BY APPLE #1 in Laptops

MacBook Air lasts up to an incredible 12 hours between charges. So from your morning coffee till your evening commute, you can work unplugged. When it’s time to kick back and relax, you can get up to 12 hours of iTunes movie playback. And with up to 30 days of standby time, you can go away for weeks and pick up right where you left off.*

• Who else owns one?3 Answers
  • Which brand of laptops do you think is good?7 Answers
  • Which would you recommend as a first Apple laptop? The air or pro? 11 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Violeta V.
Pros:
-Brilliant display. It's very bright. The keyboard is lit so that helps with late night homework.
- Easy to learn and navigate. Even with non-apple products. I downloaded word and it works great on this mac, as does PowerPoint.
- Lightweight. This thing is so easy to carry. In my undergrad I had a traditional laptop, and it was so heavy to carry on campus. I have this one in a small sleeve and it is very easy to transport back and forth.
- Quiet - this thing does not make a lot of noise when typing. The key stroke isn't as deep, so the click isn't as loud, which is nice when you're in class taking notes.
- Excellent sound system - its speakers are clear and LOUD. Great for when you just have to have an impromptu dance party while making dinner with your kids :)
- Good battery life - I use this thing daily, and have to charge it about once a week, maybe twice a week depending on how much late night surfing I'm doing.
- Fast - it has great processing time. I'm constantly taking pictures on my phone and airdropping them to the MacBook Air (what can I say, my cloud is already full!). It takes literally seconds for this thing to download 35+ pictures.
- it has a USB port still. The newer MacBook Pro does not, which would drive me nuts!

Cons
I will say it can be a bit cumbersome to use the pad. I like a traditional mouse better, but this is easily resolved by attaching a wireless mouse (which I have for this computer - thank you USB port!)
It doesn't have a CD drive (bummer for watching dvds/playing cds)
Anna C.
I have had MacBooks for years and years and years, and I love them. I do prefer them over PC in most situations because they're very user-friendly and they can do a lot without the complicated lingo (I have to teach my parents how to use technology, so I find that Apple is just generally easier).

I have been a college student for over ten years, and I greatly prefer the MacBook Air over any other laptop that has been offered. The battery life is the first thing. I find that the battery lasts much longer than PC laptop batteries, so that allows me to take notes in lecture halls without outlets, and work on my lab reports and write research papers in a cafe all without my laptop shutting down on me. I also don't have to worry about opening my laptop to quickly do something and have it tell me that it's shutting down to update software.

In my opinion, it's very difficult to "break" a MacBook. To me, you'd have to be actively trying to do something to it for it to malfunction, but that is not saying that they never do. I have owned many, but none of them have malfunctioned, though they have physically broken before (MacBook Air, 1st Generation, Screen Hinge-gate, lololol).

The reason I rated this four stars is because I think people give five stars for things just willy-nilly, but also because the MacBooks that I have had tend to slow down to slower than a crawl. This takes years, and it's ordinary with many computers, but in my experience, it's slower than what a PC has done for me.
Skyler M.
Seattle, WA
I got this laptop two years ago and I still am using it for college. I actually love the layout of the home and all the the features and hidden features on my laptop. I can get all my schoolwork done, I never get viruses or hacking type issues, the battery life in my opinion is great, I feel like I’m always connected to WiFi when other people’s laptops can’t connect. Even though I should get a regular PC for gaming, it sucks not being able to play many games on the Mac, not only because of limited space but also because so many games aren’t compatible with Macs either. I feel like my laptop fills up with space so fast and I can’t seem to ever have enough space for documents and files on my computer so I’m constantly having to decide what I’m going to have to delete so I can make room on my computer. That being said, I love my Mac and I’m glad I have it!
Bridgett P.
Canyon, TX
I might love this laptop more than I love my boyfriend. I've had mine for almost 5 years & haven't experienced a single technical problem. Though I've noticed that it's a little slower & the battery doesn't last quite as long as it did when I first purchased, it still far exceeds my expectations of speed & the battery life of every non-apple laptop I've owned- especially for being 5 years old. I have the most basic model & memory has never been an issue. It also doesn't get hot like a PC!

The reason I went with an Air over a Pro was simply due to weight: I wanted the lightest, smallest laptop possible for commutes across campus. I'm glad I did because even though I'm out of school now it still makes life super easy. Dreading the day I have to replace it (although it doesn't look like it's gonna be any time soon!) because I love it so, so much.

My ONLY complaint is that there isn't a CD drive. They do have external ones that plug into the USB for about $80. In 5 years I've only had to use mine once, & it was for a class assignment.
Melody N.
Chatsworth, GA
#giftcrush @influenster #love #christmasgift I’m so in love with my MacBook Air 2017! Best Christmas gift ever 😍 if I’m on it and my iPhone 7+ is in another room charging and I get a text or call, it pops right up on my MacBook! Also photo editing is a breeze, with professional quality editing available right from the start! With this kind of technology you don’t have to download a thousand apps, you have everything you need at your figure tips! It was a little pricey at $1299 but so very worth it for the quality! It is literally thin as air hence the name “MacBook Air” very durable and light weight to manage day to day activity without the bulk! Thanks #Apple #ILoveMyGiftCrush
Nat A.
I've had my MacBook Air since 2014 4 years later and a few hardware troubles its still running great. The speakers are really loud which is great because you don't have to turn your music up all the way to get great sound quality. The battery life is exceptional, It does last for I'd say more than half the day before you need to charge it up again. As far as camera quality, i't really the best I thought about using it as my vlog camera mainly because my vlogs will be mostly sit down and this camera quality is nice.
Andrea R.
Words cannot express how much I love my laptop. After years of owning PCs and getting frustrated when they would start to slow down and not work as properly I decided to make the switch and I will never go back. It is super fast, gorgeous, and very easy to take traveling or even to school. I own the 13 inch one and I got it during Black Friday with some other coupons and I made the investment. It is definitely worth it if you can save up or just have the money for it. Best laptop I have ever owned hands down!
Mia F.
Hillsboro, OR
I have a 2014 13” MacBook Air that I love so much. This was my first Apple computer, and I primarily used it for schoolwork at the time. Now, 3 1/2 years later, I use it for blogging, running my business and editing all my photos and videos! I love that this laptop is lightweight, easy to set up and use and works so well with all my other apple devices and all my work projects.
Amela F.
Lansing, MI
I got this laptop before I started college three years ago, and it still works pretty well. I’ve also dropped it like a million times and not one dent or issue. My only problem is the memory, I can delete everything and still somehow have not enough room. My only solution to this is factory resetting the laptop but it gets annoying when you have important stuff to keep.
Merle S.
I purchased my Air after realizing that my iPad wouldn't allow me to get onto the websites that I needed for my job. I love how integrated everything is since I'm an apple head. I find the adjustment from Pc to Mac has been pretty stream lined and it is easy to find information online on how to use short cuts etc. I would recommend a Mac book Air in a second.
Sydney H.
Midlothian, VA
Is it really worth the money?
Hannah E.
Is this worth the money? I have been considering saving my money up for this laptop but is is really worth the money?
Marchere G.
Reading,pa
Hp or Mac ?
D'Angelic S.
Hague, VA
I'm about to be a college freshman. Can you get Microsoft word. power point and etc on it? would you recommend it to a college student?
Andrea S.
Kaukauna, WI
Is the MacBook Air better than the MacBook Pro?