BY APPLE #17 in Tablets

Connectivity: Wi-Fi

Storage: 16 GB / 32 GB / 64 GB / 128 GB

Color: Gold / Silver / Space Gray

All refurbished iPad models include:

• The same 1-year warranty as a brand new iPad
  • All manuals and accessories
  • A new battery and outer shell
  • A new white box

• Smart covers (sold separately), instant on
  • Multi-Touch screen
  • .96 pound and 0.24 inch

Apple Certified Refurbished Products:

• Quality products at great prices
  • Rigorous refurbishment process prior to sale
  • Covered by Apple’s one-year limited warranty This will open a new window.
  • Covered by Apple’s 14-day returns policy This will open a new window.
  • AppleCareThis will open a new window. product can be purchased
  • Engraving and gift wrap not available for refurbished products
  • Supplies are limited

System Requirements:

• Apple ID (required for some features)
  • Internet access

Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:

• Mac: OS X v10.6.8 or later
  • PC: Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
  • iTunes 10.7 or later (free download from www.apple.com/itunes/download)

Environmental Requirements:

• Operating ambient temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C), Non-operating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C), Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing, and Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet (3000m)
  • iPad Air 2 is designed with the following features to reduce environmental impact:
  • Arsenic-free display glass
  • Mercury-free LED-backlit display
  • Brominated flame retardant–free
  • PVC-free
  • Beryllium free
  • Recyclable aluminium enclosure
  • Power adapter that outperforms strictest global energy-efficiency standards
  • Speaker enclosures made with 30 percent post-consumer recycled plastic

So capable, you won’t want to put it down. So thin and light, you won’t have to.

iPad Air 2 is an impossibly thin 6.1 millimeters. And it weighs less than a pound. So it’s even easier to hold in one hand and take with you anywhere.

Not just a thinner display. A better display.

By fusing what had been three layers into one, we were able to make the Retina display even thinner. That also made the display better, with more vivid colors and greater contrast. And a new anti-reflective coating makes it the least reflective display of any tablet in the world.

Security based on a one‑of-a-kind design: your fingerprint.

iPad Air 2 comes with our breakthrough Touch ID technology. With just one touch, it scans your fingerprint and instantly unlocks your iPad. It even lets you make secure purchases in iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store.

Two amazing cameras. Cleverly disguised as an iPad.

The new iSight camera in iPad Air 2 has advanced optics, an improved sensor, and a powerful Apple-designed image signal processor. There are also new features like panorama, time-lapse videos, slo-mo, and burst and timer modes. And the FaceTime HD camera has an all-new sensor and larger pixels for improved low-light performance.

Massive power. In its most minimal form.

The A8X chip delivers better CPU and graphics performance than its predecessor. In fact, with its 64-bit desktop-class architecture, iPad Air 2 is as powerful as many personal computers. And yet it still gives you up to 10 hours of battery life.

Faster Wireless. Good things come to those who don’t wait.

Wi-Fi on iPad Air 2 is fast - more than twice as fast as the previous generation. The Wi-Fi + Cellular model is equipped with faster, more advanced LTE technology. And you can choose from a variety of carriers and flexible short-term plans.

Apps designed for iPad. And everything you want to do with it.

iPad Air 2 comes with powerful built-in apps that let you surf the web, check email, edit movies and photos, write documents, or read a book. And there are hundreds of thousands of apps on the App Store, all designed specifically for the larger Retina display.

iOS. The world’s most advanced mobile operating system.

iOS is even easier to use with features like Control Center, AirDrop, and smarter multitasking. And because it’s designed for iPad, everything not only looks beautiful, it runs beautifully.

Technical Specifications:

Processor: A8X chip with 64-bit architecture and M8 motion coprocessor

Display:

• Retina display
  • 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
  • 2048-by-1536-pixel resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi)
  • Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
  • Fully laminated display
  • Anti-reflective coating

Power and Battery:

• Built-in 27.3-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
  • Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music1
  • Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system

• Facetime
  • iPad Air to any FaceTime-enabled device over Wi-Fi

Audio:

• Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
  • Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
  • User-configurable maximum volume limit

• Tap to focus
  • Photo geotagging
  • Timer mode

Video Recording:

• 1080p HD video recording (30 fps)
  • Slo-mo (120 fps)

Wireless:

• Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac); dual channel (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO
  • Bluetooth 4.0 technology

TV and Video:

• AirPlay Mirroring, photos, audio, and video out to Apple TV (2nd generation or later)
  • Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)
  • Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 60 frames per second, High Profile level 5.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

Intelligent Assistant:

• Siri3 - Use your voice to send messages, set reminders, and more
  • Use hands-free
  • Listen and identify songs

Mail Attachment Support:

Viewable document types: .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel); .zip; .ics

Location:

• Digital compass
  • iBeacon microlocation
  • Wi-Fi

Accessibility:

• VoiceOver screen reader
  • Guided Access
  • Switch Control
  • Support for playback of closed-captioned content
  • AssistiveTouch
  • On/Off labels
  • Invert colors
  • Left/right volume adjustment

Size and weight:

• Height: 9.4 inches (240 mm)
  • Width: 6.6 inches (169.5 mm)
  • Depth: 0.24 inch (6.1 mm)
  • Weight: 0.96 pound (437 g)

Buy on Walmart*
Diyana S.
Diyana S.
Placentia, CA
I’ve never owned an iPad. Have had Macs for the longest time. We needed to replace my Dad’s old PPC iMac. But only because web sites weren’t working anymore. So instead of a Laptop or new iMac this fit the bill for the size, portability, and price. We got a Logitech Type + Keyboard from BB that works really well as a mini laptop. It was relatively easy to setup. Just have passwords ready. Lots of steps but understandably so. It’s very responsive. Since I’ve used Mac OS for may years iOS takes getting used to. you can download a free user book from the iBooks store. 16GB is more like 10-11 though. We wont’ use it for too many photos and videos. The power cable is long enough but could be extended. We’ll use it plugged in like my laptop. the best buy associate said heavy daily use the battery could last two years. We hope to get more out of it than that. everyone I know who has an iPad loves it
Chris H.
Chris H.
New Orleans, LA
I've used apple products for 10 years now but have resisted the iPad up until now for some reason. I didn't see a use for it really. When I found myself in the market for a new e-reader though, I started considering some of the other benefits of an iPad. I caved and invested in one. I have to say this thing has almost replaced my laptop! I do everything on it and more except for anything that requires extensive typing. I'll always need a real keyboard for that! But having the iPad with you at all times is like having your laptop, book, magazine, calendar, schedule for the day, to-do lists, reminders....and then so many apps that you'll find yourself incorporating into your life professionally and personally. It's hard to go back once you bring it in :p
Lara R.
Lara R.
Littleton, CO
This won't be a long review lol my first tablet was the very first Apple IPad since I have bought other less expensive tablets for my kids and even one for me to be able to take on the go (and not have to take my iPad out of the house lol) and they ha e all broken easily and not lasted very long...shoot ahead 6yrs and my old original iPad has been thru my younger kids and 10 grand kids and still going strong....I only bought a new iPad for the updated features and camera and my older one could not be updated anymore so I handed it down to the grand babies, but that's OK its rugged enough and can handle it.
Amanda C.
Amanda C.
Yonkers, NY
128 GB are the best! I don't have to worry about how many apps I download because my space is basically limitless! The Retina Display is amazing, and one of the reasons that I constantly watch videos on the tablet. Of course, its large size is a little difficult to hold in one hand, but I'm not complaining. I use it with a keyboard cover anyway, so it's like my mini laptop. I just wish it wasn't so glitchy. Sometimes it would close apps randomly or restart, and I've been taking good care of it so this odd behavior is kind of baffling to say the least.
Nikki D.
Nikki D.
Plymouth, MI
I used to be all about Team Android: I crossed over to the Dark Side and I'll never go back. This tablet is amazing. The feel is nice, metal finish, the gold is absolutely stunning - though prone to smudges and dings- but I don't have a cover for this and it's just fine. The battery life is phenomenal, the space, the speed, the screen everything is amazing. The connectivity they have with the iPhone is amazing as I can relay texts and phone calls to my tablet as well. I will continue to buy these tablets.
Christine S.
Christine S.
Albuquerque, NM
I bought my first iPad as a college freshman four years ago; it was an iPad 3. Oh boy that thing was heavy and bulky! As a senior gift to myself, I upgraded to the new iPad Air 2. After all those years with a 16GB iPad, I knew that I needed more space on the next one I bought. I paired this iPad with a keyboard case by Zagg, and it works amazing. I love not having to lug my laptop to class, when I can conveniently take notes on something smaller and lighter and probably gets the job done faster!
Evangelina P.
Evangelina P.
I love my iPad air I stumbled upon it after going to the Apple Store to replace a laptop I didn't think I would want an iPad at the time but after I brought this back way home it is the best thing that Apple has ever meet I get so many uses out of it and it is so great because of all the features you can do if you were debating on getting this product I highly recommend that you go and get it it is so worth every penny I love this thing
Maria L.
Maria L.
El Cerrito, CA
I absolutely love my gold iPad Air 2. It's not too heavy or too light, that I feel it is fragile. The screen is the perfect size. Not too overwhelming that I feel like I'm using a laptop but way better than my small iPhone screen. It's perfect for binge watching TV shows on a lazy day in bed. The interface is super easy and simple as all apple products tend to be. I would definitely recommend this tablet to everyone!
Melanie D.
Melanie D.
Longmont, CO
I had a ipad mini before this and boy am I glad that I upgraded to the air 2. The screen quality and graphics alone are a world of difference and the handling power of the air is unbelievable. I would really recommend this tablet as it's super portable while still being reliable and worth every penny. Now my air gets used almost more than my mini or my macbook just since its so easy to just pick up my air and go.
Jessa B.
Jessa B.
Saint Paul, MN
My fiancé bought this when his laptop crapped out about 6 months ago, and he loves it. We are definitely an apple family, and he likes having his iPad and phone connected, so that what he does on his phone is reflected on his iPad, and vice versa. We like how thin in is, and it fits perfectly in my purse when we want to take it somewhere. We've never had any problems with how it runs, and hopefully won't!
krista b.
krista b.
Does anyone have any issues with your camera? Ours seems to be very pixelated and blurry unless i am outside .
Linda P.
Linda P.
San Francisco, CA
How is the battery life on the iPad Air 2?
Simona C.
Simona C.
ottawa, ON
Does it make games fun to play nice photos too
Tasha B.
Tasha B.
Detroit, MI
Which is better android or apple
Samantha C.
Samantha C.
Baraga
How is the Internet connection when out & about? Wanting to upgrade my iPad but want to see what makes this one better than the others. How is sound quality?