BY APPLE #62 in Apps

iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBooks Store, where you can download the latest bestselling books or your favorite classics – day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favorite passages. Download books • Download best-sellers and classic books from the iBooks Store • Find fully illustrated books, including children's picture books, designed art books, photo books, cook books, and more in the iBooks Store • Experience gorgeous fullscreen Multi-Touch books filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, videos, and more • Read a free sample of any book on the iBooks Store before making it a part of your permanent collection Great ways to read • Choose from seven beautiful fonts and three easy-to-read page colors • Highlight your favorite passages and add notes with the built-in bookmarking features • Share quotes or thoughts about your favorite book with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages, or Mail • Find a word, character, or phrase anywhere in your book with the built-in search feature • Easily adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment • Scroll through your books with the flick of a finger using the scroll view • Use iBooks with the amazing accessibility features in iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch—such as speaking the words on a given page • Print PDF documents and notes you've written in iBooks using AirPrint iCloud features • Organize your books and PDFs into personal Collections that appear on all your devices • Keep bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page up-to-date everywhere using iCloud • See all your iBooks Store purchases in iCloud right on your bookshelf Supports open standards • iBooks also opens content published in the ePub and PDF formats • Add ePub and PDF documents to iTunes and sync them to iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch • You can also add PDF documents from Mail to your iBooks PDF Collection Requirements • The iBooks Store is available in many countries. The selection of books in the iBooks Store may vary by country • Downloading from the iBooks Store or using iCloud features requires an Apple ID and Internet access • Multi-Touch books created with iBooks Author can only be read using iBooks on iPad or Mac • Adding books and PDFs from outside the iBooks Store to iBooks requires they be DRM-free • Some PDF documents may not be compatible with iBooks see more...

Madison S.
Madison S.
I first used ibooks when I was headed to a long flight a realized I didnt have anything to keep me entertain so I quickly found a book and found out I could download books and magazines on my iphone. The process was quick and easy to download. This is great for me because I dont read all that often but I dont have carry around a book or kindle. I can just hop on my phone and read whenever I need to pass some time.

As far as the features, you can adjust the type size to really large or small and in between to get your perfect size. You can even change the font to one the better pleases your eyes as some people prefer to read with san serif fonts and some prefer a serif font and some might not wve care! They've got everybody covered. You can also adjust the brightness in the app. My favorite feature is that the app switches to a dark background with white letters when its dark so the white background is really bright in your face and makes reading in the dark more comfortable.

I gave thos 4 stars because there seems to be a little glitch in dofferentiating whether you are tapping to the next page or tapping to go to the setting.

I would still recommend the app!
Katie B.
Katie B.
Anniston, AL
I have always been one of those people to carry a Kindle traveling with me in addition to my iPad because I only enjoyed reading on my kindle and never cared for iBooks. My Kindle stopped working recently and I decided that while I waited for my new one to come in, that I would give iBooks a try on my iPad Pro and I have actually really enjoyed it! It seems to work much better than previous versions have and I really enjoy all of the customizations that it offers such as screen and type colors, fonts, sizes, night mode, scroll mode, etc. The only reason that I will probably continue to use my Kindle more for reading is because that the iPad Pro is too big to sit and hold when I am doing a serious book binge, but that is nothing to do with iBooks. If I will only be reading for a short while, I actually prefer iBooks now! It is also worth noting that the cost of books through Apple is now around the same as through Amazon Kindle, while they used to be much more expensive which is great!
Sara S.
Sara S.
I really love iBooks. I like all the books showing up on the shelf and saving my place while I shuffle from book to book. Now that Apple has added the night shift feature, I feel more comfortable reading in bed at night.

I now prefer iBooks to real books, especially when reading long books because of the portability. If I'm on a long subway ride, a flight, traveling for work, I don't have to remember or carry a big heavy book around me. As long as I have my phone, I can pick up where I left off.

Another great feature is the "look up" feature. My vocabulary is decent, but I studied math in school, meaning English wasn't my favorite subject. I don't always know every word in every book, and being able to get a quick definition means minimal disruption with full comprehension.

The really nice thing is that iBooks syncs across my phone, iPad, and computer. Unlike other ebook offerings, this happens automatically so I can read no matter the device I'm using.

I definitely recommend iBooks!
Maham L.
Maham L.
Cincinnati, OH
Techie Expert
I've been using iBooks for about ten years now. Great app for reading, it synchronizes perfectly across devices, I have moved three times in the last four years and have been able to keep track of all my books through iBooks. It's a great way to find books I haven't been able to find at bookstores, or otherwise. I'm so used to the features while reading on iBooks that I often miss them when reading a physical book, such as adapting the brightness when I want to read late at night or while traveling, being able to save/highlight passages, and look up words while reading. Never had an issue or glitch with this, as opposed to the kindle app and other reading apps. Love the iBooks reading app.
Alicia M.
Alicia M.
Sutter, CA
I used to solely use my kindle app, though I'm unsure why seeing as I carry my iPad everywhere, but I found there were a ton of great free books on this app, and often are cheaper than kindle books. Not always, but I just check both apps. I love that I can download stories from Smashwords to my iBooks app and save them until I'm read or have time, and as someone who is a complete bookworm I believe you can never have enough book apps! This is a great one, it's never even had a glitch in all the yrs I've been using it either. Which is rare! Great must have app for all readers!
Christina S.
Christina S.
East Elmhurst, NY
I love iBooks !!! It's an amazing way to keep pdfs or books in one place and easy to access. I really like the option where you can highlight select texts and it saves so you don't have to go scrolling for what was saved. I do think that they should add more sharing documents features (they only have print or email) they should. Add airdrop being that usually books are to large to share via email. Overall I feel Apple has done a great job with this app! I don't know what I would do with out it while being in school.
Sara J.
Sara J.
Hurricane, WV
I love the convenience of my Apple iBooks. I started out with a Kindle as an e-reader, then graduated to Apple iBooks. It works better for me personally, being able to have the app on my iPad and my iPhone. I can easily switch between my iPad, Mac, or iPhone to use it. Whether I'm reading a rented textbook for school, finding a recipe, or reading for pleasure. I definitely prefer it to my Kindle. Plus, it's great that Apple has a Kindle app I can use so I don't miss out on my older books I first started with.
Skyler W.
Skyler W.
Round Rock, TX
Apple iBooks is an amazing app for people who don't want to go through the hassle of getting out of bed to go to a library or a book store, all you have to do is go to the Apple iBooks app (which should already be downloaded on your iPhone) pick out which book you want and its that easy. They also now have audio books which makes life sooooooo much easier, they literally read your book to you!!!
Amber W.
Amber W.
Phelps, NY
Apple iBooks has a great selection of downloadable books which makes reading on the go simple and easy. The app is straight forward and easy to use, which makes it a great app for everyone. There is a large selection of classical and popular literature that can be downloaded at no cost. This is highly recommended for those that want access to a large library without dragging around heavy books.
This application is the one that I use most of the iphone since I am a lover to the reading, I love it because it does not have maximum amount of books to keep, you can store all that you want, besides that you can buy and save in pdf and epub without Need to download another application, has a well updated search engine for books in case you like to buy one, I invite you to use it is super..
Kyleigh S.