Apple MacBook 12

Apple MacBook 12"

BY APPLE #5 in Laptops

MacBook: Light. Years ahead.

Our goal with MacBook was to do the impossible: engineer a full‑size experience into the thinnest, lightest Mac notebook yet. And not only is it compact — it’s more powerful than ever. The new MacBook delivers up to 20 percent faster performance with new seventh‑generation Intel Core m3, i5, and i7 processors,1 and up to 50 percent faster SSD storage.

• 13.1mm thin
  • 2lb. light
  • 12-inch Retina display
  • Up to 10hrs battery life

More muscle in every millimeter.

Now equipped with seventh-generation Intel Core processors, MacBook is snappier than ever. From daily tasks like launching apps and opening files to more advanced computing, you can power through your day thanks to faster SSDs and Turbo Boost processing up to 3.6GHz.

We squeezed the most into it. And out of it.

Each component inside MacBook has been meticulously designed to get the most out of an incredibly thin and light enclosure. We chose powerful yet highly efficient processors, and optimized macOS to draw on the processor using as little power as possible. Because no fan is needed to cool the computer, it has more room for battery cells to support you on the go, all day long.

Processor:

Inside you’ll find seventh-generation Intel Core m3, i5, and i7 processors with 14-nanometer process technology. This lets MacBook expertly combine energy efficiency with the performance needed to take on all sorts of tasks.

• Up to 20% faster performance
  • Up to 3.6GHz Turbo Boost processing

Fanless architecture:

MacBook was built for virtually silent performance. Its processor runs on just 5 watts of power, which generates less heat and eliminates the need for a fan to cool the computer. Instead, the logic board is seated on an anisotropic graphite sheet that helps disperse any heat. So you won’t hear a thing while your MacBook is hard at work.

Storage and memory:

Though its components are tiny, MacBook has an impressive capacity to store the files and run the applications you need every day. With up to 16GB of 1866MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory and up to 512GB of SSD storage, you get an amazingly thin and light notebook with snappy performance.

Battery:  35% more capacity than standard technology would allow

To achieve all-day battery life, we needed to use every millimeter of space inside MacBook. So we created an innovative terraced battery cell, custom shaped to fit the specific contours of the enclosure. The result is 35 percent more battery cell capacity than would have been possible before.

A Retina display that takes everything to the edge.

The stunning 12-inch Retina display on MacBook is truly something to behold. With over 3 million pixels and edge-to-edge glass, every image leaps off the screen in rich, vibrant detail. All on an amazingly thin Retina display.

• 2304×1440 resolution
  • 16:10 aspect ratio
  • 178° viewing angle

To deliver the gorgeous Retina experience, we designed the pixels to create a larger aperture. This lets more light pass through, allowing us to use more energy-efficient LED backlighting, yet achieve the same vivid brightness.

A keyboard refined for an even better hands-on experience.

We believe that a comfortable, full-size keyboard is an essential part of any notebook. To fit one into MacBook, we designed a keyboard from the ground up — including each key and its underlying mechanism. This makes the whole keyboard not only much thinner, but also more comfortable and precise, so your fingers feel right at home.

Enhanced butterfly mechanism. Key to the keyboard.

Now, with our second-generation butterfly mechanism, the keyboard experience is refined for greater comfort and responsiveness. So when your finger strikes a key, it goes down and bounces back with a crisp motion that you’ll appreciate the moment you start typing.

The Force Touch trackpad. Press a little deeper, do a lot more.

The pressure-sensing capabilities of the Force Touch trackpad allow you to tell your MacBook what you want it to do based on subtle differences in pressure. Click anywhere to perform a variety of actions in different apps, all on the same surface, without lifting a finger. And the Taptic Engine provides haptic feedback that adds a sense of touch to what you see on the screen.

Multi-Touch. Precise control at your fingertips.

Multi-Touch gestures make it easy and intuitive to interact with your MacBook. Scroll in any direction, swipe through web pages, pinch, rotate, or Force click to unlock other useful capabilities.

Force click: Click and continue to press on the trackpad to enable new capabilities, like looking up the definition of a word, previewing a file in the Finder, or creating a new Calendar event when you Force click a date in the text of an email.

Accelerators: Gradually add pressure to the trackpad to vary the speed with which you fast-forward through a QuickTime movie or zoom in on a location in Maps.

Pressure-sensitive drawing: Press lightly for a thin stroke or harder for a thick one when marking up a Mail attachment or creating a signature for forms in Preview.

Connect to everything you love. Anywhere you go.

With powerful technologies in an incredibly compact enclosure, MacBook is designed to fit perfectly into a world where just about anything you do with a notebook can be done over the air. For those moments when you do need to plug in, USB-C packs a ton of capability into one small and convenient port.

USB-C. Singularly versatile.

The USB-C port puts everything you need in a port all in one place. It provides charging, speedy USB data transfer (up to 5Gb/s), and video output in a reversible design that’s one-third the size of a USB 3 port, giving you the flexibility to easily connect your favorite devices.

Fully equipped for a wireless world.

MacBook takes full advantage of the latest 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technologies — and with innovative Apple software and services that let you get the most out of them, you can wirelessly connect to the web, transfer files, organize your photos, listen to music, and more.

macOS

macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS High Sierra brings new forward-looking technologies and enhanced features to your Mac. It’s macOS at its highest level yet.

Finish: Rose Gold / Space Gray / Gold / Silver

Display:

Retina display

• 12-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology
  • 2304-by-1440 resolution at 226 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
  • 16:10 aspect ratio

Supported scaled resolutions:

• 1440 by 900
  • 1280 by 800
  • 1024 by 640

Processor:

1.2GHz:

1.2GHz dual-core Intel Core m3, Turbo Boost up to 3.0GHz, with 4MB L3 cache
Configurable to 1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz, with 4MB L3 cache; or 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz, with 4MB shared L3 cache

1.3GHz:

1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz, with 4MB L3 cache
Configurable to 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz, with 4MB L3 cache

Memory:

• 8GB of 1866MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
  • Configurable to 16GB of memory

Storage:

• 256GB PCIe-based onboard SSD
  • 512GB PCIe-based onboard SSD

Size and Weight:

• Height: 0.14–0.52 inch (0.35–1.31 cm)
  • Width: 11.04 inches (28.05 cm)
  • Depth: 7.74 inches (19.65 cm)
  • Weight: 2.03 pounds (0.92 kg)

Graphics and Video Support:

• Intel HD Graphics 615
  • Dual display and video mirroring: simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz on an external display, both at millions of colors

Operating System: macOS High Sierra

Accessibility:

Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook. With built-in support for vision, hearing, physical and motor skills, and learning and literacy, you can create and do amazing things.

Features include:

• iBooks
  • App Store
  • Time Machine

Limited Warranty and Service:

Our MacBook comes with 90 days of complimentary technical support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase AppleCare+ for Mac to extend your coverage to three years from your computer’s purchase date and add up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee of $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or $299 for other repairable damage, plus applicable tax.

Accessories:

• AppleCare+ for Mac

In the Box:

• MacBook
  • 29W USB-C Power Adapter
  • USB-C Charge Cable (2 m)

Configure to Order:

1.2GHz model:

• 1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz, with 4MB shared L3 cache; or 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz, with 4MB shared L3 cache
  • 16GB of 1866MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory

1.3GHz model:

• 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz, with 4MB shared L3 cache
  • 16GB of 1866MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory

MacBook and the Environment: Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact.

MacBook is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:

• Mercury‑free display
  • Arsenic-free display glass
  • BFR-free
  • PVC-free
  • Beryllium-free
  • Highly recyclable aluminum enclosure
  • Meets ENERGY STAR Version 6.1 requirements
  • Rated EPEAT Gold

Recycling: Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization.

Apple MacBook 12
Apple MacBook 12"
Buy on Walmart
Alex B.
Alex B.
I love my gold MacBook. First off, the color gives it great resale value when I upgrade to a new MacBook laptop in the future. Secondly, the boot-up time is impressive--in seconds. Although I got my laptop with educational pricing ($1249) MacBooks can still be very pricey. But, I really think the MacBook is worth the price. Apple's newly renamed Mac OS is very fast, visually-pleasing, and extremely easy to use. What's more, any webpage that you have open on another Apple device can be loaded from your Mac. And, if a call comes into your iPhone, it will notify you on your Mac...you can even answer on your laptop! Another awesome (and new) feature is that any news source of your choosing can send you notifications about important updates. Your MacBook can also send you push notifications about upcoming events and incoming emails and texts, so you don't even have to leave Safari to find out who sent you a message.
Elizabeth S.
Elizabeth S.
Green Bay, WI
The 2015 Apple MacBook Air 13-inch outmuscles its Core M-equipped competitors, and does so with even more battery life. The classic design of its chassis is one that other ultraportables have been trying to emulate for the past 5 years, with varying degrees of success, but the original still looks fresh. It's a lot of laptop for the money, especially if you need to work untethered for a majority of the day and on your commute. It has 4GB less memory than the configuration we tested last year, but it's also $100 less expensive. You'll have to decide if you multitask enough to make the extra expense worth it. But given its solid performance, and especially its impressive battery life, the Apple MacBook Air 13-inch offers more than enough to supplant its predecessor as our Editors' Choice midrange ultraportable laptop.
Ramya T.
Ramya T.
This is a great computer if you can live with the trade-offs. Keyboard is a little shallow and will take some getting used to, lack of ports are cons. The default available screen resolutions are a bit big and kindergarten, but because it uses a retina display, I use quickres from the app store to bring it to 1920x1200 resolution and it is a mean machine then. NO issues dealing with visualization of numbers then. Battery life is about 10hrs, the weight is only about 2lbs, it runs cool and there are no fans. Runs some games, I suppose, but don't bother. I can think up half a dozen features to improve it that would double or triple the price, but for writing, reading, web browsing, and email on the go this can't be beat.
Aiyana B.
Aiyana B.
I bought this in rose gold and I have mixed feelings about it. I'm not particularly fond of the mouse situation, you have to physically click the mouse, not just tap. So that is my biggest issue. But I love the color and the size. It's perfect to bring back and forth for school. I have two other laptops (Making this my 3rd) and so far I have really liked the operating system. It's quick and I also love that it links up with all my other products so I can get my iMessages, photos, everything I need all in one spot. The price wasn't too bad. I got a student discount with my school ID and they were willing to let me do a payment plan which helped me out a LOT. Overall super glad I got it!
Kristen E.
Kristen E.
I have used other types of computers (both desktop and laptops) and prefer Apple 100%. I love using the Apple MacBook as the retina display is so clear and does not have a grainy affect like some other laptops do at times. It is easy to use if you are already comfortable with Mac's and is super easy to learn how to use if you are new to the Apple world. Although the pricing may be higher than other laptops, it is worth the price as they are made well, are faster, have more design capabilities and last longer in my opinion. I have owned 2 MacBooks, one that is 5 years old and another that is almost a year old and both are still in perfect shape and work amazing!
Camille R.
Camille R.
Snellville, GA
I've used Mac for years since 7th grade until now, currently in college. I owned a Macbook pro 13" and not long ago down-sized to a Macbook 12". My 13" is still working perfectly fine for owning it since 10th grade (as long as you are knowledgeable of how to maintain a MacBook it shouldn't slow down). But the reason I switched was the 12" is much easier to carry around a college campus because its so light. The sleek design is great and you have color options and no basic silver. The keyboard did take a little time getting used to. If you do more heavy duty programming I would recommend a Macbook Pro, just keep in mind about the weight.
kierra w.
kierra w.
Macon, GA
Apple Inc. is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Cupertino, California, that designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and online services. Its hardware products include the iPhone smartphone, the iPad tablet computer, the Mac personal computer, the iPod portable media player, and the Apple Watch smartwatch. Apple's consumer software includes the OS X and iOS operating systems, the iTunes media player, the Safari web browser, and the iLife and iWork creativity and productivity suites. Its online services include the iTunes Store, the iOS App Store and Mac App Store, and iCloud.
Shreya G.
Shreya G.
Cary, NC
I am in LOVE with my mac!!! The gold color is absolutely stunning and gorgeous, and the keyboard and track pad look flat and amazing. The whole design is very thin and sleek and really user friendly. For size comparions, the whole mac (size wise not thickness) is about the size of a 1in binder. Instead of buying a laptop case, I just use my tablet case, and it works perfectly. The only reason I gave it a 4 star review is because 1) There is no USB jack, only a headphone jack and 2) There is a unique charger only for this mac. None of the previous mac chargers will work with it. No matter, this mac is still my diamond!
Viona C.
Viona C.
Flushing, NY
I love my macbook! It gets laggy overtime though and I've switched it with an SSD to prevent that. But overall, I don't think I can ever go back to a window. Macbooks are actually a little heavier than you would expect it to be, but they're sleek and still pretty easy to carry. You can recharge this via USB-C. The display is great with Retina. Hard to describe but very noticeable. You can always change the settings according to what you like past. Track pad is easy to use. You can adjust all the settings from the lighting on the keyboard to screen. Battery life isn't bad. Just don't kill your macbook.
Soren C.
Soren C.
Durham, NC
Love my Mac!! I switched from a Toshiba about a year ago and I am more and more thankful for my decision every day! The battery life is phenomenal, and since I'm a student, I work on it about 7-8 hours a day. I always recommend Apple to friends who are thinking about switching. The interface is so simple to learn and use, in addition to being clean. Adjustable lighting and sound are so convenient, especially in class. 10/10, would recommend.
cristal s.
cristal s.
N Las Vegas, NV
Is this travel size or is it bulky in size
Siarel V.
Siarel V.
Wesley chapel, Fl
I have been recently looking for a laptop for school and I have always had a good experience with Apple products.It's this a good laptop to buy from Apple? It's it easy to understand?
Wendy C.
Wendy C.
Trail, BC
Good for travel
Fadoua a.
Fadoua a.
Berrechid
Hi dear  My name is (fadoua ben abdelghafour ) Creator of “almohtarifa-channel”, a blog review website that focuses on mobile technology and related accessories and beauty .... I would like to inform you that i have met the requirements of your options . I will promote your Website and review your product to  followers on my Youtube Channel as well as I will promote this on my Facebook Page contains almost 8.677 followers .  Good News !!!!  I will post your website and product review on my Facebook page for FREE !!!! YES for Free  What are you still waiting for !!! Hit me up now and enjoy the promotion with me .  Best Regards
Dalia E.
Dalia E.
sfax
I always have a problem with viruses in my pc. Does it have a protection against viruses ?