Cara L.
Cara L.
Iowa City, IA

If you already have the iPhone 4s, is it worth upgrading to an iPhone 5?
Nicole C.
Nicole C.
Oct. 1, 2013, 3:51 p.m.
My husband has a 4s and a 5. The 4s is his personal phone, the 5 is from work. He doesn't see much difference at all. Just a larger screen on the 5 and a different plug.
Larissa M.
Larissa M.
June 25, 2013, 11:32 p.m.
My best friend got the 5 and her screen shattered the first week she had it. I have heard that there is not much difference between the 4s and the 5. Except the 5 is much more fragile.
Alyssa S.
Alyssa S.
June 5, 2013, 10:23 p.m.
No there isn't too much difference. Unless you are into having the newest tech stuff you will be fine with keeping your current phone.
jayna p.
jayna p.
June 1, 2013, 10:38 a.m.
If you have the iphone 4 there is no need to switch to the iphone5. They are both the same thing and do the same stuff. What is different is the size and how stuff uploads
Crystal N.
Crystal N.
May 25, 2013, 11:54 p.m.
In my opinion, No. The one and only thing different is the size.
Ashley H.
Ashley H.
May 21, 2013, 7:18 p.m.
From what I have heard the Iphone 5 is the same thing as the Iphone 4. The only thing different is the size and the camera. Everything is the same. And in my opinion I like how small the 4 is. Fits in my pocket without being to big for my pocket. But if you want to upgrade it's your choice. I would play with someone else's before buying the 5.
Julie F.
Julie F.
May 18, 2013, 2:46 p.m.
I did not because I thought it wasn't worth all the change in adapters, my husband did. Now looking at what I keep complaining about, (battery life) and he has no issues, I wish I had.
Erica W.
Erica W.
May 13, 2013, 2:57 p.m.
Not really, there are a few improvements. For example the camera quality is a lot better, and the sleekness of the phone is nice. Nothing major though.
Heather M.
Heather M.
May 9, 2013, 3:26 p.m.
Everyone that I have talked to that upgraded to the iphone5 wishes they wouldn't have. I would just stay with the iphone4
Kaitlynn E.
Kaitlynn E.
May 4, 2013, 9:52 a.m.
Honestly, they're pretty much the same phone. The only difference is the 5 has a longer screen, a different charging connector (that won't be compatible with docking stations you own, if you have any) and a headphone jack that's been moved to the bottom. Knowing apple, the 5s or 6 will come out soon. Just wait for those if there isn't anything wrong with your 4s.
Gabrielle C.
Gabrielle C.
April 29, 2013, 5:22 p.m.
Yes I am about to upgrade now :)
Traci M.
Traci M.
April 23, 2013, 3:38 a.m.
To me, i don't care about a bigger screen, my sister has one and its bigger, she cant fit it in her pocket
Tyra B.
Tyra B.
April 18, 2013, 10:39 a.m.
Yes, only because i like to stay updated , iphone 6 was suppose to be coming out
Savannah S.
Savannah S.
April 14, 2013, 1:59 p.m.
When it was time for my upgrade I had the choice of getting either the 5 or the 4s. I chose the 4s because of various reasons. 1)None of my friends had the 5, say i forgot my charger, no worries because the 4s and down all have the same chargers. I think switching chargers was a fault on Apple's part, plus i have heard that the 5 chargers break very easily. 2) 5 is bigger yes i know, but if you have little hands like me, holding an iphone 5 to my ear compared to the 4s looks like I'm holding an ipad to my ear. The only perk i honestly like about the 5 compared to anyother would be that the 5 is lighter, and you can definitely tell a difference compared to the others. I'm personally waiting on the newest iphone to see if it will outway my liking of the 4s and sway me to upgrade.
William L.
William L.
April 10, 2013, 9:44 a.m.
Here's the thing. If you're due for an upgrade anyway, I'd say yes. I didn't realize how convenient the new charging port was. But if not, I wouldn't spend the money
Abbie H.
Abbie H.
March 18, 2013, 6:58 p.m.
I would say wait until you have an upgrade. I love my 4s and although the 5 is newer, there is a different charger and you need all new adapters. If you're like me and your phone is always dying there are more 3,4, and 4s chargers floating around at your friends house than there are 5
Emily T.
Emily T.
March 17, 2013, 7:44 p.m.
An iPhone 4s is perfectly fine. Heck even an iPhone 4 is good. I would only consider getting an iPhone 5 if my phone breaks, maybe not even then!
Jennifer T.
Jennifer T.
March 10, 2013, 3:10 p.m.
No, only if you need to newest and best. If you love you 4 stick with it.
Inyoung L.
Inyoung L.
Feb. 26, 2013, 12:44 p.m.
I originally got an iPhone 5...I had my iPhone 3GS for THREE years and needed an upgrade...the battery life on the iPhone 5 sucks...first of all, and I'm always on the go...work/school/etc. so I needed a phone that would last me around 6 hours minimum...iPhone 5 did not do that. I ended up trading my phone for the iPhone 4S, and I am in LOVE with it. The iPhone 5, in my opinion is too delicate, and I would worry about it all the time...save yourself some stress and get the iPhone 4S! The iPhone 5S or newer iPhone is coming out soon anyways...!
Emily S.
Emily S.
Feb. 25, 2013, 3:20 p.m.
If you use your camera on your iPhone 4s a lot and want a better quality camera then I would suggest switching. iPhone 5 isn't that different from the iPhone 4s.
Nina W.
Nina W.
Feb. 24, 2013, 5:09 a.m.
I didn't want an iphone 5, cause of the size. 4s is perfect in size in my opinion. I've checked it out, and it just doesn't do it for me. I'm perfectly satisfied with my 4s.
Cindy N.
Cindy N.
Feb. 19, 2013, 7:08 a.m.
I don't think it is i personally am waiting until my phone breaks or when my plans over because they're probably going to come out with another iphone later that's better

Join Now