BY APPLE #23 in Apps

iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBooks Store, where you can download the latest bestselling books or your favorite classics – day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favorite passages. Download books • Download best-sellers and classic books from the iBooks Store • Find fully illustrated books, including children's picture books, designed art books, photo books, cook books, and more in the iBooks Store • Experience gorgeous fullscreen Multi-Touch books filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, videos, and more • Read a free sample of any book on the iBooks Store before making it a part of your permanent collection Great ways to read • Choose from seven beautiful fonts and three easy-to-read page colors • Highlight your favorite passages and add notes with the built-in bookmarking features • Share quotes or thoughts about your favorite book with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages, or Mail • Find a word, character, or phrase anywhere in your book with the built-in search feature • Easily adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment • Scroll through your books with the flick of a finger using the scroll view • Use iBooks with the amazing accessibility features in iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch—such as speaking the words on a given page • Print PDF documents and notes you've written in iBooks using AirPrint iCloud features • Organize your books and PDFs into personal Collections that appear on all your devices • Keep bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page up-to-date everywhere using iCloud • See all your iBooks Store purchases in iCloud right on your bookshelf Supports open standards • iBooks also opens content published in the ePub and PDF formats • Add ePub and PDF documents to iTunes and sync them to iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch • You can also add PDF documents from Mail to your iBooks PDF Collection Requirements • The iBooks Store is available in many countries. The selection of books in the iBooks Store may vary by country • Downloading from the iBooks Store or using iCloud features requires an Apple ID and Internet access • Multi-Touch books created with iBooks Author can only be read using iBooks on iPad or Mac • Adding books and PDFs from outside the iBooks Store to iBooks requires they be DRM-free • Some PDF documents may not be compatible with iBooks see more...

Janae U.
Fresno, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
I usually keep iBooks just to see what the free books are like. You can find great gems in there. And even done some classics. It’s perfect for finding out your interests or if you’re like me and always looking for something new to read. Just easy and at your fingertips
Grace B.
I don’t really use this app much, when I do it doesn’t cause too much trouble. Sometimes it does because my page is very irritating but normally I read paperback books for school. Sometimes it’s not always a bit of ice on you so it’s easier to just use the paperback.
Brittany F.
Milton, DE
I read ALLLLL my books on iBooks. The only time I’m paying for books is when the free books are so great that your sucked into paying for the best one because you can’t get enough. Even then there only .99 most of the time! Love love Love!
Grace A.
Good to store my books has great features to save your place or take notes on a page. Allows you to change the font size and brightness. Always available which makes it a very reliable app. I recommend this to all my family and friends.
Noelle G.
Irving, TX
I started using this app to read to my daughter on the road and I just fell in love with it. There is a pretty wide array of free books and it makes life easier having them right on your phone. I'd definitely recommend it!
Liz T.
Techie Expert Level 1
I like having access to all my ebooks in one location, right on my phone or iPad. It’s very easy to buy additional books and gave them download to the app as well. The app is pretty reliable. I would recommend to others.
Lauren H.
Dallas, TX
Techie Expert Level 1
I may be somewhat old fashioned, but it’s hard to beat reading the hard copy version of a good book. Except I love iBooks because I have my library with me at all times and I can search for a new read anytime, anywhere
Veronica C.
El Paso, TX
Techie Expert Level 1
I love books and I prefer to read a book I can physically flip pages with. However this app offers me the chance to travel light and the chance to read my books anywhere. I enjoy the night and day feature tremendously!
Eli B.
I love iBooks because it allows me to read wherever I am. It does all that I need it to when on the go or at home. Very easy screen to read without straining my eyes. An all around fantastic resource!
Shamaine D.
Durham, NC
Techie Expert Level 2
This has been a life saver in terms of saving PDFs, books, and classwork! I first started using iBooks when I starting reading 50 Shades of Grey! After that I realized exactly how useful this app is.
Kyleigh S.