BY APPLE #5 in Smartphones

Available in space gray, silver, gold, and rose gold, iPhone 6s Plus features an A9 chip, 3D Touch, Touch ID, a 12MP camera, and iOS 10.

Capacity: 32GB / 128GB

Display:

• Retina HD display with 3D Touch
  • 5.5-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit widescreen next-generation Multi‑Touch display with IPS technology and Taptic Engine
  • 1920-by-1080-pixel resolution at 401 ppi
  • 1300:1 contrast ratio (typical)
  • Full sRGB standard
  • 500 cd/m2 max brightness (typical)
  • Dual-domain pixels for wide viewing angles
  • Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
  • Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
  • Display Zoom
  • Reachability

Size and Weight:

• Height: 6.23 inches (158.2 mm)
  • Width: 3.07 inches (77.9 mm)
  • Depth: 0.29 inch (7.3 mm)
  • Weight: 6.77 ounces (192 grams)

Chip:

• Tap to focus with Focus Pixels
  • Exposure control
  • Noise reduction
  • Auto HDR for photos
  • Panorama (up to 63 megapixels)
  • Auto image stabilization
  • Burst mode
  • Timer mode
  • Photo geotagging

Video Recording:

• 4K video recording at 30 fps
  • 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps
  • Optical image stabilization for video
  • Digital zoom up to 3x

• GSM/EDGE
  • UMTS/HSPA+
  • DC-HSDPA
  • CDMA EV-DO Rev. A
  • LTE Advanced (up to 300 Mbps)
  • 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi‑Fi with MIMO
  • Bluetooth 4.2
  • GPS and GLONASS
  • VoLTE
  • NFC
  • Wi-Fi calling

Touch ID: Second-generation fingerprint sensor built into the Home button

Apple Pay:

• Pay with your iPhone using Touch ID in stores, within apps, and on the web
  • Receive and redeem rewards using rewards cards

Video Calling:

• iPhone 6s Plus to any FaceTime audio-enabled device over Wi‑Fi or cellular
  • Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
  • Wi‑Fi calling

Audio Playback:

• Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
  • User-configurable maximum volume limit

TV and Video:

• AirPlay Mirroring, photos, audio, and video out to Apple TV (2nd generation or later)
  • Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)
  • Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 4K, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

Siri:

• Use your voice to send messages, set reminders, and more
  • Get proactive suggestions
  • Use hands-free
  • Listen and identify songs

Power and Battery:

• Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
  • Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
  • Talk time: Up to 24 hours on 3G
  • Standby: Up to 16 days
  • Internet use: Up to 12 hours on Wi‑Fi, up to 12 hours on LTE, up to 12 hours on 3G
  • Video playback: Up to 14 hours

• What type of phone do you prefer apple or android? Apple ...14 Answers
  • What colour you choose Rose gold or just gold? 😊10 Answers
  • Who else is sad that they don't own one?10 Answers
Apple iPhone 6s Plus
  • "I love the picture quality and the available video effects (slow motion, speed up)." in 2 reviews
  • "I recently got the iPhone 6 and I love it's clarity and I for one LOVE the large screen I don't feel like I have to squint at images on social sites anymore" in 1 review
  • "It's got amazing battery life, it's easy to adjust to and after having a bigger phone, I'll never want a smaller one again!" in 1 review
  • "I had a 5 before this one and you get used to the size." in 1 review
  • "Overall it is a great phone and the battery lasts forever!" in 1 review
Stephanie F.
Benbrook, TX
Techie Expert Level 1
I love this phone! I love all the new features and the batter life is so much better than my 5. I love the large screen and I love how easy it is to use. I am looking forward to upgrading, but if I can't I am perfectly happy with this phone. It totally meets my expectations.
Purnima D.
Techie Expert Level 3
The iPhone 6 Plus is too big for me so I had to downgrade to the iPhone 6. I really liked how big the screen was because I watched all my movies on it. The camera quality was great as well.
Lisa M.
Stinnett, KY
I love my iphone six plus . It works great and has a great camera. It was affordable. I can now video my children at basketball games and keep in touch with family and friends. It meet all my expectations. I would love to have the new iphone x... anything Apple is amazing :)
Beth D.
I just purchased an iPhone 6 s and so far it has been great. I use it to film YouTube videos and the picture and sound quality are so much better than my old phone.
Valerie C.
Techie Expert Level 2
I just recently switch to this i-phone after years of having a Samsung galaxy. Everything was very easy to learn and navigate. I sometimes have a few minor issues with connection and constant updates but other than that it is perfect. The size is just right as it can fit right into my pocket.
Mason G.
Colorado Springs, CO
We have revisited the iPhone 6 Plus, which is now packed with iOS 10. Our fully updated review reflects the new features that are packed inside of the newest operating system. Apple's debut phablet is still a winner if you're in the market for a cheaper iOS device. But if you're curious to see how it stacks up to the iPhone 7 Plus, we've added that to the competition page. As you might expect, a lot has changed - but there's a lot that hasn't, too. Has your iPhone 6 Plus exhibited symptoms of the dreaded Touch Disease, like a flickering display? You're in luck. Apple now has a repair program exclusively for the phablet (Sorry, iPhone 6 owners). You can find that right here. Lastly, looking for an iPhone 6 Plus case? We've found the best ones available that will also fit an iPhone 6S Plus. A 5.5-inch iPhone. That might not seem so unusual now, but when it first appeared it was something which would have sent a shudder down the spines of a collective of die-hard Apple fans, as it was a handset some thought we'd never see from the Cupertino-based outfit. Yet here I am, staring down the barrel of what was once the biggest iPhone in history – the iPhone 6 Plus. It arrived alongside the iPhone 6 – Apple's 2014 flagship smartphone – which measures 4.7 inches, making it more welcoming to a wider array of palms than the supersized iPhone 6 Plus. Many of you, especially those of an Android persuasion, may be wondering what all the fuss is about – after all, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 turned up with a 5.5-inch display years ago. Previously Apple has only dealt in two screen sizes: a 3.5-inch display graced the first five generations of iPhone, and just three have had the pleasure of a larger 4-inch display. 5.5 inches then is a huge leap forward for Apple, moving its iPhone range into the uncharted waters of the phablet market currently dominated by Samsung and other Android manufacturers. It's less impressive now, with the launch of the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus (and even more recently, with the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus) reinforcing Apple's commitment to the larger screen sizes. Apple is looking to reach a previously untapped audience of smartphone users – those who demand a large screen – with 'productivity' the main buzzword being thrown around. A key market for the iPhone 6 Plus is Asia, where the general consensus seems to be bigger is better when it comes to smartphone screens. In terms of specs and design, there isn't a huge amount of difference between the iPhone 6 Plus and the iPhone 6, apart from the obvious size. The iPhone 6 Plus does boast a couple of unique features however. It was the first iPhone to pack a full HD display, plus its bigger body means it houses a larger battery than its 4.7-inch brother. Both sport A8 64-bit processors, 1GB of RAM, M8 motion coprocessors and 8MP rear-facing cameras – although the snapper on the iPhone 6 Plus benefits from OIS (optical image stabilisation), while the iPhone 6 makes do with EIS (electronic image stabilisation). This is a much smaller difference than we see in today's batch of iPhones, with the iPhone 7 Plus sporting a dual-camera setup. As with all Apple products, the iPhone 6 Plus didn't come cheap at launch, but you can expect to find it much more affordable today. The iPhone 6 Plus is no longer offered on the Apple Store, pushed out by the iPhone 7. However, the last we saw it, the SIM-free 16GB version was priced alongside the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus at US$649 (£539, AU$1,079) – and that's just the start. Apple ditched the 32GB variant for both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus long ago, so if you're searching for one, you'll probably have better luck finding the 64GB variant in the wild, which we last saw going for $749 (£619, AU$1229) from Apple. There was also a 128GB model, but that's been discontinued, so if you need a boatload of storage you'll have to opt for the newer iPhone 6S Plus or iPhone 7 Plus. Even with some price drops, the Apple iPhone 6 Plus will probably be around the same, if not a little more expensive than rival phablets including the LG G5, OnePlus 3, Nexus 6P and Samsung Galaxy Note 4. It's big, it's expensive and it's inevitably played second fiddle to the iPhone 6 – so is the iPhone 6 Plus worth considering? Read on to find out.

Tristen R.
I would love to get my hands onto a larger iPhone. I currently have the iPhone 4 and its so small, and I can't do anything with it. I need a bigger phone, would anyone be able to tell me how much the iPhone 6 plus is? Maybe even the iPhone 7? Thanks you guys!
Zoe M.
Ormond-by-the-Sea
Great use! Good phone for anyone who wants a smartphone without the trouble of it costing as much as an IPhone X. This is a very reliable phone, especially good for middle/ high school kids. Best feature is the tough screen. It could use a faster ram.
Amber N.
Azusa, CA
I've had my iPhone 6s Plus for going on 2 years now and yes its time for an upgrade, however, this has been the longest lasting phone I've ever owned. I'm proud to be an Apple iPhone owner and I don't think I could ever switch back over to Android phones again.
Tina S.
Richmond
I love my iPhone 6 plus! By far my favorite phone hands down. I've had this phone almost 3 years and it hasn't let me down yet. It met my expectations, the only downfall is i wish the internal memory would store more. I recommend this phone to others.
Caroline  S.
Would you prefer the rose gold or the gold color?
Kristin D.
What brand case do you find the most protective? Otterbox, lifeproof, etc?
Victor C.
Madrid, Madrid
Is it too big to use anywhere? Do you think is comfortable or should I get the normal size?
Gigi P.
Gahanna, OH
Is the camera quality on this phone better than the iPhone 5?
Brittani M.
I have the iPhone 5, how much better is the camera on the 6? Thanks everyone!