Add a Photo

Photos (38)
Diana S.
Diana S.
Philadelphia, PA

I literally had this phone since 2011 just like everyone else, and even now people still ask if it's a new phone or not. I've dropped it multiple times and have had no damages to it. The iPhone 4s is definitely the most durable and most significant of all the models of the iPhone if you compare it to the grand scale of smart phones out there. The thing that broke my iPhone 4s? All the new iOS updates and upgrades after they stopped manufacturing the phone. If they made phones to last longer like they do in Japan, they would still have business. The battery life is complete crap, my dock is having problems. I've been doing some self manual fixes to it to make it last as much as I can, honestly after I get enough money I am not upgrading to a newer Apple phone. Apple products may be easy to use for the majority of people, but the Apple iPhone has not been on point with any other models of the technology world. My sister has already replaced her iPhone 6 four times. What advantages do the newer upgrades have that other smart phones do not? Sharing texts over wifi? I mean there's a lot of good phones with good camera resolution out there. Apple products can be great products, but there's better out there, but unless your technologically savvy then they're not. I don't know why anyone would want to purchase an iPhone 4s, if you must, go to an iPhone 5 or 5s. Though I've used windows products all my life, i used to be a tech at d&b, so I'm going over to android or a different smart phone brand that has what I'm looking for and is not Apple.
Natalie A.
Natalie A.

I've had an iPhone 4s literally since my junior year of high school, which would now be 5 years ago (wow time flies). I've seen my friends go through all the Apple phones, from the 4s to the 6 plus, and I have to say that although my phone is starting to get extremely slow to the point that it's making me want to just switch completely, it is the most durable of all the iPhones. I have never in my life cracked my screen, and I am a very clumsy person; I've dropped my phone numerous times throughout the past 5 years, and not once has it cracked. It has had some issues when I drop it that you can't hear someone when they call you unless you put it on speaker, but that problem has typically resolved itself (it's happened a couple of times). The one complaint I have about this phone is that the camera is the worst quality ever, so if you're into taking pictures you should probably invest in a good camera or a more modern iPhone. The pictures always come out grainy and lack a lot of color when you take pictures in the daytime or outdoors. They just will never look good. Another complaint I have is that my phone has gotten extremely slow when it comes to opening and loading apps. It'll take me a good minute to open up Facebook or for Instagram to load its feed, which is frustrating. Definitely will be upgrading soon, but the one thing I'll miss is the durability of this phone. Nothing compares.
melissa g.
melissa g.
Ellwood City, PA

I purchased a black 16GB iPhone 4S, and for years I've used Android phones, and it was hard getting use to the Apple. I got a great deal on my Apple 4s, and got my son one, which he loves. I myself am not too thrilled with it, especially coming from the android family of phones. I do like the gorilla glass very much, because I have dropped it numerous times, and it is still intact. The sound/ringer on the phone seems to this day, on it's own turn the volume down, I constantly had to check and raise the volume on it. I no longer have the phone, as I gave it to my husband, but he has had the same problem with it.

I did like the dual-core processor and and for it to have only and 8 megapixel camera, it does take awesome, clear pictures. I also like the features of Siri, which is a voice assistant heeding natural-language questions and commands, and taking dictation. Other features of this smartphone include a gorgeous 3.5-inch high-resolution display, full web browser, Bluetooth compatibility, music player, WiFi, and 8GB of of internal memory.

I didn't like the fact that Apple store, basically charges for apps, that I could get on Google Play for free. My husband likes it, and he doesn't seem to want to upgrade, so all in all, we are satisfied customers.

Heather M.
Heather M.
Fairborn, OH

I love my 4s and my Verizon service! I have only had an issue once where out of nowhere my phone would not call out or anything, but I was able to reach my local Verizon location and they told me how to do a soft reset which saved the day! I also got a great price on this phone when the newer models came out. I wanted an iPhone but just couldn't afford the price. The one I have is a refurbished model, but they go through more testing than the freshly made ones is what the seasoned Verizon employee explained to me. I also got a great plan! I prepay just 45/month and have the best service around. I honestly went to other phone stores first thinking Verizon was too expensive, and after standing there 5 minutes or more in several stores and not even being acknowledged I was out of there! My local Verizon has someone waiting at the front door to see what the customer needs and either help or get them to the right employee that can! Love my phone, love my service!
Chryssa J.
Chryssa J.
San Diego, CA

These older-model iPhones can be found fairly cheaply, but they can still run the latest version if iOS, so you don't have to worry about app compatibility. Siri's there too, and just as helpful (or...not) as she is in other versions of the iPhone. The 16GB model can hold enough tunes to get you through a commute, along with a decent number of apps and photos, but you won't be downloading movies and videos on this device. Plus, if you're an app junkie like me, you'll find yourself deleting apps, photos, and music all the time to make room for the latest and greatest.

All told, it's still an iPhone with all that great Apple quality, but on the cheap. If you aren't ready to invest in a newer upgrade, this one will still work for a while longer. Beware, though... older models eventually become unsupported, and this one is now the oldest still-supported model, which means it will get cut with the next generation.
Suma S.
Suma S.
Holt, MI

I have the 16 GB Space Grey Unlocked version. I have never been a fan of iPhones and this is my first one. Let me be honest, I only bought an iPhone because i could not find a good replacement for my previous HTC One X+. As someone switching from the Android platform, i had a lot of trouble copying my contacts and photos. Having to depend on ITunes etc to copy music to my phone puts me off. The battery seems to last ok..nothing to write home about for someone who does spend a considerable amount of time browsing on my phone. The photo quality is good and the iPhone makes life easier if family and friends are also users of Apple products since Face Time and Air Drop features are very convenient.

Overall would switch back to Android the next time i am in the market for a new phone.
Mariama C.
Mariama C.
Westerville, OH

I currently have an iphone 4s and I personally feel there's always a problem with it. It's very easy to use and understand though. It's a little pricey for the amount of problems it tend to have. It did not meet my expectations, there's always a series of bad events occurring with this phone. Some examples include it losing battery power VERY rapidly, to the point where I have to charge it more than 4 times a day. It randomly shuts off even though it's at a good battery percentage. Currently, my screen is black but the battery is fine, and I can hear my notifications and sounds but it's just a black screen which is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. I f you want an iphone, i would recommend purchasing a newer version because you'll screw yourself over with this one :)
Payton S.
Payton S.

I had this phone up until September of last year and it was a trusty phone.

It might have had a bad camera compared to my new phone (the 6s 64 gig) but it did the job.

I had it for a good 4 years and it only cracked within the last 6 months. But I had went through 2 speck candyshell cases and 2 otter box defender cases in the duration of having this phone.

The newer software makes the phone run a bit slower.

Also do not get this size phone if you are planning not to delete all your photos after uploading them onto a computer or a hard drive. The space runs out quick.

Overall it was a great phone at its height but now it just lacks in comparison to the newer ones.

My recommendation: Do not get this phone now but opt for the 5s or the 6
Sarah B.
Sarah B.
Fort Bragg, NC

Came quick and in the "original" packaging. loved my old iphone4 before my job gave me a company phone. got laid off, went through another phone and 2 numbers before i went back to the (current) iphone4. only reason i give it 3 stars is because it is a refurbished phone (1 star off), and the home button slowly rotates clockwise (and 2nd star off). instead of pressing a squared off, well, square, it turns into a diamond, then back to a square, and the cycle continues. considering those 2 reasons, I'm giving this thing about a year before it takes a dump on me. i would have bought from the virgin mobile site again, but they stopped carrying iphones for some reason or another, so i resorted to this.
Brittney R.
Brittney R.

I'm incredibly loyal to the iPhone, not necessarily the Apple brand in general, but iPhones specifically. I generally have no interest in other smartphones as only ever replace my phone with an upgraded iPhone. So why 4 stars instead of 5? Because I recommend investing in the iPhone with a higher memory. 16GB is the smaller memory, and you'll breeze through that before you know it. Our lives are on our phones these days, and it's something you'll use everyday, so to me it's worth it to spend the extra money on something you're going to use so frequently. Cost per use makes it worthwhile. Besides, if your phone is always out of memory, that's something that's going to annoy you on a daily basis.
Mariz R.
Mariz R.
Pittsburg, CA

Favorite feature on this phone?
Natasha T.
Natasha T.
Aiea, HI

Is it worth it to switch over from an Android to an iPhone? I've been debating (:
Rosa V.
Rosa V.
San Jose, CA

What's your favorite app?
Frances S.
Frances S.

Any one else's 4s starting to act up because it is not supported by the software anymore?
Courtney L.
Courtney L.
Oakhurst, CA

How long has your iPhone 4S lasted?

Join Now