BY APPLE

The iTunes U app gives you access to complete courses from leading universities and other schools — plus the world’s largest digital catalog of free education content — right on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Whether you’re majoring in molecular biology at a university, taking Spanish in high school, or just interested in European history, you now have a valuable tool to help you learn anytime, anywhere. Features: Free courses in a wide array of subjects • Take free courses created and taught by instructors from leading universities and other schools • See all assignments and updates from the instructor in one place, and check off assignments as you complete them • Take notes and highlight text in iBooks and see them consolidated for easy reviewing in the iTunes U app • Take course notes in class, or while playing audio or video lectures inside of iTunes U • Access course materials, including audio, video, books, documents & presentations, apps, and iBooks textbooks • Share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail, and Messages The world’s largest catalog of free education content • Choose from more than 750,000 free lectures, videos, books, and other resources on thousands of subjects from Algebra to Zoology • Browse collections from education and cultural institutions in 30 countries — including Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, LaTrobe University, University of Tokyo, MoMA, the New York Public Library, and the Library of Congress Requirements: • iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 7 or later • An Apple ID set up for use on the iTunes Store • iTunes 10.5.2 or later is required to sync with a computer • The selection of courses, collections, and availability of content linked from within a course may vary by country see more...

Apple iTunes U
  • "I love the variety the app offers, I am constantly finding new things to learn about or just expanding some knowledge on already known subjects! " in 1 review
  • "its also soooooo much fun it be on it" in 1 review
  • "This app has so many different kinds of material." in 1 review
Jimmy D.
Newport
If you’ve ever considered taking a class or you need a refresher on something you’ve already taken this app is for you. I’m one of those people that can’t seem to stop myself from constantly taking classes and I use this app to try out different class topics. The lectures are from legitimate universities and you’re bound to learn something if you watch a class. I have never audited a class but this seems really similar.
Kris W.
I wish I had more time to listen to these courses. It’s similar to the Great Courses. If you are interested in a topic, just look for lectures on it. It is free education. Of course, you don’t get an actual degree, but you do gain the knowledge. Since it’s free there are some downfalls. They don’t always have every subject you search for. Some of the lecturers have accents, and for some people I realize that is hard to deal with. If you’re like me, you pick up on the accents quick and it’s no problem.
Austin S.
greensboro
This is just a great product I really recommend it to all of y’all out there. Because it has a good bang for its buck and it also works very very well! It rlly works with anything. This is my great review. It also is very cheap!
Duckie L.
Auburn , AL
I love being able to learn from anywhere! I’m always wanting to learn new things, and iTunes U is perfect! It’s free on my phone, so you can’t beat the price! So far I haven’t had any problems with iTunes U!
Kylee K.
South bend , IN
This basically serves to the read books that education you on the phone. Although it is convenient to have a book on the phone for me I can’t stare at a screen all day long making it hard to read for a whileZ
Dawn M.
Oldsmar, FL
Pros:
Can sync music to my ipod
Cons:
Everything else
In line with previous user's comments and contrary to CNET editor's rating; itunes 11.3 is an abysmal piece of crap. Should be considered a downgrade, not an upgrade. The litany of problems & concerns is a long one: Loses music libraries, playlists and other data, such as song ratings and whether or not songs are checked, on a regular basis. Some of the data is not recoverable when it's lost, even if it's been backed up. User interface is less than intuitive; cumbersome and clunky; really difficult & frustrating to figure out things that should be really simple to do. Constantly misfiles music and albums. icloud constantly duplicates files in the library. Disallows user privileges for syncing registered devices at random times for no apparent reason

Desiree V.
Antioch, CA
I love iTunes but you do pay for your songs and pay monthly if needed you can use your iTunes like an iPod unless you download music from home and transfer to your phone
Raeshuna C.
Arlington, TN
I really enjoy using iTunes U. There was a time period where I had to leave school for a semester, and while getting on Facebook was easy, I didn't want to miss too much of my education. Listening to iTunes U made me feel like I was back in school, and there were a lot of courses offered that really interested me. Listening to my classes was easy; plug up my headphones, start the lecture, and just lay in bed for about 30 minutes while the audio played. It is a good way to learn if you have a hobby you want to explore, want to do independent research or just want to listen to something other than music or podcasts.
Megan D.
West Monroe, LA
I really like Apple ITunes U! I’ve always loved to learn so it’s a fun app to do just that! It’s very easy to use! Definitely a must have! I enjoy it every single time I use it. Would recommend to others!
Melissa R.
Las Vegas, NV
If you have a thirst for learning its great thst you can actually tune in to actual professros teaching a class at a university. You can oick and choose the material you'd like to learn about and it's like your actually there.
I would highly recommend it if you need to brush up on certain materials maybe even if your a student it can help a great lot by letting you tune in to a free class at a U!
Seline R.