BY APPLE #3 in Apps

If you misplace your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, the Find My iPhone app will let you use another iOS device to find it and protect your data. Simply install this free app on another iOS device, open it, and sign in with the Apple ID you use for iCloud. Find My iPhone will help you locate your missing device on a map, remotely lock it, play a sound, display a message, or erase all the data on it.

If the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch you want to locate is running iOS 6 or later, Find My iPhone also includes Lost Mode. Lost Mode locks your missing device with a passcode and can display a custom message and contact phone number right on the Lock Screen. While in Lost Mode, your device can also keep track of where it has been so you can view its recent location history from the Find My iPhone app.

Please note that Find My iPhone must be enabled in the iCloud settings on your device before you can locate it with this app.

FEATURES
 • Locate your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac on a map
• Play a sound for two minutes at full volume (even if your device is set to silent)
• Remotely lock your device with a passcode • Display a custom message on the Lock Screen
 • Remotely erase all the content and settings on your device
 • Lost Mode (iOS 6 or later)
 • Driving directions to device location (iOS 6 or later)
• Battery charge indicator
 Supported languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese REQUIREMENTS • Find My iPhone 3.0 requires iOS 7 or later and an iCloud account. You can create a free iCloud account on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. • Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection is required. To be located, your iPad with Wi-Fi, iPod touch, or Mac must be connected to the Internet via a registered Wi-Fi network. Your Mac must also be awake.
• Lost Mode requires the missing device to have iOS 6 or later installed. see more...

• Don't you just love the find my iPhone app ?6 Answers
  • Will this really help you recover your phone if say, it g...22 Answers
  • Anyone find the find my iPhone app useful or useless?2 Answers
Apple Find My iPhone
  • "If you knew how many times my phone was on silent and had to use this app to make it ring out loud or couldn't remember if I brought it to work or left it at home you would probably pass out." in 14 reviews
Jordanis L.
I am a computer engineer and have to say if your find my iPhone is enable and you ever loose the device, you should have the peace of mind that no one will be able to get into the device! Find my iPhone has the ability to lock the device when you report it lost it doesn't let you input any passcode onto it! It also displays the message of your writing on the phone when it's turned on and also send you a notification via email when the iPhone (apple device) get's switched on and connected to internet via the data plan or wifi! This is truly a neat feature not to mention the device is practically un-hackable, meaning it cannot be unlocked in order to useit!  Find my iPhone truly disables the device and make its not usable to who ever finds it! I truly hope you enable this feature, and get your phone (apple device) back if you god forbid loose it.
Amber R.
Dallas, GA
Being a front-end manager and owning and iPhone I am constantly using it to help customers to find theirs! When someone comes up and asks me if anyone has turned in a phone, the first thing I ask them is if it is an iPhone. If yes then I hand over my phone and have them log in to their account, I am a very trusting person. I have had great luck with finding their phones in the store each time.

I have personally had to use it when I left my phone in a Kroger store! It was in the back sitting near the cheese, I used my moms phone and pinged it. It was pretty loud and I could hear it, or I just have great hearing lol. I was able to go right to it and sure enough, it was right where I left it!

It also works overseas! My sisters iPad was stolen and my dad tracked it using find my iPhone!

I would definitely urge anyone that has an iPhone to turn it on and remember your login information!
Bonita S.
Parkville
Techie Expert Level 1
Its great when the device is connected to the internet. Its very on point as far as the location goes if it shows your device is in a certain house or near it, then that is the case. Problem is when your phone is stolen and put on airplane mode or turned off. If its never connected to internet again then your screwed! They should make it so if a phone is placed on lost mode then the airplane mode won't work. Also it's 2018, If companies can remotely unlock a car then find my iphone in lost mode should be able to do it too for your device!
Tyler J.
Anderson
Always comes through when I misplace my phone after a wild night out. Or when it falls in the car and I can’t find it. Also, I’m a bartender so when people come in and can’t find their iPhone, I never hesitate to rescue them and let them borrow my phone/app to help them to locate/lock/ping their phones. It’s very comforting to be able to lock my phone from wherever I am and let whoever finds my phone know how to get it back to me.
Kaitlyn V.
Castroville, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
This app is so amazing and helpful. One time I left my phone on the top of my moms car while I was helping her do yard work and I forgot to grab it before she went to the store for something and when I realized I left it on her car we used this app to find it and the person who found it was able to talk to my mom so we could go pick it up.
Kat L.
Have all my Apple devices on Find my iPhone. Has definitely helped me find my phone when I've lost it. I like that you can ping your phone or send a text to it from another device in case someone found it with instructions on what to do. The only drawback is that your devices have to be online in order to locate them. Like my iPad can be on but "sleeping" and it won't be able to locate it because its not being actively used.
Randi G.
Banner Elk
This is such a useful tool! I have lost my phone several times and have always been able to track it down by using Apple Find My Phone! My sister stole my phone once and swore up and down she didn't have it. I was able to shut it down and track its location and was able to retrieve my phone back!
I lose my phone all the timely my house, but the one time I really did lose my phone I had left it at a restaurant and used this app to find it and I did. Called the restaurant and they said that they had it in their lost and found. I went and picked it up right away and have been better about keeping track of it but this is a great app. Really works, but only if your battery hasn’t died.
Taylor B.
Troy
This app has been very useful for I am an iPhone user who has lost my phone before. My family and friends use this as well and has very helpful features included such as resetting your phone from another device if you have lost it , you can set it on lost mode, put a message on the lock screen, add a pass code, and so much more all from the device you are tracking your phone from!
Tiffany T.
Athens
I have to use this to find my Mom’s phone at LEAST once a month. It is SO convenient to tell her it’s at my brother’s house and not at the restraint she just ate at. I can also “ding” her phone so she can find it by auditory means. If i can’t find one of my devices i can adult check to see where it is to relieve any anxiety i may get over it being lost or stolen.
Nia J.
Has anyone had to actually use the app to find their lost/stolen phone?
Brittany S.
Is this app that is practical to purchase?
Juana M.
Has anyone had any problems with this app? I am considering purchasing it but want to know if it's actually worth it?
Betsi F.
Does this app still exist on the new iPhone 6?
Ashley M.
I've never used it even worth it?