Add a Photo

By APPLE
#2 in Laptops

Retina Display The 13.3" display of this MacBook Pro features over 5 million pixels. The pixel density is so high your eyes won't be able to discern individual pixels. Now with a 2560 x 1600 native resolution, you can see more of your high-resolution images onscreen with pixel-for-pixel accuracy. The Retina display also reduces glare while maintaining incredible color and quality. In fact, it has a 29 percent higher contrast ratio than a standard MacBook Pro display. IPS technology gives you a wide, 178-degree view of everything on the screen, so you'll see the difference at practically any angle. Dual-Core 4th-Gen Haswell Intel Core i5 Performance The 4th-gen Haswell Intel Core i5 processor with a state-of-the-art 22-nanometer single-die microarchitecture in this MacBook Pro provides fast dual-core performance. Intel Hyper-Threading technology allows two threads to run simultaneously on each core. The dual cores can run at a stock speed of 2.8 GHz. The processor can be overclocked up to 3.3 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a 3MB L3 cache and 8GB of onboard 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM memory, this MacBook Pro can run professional applications like Aperture and Final Cut Pro with ease. Integrated Intel Iris Graphics This MacBook Pro features integrated Intel Iris graphics, which is perfect for both everyday tasks and graphics-intensive creative apps. Scroll through large photo albums with ease. Play games with amazing detail. Even connect an external display or two. All Flash Storage This MacBook Pro feels incredibly fluid and responsive. It's all thanks to its PCIe-based flash storage, which gives you up to 60 percent faster read and write performance than its predecessor. When you use apps like Final Cut Pro or Aperture, you can perform even the most demanding tasks right from your internal storage. And since this MacBook Pro comes with 512GB of flash storage, you can keep all your important files with you, inc

Photos (126)
Mason G.
Mason G.
Colorado Springs, CO

t's best to think of the 2016 MacBook as a MacBook S. Similar to the evolution from the iPhone 6 to the iPhone 6s, Apple didn't revamp the design for its ultraslim 2-pound laptop. Instead, the company focused mostly on internal upgrades for the 12-inch MacBook ($1,299 to start; $1,599 as configured). These enhancements include a more powerful 6th-generation Core M processor, faster flash storage and an extra hour of battery life. This is a more capable sequel for sure. For this kind of money, though, I wanted more -- namely, an extra USB Type-C port and other improvements. Design The 12-inch MacBook remains a beautiful piece of hardware, made of sturdy aluminum and measuring just 0.5 inches thick. Apple added a rose-gold color option to the mix, which I tested, to go along with space gray, gold and silver. Yes, the rose-gold MacBook has a pink hue to it, but I didn't mind being seen using this laptop on the bus or at Starbucks. After all, (at least some) guys wear power pink shirts, too. What I like most about the MacBook is that I can use it while commuting or flying and still have plenty of room to work when the person in front of me reclines. It's also so light that I would sometimes forget whether the notebook was in my backpack. By comparison, the aluminum-clad HP EliteBook Folio boasts an even thinner 0.47-inch profile and weighs a slightly heavier 2.2 pounds. But that's justified by the larger, 12.5-inch screen. With its 13-inch display, the Vaio Z weighs 2.56 pounds and is a chunkier 0.66 inches, while the Dell XPS 13 is 2.7 pounds and 0.33 to 0.6 inches thick. Lenovo's 14-inch ThinkPad X1 Carbon packs a much larger display and keyboard but weighs 2.6 pounds and is 0.59 to 0.65 inches thick. One-Port Problem The MacBook's extreme minimalism may be a selling point, but the lone USB Type-C port is still a problem for me. If I want to plug in the laptop's power cable and attach an external display or another device, such as the iPhone, at the same time, I need to connect the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter ($79), which has a power port, USB 3.0 port and HDMI port.Apple sells other adapters, including a $25 USB-C-to-Lightning cable (for iPhones and iPads) and a $19 USB-C-to-USB cable (for cameras and other USB devices). There are also third-party options from Belkin and SanDisk, including a 64GB USB-C flash drive ($79). There are plenty of other options available, too, but while the ecosystem of USB Type-C peripherals has grown, I still wish the MacBook would grow another USB Type-C port. Another bummer: You can't connect more than one monitor to the MacBook at the same time --something I do every day with the MacBook Pro. However, Pluggable claims that you can connect the MacBook to its Plugable USB-C Triple Display Docking Station to power multiple monitors. We were able to use this dock to power two external monitors at 2K resolution simultaneously (2048 x 1152) with one HDMI connection and one DVI, but the 4K output to a single monitor using this accessory wasn't reliable during our initial testing.

COJ-426186Rosmira H.
COJ-426186Rosmira H.
Miami, FL 2240 nw 114th ave unit zm

Me encanta mi Macbook Pro. Realmente lo hago. Excepto por el hecho de que tuve que conseguirlo reparado tres veces desde que lo compré. Como
un estudiante que le gusta jugar (así como almacenar toneladas de
trabajo de la escuela) me parece que se atasca REALMENTE rápido. Olvídate de jugar con los Sims 4. Olvídate de jugar a League, GTA, o incluso a Borderlands. Simplemente olvídate del juego en general. Dicho esto, la mayoría de los juegos ni siquiera vienen disponibles para jugar en Mac, por lo que es un gran negativo para mí. Ojalá supiera eso cuando lo compré. A
pesar de lo crummy que es para el juego, para el trabajo escolar es
adecuado si no estás en un programa que requiere software especial como
yo. Mi parte favorita acerca de la Macbook es lo fácil que es escribir en él, lo portátil que es, lo suave y elegante que es. Una de las razones principales que lo compré fue debido a cómo se veía, sin embargo, por lo que estoy satisfecho con él. Me
encanta el hecho de que puedo reajustarlo de fábrica una y otra vez y
funciona tan suavemente como el día que lo conseguí ... el mío puede ser
un poco defectuoso, ya que sigue muriendo en mí sin embargo. Estoy seguro de que mucha gente va a tarifa 5/5 y por una buena razón también! Mi revisión se centra en el hecho de que no es adecuado para mi estilo de vida en este momento. ¿Debo necesitar un ordenador portátil simple y fácil en el futuro, estoy seguro como el infierno está consiguiendo otro mac. Por ahora, voy a contemplar la obtención de una PC de escritorio para llenar los espacios en blanco que Mac no puede manejar
Emily L.
Emily L.
Ann Arbor, MI

Yes. Yes to all of it. Yes. YASSS. I can't recommend this enough (I have the 15" Macbook Pro with Retina Display). I never bought Apple products before because of the price but now, I don't think I'm ever leaving Apple (except for upgrading my PC parts to play video games). As a software developer in a consulting job, I am changing development environments every couple of months and it's never been easier. Installations on Windows were a huge pain and I can't believe I endured that now that I have this beautiful machine. Plus, in computer science courses in college, we are taught to become very familiar with UNIX, and Mac OS is essentially UNIX but with an intuitive and innovative user interface. I love how responsive the touchpad is, the feel of the keyboard, the retina display (omg), the ability to dim the screen to completely dark (lol random), the battery life, the compatibility with other Apple products and especially, the ease of use and navigation via Terminal. Even for the average user (non-programming/video-editing intensive users), it's not overkill to buy this, it's simply practical; it will last you years. Yeah, it took some time getting used to the controls after switching from PC but I don't think I'm ever going back to PC (again, except for gaming).
marie clairet a.
marie clairet a.

I love this computer is very small and portable. I love the fact that it is easy to use. The resolution is incredible !! I have this equipment before going to college. It has been a great investment.
Apple products are the only types of sophisticated electronic devices we have ever used in our home. We had a giant Mac desktop when I was born, and we bought a new generation every five years or so since. The professional has the same design and ease of use as all the other equipment I've used in the past - it's a Macintosh Classic computer.
As far as speed is concerned, it is very fast. I'm not fond of technology, so I can not vouch for exactly how fast, but it fits my needs perfectly. For a tip from a guy from Best Buy, I bought the 512 concert version to contain all the things I'm going to need to do successfully through college without upgrading. We have also put a three year warranty on it in case something goes wrong. The warranty package will cost about $ 200 extra, but I have the reassurance that I am covered if something goes wrong (I've had zero problems so far, though).
To summarize, this is a great computer for anyone who appreciates simplicity, likes the Apple interface, and is perfect for students in particular.
Zan F.
Zan F.

I believe apple has some of the most user friendly products. If you're not that tech savy and you want something of good quality, connectability, and innovation then the macbook pro may be the one for you. Some of my favorite programs to use are iTunes, Photo Booth, and Garage Band. They're really simple to use and if you run into problems they have great support tools online to assist. Another great feature is iCloud, which gives you the ability to connect all of your apple products through one itunes account. I personally own an iPad mini, an iPhone 6, a macbook pro, and an iPod that i use together to seamlessly keep all my devices updated. So when i make an update to my contacts it's automatically updated on my iPad. Apple consistently provides software updates to the operating system that provide bug fixes and new updates as well to further make their products easier to use. Another bonus for me was their recent expansion to iCloud which gave all users access to programs similar to Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, making those programs optional to purchase. With the quality, connectability, and innovation of this user friendly notebook it is sure to leave you satisfied!
Caleb M.
Caleb M.
Lynnwood, WA

It was, at first, very hard to swallow the pill that came with the Macbook Pro Retina 13.3" price tag, but once that was downed everything has been so amazing so far. My wife and I both invested (that's how you have to think of it as) in our Macbook's 18 months ago, and, insanely enough, have yet to skip a beat in that time we've had them. We both transitioned from PC to Mac, and, after the first month of getting used to everything, find it hard to go back for our work computers running Windows. Everything about the Macbook is stellar: performance, build quality, ease of use, plug and play style. Seriously, we cannot fathom another computing machine in our household. This is further entrenched by the usage of other Apple products in our house, only to further confirm the greatness of our current computer roster. These computers are built to last, while also being built to perform, and I have found no signs of the machine slowing down, even after a year or so of legit usage (Handbrake, Adobe, etc.). Super lightweight, and easy to find accessories for, this computer is a great addition to anyone.
Joe M.
Joe M.
Bartlett, IL

The Apple MacBook Pro might be the single greatest mobile laptop the modern world has ever developed. The retina display is as sharp as the highest end television. The processing speed, and the overall Macintosh software coincided with the terrific software that appears on the dock makes the $1500 investment seamless. From my personal experience, my MacBook Pro has never experienced any technical issues such as viruses, trojans or malware like the Windows system. The overall design of the computer physically is far superior than any Windows based platform laptop, and if you have noticed, most Windows laptops (Dell, HP, Accer, Asus, Lenovo, Samsung, etc.) have copied the principle design. When that occurs, you know the original product has hit a huge homerun with their platform. That platform so happens to be the extravagant Apple MacBook Pro. Besides the price, this laptop is flawless, and highly useful for productive college students. It will withstand the test of time, and is worthy of the financial investment.
Graciela D.
Graciela D.
Miami

I love this Mac, it is perfect for the entertainment, work, tasks and more, I consider that it is at an accessible price since it has been more expensive. It has no comparison with other computers never as it is with its multifunction and excellent quality, leave behind the other computers. I feel generally satisfied to be part of the Apple family as they are the best, I love highly recommended.
Claire S.
Claire S.
Chehalis, WA

Jerry H.
Jerry H.
Spring, TX

I'm anything but a fanboy. I use Windows when it's the best choice and Mac when it better meets the need. That said, my Macbook Pro (15" Retina) is the best-built computer I've ever owned. The absolutely solidity of its construction, the impeccable fit and finish, and a first-rate keyboard all combine to make it a genuine pleasure to use. It's my go-to choice for writing, lightweight graphics work, and in-bed surfing.

It's easy to think of the Macbook Pros as overpriced, but a careful comparison will show that this isn't necessarily true. Yes, it's pricey. Yes, Apple loves to sell yesterday's generation of procs and such at tomorrow's prices. But the truth is, if you want a Wintel laptop built this solidly, put together with this level of refinement, you'll find there's very little difference in price between the two.

Bottom line? For tasks like writing, lightweight graphics work, general productivity, and all-around useability, it's hard to do better.
Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.
Brooklyn, NY

So it’s time for a new laptop, but I can’t decide...should I go Macbook Pro or the Air? I hate heavy computers but if they’re almost the same, I am thinking Macbook Pro since it has more storage/features. Thoughts?
Renee P.
Renee P.
Monticello, IL

Is it worth the price?
Esme H.
Esme H.
Ballwin, MO

Is this worth the price? I've never used mac. I've only tried windows.
Christine T.
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY

Would you recommend purchasing a mac to someone whose only used vista and windows before?
Allison H.
Allison H.
Ferrum, VA

Is it worth the price (should I get it brand new or used)!!!!!!