BY APPLE #3 in Laptops

Retina Display The 13.3" display of this MacBook Pro features over 5 million pixels. The pixel density is so high your eyes won't be able to discern individual pixels. Now with a 2560 x 1600 native resolution, you can see more of your high-resolution images onscreen with pixel-for-pixel accuracy. The Retina display also reduces glare while maintaining incredible color and quality. In fact, it has a 29 percent higher contrast ratio than a standard MacBook Pro display. IPS technology gives you a wide, 178-degree view of everything on the screen, so you'll see the difference at practically any angle. Dual-Core 4th-Gen Haswell Intel Core i5 Performance The 4th-gen Haswell Intel Core i5 processor with a state-of-the-art 22-nanometer single-die microarchitecture in this MacBook Pro provides fast dual-core performance. Intel Hyper-Threading technology allows two threads to run simultaneously on each core. The dual cores can run at a stock speed of 2.8 GHz. The processor can be overclocked up to 3.3 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a 3MB L3 cache and 8GB of onboard 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM memory, this MacBook Pro can run professional applications like Aperture and Final Cut Pro with ease. Integrated Intel Iris Graphics This MacBook Pro features integrated Intel Iris graphics, which is perfect for both everyday tasks and graphics-intensive creative apps. Scroll through large photo albums with ease. Play games with amazing detail. Even connect an external display or two. All Flash Storage This MacBook Pro feels incredibly fluid and responsive. It's all thanks to its PCIe-based flash storage, which gives you up to 60 percent faster read and write performance than its predecessor. When you use apps like Final Cut Pro or Aperture, you can perform even the most demanding tasks right from your internal storage. And since this MacBook Pro comes with 512GB of flash storage, you can keep all your important files with you, inc

• Would this be a good work computer or is more geared towards being ...5 Answers
  • I want to invest in a MacBook so badly. What are the pros and cons ...1 Answers
  • hi bro-So it’s time for a new laptop, but I can’t decide...should I...1 Answers
Apple Macbook Pro
  • "It was a little hard to transition to using a Mac after using PC's for so long, but I could never go back for a personal computer." in 194 reviews
  • "best investment that i have ever made - with having my macbook pro for almost four years i have yet to have a problem with it *knocks on wood* i will never go back to any other type of computer in my life" in 128 reviews
  • "I wish it were a little bit more user friendly and didnt get scratched so easily, but the battery life is good and its dependable." in 86 reviews
  • "I had the memory on my laptop upgraded once three years ago so that I could store all of the pictures taken when I picked up photography as a hobby... shortly after my son was born." in 72 reviews
  • "Coming To Technical Aspects, Apple adds new Intel CPUs, faster memory, longer battery life and its new Force Touch trackpad to the standard 13-inch MacBook Pro, which keeps its generous selection of ports." in 70 reviews
Mason G.
Mason G.
Colorado Springs, CO
t's best to think of the 2016 MacBook as a MacBook S. Similar to the evolution from the iPhone 6 to the iPhone 6s, Apple didn't revamp the design for its ultraslim 2-pound laptop. Instead, the company focused mostly on internal upgrades for the 12-inch MacBook ($1,299 to start; $1,599 as configured). These enhancements include a more powerful 6th-generation Core M processor, faster flash storage and an extra hour of battery life. This is a more capable sequel for sure. For this kind of money, though, I wanted more -- namely, an extra USB Type-C port and other improvements. Design The 12-inch MacBook remains a beautiful piece of hardware, made of sturdy aluminum and measuring just 0.5 inches thick. Apple added a rose-gold color option to the mix, which I tested, to go along with space gray, gold and silver. Yes, the rose-gold MacBook has a pink hue to it, but I didn't mind being seen using this laptop on the bus or at Starbucks. After all, (at least some) guys wear power pink shirts, too. What I like most about the MacBook is that I can use it while commuting or flying and still have plenty of room to work when the person in front of me reclines. It's also so light that I would sometimes forget whether the notebook was in my backpack. By comparison, the aluminum-clad HP EliteBook Folio boasts an even thinner 0.47-inch profile and weighs a slightly heavier 2.2 pounds. But that's justified by the larger, 12.5-inch screen. With its 13-inch display, the Vaio Z weighs 2.56 pounds and is a chunkier 0.66 inches, while the Dell XPS 13 is 2.7 pounds and 0.33 to 0.6 inches thick. Lenovo's 14-inch ThinkPad X1 Carbon packs a much larger display and keyboard but weighs 2.6 pounds and is 0.59 to 0.65 inches thick. One-Port Problem The MacBook's extreme minimalism may be a selling point, but the lone USB Type-C port is still a problem for me. If I want to plug in the laptop's power cable and attach an external display or another device, such as the iPhone, at the same time, I need to connect the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter ($79), which has a power port, USB 3.0 port and HDMI port.Apple sells other adapters, including a $25 USB-C-to-Lightning cable (for iPhones and iPads) and a $19 USB-C-to-USB cable (for cameras and other USB devices). There are also third-party options from Belkin and SanDisk, including a 64GB USB-C flash drive ($79). There are plenty of other options available, too, but while the ecosystem of USB Type-C peripherals has grown, I still wish the MacBook would grow another USB Type-C port. Another bummer: You can't connect more than one monitor to the MacBook at the same time --something I do every day with the MacBook Pro. However, Pluggable claims that you can connect the MacBook to its Plugable USB-C Triple Display Docking Station to power multiple monitors. We were able to use this dock to power two external monitors at 2K resolution simultaneously (2048 x 1152) with one HDMI connection and one DVI, but the 4K output to a single monitor using this accessory wasn't reliable during our initial testing.

Jerry H.
Jerry H.
Spring, TX
I'm anything but a fanboy. I use Windows when it's the best choice and Mac when it better meets the need. That said, my Macbook Pro (15" Retina) is the best-built computer I've ever owned. The absolutely solidity of its construction, the impeccable fit and finish, and a first-rate keyboard all combine to make it a genuine pleasure to use. It's my go-to choice for writing, lightweight graphics work, and in-bed surfing.

It's easy to think of the Macbook Pros as overpriced, but a careful comparison will show that this isn't necessarily true. Yes, it's pricey. Yes, Apple loves to sell yesterday's generation of procs and such at tomorrow's prices. But the truth is, if you want a Wintel laptop built this solidly, put together with this level of refinement, you'll find there's very little difference in price between the two.

Bottom line? For tasks like writing, lightweight graphics work, general productivity, and all-around useability, it's hard to do better.
McKenzie C.
McKenzie C.
Leesburg, OH
I got my MacBook Pro a little over a year ago. Before that, I'd only ever used PCs. Now, I can't imagine going back. It's super easy to figure everything out. The battery life's superb. Plus, the display is absolutely gorgeous. (Even the preinstalled wallpapers are better than a PC's). I've recommended Macs to several of my friends and coworkers. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone in the market for a new computer. You may pay a lot more up front, but Macs last so much longer than PCs. I've actually had less issues with my laptop than most of my friends at school with PCs. And the best part: if you have a college id and you buy it directly from the Apple store, you can get a huge deal. I ended up getting about $100 off and no interest for 18 months!
Zoe F.
Zoe F.
Royal Oak, MI
I have been a long-time Macbook Pro user. I've had the white model, the 13" aluminum model, and now I have a 15" Retina Pro, and I will never go back to PCs. I have had so few issues with my Macbooks that it's not even comparable to ALL of the issues I've had with PCs; my Macbook runs faster, maintains its quality over time, has frequent software updates, weighs less, and does more. It doesn't get too hot, it has a great battery life, and I just can't compare it at all to a PC because it's far better. While these are pricy computers, they're worth the investment - every time I've ever had an issue with an MBP, I've taken it to Apple and as long as you're nice, they'll generally help you out free of charge (in my experience).
Rachel T.
Rachel T.
Leominster, MA
Of course when I went to college, I hopped on the bandwagon and got a Mac. I'll admit at first, it's a little confusing to navigate (my parents still can't) but once you get used to it, it's easy and convenient to use. There are times though, when it functions a little weird; I've had it reset randomly on me and I don't know if it's from a virus or what.... It's pretty fast, but it doesn't take long for it to slow down from when you originally bought it. Overall, it's a really nice computer, and having an iPhone, it's nice to hook up my music and iMessage to the computer, but I won't lie and say it's not the least bit overrated like most Apple products are. Still even if it's not perfect it's a pretty nice computer!
Divya R.
Divya R.
Camas, WA
This was my very first apple product that I ever bought in my life. I did not realize what I was missing out on, until I purchased and started using this Laptop. I waited a long time before I made a decision to pull the trigger here and I am really glad I did. I love the way I can have several different admin and different profiles that are totally independent of each other. The graphics are amazingly clear. I love taking pictures so this laptop has a lot of memory for storing movies, photos and other stuff. Lightning fast processing. Thin and lightweight for portability. Apple is extremely user friendly. Be confident with making this purchase. MacBooks are pricey, but worth the price in the long run
Jess G.
Jess G.
I always said MacBook Pro's were too expensive.. Not worth so much money.. But one day I decided to buy one for school and it has been a life changer! I own an iPhone & iPad so I'm able to connect all my devices together. This one of many awesome features has saved me from turning in late work. I've forgotten my laptop at home or my iPad but luckily since they're all synced together I was able to quickly print out my assignments I had on my laptop and turn them in on time.
Working with the Apple software is so simple, clean and easy to use. I love it. I've had my MacBook Pro for more than 4 years and still works flawlessly. Highly recommend for other college students.
Gabriela G.
Gabriela G.
Walden, NY
Best laptop on the market. I used Windows during my middle school to high school and early college years because that's what my mother could afford (HP computers with Windows) however once I got my first job in college, I saved up and bought a macbook and it was the best thing I ever did. I started out with a Macbook 13.3" (the old school white ones from 2007) and then I just upgraded to a Macbook Pro this year. Amazing machinery that lasts. PS: the only reason I upgraded was because Google chrome would not update on the software I had and it was getting outdated. overall my original macbook was working perfectly and still fast while having multiple programs running.
Tali G.
Tali G.
Brooklyn, NY
I used to have an HP laptop that was sooooo heavy and I've used for years and I never really liked it haha. It ended up breaking down on me suddenly out of no where. My brother is an IT and he himself told me it's a bad computer... I'm a student and I couldn't afford buying myself a laptop so I basically ran around a year without a computer - don't know how I survived. Long story short, I got this Mac laptop for my birthday and I was hoooookedddd!!! And I'm not even an apple fan. These computers are just so simple, light, and I especially love that I don't have to worry about viruses like with my old laptop since I am not at all computer savvy!!!
Nicole T.
Nicole T.
Allendale, MI
As a photography student am I really pleased with he retina display and the speed. Photoshop really used to bog down my computer, but with this laptop there is no change in speed. I also love that there are no spinning parts, it makes it easier and less damaging to take it to class. I also enjoy the lightweight laptop. The only problem I have encountered was that it was also having some problems a few months after I purchased it, it had to do with the computer constantly thinking it was overheating. It was really disappointing to already have to take in my computer for repairs. Afterwards though it never gave any trouble.
Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.
Brooklyn, NY
So it’s time for a new laptop, but I can’t decide...should I go Macbook Pro or the Air? I hate heavy computers but if they’re almost the same, I am thinking Macbook Pro since it has more storage/features. Thoughts?
Renee P.
Renee P.
Monticello, IL
Is it worth the price?
Esme H.
Esme H.
Ballwin, MO
Is this worth the price? I've never used mac. I've only tried windows.
Christine T.
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Would you recommend purchasing a mac to someone whose only used vista and windows before?
Allison H.
Allison H.
Ferrum, VA
Is it worth the price (should I get it brand new or used)!!!!!!