Add a Photo

By APPLE
#7 in Apps
iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBooks Store, where you can download the latest bestselling books or your favorite classics – day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favorite passages. Download books • Download best-sellers and classic books from the iBooks Store • Find fully illustrated books, including children's picture books, designed art books, photo books, cook books, and more in the iBooks Store • Experience gorgeous fullscreen Multi-Touch books filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, videos, and more • Read a free sample of any book on the iBooks Store before making it a part of your permanent collection Great ways to read • Choose from seven beautiful fonts and three easy-to-read page colors • Highlight your favorite passages and add notes with the built-in bookmarking features • Share quotes or thoughts about your favorite book with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages, or Mail • Find a word, character, or phrase anywhere in your book with the built-in search feature • Easily adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment • Scroll through your books with the flick of a finger using the scroll view • Use iBooks with the amazing accessibility features in iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch—such as speaking the words on a given page • Print PDF documents and notes you've written in iBooks using AirPrint iCloud features • Organize your books and PDFs into personal Collections that appear on all your devices • Keep bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page up-to-date everywhere using iCloud • See all your iBooks Store purchases in iCloud right on your bookshelf Supports open standards • iBooks also opens content published in the ePub and PDF formats • Add ePub and PDF documents to iTunes and sync them to iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch • You can also add PDF documents from Mail to your iBooks PDF Collection Requirements • The iBooks Store is available in many countries. The selection of books in the iBooks Store may vary by country • Downloading from the iBooks Store or using iCloud features requires an Apple ID and Internet access • Multi-Touch books created with iBooks Author can only be read using iBooks on iPad or Mac • Adding books and PDFs from outside the iBooks Store to iBooks requires they be DRM-free • Some PDF documents may not be compatible with iBooks
Photos (22)
Karla C.
Karla C.
City ojeda

iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBooks Store, where you can download the latest bestselling books or your favorite classics – day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favorite passages. Download books • Download best-sellers and classic books from the iBooks Store • Find fully illustrated books, including children's picture books, designed art books, photo books, cook books, and more in the iBooks Store • Experience gorgeous fullscreen Multi-Touch books filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, videos, and more • Read a free sample of any book on the iBooks Store before making it a part of your permanent collection Great ways to read • Choose from seven beautiful fonts and three easy-to-read page colors • Highlight your favorite passages and add notes with the built-in bookmarking features • Share quotes or thoughts about your favorite book with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages, or Mail • Find a word, character, or phrase anywhere in your book with the built-in search feature • Easily adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment • Scroll through your books with the flick of a finger using the scroll view • Use iBooks with the amazing accessibility features in iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch—such as speaking the words on a given page • Print PDF documents and notes you've written in iBooks using AirPrint iCloud features • Organize your books and PDFs into personal Collections that appear on all your devices • Keep bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page up-to-date everywhere using iCloud • See all your iBooks Store purchases in iCloud right on your bookshelf Supports open standards • iBooks also opens content published in the ePub and PDF formats • Add ePub and PDF documents to iTunes and sync them to iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch • You can also add PDF documents from Mail to your iBooks PDF Collection Requirements • The iBooks Store is available in many countries. The selection of books in the iBooks Store may vary by country • Downloading from the iBooks Store or using iCloud features requires an Apple ID and Internet access • Multi-Touch books created with iBooks Author can only be read using iBooks on iPad or Mac • Adding books and PDFs from outside the iBooks Store to iBooks requires they be DRM-free • Some PDF documents may not be compatible with iBooks
Krissia P.
Krissia P.

Zehra H.
Zehra H.
Mobile, AL

My entire physical home library has been rendered obsolete by Apple iBooks. Ever since I initially began using this app, my reading habits have completely changed. Not only is it extremely convenient to peruse, sample, and purchase books through iBooks (instant gratification! 😍), but it also saves me the bother of lugging heavy novels around wherever I go, attempting to read in the dark with clunky book lights, and even finding a place to store PDFs and important documents.

I appreciate the fact that fonts, background colors, and highlighting features are customizable, and I absolutely LOVE that my reading experience can be interactive: I have the ability to look up words in the dictionary, bookmark pages, and write notes on passages, without ever having to put down my device! My mood dictates my reading experience, which makes it all the more personal and enriching.

This being said, while transitioning from a physical library to a virtual one, I quickly realized that there are two major downsides a virtual library poses: I could not share books I had purchased at leisure, and I could no longer read while soaking in the bathtub (as is my habit). The former is one I am still struggling with, and the latter has been thoroughly addressed with the advent of the waterproof iPhone 7.

Taking everything into account, I would not hesitate to rate the iBooks app 5/5. It has positively revolutionized the way I function on a daily basis, adding both convenience and personalization to my reading experience.
Madison S.
Madison S.

I first used ibooks when I was headed to a long flight a realized I didnt have anything to keep me entertain so I quickly found a book and found out I could download books and magazines on my iphone. The process was quick and easy to download. This is great for me because I dont read all that often but I dont have carry around a book or kindle. I can just hop on my phone and read whenever I need to pass some time.

As far as the features, you can adjust the type size to really large or small and in between to get your perfect size. You can even change the font to one the better pleases your eyes as some people prefer to read with san serif fonts and some prefer a serif font and some might not wve care! They've got everybody covered. You can also adjust the brightness in the app. My favorite feature is that the app switches to a dark background with white letters when its dark so the white background is really bright in your face and makes reading in the dark more comfortable.

I gave thos 4 stars because there seems to be a little glitch in dofferentiating whether you are tapping to the next page or tapping to go to the setting.

I would still recommend the app!
Daniela G.
Daniela G.

Apple IBooks is the perfect app to download and read books. We have the IBooks Store, where we can buy countless books, included famous titles that are always giving back in the head of the audience. If you want to have an idea about a book before buying it, you can also download a free part of it, and start reading it immediatly!. This app is easy to use and a great tool for passionate readers!.
I could spend days and days reading at this app and never get bored!. ¡I love it!.
...............
Apple IBooks es la aplicación perfecta para descargar y leer libros. Tenemos el IBooks Store, donde podemos comprar un sin fin de libros, incluidos famosos títulos que siempre están dando vuelta en la cabeza de la audiencia. Si querés tener una idea sobre un libro antes de comprarlo, podes también descargar una parte del él gratis como demostración, y empezar a leerlo inmediatamente. ¡Esta aplicación es fácil de usar y es una gran herramienta para los lectores apasionados!.
¡Podría pasar días y días leyendo en esta aplicación y nunca aburrirme!. ¡Me encanta!.
Celia D.
Celia D.

Apple's ebook application for the iPad is called iBooks. It connects to the iBookstore where you can purchase ebooks to download and read in a matter of seconds, as long as you are willing to be locked into Apple's new ebook DRM, where you cannot view purchased books on anything but an iPad, iPhone, and iPod.

The iBooks app is compatible with DRM-free EPUB and PDF files and Apple's ebooks. Sorry, that's it for formats. If you load DRM encrypted EPUB files into iBooks they will not open.

Getting unencrypted EPUBs onto the device takes a few steps; you cannot drag and drop files directly to the iPad. First, you need to download the file to your computer if you don't already have a copy. Downloading EPUBs with the Safari web browser on the iPad itself will not work for this app.

Next, open iTunes and import the file. Then plug the iPad into your computer using the 30-pin USB connector. Once iTunes recognizes the iPad, it will sync your ebooks if you have auto-sync set-up, otherwise you'll need to manually sync.
Katie V.
Katie V.
Anniston, AL

I have always been one of those people to carry a Kindle traveling with me in addition to my iPad because I only enjoyed reading on my kindle and never cared for iBooks. My Kindle stopped working recently and I decided that while I waited for my new one to come in, that I would give iBooks a try on my iPad Pro and I have actually really enjoyed it! It seems to work much better than previous versions have and I really enjoy all of the customizations that it offers such as screen and type colors, fonts, sizes, night mode, scroll mode, etc. The only reason that I will probably continue to use my Kindle more for reading is because that the iPad Pro is too big to sit and hold when I am doing a serious book binge, but that is nothing to do with iBooks. If I will only be reading for a short while, I actually prefer iBooks now! It is also worth noting that the cost of books through Apple is now around the same as through Amazon Kindle, while they used to be much more expensive which is great!
Roxana J.
Roxana J.
Eden, NC

I really love iBooks. I like all the books showing up on the shelf and saving my place while I shuffle from book to book. Now that Apple has added the night shift feature, I feel more comfortable reading in bed at night.

I now prefer iBooks to real books, especially when reading long books because of the portability. If I'm on a long subway ride, a flight, traveling for work, I don't have to remember or carry a big heavy book around me. As long as I have my phone, I can pick up where I left off.

Another great feature is the "look up" feature. My vocabulary is decent, but I studied math in school, meaning English wasn't my favorite subject. I don't always know every word in every book, and being able to get a quick definition means minimal disruption with full comprehension.

The really nice thing is that iBooks syncs across my phone, iPad, and computer. Unlike other ebook offerings, this happens automatically so I can read no matter the device I'm using.

I definitely recommend iBooks!
Sara S.
Sara S.

I definitely recommend iBooks!
Shonda C.
Shonda C.

I cannot even begin to explain how essential this app is to my mental well being.. I read daily. Sometimes two or three books, depending on the size, my interest, ect. The selection of free books is great! I can usually find something to download and save my money. Another favorite feature would be the ability to change background, brightness, font size all from the page you are reading. I get headaches often, so being able to reduce the brightness and go to night view is important for me. Downsides... It crashes on my device, and recently has deleted my library. This has never happened before (deleting library). However, thank you Apple, you allow me to go to my purchased books and re-download any I need to. That to me is awesome!!! I've used the kindle app, and iBooks is by far superior. More to choose from, often cheaper or free, convenient. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Kyleigh S.