Start your review of Apple iPhone 5!
How would you rate this product?
St Petersburg, FL
I have always had LG's since I've had my cell phone & have had NO problems whatsoever! So my 15yr old daughter wanted an iPhone for her birthday & after much discussion & thought we agreed on it BUT the 5 as a sort of practice phone! I really don't understand the hype! They're SO expensive($350 on sale!) & come out with a new one or 2 every year-I can't keep up & they are SO fragile!! Who in their right mind would make a phone with glass components-IT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE AT ALL BUT FROM A MARKETING PERSPECTIVE IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE! WE HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH THIS PHONE-ALL PROBLEMS!!!! I've NEVER had any of these problems EVER with my LG! I don't care for the configuration & searching system-always crashes! Then, you have to pay EXTRA for storage!!?? I HONESTLY believe Apple has ALOT of ppl wrapped around their lil apple, lol!!! As much as phones change, upgrade & get better, I personally don't want to be stuck with a $1200 phone knowing in a few months another bigger & better one will be out there only for a new, better one
My iPhone 5 was the first iPhone I ever had, and I’ve never had a serious problem with it. It was purchased through Target and Tracfone for around $200, significantly cheaper than MSRP. Even though at the time it was already 2+ generations behind, it’s been a really trooper and then only reason I decided to upgrade was because the phone itself was a little on the small side and we found the iPhone 6 also through Target/Tracfone for the same price. My mom got my 5 when I upgraded, and it’s still going strong to this day with no issues.
Modesto, CA
Yes, it's expensive. But it works as promised. Battery life is good, though it could always be better. It takes great photos. It has a great App Store. Software updates are fast. Even Apple Maps works quite well, and I've used it successfully for directions a few times now, although it still needs more data in order to match the richness of Google's Maps app. After almost a year of use I have found the iPhone to be reliable and consistent. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase, and I would recommend this phone.
Elizabeth
This phone is not too useful I have this phone still because I have a lot of information on it. It is sometimes very slow, it is very affordable as it is very low class there are over six more phones ahead of this, there is a lot of room for improvement, such as the new update it is a very low update at the moment therefore you can barely get any of the newer apps, but my quality is very poor especially on apps, there should be a lot of improvements this phone has a lot of capability.
Dallas, TX
I purchased this model for my son an it was reasonably priced due to it being the older model from the previous year. It’s worked great up until the newer updates came out. It isn’t able to update to have access to the newer features. His phone actually just started acting up last night it just keeps flickering on & off an wont charge. I recommend investing in iPhones since they last long an give you few problems.
This product is great for internet access on the fly and is greatly beneficial for college work. This product met and surpassed my expectations initially. But after the newer version was released the speed slowed down substantially. I would suggest that maybe if when the newer version is released there could be an update that would not slow down the older version
Carmichael
Well, the iPhone 5 is a bit outdated now, but it was a good phone when I had it.  The screen is a little small so it's nice that they've made the new ones with bigger screens.  Best feature is that it's an iPhone.  All my iPhones have lasted through my use and then I passed them down to my kids to use so iPhones are always good phones!
Albion
I traveled 40+ minutes away to get the iPhone 5 when it came out years ago. I was super excited because it was the first contract I was entering into as well as being the first phone I purchased with my own money. I was so happy with my experience that I later got the iPhone 6, 7 plus, and I currently have the 11 in purple.
Hillsboro, KY
I started my Apple journey on an Apple iPhone 3. After using the 3, I decided that Apple was the one for me. While the 5 isn't currently feasible for my needs, at the time, it was perfect. The Mac operating system is incredibly user friendly. The screens are easy to navigate and everything is right there.
Hornell, NY
At the time I got this phone, it was a model or two behind but worked fine. I actually still like the smaller size of this phone, but the battery drained very quickly after the first year and I was unable to continue using it after a few years because it couldn’t support the updates needed for many of my apps

188 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...