BY APPLE #5 in Smartphones

Iphone 6 plus isn t just bigger it s better in every way. A 5.5-inch retina hd display. An a8 chip with 64-bit desktop-class architecture. A new 8mp isight camera with focus pixels and optical image stabilization. The touch id fingerprint identity sensor. Faster lte and wi-fi.1 longer battery life.2 and ios 8 and icloud. All in a 7.1mm thin seamless design. . â . 5.5-inch (diagonal) retina hd display with 1920-by-1080 resolution . a8 chip with m8 motion coprocessor . 8-megapixel isight camera with focus pixels, true tone flash, and optical image stabilization . 1080p hd video recording at 60... see more...

• Who else is sad that they don't own one?6 Answers
  • Is it too big to use anywhere? Do you think is comfortable or shoul...21 Answers
  • What brand case do you find the most protective? Otterbox, lifeproo...40 Answers
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
  • "I love the picture quality and the available video effects (slow motion, speed up)." in 2 reviews
  • "I had a 5 before this one and you get used to the size." in 1 review
  • "It's got amazing battery life, it's easy to adjust to and after having a bigger phone, I'll never want a smaller one again!" in 1 review
  • "Overall it is a great phone and the battery lasts forever!" in 1 review
  • "It's fast, reliable, and has a better battery life than the past iPhones." in 1 review
Blake P.
Blake P.
Portland, OR
I have owned the original iPhone, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, Nexus 5, and Galaxy S5.

This is the best phone I have ever owned. The next best would be the Samsung Galaxy S5.

Which iPhone 6 should you buy? That depends on your needs. The iPhone 6+ has bigger screen, better battery life, and better camera (optical image stabilization). But it also comes in a bigger form factor which might be too large for many. It is worth noting that iPhone 6+ is bigger than the LG G3 (iPhone 6+ is thinner), which has the same screen size (5.5 inches) and I think LG G3 is just about the biggest phone that will fit into my pocket. To me, the iPhone 6+ is too big.

The iPhone 6 has a 4.7 inch screen which is very functionally useful. I think it could be tad bigger (about 4.8 to 5 inches). In my opinion, the 4.7 inch screen size should be satisfactory to most, especially those who are used to the 4 inch screen size of the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S. I am used to using Galaxy S5 (5.1 inches) and I don't find the 4.7 inch screen to be too small.

So what makes the iPhone 6 so special? It's the form factor (thin and light), the awesome camera, and the touch id (fingerprint sensor).

First and foremost, this is a beautiful phone to see and hold. I thought iPhone 5 was beautiful, but the iPhone 6 definitely is better looking! Everyone who has seen my phone in the last 3 days wanted to buy one. The Galaxy S5 is also a thin and beautiful phone. But it is also plastic and has an ugly protruding camera in the back that makes it look like a huge wart. I didn't think I would mind it at first, but the ugliness of the huge square protruding camera really bothered me, especially because, in my view, the S5 camera picture quality was average at best.

Second, the camera on the iPhone 6 is just awesome, especially compared to the Galaxy S5. I thought the Galaxy S5 would take better pictures because it is 13 megapixels. Wrong. I have had more blurry pictures with the Galaxy S5 in 4 months than I had with my iPhone 5 in 20 months. Plus, the Galaxy S5 pictures came out very grainy. They looked like they were taken with a smartphone camera. Whereas the pictures taken by the iPhone 6 looked like pictures from a dedicated digital camera. I was especially impressed with its low-light photography and surprisingly powerful flash. Even when taking pictures in low-light, the iPhone 6 camera takes wonderful pictures.

Third, the Touch ID (fingerprint sensor) feature is a huge plus for me. I was initially worried that it may take too long to process my fingerprints. Wrong. It takes less than a second to identify my fingerprints. It beats punching my secret code on the screen hands down.

The Samsung Galaxy S5, however, still trumps the iPhone 6 in certain areas.

The first and foremost is the battery life. Although the iPhone 6 (about 24 hours with normal usage for me) lasts about 20% longer than my iPhone 5, it still can't hold a candle to my Galaxy S5 which can last over 36 hours. If a long battery life is your main need, then I would either get the S5 or get the iPhone 6 with a protective battery case.

Second, the Galaxy S5 still has the superior screen. It is not only significantly bigger (5.1 inches), but it is also a full HD (1080p) screen compared to the 720p screen of the iPhone 6. Four months ago, independent tests showed that the Galaxy S5 had the best screen on a smartphone, and I believe it. Seeing them side-by-side, I have to say that I prefer the screen on the Galaxy S5 over the iPhone 6.

Lastly, I think the Android platform is well on its way of trouncing Apple in both the number and the variety of apps. Android simply has stronger marketshare and Android programming skills are more widely available. This is especially true if you don't use English as your primary language. If you are looking for apps in Chinese or Spanish, for example, you are more likely to find them in Android than in iPhone.
Tammy F.
Tammy F.
Arabi, Ga
I've recently upgraded from a iPhone 4s to an iPhone 6 plus and wow what an upgrade it has been.

The most notable upgrade: the battery life. My iPhone 4s used to die within 2 hours with regular use, and I would have to turn the brightness of the screen very low to get the most out of the battery. The 6plus can go on all day easily, and I don't have to turn the brightness all the way down for it. Bigger phone = room for a bigger and better battery.

One thing I hate about smartphones is the price. But the price is justified with this purchase. I use my phone everyday. It keeps me sane at work, because my job is extremely boring. With 4G lite I can easily speed through webpages and videos. This phone works so well I am using my laptop less and my phone more. My iPad is gathering dust somewhere. Why buy a tablet when you have such a big phone with a beautiful screen?

& screen is also a big upgrade from the 4s. The display is brighter and the picture is crystal clear.

With 64 gb of storage my storage is seemingly unlimited. My entire music library easily fits on this little device and I still have room for many, many more apps and photos. It's a wonderful upgrade from the lousy 8gb of storage I used to have.

My old phone used to freeze and lag often. I haven't had this problem with my new phone and it's wonderful.

I feel stupid saying this, but it's hard to imagine life without this phone. I use it all the time. There's so many great apps to choose from. Right now my favorite app is probably myfitness pal. My phone is helping me to lose weight! How amazing is that?

Have I mentioned Siri? Siri is great. You can speak commands to your phone instead of having to look for something specific. Siri will search it for you if you ask. I do this a lot when it comes to playing music.

Just buy it. You won't regret it. I certainly don't!
Chadwick Kawai E.
Chadwick Kawai E.
Waianae, HI
So I've using android for almost 3 years and wanted to try something new. I've had the note 2, 3 & even an s5. Which are all great phones. But android got so boring to me. I've loved the look of iOS 8 ever since Apple changed the look of their os. So I figured why not try the iPhone. Not only does the phone feel premium but the os does too. Phones aren't getting any cheaper unless they're old ones. So don't think you have to be rich to get an iPhone! I'm by no means rich. The battery life on this phone is a champ. With lite to heavy use, I can't can't kill my battery in a single day. So big phone but if u like your battery to last u most of the day consider the 6plus. ((DO NOT GET A 16GB IPHONE!!!!)) your space will be gone Ina snap. I don't even know why apple offers a 16GB option.

The only thing I'll miss is having back & menu buttons android phones had. Other than that, this phone's smooth, and it just works!

Don't listen to the fanboys/girls. My iPhone has a lag here & there but it's still fast %98 of the time! But if it lags just go into ur settings and turn off stuff you don't use or need. thanks for reading consumers !!!
angel g.
angel g.
Orlando, FL
The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus (stylized as iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus) are smartphones designed by Apple Inc. The devices were announced on September 9, 2015, at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco by Apple Inc. CEO Tim Cook. The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus jointly serve as successors to the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus of 2014 and are the current flagship devices of the iPhone series.[14]

The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are the performance versions over their respective predecessors, featuring improved hardware specifications, including 3D Touch, a force-sensitive touchscreen; upgraded rear-facing and front-facing cameras; a faster processor; a new chassis made of a stronger 7000 series aluminum alloy;[15] second-generation fingerprint recognition Touch ID; improved LTE and Wi-Fi connectivity; and a new rose gold finish in addition to the space gray, silver, and gold finishes found on the previous models, while maintaining an identical design. The devices ship with iOS 9 preinstalled.
Chelsea J.
Chelsea J.
Lansing, MI
I bought this phone about 6 months after the 6+ was available. When I purchased this it was the top of the line, most expensive phone Apple provided.

I have never, ever in my entire life had so many problems with an electronic device! Just to give you some perspective: I am currently on my THIRD iPhone 6 + that Apple has provided for me completely for free (I do not have Apple Care either!) due to glitches the phones had straight out of the box. This phone freezes, turns off, and kicks me out of apps routinely and often has me wishing I chose Android or Google.

I was a huge supporter of Apple before owning this product. I have an iWatch, iPad, and Macbook as well. However, I do not think that I will ever purchase another Apple product after dealing with the 6+.

Consider getting a 6 or even a 5... Or even better- an Android or Google Phone. (My old iPhone 5 is nearly 4 years old now and is still running... My partner uses it and loves it! What happened, Apple?)
Robin D.
Robin D.
Waldorf, MD
I am Team #Apple all the way. Even sometimes I feel they are not always caught up with the rest of the electronic world when it comes to certain features of the iPhone. I can't say I dislike this phone, because in more ways then one I LOVE it. Especially if your in the market for a good gaming phone. The iPhone 6+ is perfect for that because the size of the screen, lets you see every detail of every game you could possibly think of to play. The only things wrong with this phone is the quality of the camera could definitely be better. I believe it is only 8MP, as opposed to other phones I have seen up to 16MP. I would love to see an iPhone with a 16MP camera, and LONGER-LASTING battery. If you overcharge this battery, say overnight, it depletes the battery so much. So other then that I personally am glad I got the phone and got to experience something Apple has to offer. :)
Elisa C.
Elisa C.
Birmingham, AL
Techie Expert
I got it as a gift to my husband, just before the release of the 6s. We were both reluctant of getting iPhone's, but after owing the last 3 or 4 Galaxy's, we were both longing for something new. No doubt this is a great phone with really cool features, but I think it's more of a hype. What I really love about it is the camera, the video and photo quality is excellent. But in terms of functionality, it performs at the same level as some others that are much cheaper than it is, and the voice search engine made me angry and disappointed. Google voice search that you find on Androids is much more intuitive and responds better and faster. the iPhone is more of a luxury buy in my opinion. And there is nothing wrong with treating yourself with one of these, but you could possibly have the same features for a fraction of the price if you choose your Androids well.
Jami C.
Jami C.
Elizabethtown, PA
I LOVE this phone. I went through a phase where I went back to Android after having Apple everything for YEARS. Recently (about a year ago), I came back to iPhone's and was generally very pleased with the performance of the phone itself. The software goes through up's and down's as they're always rolling out new software and the first rollout usually always has bugs. Using Apple, I feel as though my information is much more secure and I also don't get concerned with losing all my data on my phone (pictures and contacts, mostly). My only complaint is how much space certain apps take up and constantly being asked to buy more icloud space because of storage being low. Sometimes it runs a little slower than I'd like, but mostly, it's a great phone. I'll be repurchasing an iphone again when I have the money to do so!
Christina B.
Christina B.
Best photography comes from iPhones. It's always been true. Amazing screen, the clarity and colors are just beyond what my eyes are used to. I've compared plenty of other competitor phones, from Samsung to LG, unflrtunatelly they all lag, slow down randomly, some apps even freeze or randomly quit. Nothing is smooth or user friendly. iPhone at this since is pretty great. Landscape mode is to die for! Everything is new all of the sudden, writing emails, doing work, documents is all so easy and intuitive nothing comes close! Battery life lasts about one and a half day, I usually have Bluetooth, WiFi and LTE on all the time, plus playing games every other hour. There's so much with iPhone that flows, from MacBook to iPad and back to iPhone, I just love how everything just works.
Emily S.
Emily S.
West College Corner, IN
I love my iPhone 6 Plus. I have so much storage space, honestly probably too much, but it comes in handy during concerts and family events. The picture quality is actually really good, the forward facing camera isn't as good, but no one really need s to take that many selfies. It's a very big phone so people with petite hands should probably stick with the 6 or 6s. It's fantastic for gaming and watching videos because it's a lot easier to see everything that's going on. I love that it is rounded and I also like that the sleep button is on the side rather than the top. It definitely has it's bugs which get fixed with the new updates, but I am still very pleased with this purchase. I've been on the iPhone circuit since iPhone 3, and I really have no desire for anything else.
Kristin D.
Kristin D.
What brand case do you find the most protective? Otterbox, lifeproof, etc?
Victor C.
Victor C.
Madrid, Madrid
Is it too big to use anywhere? Do you think is comfortable or should I get the normal size?
Gigi P.
Gigi P.
Gahanna, OH
Is the camera quality on this phone better than the iPhone 5?
Brittani M.
Brittani M.
I have the iPhone 5, how much better is the camera on the 6? Thanks everyone!
ARIXON L.
ARIXON L.
Auburn, AL
Help, I do not know what to do, you recommend an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 plus ? is very large 6 plus? or is comfortable to use ?