BY APPLE #3 in Smartphones

Finish: Rose Gold, Gold, Silver, Space Gray

Capacity: 32GB / 128GB

Size and Weight:

• Length: 5.44 inches (138.3 mm)
  • Width: 2.64 inches (67.1 mm)
  • Depth: 0.28 inch (7.1 mm)
  • Weight: 5.04 ounces (143 grams)

Display:

• Retina HD display with 3D Touch
  • 4.7-inch (diagonal) widescreen LCD Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
  • 1334-by-750-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
  • 1400:1 contrast ratio (typical)
  • 500 cd/m2 max brightness (typical)
  • Full sRGB standard
  • Dual-domain pixels for wide viewing angles
  • Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating on front
  • Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
  • Display Zoom

Camera:

• 12-megapixel camera
  • Live Photos with stabilization
  • Autofocus with Focus Pixels
  • Optical image stabilization (iPhone 6s Plus only)
  • True Tone flash
  • Panorama (up to 63 megapixels)
  • Auto HDR for photos

Video Recording:

• 4K video recording at 30 fps
  • 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps
  • 720p HD video recording at 30 fps
  • Optical image stabilization for video (iPhone 6s Plus only)
  • True Tone flash
  • Slo-mo video support for 1080p at 120 fps and 720p at 240 fps
  • Time-lapse video with stabilization
  • Cinematic video stabilization (1080p and 720p)
  • Continuous autofocus video

• Burst mode
  • Timer mode

Touch ID: Fingerprint sensor built into the Home button

Apple Pay:

• Pay with your iPhone using Touch ID in stores, within apps, and on the web
  • Complete purchases made with Apple Pay on your Mac
  • Receive and redeem rewards using rewards cards

Cellular and Wireless:

Model A1633 / Model A1634:

• LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)
  • TD-LTE (Bands 38, 39, 40, 41)
  • TD-SCDMA 1900 (F), 2000 (A)
  • UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
  • CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
  • GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
  • 802.11ac Wi‑Fi with MIMO
  • Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology
  • NFC

Model A1688 / Model A1687:

• LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)
  • TD-LTE (Bands 38, 39, 40, 41)
  • TD-SCDMA 1900 (F), 2000 (A)
  • CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
  • UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
  • GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
  • 802.11ac Wi‑Fi with MIMO

• FaceTime audio
  • Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
  • Wi‑Fi calling

Audio Playback:

• Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3), Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
  • User-configurable maximum volume limit

TV and Video:

• AirPlay Mirroring, photos, audio, and video out to Apple TV (2nd generation or later)
  • Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)
  • Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 4K, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC‑LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio or Dolby Audio up to 1008 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo or multichannel audio, in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG‑4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC‑LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio or Dolby Audio up to 1008 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo or multichannel audio, in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M‑JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

Siri:

• Use your voice to send messages, set reminders, and more
  • Get intelligent suggestions in Messages, Mail, QuickType, and more
  • Activate with only your voice using “Hey Siri”
  • Listen and identify songs

• Built-in speaker
  • On/Off Sleep/Wake

Power and Battery:

• Talk time: Up to 14 hours on 3G
  • Internet use: Up to 10 hours on 3G, up to 10 hours on LTE, up to 11 hours on Wi-Fi
  • HD video playback: Up to 11 hours

• Accelerometer
  • Proximity sensor
  • Ambient light sensor

Operating System: iOS 11

With new features and capabilities that let you get more done quickly and easily, iOS 11 makes iPhone more powerful, personal, and intelligent than ever.

Accessibility:

Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new iPhone 6s. With built-in support for vision, hearing, physical and motor skills, and learning and literacy, you can fully enjoy the world’s most personal device.

Features include:

• EarPods with 3.5 mm Headphone Plug
  • Storage and travel case

SIM Card:

• Nano-SIM
  • iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus are not compatible with existing micro-SIM cards.

Rating for Hearing Aids: iPhone 6s (Model A1633, A1688): M3, T4

Mail Attachment Support: Viewable document types

.jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel); .zip; .ics

System Requirements:

• Apple ID
  • Internet access
  • Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
  • Mac: OS X 10.9.5 or later
  • PC: Windows 7 or later
  • iTunes 12.5 or later

Environmental Requirements:

• Operating ambient temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
  • Nonoperating temperature: ‑4° to 113° F (‑20° to 45° C)
  • Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
  • Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet (3000 m)

In the Box:

• iPhone with iOS 11
  • EarPods with 3.5 mm Headphone Plug
  • Lightning to USB Cable
  • USB Power Adapter
  • Documentation

iPhone and the Environment:

Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact.

iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus embody Apple’s continuing environmental progress. They are designed with the following features to reduce environmental impact:

• Mercury-free LED-backlit display
  • Arsenic-free display glass
  • Brominated flame retardant–free
  • PVC-free
  • Beryllium-free
  • Recyclable aluminum enclosure
  • Power adapter outperforms strictest global energy efficiency standards
  • Speaker enclosure with 30 percent post‑consumer recycled plastic

Recycling: Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization.

• Anyone having problems with the touch screen ? I must have gotten...3 Answers
  • Has anybody had any issues with no receiving calls or texts and y...12 Answers
  • Does anyone know how to put the phone on silent but still be able...8 Answers
Jessica-rose T.
Jessica-rose T.
Carmel, IN
I actually have the Apple iPhone 6s through T-mobile and i must say that there is truly nothing quite like the technology that Apple brings to the table...I absolutely love the display of my phone the long lasting battery, the simplicity of the layout of how Safari works...it is soo convenient and incredibly easy to work with and organize your favorite bookmarks...especially when I truly love something that I see on the internet like an article that grabs me ...the ability to organize and save it to my home screen is so convenient, and it stays there until you remove it, I also love the ease of accessibility to all the buttons, there aren't a certain number of buttons on the phone just one, which adds to the simplistic and classy design, also the newer models have a fingerprint recognition to unlock your phone, which only you can unlock with your fingerprint because your iPhone is encrypted, I don't know of any other phones or androids with that capability... overall a very simplistic ease of use phone that I highly recommend for anyone especially if you are an entrepreneur like myself with a small business the App Store for Apple has a plethora of apps that make my business life a breeze...The day when I decided to get an iPhone, was the day when my technology life changed forever, and i will never go back to an android ever again!
Alex R.
Alex R.
Hockessin, DE
I am no Tech Guru. I'm a 20 year old girl.
I've been getting iphones since 2007, when they first came out and I haven't used any other phone since. I have a love-hate relationship with them (depending on whether or not my device is broken at the moment or not). Iphones have always been easy to use & easy to hook up to a computer through itunes (especially on a Mac). I now have a 6s and I love it. The back camera is great, although the front camera could use an updgrade. The storage space is very minimal. Iphones used to come in 8g. Now looking at how often I run up to 16 gigs, I don't understand how I lived with 8.
Other than the storage space being so low for the regular priced model, the only other issue I have is that they are made in China.
To me that just screams poor quality. In fact they are cheaply made because I've had about 8 different iphones since 2007. I love them because everything I need is in one piece of technology, but do you need a $60 case to go with the phone? Absolutely.
With absolute connivence comes a warning from me: Treat your phone very gently because these phones are extremely expensive without a contract.
Tiffany N.
Tiffany N.
I had the iPhone 4s. I upgraded and switched back to team android for a while. Battery life was one of my biggest motivations for switching back. That and the rose gold coloring of the phone. I'm happy I did. The battery longevity is noticeably significant. I use my phone for work and have to take pictures. With my android I constantly had to carry my charger because it would die. With the 6s I'm pretty much good throughout the entire day. I did get the plus. I feel it's much bigger than I'd like but I have grown use to the size. I love the live photo feature. One thing I don't care for is the glass. I haven't had to replace a shattered phone in a while wishing 3 months of getting my iPhone the glass screen was shattered from a fall. Fortunately the associates at the Apple Store are every bit of a awesome. My phone was replace at no cost to me. I live how everything was transferred to the replacement phone so easily as well. I know firsthand its not so simple with android. I am on the iPhone forever plan with sprint and an looking forward to the next release from Apple and what features they are going to come up with.
Angela R.
Angela R.
Maiden, NC
As always Apple has delivered a quality phone with cutting edge technology! I love my iPhone, I love all of my Apple products, I have purchased many Apple products and each time I love them a little more! My 6s has everything I could possibly need in a phone plus a whole lot more! I love the better camera on this phone. I will not take a star for the following complaint because I feel like the good far outweighs the bad. that being said, I AM SO TIRED OF BREAKING MY SCREENS!!! I have never had an Apple product that the screen did not get broken on, and I really wish that would change! Nothing is more frustrating than to drop your phone and break the screen! I have broke the screen when the fall was less than 6 inches, If the design can not be changed to prevent the likelihood of breaks I wish Apple would give us the ability to "upgrade" to a tougher screen when you purchase, I would gladly pay more for my phone if I knew it was going to be less likely to break when dropped! I have replaced the screen on every iPhone I have owned at least 3 times within a 15 month timespan.
angel g.
angel g.
Orlando, FL
The iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus (stylized as iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus) are smartphones designed by Apple Inc. The devices were announced on September 9, 2015, at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco by Apple Inc. CEO Tim Cook. The iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus jointly serve as successors to the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus of 2014 and are the current flagship devices of the iPhone series.[14]

The iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus are the performance versions over their respective predecessors, featuring improved hardware specifications, including 3D Touch, a force-sensitive touchscreen; upgraded rear-facing and front-facing cameras; a faster processor; a new chassis made of a stronger 7000 series aluminum alloy;[15] second-generation fingerprint recognition Touch ID; improved LTE and Wi-Fi connectivity; and a new rose gold finish in addition to the space gray, silver, and gold finishes found on the previous models, while maintaining an identical design. The devices ship with iOS 9 preinstalled.
Naomi M.
Naomi M.
Love Apple and all their products can't stand people who have Android, Samsung, etc. because like the phone looks funny, it's too complicated, and I just don't like it. But Apple it doesn't have any of those things I just listed I just love it. Oh and may I add the camera like have you seen posts between Android vs. iPhone on Instagram or anything like that well yeah Apple's products just have a better camera. I love my phone it's my baby like honestly. I recently dropped it though when I was in NY and fell on concrete and it cracked the bottom right corner of the screen. My heart like dropped like you don't even know but I got warranty and everything so it's cool ig. I just hate that iPhones are built to not last for a couple years since they be always coming out with a new one🙄🙄. Also they crack so easily so it's best to get a good quality case for it especially if you don't have warranty. But overall Apple is like a big part of me and I can't live without my iPhone.😌
Megan M.
Megan M.
Newnan, GA
I love this phone! I would never get another brand of smartphone. I have had HTC, Samsung, Motorola and LG droids all top of the line models at the time. I was able to customize the droids so much more, but customized or not the software was so glitchy I more often than not wanted to throw the phone. I ended up using uncustomized software (I tried jailbreaking each model to see if performance was better) because I had thought that the jailbreaking was the problem. It's not, the software is just sub par. Apps shutting down, phones shutting down and a variety of issues later I switched to apple. I say this to highlight the fact that people who say they love droid for more customizable options either don't know what they're taking about or have way more patience than I. It's just not worth it.
I've had the last 3 models of iPhone and have been more impressed with each one, but never disappointed with any of them.
Vanna L.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I know there's this huge debate between Apple and Android products, but as a user of the iPhone 6, an LG phone (work phone), and a Samsung phone, it's just difficult to compare because both OS' are good in their own distinctive ways. I've always enjoyed the simplicity of iOS, and after almost a year with this phone, it's still running smoothly. My LG Stylus, however, is super buggy after only a few months of use, and my Samsung lags a bit as well. The camera on this phone is one of the best I've ever used (when it comes to phone cameras, anyway). Although, no one can beat how luxurious the iPhone 6 is. It's the perfect size for my hand, and looks so sleek and elegant. While it is a bit limited and doesn't offer much in the way of customization, the iPhone 6 is still a gorgeous, functional, easy to use phone.
Alyssa F.
Alyssa F.
I previously owned a Samsung Galaxy S4 (16 gB from Verizon) prior to owning the iPhone 6s. I really disliked my Galaxy because it wasn't very user friendly - I felt like I didn't even know how to use the multitude of features that were advertised. I was very happy to switch the the iPhone in Fall 2015. I find the display of the iPhone much more user friendly and accessible. I also have no complaints about the service I get with this phone & Verizon. One downside is just how delicate the iPhone screen is. I accidentally knocked my phone off my bedside table (maybe a foot drop from the carpet beneath) and it shattered the phone screen, even with a glass screen protector and relatively good case. My advice is to invest in a really really good case for your iPhone and be very gentle with it.
Katie F.
Katie F.
A lot of similarity to the Iphone 6, basically identical in looks. The 3d touch is a nice feature, though I will say I don't use it too often. One thing I've noticed a significant change in is the vibrate mode. In comparison to the iphone 6 it is way less loud and annoying. If it is in your pocket you still feel it but no one else can hear it if you're in a silent room. Another thing I've noticed is the durability. I dropped my iphone 6 and it immediately cracked. I've had a few mishaps with the iphone 6s where I have dropped it (without a case) and it is still in fine condition. Also, have dropped it in water on accident and it's still working perfectly. Overall, it is a much better built and durable phone than the iphone 6 even though it looks similar.
Lisa G.
Lisa G.
Question has been deleted
Michelle B.
Michelle B.
Has anybody had any issues with no receiving calls or texts and your family and friends not receiving your texts at times?
Ivana S.
Ivana S.
Medley, FL
What are the advantages of having an iPhone to an Android phone?
Sarah H.
Sarah H.
Fairfield, OH
Does anyone know how to put the phone on silent but still be able to hear your alarm go off? Or does anyone know a really good and reliable third party alarm clock app for 6s?
Karen D.
Karen D.
Belgium
I am currently looking for a new phone. Would you recommend this one? I need a really good camera on my phone for my social media posts. Is it worth the price?