Add a Photo

By APPLE
#75 in Apps
iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBooks Store, where you can download the latest bestselling books or your favorite classics – day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favorite passages. Download books • Download best-sellers and classic books from the iBooks Store • Find fully illustrated books, including children's picture books, designed art books, photo books, cook books, and more in the iBooks Store • Experience gorgeous fullscreen Multi-Touch books filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, videos, and more • Read a free sample of any book on the iBooks Store before making it a part of your permanent collection Great ways to read • Choose from seven beautiful fonts and three easy-to-read page colors • Highlight your favorite passages and add notes with the built-in bookmarking features • Share quotes or thoughts about your favorite book with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages, or Mail • Find a word, character, or phrase anywhere in your book with the built-in search feature • Easily adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment • Scroll through your books with the flick of a finger using the scroll view • Use iBooks with the amazing accessibility features in iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch—such as speaking the words on a given page • Print PDF documents and notes you've written in iBooks using AirPrint iCloud features • Organize your books and PDFs into personal Collections that appear on all your devices • Keep bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page up-to-date everywhere using iCloud • See all your iBooks Store purchases in iCloud right on your bookshelf Supports open standards • iBooks also opens content published in the ePub and PDF formats • Add ePub and PDF documents to iTunes and sync them to iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch • You can also add PDF documents from Mail to your iBooks PDF Collection Requirements • The iBooks Store is available in many countries. The selection of books in the iBooks Store may vary by country • Downloading from the iBooks Store or using iCloud features requires an Apple ID and Internet access • Multi-Touch books created with iBooks Author can only be read using iBooks on iPad or Mac • Adding books and PDFs from outside the iBooks Store to iBooks requires they be DRM-free • Some PDF documents may not be compatible with iBooks
Photo (1)
Virginia H.
Virginia H.

After using the Kindle and other apps I have finally found my perfect match. I now read all books on iBooks due to the simple interface and sleek design. I can even store epub, pdf books and audio books on it and easily access them. I prefer the fonts on this app along wth the black background view for reading at night. I use scroll reading as I read very fast and there is never any lag with it.
When listening to aufio books you can set easy timers and hop swiftly through chapters. The book store connected is perfect as well, i rarely tun into any formatting issues anymore which is very pleasant. All in all my favorite reader!
Alicia M.
Alicia M.
Sutter, Ca

I used to solely use my kindle app, though I'm unsure why seeing as I carry my iPad everywhere, but I found there were a ton of great free books on this app, and often are cheaper than kindle books. Not always, but I just check both apps. I love that I can download stories from Smashwords to my iBooks app and save them until I'm read or have time, and as someone who is a complete bookworm I believe you can never have enough book apps! This is a great one, it's never even had a glitch in all the yrs I've been using it either. Which is rare! Great must have app for all readers!
Courtney W.
Courtney W.

I only read on my iPad, so iBooks is my go to app. I do sometimes get frustrated when a book is not available yet on the app. Then I have to download it elsewhere. But I love the convenience of being able read on multiple Apple devices. I also love the setup and options of the book formats. Wether I want to virtually flip the page or if I would rather scroll endlessly through the book. I also love the night time setting so I can read at night while my husband sleeps with out keeping him awake with the bright light of the iPad.
Megan g.
Megan g.
Austin, TX

I love that Apple iBooks makes it so easy to find good novels to read! My favorite feature is hat when I find a book that I like, I can go to the tab in the store called "related" and find other books written by the same author, similar books and books that other customers bought as well! It makes it easy to find new books that are related to the ones that I know I like without having to search through the Internet to find them!
Laura C.
Laura C.

One of my favorite iPhone preset apps! I love how you can use it to store books you buy or article pamphlets from Safari. It also helps keep ticket information handy for when you don't want to print it out. All of this stays "offline" so whenever you need to pull out an article, book, ticket voucher, magazine, etc you don't have to worry about data use nor poor internet connections.
Anna L.
Anna L.

This app is easy to use and reading is so much more convenient. The brightness of the page even adapts to light conditions! Easy to highlight and add notes. One thing I don't like is you are unable to change highlight color unless you have unhighlighted it first which can be a pain. But otherwise good app. Necessary for owners of new apple products
Mariah W.
Mariah W.

With newer updates the app is easier and easier to use, and I have problems with crashing on my iPad perhaps one out of every 50 uses. Book prices are really expensive so I usually buy ebooks and download pdfs elsewhere and import them here so It's amazing iBooks has that feature to import other forms of media not purchased from Apple.
Sarah E.
Sarah E.
Charleston, WV

As an educator, I can't emphasize how amazing iBooks are. They are very easy to make using the iBooks Author app, and it allows my students to learn only the content that I want them to learn and pull the information from multiple sources. They are visually appealing and you have many different options on how to produce the books.
Mireia a.
Mireia a.
motril, granada

I realllllly like , the boom are mote chep and You can have one hundred book in the phone.
Its really Good and i buy soñé books There
And if You are a student and You have to buy dime books for read in the universitario and You don't like this book You have it but it more chepa and if You want You can eliminate it
Kelby M.
Kelby M.
Tallahassee, FL

I love this application for reading iBooks. I have also used Kindle and I am not as impressed. I like that it shows you what page you are on and how many pages are left until the next chapter. It is free and the books are a good price, but can be expensive. They also offer free books (like Wuthering Heights)
Kyleigh S.