BY APPLE #30 in Apps

iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBooks Store, where you can download the latest bestselling books or your favorite classics – day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favorite passages. Download books • Download best-sellers and classic books from the iBooks Store • Find fully illustrated books, including children's picture books, designed art books, photo books, cook books, and more in the iBooks Store • Experience gorgeous fullscreen Multi-Touch books filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, videos, and more • Read a free sample of any book on the iBooks Store before making it a part of your permanent collection Great ways to read • Choose from seven beautiful fonts and three easy-to-read page colors • Highlight your favorite passages and add notes with the built-in bookmarking features • Share quotes or thoughts about your favorite book with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages, or Mail • Find a word, character, or phrase anywhere in your book with the built-in search feature • Easily adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment • Scroll through your books with the flick of a finger using the scroll view • Use iBooks with the amazing accessibility features in iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch—such as speaking the words on a given page • Print PDF documents and notes you've written in iBooks using AirPrint iCloud features • Organize your books and PDFs into personal Collections that appear on all your devices • Keep bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page up-to-date everywhere using iCloud • See all your iBooks Store purchases in iCloud right on your bookshelf Supports open standards • iBooks also opens content published in the ePub and PDF formats • Add ePub and PDF documents to iTunes and sync them to iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch • You can also add PDF documents from Mail to your iBooks PDF Collection Requirements • The iBooks Store is available in many countries. The selection of books in the iBooks Store may vary by country • Downloading from the iBooks Store or using iCloud features requires an Apple ID and Internet access • Multi-Touch books created with iBooks Author can only be read using iBooks on iPad or Mac • Adding books and PDFs from outside the iBooks Store to iBooks requires they be DRM-free • Some PDF documents may not be compatible with iBooks see more...

Jayde L.
Maryville
Great app! It is able to read different formats that can usually only be accessed on a desktop computer. I love how it automatically saves my files right there for easy access. Would definitely recommend iPhone users to start using this app, it comes on your phone!
Kierianne L.
Falls church, VA
I use this app when I find important documents through email or interesting articles online and save them here to review later. I don’t always use this app but I like knowing that they are there and I can access them whenever.
Zehra H.
My entire physical home library has been rendered obsolete by Apple iBooks. Ever since I initially began using this app, my reading habits have completely changed. Not only is it extremely convenient to peruse, sample, and purchase books through iBooks (instant gratification! 😍), but it also saves me the bother of lugging heavy novels around wherever I go, attempting to read in the dark with clunky book lights, and even finding a place to store PDFs and important documents.

I appreciate the fact that fonts, background colors, and highlighting features are customizable, and I absolutely LOVE that my reading experience can be interactive: I have the ability to look up words in the dictionary, bookmark pages, and write notes on passages, without ever having to put down my device! My mood dictates my reading experience, which makes it all the more personal and enriching.

This being said, while transitioning from a physical library to a virtual one, I quickly realized that there are two major downsides a virtual library poses: I could not share books I had purchased at leisure, and I could no longer read while soaking in the bathtub (as is my habit). The former is one I am still struggling with, and the latter has been thoroughly addressed with the advent of the waterproof iPhone 7.

Taking everything into account, I would not hesitate to rate the iBooks app 5/5. It has positively revolutionized the way I function on a daily basis, adding both convenience and personalization to my reading experience.
Charae H.
I’m an avid reader and prefer an actual book, but this is the perfect alternative when I don’t have one with me! Books are priced great and you can even find free ones. I love how the light inverts for easier reading depending on day or night time!
Krissia P.
iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBooks Store, where you can download the latest bestselling books or your favorite classics – day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favorite passages. Download books • Download best-sellers and classic books from the iBooks Store • Find fully illustrated books, including children's picture books, designed art books, photo books, cook books, and more in the iBooks Store • Experience gorgeous fullscreen Multi-Touch books filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, videos, and more • Read a free sample of any book on the iBooks Store before making it a part of your permanent collection Great ways to read • Choose from seven beautiful fonts and three easy-to-read page colors • Highlight your favorite passages and add notes with the built-in bookmarking features • Share quotes or thoughts about your favorite book with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages, or Mail • Find a word, character, or phrase anywhere in your book with the built-in search feature • Easily adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment • Scroll through your books with the flick of a finger using the scroll view • Use iBooks with the amazing accessibility features in iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch—such as speaking the words on a given page • Print PDF documents and notes you've written in iBooks using AirPrint iCloud features • Organize your books and PDFs into personal Collections that appear on all your devices • Keep bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page up-to-date everywhere using iCloud • See all your iBooks Store purchases in iCloud right on your bookshelf Supports open standards • iBooks also opens content published in the ePub and PDF formats • Add ePub and PDF documents to iTunes and sync them to iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch • You can also add PDF documents from Mail to your iBooks PDF Collection Requirements • The iBooks Store is available in many countries. The selection of books in the iBooks Store may vary by country • Downloading from the iBooks Store or using iCloud features requires an Apple ID and Internet access • Multi-Touch books created with iBooks Author can only be read using iBooks on iPad or Mac • Adding books and PDFs from outside the iBooks Store to iBooks requires they be DRM-free • Some PDF documents may not be compatible with iBooks
Katie B.
Anniston, AL
I have always been one of those people to carry a Kindle traveling with me in addition to my iPad because I only enjoyed reading on my kindle and never cared for iBooks. My Kindle stopped working recently and I decided that while I waited for my new one to come in, that I would give iBooks a try on my iPad Pro and I have actually really enjoyed it! It seems to work much better than previous versions have and I really enjoy all of the customizations that it offers such as screen and type colors, fonts, sizes, night mode, scroll mode, etc. The only reason that I will probably continue to use my Kindle more for reading is because that the iPad Pro is too big to sit and hold when I am doing a serious book binge, but that is nothing to do with iBooks. If I will only be reading for a short while, I actually prefer iBooks now! It is also worth noting that the cost of books through Apple is now around the same as through Amazon Kindle, while they used to be much more expensive which is great!
Safiyyah H.
Hanover Park
Great!! Although I wish the books were cheaper since it’s just a digital copy. It’s very simple to use. It’s very reliable since I’m a long time apple user. I like all the options.
Shonda C.
Sparta, TN
I cannot even begin to explain how essential this app is to my mental well being.. I read daily. Sometimes two or three books, depending on the size, my interest, ect. The selection of free books is great! I can usually find something to download and save my money. Another favorite feature would be the ability to change background, brightness, font size all from the page you are reading. I get headaches often, so being able to reduce the brightness and go to night view is important for me. Downsides... It crashes on my device, and recently has deleted my library. This has never happened before (deleting library). However, thank you Apple, you allow me to go to my purchased books and re-download any I need to. That to me is awesome!!! I've used the kindle app, and iBooks is by far superior. More to choose from, often cheaper or free, convenient. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Riki J.
Dickson, TN
I absolutely LOVE Apple iBooks! It's the best way to read books! iBooks come with so many cool features like a dictionary that make it easy to look up words with just a click - - without losing your place. There are also a ton of handy tools ranging from a high-lighter, to unlimited bookmarks, various page set-ups (virtual paper that looks like you're really turning paper pages/or reading an antique scroll if that's your thing). My absolute favorite feature is what I call "night-mode". It's perfect for reading at night. This setting changes the "paper" color from white to black and changes the text from black to white (a reversal of what you typically see). This makes it perfect for reading at night and minimizes eye strain. (as well as not disturbing the sleep of those around you.) Apple iBooks are in a class of their own. Try to keep up Kindle.
Saar J.
I haven’t really made a conscious decision to use this app, it just came with my phone but I’m glad that I can literally store any document here that I wanna hang on too.
Kyleigh S.