BY APPLE #2 in Apps

If you misplace your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, the Find My iPhone app will let you use another iOS device to find it and protect your data. Simply install this free app on another iOS device, open it, and sign in with the Apple ID you use for iCloud. Find My iPhone will help you locate your missing device on a map, remotely lock it, play a sound, display a message, or erase all the data on it.

If the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch you want to locate is running iOS 6 or later, Find My iPhone also includes Lost Mode. Lost Mode locks your missing device with a passcode and can display a custom message and contact phone number right on the Lock Screen. While in Lost Mode, your device can also keep track of where it has been so you can view its recent location history from the Find My iPhone app.

Please note that Find My iPhone must be enabled in the iCloud settings on your device before you can locate it with this app.

FEATURES
 • Locate your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac on a map
• Play a sound for two minutes at full volume (even if your device is set to silent)
• Remotely lock your device with a passcode • Display a custom message on the Lock Screen
 • Remotely erase all the content and settings on your device
 • Lost Mode (iOS 6 or later)
 • Driving directions to device location (iOS 6 or later)
• Battery charge indicator
 Supported languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese REQUIREMENTS • Find My iPhone 3.0 requires iOS 7 or later and an iCloud account. You can create a free iCloud account on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. • Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection is required. To be located, your iPad with Wi-Fi, iPod touch, or Mac must be connected to the Internet via a registered Wi-Fi network. Your Mac must also be awake.
• Lost Mode requires the missing device to have iOS 6 or later installed. see more...

Apple Find My iPhone
  • "If you knew how many times my phone was on silent and had to use this app to make it ring out loud or couldn't remember if I brought it to work or left it at home you would probably pass out." in 14 reviews
Amber R.
Dallas, GA
Being a front-end manager and owning and iPhone I am constantly using it to help customers to find theirs! When someone comes up and asks me if anyone has turned in a phone, the first thing I ask them is if it is an iPhone. If yes then I hand over my phone and have them log in to their account, I am a very trusting person. I have had great luck with finding their phones in the store each time.

I have personally had to use it when I left my phone in a Kroger store! It was in the back sitting near the cheese, I used my moms phone and pinged it. It was pretty loud and I could hear it, or I just have great hearing lol. I was able to go right to it and sure enough, it was right where I left it!

It also works overseas! My sisters iPad was stolen and my dad tracked it using find my iPhone!

I would definitely urge anyone that has an iPhone to turn it on and remember your login information!
Jana W.
Tehachapi
I have used this app more times then I can count.  I lost my iPhone 6 and was able to find it 90 miles away.  All you do is enter your apple email and password and it will tell you exactly were your phone is.  It has a lost mode where you can delete items or lock your ph9ne where no one else can open it.it also has a setting to make a sound which helps yo fine it if it is under something.
Whitley B.
Pinellas Park, FL
I cannot tell you how many times I’ve lost my phone. Even in my own house, when I’ve searched and can’t find it I use this feature. You can go online and “ping” your phone, it will make a noise until you find it and deactivate it. This is also a great security feature, in case you leave it somewhere, or it gets stolen. It will give you the (almost) exact location
Amanda W.
Techie Expert Level 1
It is a bit difficult for me to rate this and here is why. I hear great things about this application and even my mom loves it and uses it, but for some reason mine is always messed up. It says it can't find my phone and it just has never worked for me. I wish this app would work because the features seem great but I just haven't been able to use it!
Noelle G.
Irving, TX
This app has saved me on MULTIPLE occasions. I would have lost my phone countless times without it and I think it's just a genius tool to have. I especially like that you can access it from a computer or any other phone to find yours and it gives you the option of setting off a loud tone or seeing it on a map. It's definitely worth signing up for.
Jada🥀 j.
Sewell, NJ
Techie Expert Level 1
This sucks ... my phone got stolen and it was dead so they’d eventually have to plug it up but the found my iPhone never worked ! It’s a cool concept but if your phone is dead or reset you can’t find it ever . I had to get a whole new phone and this phone never leaves my side cause I know if someone steals it I can’t depend on lost my iPhone
Estefani M.
mesa
If you have an iPhone and lose your phone a lot, I totally recommend this app. It lets you track your phone when you lose it but you have to use the app from someone else. Also you have to remember your iCloud and password to sign in the app. I’ve been using it when i lose my phone or if i have to see where my mom or sister are at.
Michelle S.
This app is a life saver ! Just enter you apple email and password and it will tell you exactly where your phone is! No more losing your phone! It's has a lost mode where you can delete stuff or make sure no one can open your phone! Also it has a setting you can turn on so your phone makes a sound so you can find it !!
Frances G.
El Paso, TX
This app is a life saver! Especially if you misplace your phone a lot like I do, I have no idea what I would do without it. It is so easy to use all you have to do is go online and enter your username and password and that's it. It gives you an almost exact location of where your phone is.
Kamish L.
Aurora, IL
Techie Expert Level 1
Find my iPhone is great. Thankfully I've never completely lost my iPhone but I know people who have and they were able to retrieve it because of this amazing app. I like how it's been updated to give you the exact location and directions to take to get to it. Previously it was a very outdated map and you had to find it yourself. It also tells you where you are in relation to your iPhone which is really great.
Nia J.
Has anyone had to actually use the app to find their lost/stolen phone?
Brittany S.
Is this app that is practical to purchase?
Juana M.
Has anyone had any problems with this app? I am considering purchasing it but want to know if it's actually worth it?
Betsi F.
Does this app still exist on the new iPhone 6?
Ashley M.
I've never used it even worth it?