BY APPLE #6 in Smartphones

Available in space gray, silver, gold, and rose gold, iPhone 6s features an A9 chip, 3D Touch, Touch ID, a 12MP camera, and iOS 10.

Capacity: 32GB / 128GB

Display:

• Retina HD display with 3D Touch
  • 4.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit widescreen next-generation Multi‑Touch display with IPS technology and Taptic Engine
  • 1334-by-750-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
  • 1400:1 contrast ratio (typical)
  • Full sRGB standard
  • 500 cd/m2 max brightness (typical)
  • Dual-domain pixels for wide viewing angles
  • Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
  • Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
  • Display Zoom
  • Reachability

Size and Weight:

• Height: 5.44 inches (138.3 mm)
  • Width: 2.64 inches (67.1 mm)
  • Depth: 0.28 inch (7.1 mm)
  • Weight: 5.04 ounces (143 grams)

Chip:

• Tap to focus with Focus Pixels
  • Exposure control
  • Noise reduction
  • Auto HDR for photos
  • Panorama (up to 63 megapixels)
  • Auto image stabilization

• NFC
  • Wi-Fi calling

Touch ID: Second-generation fingerprint sensor built into the Home button

Apple Pay:

• Pay with your iPhone using Touch ID in stores, within apps, and on the web
  • Receive and redeem rewards using rewards cards

Video Calling:

• iPhone 6s to any FaceTime audio-enabled device over Wi‑Fi or cellular
  • Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
  • Wi‑Fi calling

Audio Playback:

• AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
  • User-configurable maximum volume limit

TV and Video:

• AirPlay Mirroring, photos, audio, and video out to Apple TV (2nd generation or later)
  • Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)
  • Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 4K, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

Siri:

• Use your voice to send messages, set reminders, and more
  • Get proactive suggestions
  • Use hands-free
  • Listen and identify songs

Power and Battery:

• Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
  • Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
  • Talk time: Up to 14 hours on 3G
  • Standby: Up to 10 days
  • Internet use: Up to 11 hours on Wi‑Fi, up to 10 hours on LTE, up to 10 hours on 3G
  • Video playback: Up to 11 hours

• iPhone 6
  • 5W USB Power Adapter
  • Lightning to USB Cable

Apple iPhone 6
  • "It is a great phone and works perfectly but that glass is supposed to be "indestructible" but when my mother dropped her iPhone 6 from 3 feet it's screen shattered." in 1 review
  • "They have a bigger screen,and not as thick as the previous Iphones, However I am not much of a fan of Iphone they are way over priced." in 1 review
Hannah K.
Milwaukee
I love my iPhone 6 - it's really great both aesthetically and technically. I'm not great at technology, but this phone is very easy to use! It has an extremely bright display, really fantastic camera, and a long-lasting battery. There has been discussion about iPhone batteries recently, but my phone is over a year and a half old and can still go all day without dying, even though I am on it constantly. I also love how it looks - it is so slim, and fits easily into my pockets or small purse. I have the pink gold phone, and it is so cute! Even though iPhones are expensive, would recommend - I think the extra money is worth it for the features and look you get.
Angela S.
waverly
I love my Apple i phone 6 i upgraded from the Apple I phone 5S. Which is awesome for my lil girl but i needed more memory.  I love my phone i think i will always continue upgrading to apple products. I just really enjoy the phones they are nice got plenty of storage i think my apple I phone 6 has 32 GB of storage. So I will be upgrading my phone again this year an it will be another I phone for sure. I also get great service with my phone. Customer support is good as well. I have no problems with the phone at all it does not shut off or act crazy it does update which i want it to when needed.
Mia M.
Sacramento
Well worth the money? It’s a great phone and is easy to work and navigate through. It allows you to track your phone if lost and the insurance premiums are fairly low. Apple honors a year contract if any manufacturer errors occur, which if fairly convenient. Used to work as a sells representative and sold these daily. Absolutely one of my best sellers at the time. Apple iPhone 6
Aquitia D.
Philadelphia, PA
So my husband bought me an IPhone for my birthday and started me with the IPhone 6. I have ALWAYS been an android fan. I’ve had so many android phones (LG, Samsung...) I LOVE ANDROID. Or should I say LOVED. My ten year relationship with android has come to an end 💔. I have had my Iphone6 for about a month now and the possibilities with this phone.... is endless.  Between better apps, easier storage for documents and pictures, sharing between family and/or friends, picture quality... EVERYTHING is better. If you don’t have an Iphone yet.. get one. Android will always have a spot in my ❤️  Apple iPhone 6
Skyela H.
Washington, IN
Techie Expert Level 1
These are on sale at Walmart which is why I bought one. It is a great phone. Perfect size, not too big, not too small. It runs smooth for the most part. It’s very affordable and does pretty much what the newer ones do but at a very much cheaper price. My only complaint is that it tends to restart itself every now and then. Also if you double touch the home screen then the screen slightly minimizes and that’s annoying. Overall I’m happy with this phone though.
Chahinez T.
Jijel
Another year, another new iPhone! We preordered two new iPhone 6S this year – both 64GB rose gold, one for AT&T and one for Verizon (I know, it’s complicated when it comes to wireless plans in my family). Both were delivered on launch day back on 9/25, and after over two weeks I think I’ve had enough time to make an accurate assessment of the latest offering out of Cupertino.

DESIGN
Being a “S” year model, the 6S is as expected a refinement of last year’s 6. It inherits pretty much the same physical layout – same 4.7” (750 × 1334) retina screen in a body that’s ever so slightly thicker/taller (by 0.2 mm) and heavier (14g or 0.4oz). It’s virtually identical, so much so that my significant other’s old 6 case fits the new 6S perfectly. So if you got old accessories from last year, most likely it will all still work fine on the new phone. The heavier weight is definitely noticeable at first, but you get used to it quickly after a day or so.

The only new physical change this year is the addition of “rose gold” as a color option. Don’t let the name fool ya – it’s certainly very pink!

NEW FEATURES
This year, the main new features are 3D touch, higher resolution cameras (front and back), faster processor and graphics performance and a couple other software refinement and features.
-3D touch
This is the main event. Apple first introduced this concept with the Apple watch, when it was called Force Touch but it is now called 3D touch . Anyway, this feature adds another dimension to the user interface by allowing the phone to sense different depths of touch. Basically, the phone is now pressure-sensitive, just like Wacom tablets but obviously not that many levels of sensitivity. I think out of all the features and changes, this is the most defining and important addition to the iPhone. It allows for a more intuitive flow in apps that support it. Currently, there’s only a handful, and most are Apple’s in-house apps. But it’s only a matter of time before developers start figuring out how best to utilize this additional dimension.

-Upgraded cameras
This year Apple finally upgraded the cameras – both front and back. The front camera goes from 1.2MP to 5.0MP, a very noticeable jump. The screen now doubles as the flash for the front camera. All this should make all the selfie enthusiasts out there very happy. For the back camera, Apple bumped the spatial resolution from 8.0MP to 12MP and boosted the video capabilities with 4K video and slower slo-mo video at 1080p (now up to 120 fps vs last year’s 60 fps). In the process, Apple decided to go with a similar sensor size, which resulted in smaller pixel size (now 1.22 microns vs last year’s 1.5 microns). Apple says they used “deep trench” technology to deal with the increase in noise level associated with the smaller pixels. This is where the geek/photography enthusiast inside me kind of rolls my eyes slightly – this technology has been in place in other cameras and phones for a while now and is nothing new. It’s not something magical or revolutionary. That being said, the iPhone camera is definitely one of the best mobile cameras around. The response time is great with minimal shutter lag and shot-to-shot delay. Color balance and exposure generally is good to great, and noise levels in the captured images are generally very low.

The camera user interface remains largely unchanged from last year, except for the addition of Live Photos. This feature works by basically continuously capture a 12 fps video stream in the background when you turn on the camera. When you tap the shutter button to take a photo, the phone captures that image in time along with about 3 seconds of video before and after the shot. The result is a photo that when you press down using 3D Touch will come alive. Apple actually didn’t come up with this feature - HTC did it first back in early 2013 with the HTC One M7’s Zoe feature. It’s definitely very cool, but as always there are couple gotchas. First, the resulting “image” is basically a short video, and video clips take up a lot more space than a single photo. Apple was reluctant about how much additional space Live Photo would require. From my various Live Photo clips, it’s about 2 to 2.5 times a normal photo. That adds up quickly, especially if you have a 16GB phone. This was part of the reason why we went with the 64GB version. Second, it’s hard to make use of these proprietary short video clips, specifically in sharing. This was the main problem HTC ran into almost three years ago. Apple has a much, much bigger influence obviously, and I am cautiously optimistic that they will flex their muscles and get Live Photo support quickly with the major social media and other services. Time will tell, though.
Still a bit sad that the 6S doesn’t have optical image stabilization like the 6S Plus. Electronic image stabilization is nice but I still prefer optical, especially for video.

-Upgraded Video
Finally, 4K video! Okay, so it’s something that’s a bit of an overkill at the moment, since most people don’t have 4K TV sets yet. But it’s a nice feature to have and will futureproof the 6S as 4K TVs become more affordable and more common. Just be aware of the increased storage requirement for 4K video! I do like the improvement to the 1080p slow-motion video – now up to 120fps or twice as slow as before.

-Faster CPU/GPU
The new A9 processor is very impressive, despite still being just a dual-core processor. Now clocked at up to ~1.8Ghz or so, which is a healthy 400Mhz jump from last year’s A8 at 1.4Ghz. The GPU performance is very impressive as well. I like Apple’s focus here – most apps are still single or double-threaded, and being among the fastest in performance-per-core is a good strategy vs piling on more cores every iteration. Fact of the matter is, a phone is severely limited by the compromise between battery life and heat dissipation. If I am going to do real work, I would prefer to use a powerful desktop or workstation.

One added benefit with the improved A9 is the M9 coprocessor, which among other things allow for constant-on for Siri. This means you no longer have to be plugged in to trigger the “hey siri” voice command. Personally, I am not a big Siri user outside of messing around for fun. But if you rely on Siri heavily, this could be a big improvement.

Also, finally Apple gave us 2GB of RAM! I believe this contributed equally if not more to the overall increased speed and smoothness in daily usage with the 6S. One GB RAM is just not enough anymore – hasn’t been for at least a year or two now.

-Other Misc Improvements
There’s of course iOS 9, which adds a host of features and tweaks. Biggest thing for me personally was the claimed improvement in battery life. Other improvements include a faster Touch ID (I can definitely feel the difference, pretty much instantaneous log-in now) and tougher Gorilla glass and more robust aluminum chassis to prevent a repeat of “bend-gate” from last year. They all add up to a much more refined phone compared to the 6.

Also, it appears Apple beefed up the seals in the 6s, and unofficial tests show that this phone will survive being dunked in water for a few minutes. Some are even saying up to 30 min or more. I personally haven’t tested it and will not be doing so for obvious reasons. But it’s good to know the added protection is there if I ever need it.

POTENTIAL PROBLEMS
With a little bit over two weeks of daily usage, I haven’t encountered any major issues. There are two potential problems that I’d like to point out:
1. Battery life – The 6S actually has a battery that’s about 100mah or ~5% smaller than last year’s 6. This is a bit disappointing for me. I understand the physical limitations with implementing 3D Touch, which required more space from other components. It’s just I am sure I am not alone when I say battery life is one of the few areas where we really need some improvement. Apple claims iOS 9 made up for the smaller battery, but just imagine if the 6S had a bigger battery, or even the same size as the 6. Regression is not good in this department, in my opinion.

From my personal usage pattern, the 6S has more or less comparable battery life for light usage. But more intensive tasks like video, facebook, FaceTime, etc, I feel there’s a slightly decrease in overall battery life. Not enough to cause alarm, but just enough to take away from the otherwise refined experience.

2. CPU Chip lottery – This is a fairly new development that came out over the past week. Basically, Apple had outsourced the production of the A9 chip to two companies, Samsung and Taiwan Semiconductor (TSMC). I won’t get into the technical details since that’s a whole other can of worm, but essentially the TSMC chip from informal testing has shown to give up to an extra two hours of battery life. That is not an insignificant difference. There are apps around that you can use to check your phone’s CPU. I used Lirum Device Info Lite, which is free. If your 6S has a N71MAP CPU, then it’s the better TSMC chip. If it’s N71AP, then it’s the inferior Samsung chip. Apple’s official statement as of today is that the difference is negligible. And maybe it is for some people. But as a tech enthusiast, it’s annoying and frustrating. Fortunately, we lucked out as both of our 6S’s are TSMC chips. If I got the Samsung chip, I actually would seriously consider asking for an exchange at the Apple Store.

SUMMARY
The 6S is a very nice upgrade over last year’s 6. Refinement is the operative word here, which is what we expected from a S year model. If you have a 6 though, I am not sure if it’s worth the upgrade especially now with carriers doing away with subsidies. But if you’re coming from anything older, this is a great upgrade and should be good enough to last at least two years if not more.
Michael R.
Tallahassee, FL
My daughter gave me a Galaxy S8 for Mother's Day and it uses a different charger than all of the cords that I currently have.
Instead of having to buy a bunch of new chargers for the different rooms in the house, this solves everything!
This charger works anywhere with any of your old charging cords!
You just plug in to the base of this stand and set your phone on it and voila'! It's charged.
So happy that I can just place my phone on this device And charge my phone in no time .
Natalia R.
Apple iPhone 6s  Merece la pena comprar el iPhone 6s en 2018, sin ninguna duda . El precio oficial es un poco elevado, pero se trata de un terminal muy compatible con servicios como Apple Pay y "Oye Siri". Como es evidente, estos están fuera de los parámetros que incorporan en nuevos terminales: pantallas OLED con mejor tecnología, resistencia a salpicaduras, Face ID, carga inalámbrica , cámaras duales y los Animoji.
Ana H.
Santa Barbara
The APPLE iPHONE 6 is the best thing that has happened to me. I love this phone so much. I got the 64GB one and I have SO many apps and I´m not even halfway done with using all of the 64GB. I totally recommend it. It is easy to use and I think that there could be a bit of a use of improvement like with some apps that freeze but it might be because of the apps and not the phone. I highly recommend this phone.
Bhanwarpreet B.
Ozone Park, NY
Techie Expert Level 1
I used to love my iPhone 6 until things stopped working with the recent update. With iOS 11, my GPS stopped working and the phone started lagging. Up until then, I used to love it. I like the size of the screen and the light weight of the phone. I wish that the battery would last longer. The battery started dying so much quicker with the new update as well. I wish that Apple would stop doing that!
Stevi L.
McDonough, GA
Do you prefer iPhone or Android? And why?
Jennifer S.
Tulsa, OK
Color poll, which do you have?
Jamie H.
Youngsville, NC
Techie Expert Level 4
Would you prefer Apple or Samsung?
Candy C.
Is the 6s better than the 6?
Victoria H.