you don't purchase one, execute thorough research and invest in something suited to your needs and preferences.
Natalie A.
Natalie A.
Switched from Windows to Apple when I started college, because I couldn't deal with all the viruses and slowing down over time that Windows brings along with it. Three years later, I'm still using my Mac and it's as fas as it was when I first bought it. Haven't run out of storage space and although I've dropped it lightly once or twice, it's still in perfect condition as if nothing has happened. I would pick an Apple product over any other type of laptop any day. This was the best decision I made for college. This laptop in particular is a little thicker and heavier than the Macbook Air, but it's still not too heavy or large that it makes it unbearable to carry around campus. The Macbook Air is obviously the lightest of them all and the most convenient to carry around a university, but the Macbook Pro has a lot more storage for pictures and documents, so you just have to choose what you prefer. I personally can handle a little extra weight for a lot more storage space, which is important to me. Just depends on your preferences.
Sofia R.
Sofia R.
Fort Worth, TX
I was hesitant on purchasing this, of course because of the hefty price tag but also because of the ever so popular windows vs Mac debate. I have had an HP laptop in the past and to say the least this Macbook has completely surpassed the HP windows with no competition. The constant virus and slowing down problems I've had with windows in the past is completely non-existent in the macbook. The retina display is absolutely gorgeous and noticeably clearer than even the air which my brother has. The start up time is less than 30 seconds, speed incomparable, battery lasts all day, lightweight and just an overall great laptop. I've been able to do video editing with ease and of course normal school work type things. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for and this pc is a prime example. The price tag is high, but the quality matches this in every way, I couldn't recommend this enough.
Adolfo F.
Adolfo F.
Debary, FL
I've been a recording musician since age 15 and I love the MacBook Pro! Garageband is my main reason for getting this. I hadn't updated my old white MacBook for about 8 years...definitely needed an upgrade!I chose the 13 inch retina display and wow! Looks stunning! Great detail. I got the i5 processor...very speedy. Opens apps/files with ease. There's NO cd/dvd drive in this..just to let you know. You'll have to buy an external drive or transfer files and burn them elsewhere. There are 2 usb ports on this...an HDMI slot, and a large(to micro) sd card reader. Very thin overall, not quite an Air but good enough. It boots up really fast...under 10 seconds, I would say a noticeable improvement over my other Mac, though it was a workhorse too! Overall, I would say this Mac is faster, sleeker, and more efficient!

Don't think about it...just do it! Buy it...you know you wanna!
Hannah G.
Hannah G.
Lynchburg, VA
MacBooks can be a bit tricky. You either get a great working one, or you get one with defects. However, something great with Apple, is that you are offered several years worth of warranty incase there is a default and Geek Squad will fix or replace most damages that are caused by you! So it's basically a win-win. I have owned my Macbook for about a year now and love it. I have yet to stumble upon a problem yet. The storage is great, it never overheats unlike my last PC, it runs quickly, and honestly, the price is worth it. I was very uneasy about the price beforehand, but I am so glad I went ahead and bought it. I spend so much time on it for social media, school papers, and my graphic design projects. I'm almost convinced there's nothing this MacBook Pro with the retina display can't do.
Meghan C.
Meghan C.
Pasadena, MD
I was always a PC kind of person, but after getting an iphone, I decided to make the jump to mac. It was pretty easy to get use to. However, I'm still a little unsure of all the motions for the track pad. The only problem I experienced was the screen cracked mysteriously. It was not dropped or mishandled, but apple says that there is a mark where pressure was applied that cracked it pretty badly. I baby that computer because it was so expensive (several hundred dollars more than my personalized PC) so I have no clue how it happened. In order to replace the screen it would cost over $400 dollars, which is outrageous considering its a third of the original price. Overall though, I love my MacBook pro and the ability to effortlessly sync my phone and computer.
Dwayne C.
Dwayne C.
I am in love with my MacBook Pro! It was a great investment for me, as I know I'll use of it for years to come. My old Sony Vaio of five years finally stopped working on me, prompting the new purchase; I contemplated buying another Sony, but had been wanting an Apple, so I took the chance and purchased one. It is so quick: I turn it on and in less than 30 seconds it is ready for me to sign it. The battery life is actually pretty long without having to plug it in and I love how lightweight it is. It is also user friendly, I mean I learned how to navigate it all within 24 hours. The only downside would be how loud the keys click when pressed. I would say if you're looking into buying a Mac, you definitely should.
Kathleen M.
Kathleen M.
Euclid, OH
This computer is very reliable. I previously had the basic MacBook that is not made anymore. I had it for a good 5 years until I decided I wanted a new, lighter one. There wasn't anything majorly wrong with that one at all, I just am a college student who cares her laptop around all the time and it was kinda heavy. That MacBook has since become like a desktop to me and I now use my Pro as my college travel laptop. It is very easy to use and I always recommend Apple laptops to people. I have never gotten a virus and my computers have never broken down. Getting a virus or having hardware issues is always a main priority to me and this computer does not disappoint. Highly recommended!
Emily S.
Emily S.
West College Corner, IN
I looooooove my MacBook!! This is the first Apple computer I have owned and I am definitely happy with my purchase and have pledged my allegiance to MacBooks. The battery life seems to last for a very long time which is fantastic for a college student! The images are very clear, the search bar results are extremely quick, and the capabilities of the whole machine are truly magnificent. I work in a printshop, so I work with a lot of the Adobe programs, and it's been nice being able to use my own computer to tinker with the programs and learn how they work. My computers in the past have been very slow and twitchy with these programs, but my MacBook is top drawer!
Raleigh L.
Raleigh L.
Burbank, CA
If you're currently using a mac laptop, then you already know that it's the greatest. If you aren't, then I highly suggest switching over from PC. Macs have no viruses, an amazing Graphic User Interface, they're compact, stylish, endlessly compatible with other apple products (like iPhones or Apple TVs), and are even great for gaming now that developers are releasing mac versions of everything they produce. The 13-inch laptop works great for me, as it's small enough to be easily portable. The only criticism I could give is that the internal speakers aren't the loudest, but that can easily be fixed with headphones, external speakers, or even apps like Boom.
Lauren R.
Lauren R.
How reliable is this computer for a college student?
Alexia M.
Alexia M.
Do these have different color keyboards?
Edwin  R.
Edwin R.
Is this one better than the MacBook Air?
Hunter L.
Hunter L.
Woodland Hills, CA
Does this have a CD-DVD drive?
Get Inspired B.
Get Inspired B.
What is your experience with playing online games with this laptop?