BY APPLE

Use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with Lightning connector. The Lightning Digital AV Adapter supports mirroring of what is displayed on your device screen - including apps, presentations, websites, slideshows, and more - to your HDMI-equipped TV, display, projector, or other compatible display in up to 1080p HD.

It also outputs video content - movies, TV shows, captured video - to your big screen in up to 1080p HD. Simply attach the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to the Lightning connector on your device and then to your TV or projector via an HDMI cable (sold separately).

Technical Specifications:

• HDMI
  • Lightning

System Requirements: Requires an HDMI cable (sold separately) for connection to your TV or projector. Supports both video and audio output.

Compatibility:

iPhone Models: iPhone X,iPhone 8,iPhone 8 Plus,iPhone 7,iPhone 7 Plus,iPhone 6s,iPhone 6s Plus,iPhone 6,iPhone 6 Plus,iPhone SE,iPhone 5s,iPhone 5c,iPhone 5

iPad Models: iPad Pro 10.5-inch,iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd Generation),iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st Generation),iPad Pro 9.7-inch,iPad,iPad mini 4,iPad mini 3,iPad mini 2,iPad mini,iPad Air 2,iPad Air

iPod Models: iPod touch 6th Generation,iPod touch 5th Generation

What’s in the Box: Lightning Digital AV Adapter

Buy on Kohl's
Becki M.
Lansing, MI
I bought this to use with my iPad Pro 12.9" to watch movies & shows that I download to my iPad on my TV.

Part of my hope in buying this was that I would use less screen life if my iPad by watching things on the TV. When watching Netflix it just mirrored my screen which didn't accomplish my goal. When I tried plugging my iPhone in, it showed a message on the screen that said "now playing on TV" while the movie played on the TV. For some reason it only did that the one time. That would have been the ideal for me when plugged in to my iPad. I played around in the settings to see if there was a setting I could fix, but came up empty. Using Amazon Prime, the iPad became an Xray second screen that showed who the actors were in that scene, while the actual movie played on the TV.

The picture quality wasn't great when I was streaming from my phone. Playing downloaded movies had a better picture quality (which makes sense). But the quality still wasn't what I expected. It wasn't terrible, but it felt like I was watching an old pre-hd DVD. Which isn't terrible, but when I can watch it in HD on my iPad, it seemed like a downgrade. I saw reviews online about the picture not filling the screen. I did have to adjust the picture size on my TV to make it full the screen when I was watching Netflix. Amazon Prime filled my screen on its own.

Over all it just seemed like it wasn't worth it. If Netflix would have suspended play on my iPad, it would have helped. If the picture quality would have been better, it would have helped. But without those two things it just didn't seem worth it. Especially because the iPad is 12.9" already. I might have been more willing to accept the flaws if I was trying to play movies from a smaller iPad or from my iPhone.

I love using this to watch my movies from my phone on my tv, because it also charges while playing. I will say it can break easily, so be careful. Easy to use, small so easy to lose as well. Lol Great just in case accessory to have
Jenny C.
This is awesome!!!! I love connecting my phone or iPad to the tv to watch my shows, honestly do t even need cable with this, plus you can charge your device at the same time, surprised more people don't know about this!
Molly M.
One of the greatest purchases I have made for my Macbook. In university I would use it pretty much every day when I wanted to watch stuff on TV that I didnt have the proper channel for. It works so easily and having one made it easier to share presentations from my computer to a larger monitor as well.