Apple Mac Mini

It’s mini in a massive way.

Mac mini is an affordable powerhouse that packs the entire Mac experience into a 7.7-inch-square frame. Just connect your own display, keyboard, and mouse, and you’re ready to make big things happen.

Just big enough to fit everything you want in a desktop.

Mac mini makes everyday tasks a breeze with fourth-generation Intel Core processors, a flash storage option that’s up to 50 percent faster, and wireless performance up to three times quicker than its predecessor. With Intel Iris Graphics or Intel HD Graphics 5000, it also delivers graphics performance up to 90 percent faster than the previous generation. And with great connectivity features like Thunderbolt 2 and support for HDTV, Mac mini makes the perfect centerpiece to any setup.

Powerfully petite.

Carved from a solid block of aluminum, Mac mini has a seamless, unique look that is unmistakably Mac. At less than an inch and a half tall and under three pounds, it keeps a low profile without sacrificing functionality. And it’s still the world’s most energy-efficient desktop computer — it doesn’t just meet ENERGY STAR requirements, it exceeds them up to seven times over. With a computer this compact, the only question is what to do with all that free desk space.

macOS. It’s why there’s nothing else like a Mac.

macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS High Sierra brings new forward-looking technologies and enhanced features to your Mac. It’s macOS at its highest level yet.

Great built-in apps for work and play.

Every new Mac comes with Photos, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. So you can be creative and productive right from the start. You also get great apps for email, surfing the web, sending texts, and making FaceTime calls - there’s even an app for
finding new apps.

Processor:

1. 1.4GHz:

• 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) with 3MB on-chip shared L3 cache

2. 2.6GHz:

• 2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz) with 3MB on-chip shared L3 cache
  • Configurable to 3.0GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz) with 4MB on-chip shared L3 cache.

3. 2.8GHz

• 2.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 3MB on-chip shared L3 cache

Storage:

• 1. 500GB (5400-rpm) hard drive. Configurable to 1TB Fusion Drive.
  • 2. 1TB (5400-rpm) hard drive. Configurable to 1TB Fusion Drive or 256GB of flash storage (SSD).
  • 3. 1TB Fusion Drive. Configurable to 2TB Fusion Drive or 256GB, 512GB or 1TB of flash storage (SSD).

Memory:

• 1. 4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 memory. Configurable to 8GB or 16GB.
  • 2. 8GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 memory. Configurable to 16GB.
  • 3. 8GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 memory. Configurable to 16GB.

Graphics:

• 1. Intel HD Graphics 5000
  • 2. Intel Iris Graphics
  • 3. Intel Iris Graphics

Size:

• Depth: 7.7 Inches(19.7 cm)
  • Width: 7.7 Inches(19.7 cm)
  • Height: 1.4 Inches(3.6 cm)

Weight:

• 1. 2.6 pounds (1.19 kg)
  • 2. 2.6 pounds (1.20 kg)
  • 3. 2.7 pounds (1.22 kg)

Video Support:

Support for up to two displays at 2560 by 1600 pixels, both at millions of colors. DVI output using HDMI to DVI Adapter (sold separately)

Thunderbolt digital video output:

• Native Mini DisplayPort output
  • DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
  • VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
  • Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)

HDMI video output:

• Support for 1080p resolution at up to 60Hz
  • Support for 3840-by-2160 resolution at 30Hz
  • Support for 4096-by-2160 resolution at 24Hz

Audio:

• Audio line in minijack (digital/analog)
  • Audio line out/3.5 mm headphone jack (digital/analog)
  • HDMI port supports multichannel audio output
  • Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
  • Built-in speaker

Connections and Expansions:

• Two Thunderbolt 2 ports (up to 20 Gbps)
  • Four USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
  • HDMI port
  • IR receiver

Communications:

• Wi-Fi: 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/g/b/n compatible
  • Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
  • Ethernet: 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)

Electrical and Operating Requirements:

• Line voltage: 100-240V AC
  • Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
  • Maximum continuous power: 85W
  • Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
  • Storage temperature: -40° to 116° F (-40° to 47° C)
  • Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
  • Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
  • Sound pressure level (operator position): 12dBA at idle

Limited Warranty and Service:

Your Mac mini comes with 90 days of complimentary technical support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase AppleCare+ for Mac to extend your coverage to three years from your computer’s purchase date and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee of $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or $299 for other repairable damage, plus applicable tax.

Operating System: macOS High Sierra

Accessibility:

Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new Mac mini. With built-in support for vision, hearing, physical and motor skills, and learning and literacy, you can create and do amazing things.

Features include:

• 1TB Fusion Drive

2.6GHz:

• 3.0GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor
  • 1TB Fusion Drive
  • 256GB flash storage (SSD)

2.8GHz

• 3.0GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor
  • 2TB Fusion Drive
  • 256GB flash storage (SSD)
  • 512GB flash storage (SSD)
  • 1TB flash storage (SSD)

In the Box:

• Mac mini
  • Power cord

Mac mini and the Environment: Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact.

Mac mini is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:

• BFR-free
  • PVC-free
  • Highly recyclable aluminum enclosure
  • Meets ENERGY STAR 6.1 requirements
  • Rated EPEAT Gold

Recycling: Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization.

How well does this work?
Start your review of Apple Mac Mini!
How would you rate this product?
I recently purchased a Mini Mac by Apple. It is compact size so easy to move from place to place when necessary. The program software is not as easy to use as windows on a PC, however I'm just getting started and I'm sure soon it will become second nature.
Vienna
I love the power of this little machine. It's much more affordable than i Mac but still gives you a lot of the same capabilities. The only downfall really is that it is a headless unit but if you already have a nice monitor you don't have to worry about.
Great as a home server or a tv computer, relatively inexpensive as a gateway into Apple ecosystem. Definitely popular for a valid reason. Improvement could be an integrated apple tv type of hybrid.

Greensboro, NC
My Mac Mini is a late 2012 model. I'm honestly not the biggest Mac fan, but I received it through an old job. Mine has 8GB of RAM and is upgradeable. It's more than fast enough to do my homework, stream movies, and play around on social media. I appreciate the small size, so I can take it anywhere and it can connect to almost any TV via HDMI. I use a Mac/ Apple keyboard & mouse but it's compatible with pretty much any keyboard/ mouse that connects via Bluetooth or USB. Long story short... If you are in the market for a Mac without spending real Mac money, this is what you want.
Yakima, WA
Love it, screams and I was able to get a great monitor for it. Graphics are clean, handles several ram intense programs well. More upgrade options would be the main place it could improve. All in all a great machine that I would purchase again. Runs my daw software with a lot of stability.
Rhode Island
Great personal computer to have. I'm mainly a windows pc type of guy but I have a mac mini for any random tasks that I feel a Macintosh would be better suited. Amazin that such a small frame can pack a large and powerful punch. Definitely reccomend.
Evarts
Where do I start? The macMini is an unbelievable & affordable option for those who want to use a Mac but don’t have it in their budget to do so! It has a 1 TB Hard Drive, a 2.6 gHz Core i5 Processor and 8 GB Memory. The mini is only 7.7” in width & depth and the best part is that you can get this powerhouse for only $699.00. I wasn’t sure about buying it at first but to get all of that in a computer, I just couldn’t find a reason not to. I did have to purchase a display, keyboard & mouse separately but that was easy. The display I chose to use is a 32” HD LED TV & I’m using a Microsoft Keyboard w/mouse. It’s an awesome setup for under $900.00. If you’re looking for an outstanding computer, try the Mac mini. You won’t be disappointed. I love it & I know you will too.
Surprise, AZ
I love my Mac Mini! It is definitely a little workhorse. I am a graphic designer and while most of my work is done at my office, I do occasionally have to work from home, editing photos and designing ads. This little Mini handles multiple programs running at once, such as Photoshop, Lightroom, & InDesign all at once. I can even edit in iMovie with everything else running & it has no lag. This is a cheaper option for those who still want to enjoy a Mac without the cost of A MAC. I have iMacs at work as well as a Mac Air (Apple Tvs, iPads and our iPhones not included) and I have to say, I TRUST my Mac Mini to keep working. Will definitely repurchase.
The power of the Mac mini. I love this thing! My family got it and it has all of the power of a pc with the speed, design, and OS of a Mac. My mac has a 1 TB hard drive so I am able to put multiple operating systems on it with ease. Because of its power, I am able to program on it with ease. The best part? It is inexpensive and you don't have have to buy an all-in-one setup from Mac. My monitor, keyboard, and mouse are all ones I already had. So for only 600$, my family got an Apple computer that has all the high specks of a Mac without all the hassle of an expensive all-in-one unit!
Lyndhurst, NJ
We have a Mac mini that we use as an entertainment center and the central hub for all of our media. We use home sharing, watch movies, and use it as a music streaming server. Paired with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, this was a great addition to our binge watching needs! I would have given this product five stars if it was a little bit faster.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...