Apple Find My Friends

Find My Friends allows you to easily locate friends and family using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Just install this free app and sign in with the Apple ID you use with iCloud. Adding a friend is easy — just choose from your contacts or provide an email address to send an invitation. When your friend accepts your invitation using the Find My Friends app on their device, you can start following their location. Your friends can request to follow your location the same way. If you prefer, you can use temporary sharing to share locations with a group of friends for a specific period of time, such as an evening or a long weekend. If at any time you don’t want to be followed, you can hide your location with a single switch. Find My Friends also lets you set up location-based alerts that can notify you automatically when a friend arrives at the airport, a child leaves school, or a family member arrives home safely. You can notify friends about your current location or changes to your location at any time. Find My Friends works even when the app is in the background (a passcode lock on your device is required) and has been optimized to avoid draining your battery.
 FEATURES
• Easily locate friends and family
• Temporary sharing option
 • Location-based notifications
• Simple privacy controls
• Parental restrictions
 • Free for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Supported languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese  REQUIREMENTS:
Find My Friends Version 3.0 requires iOS 7 or later and iCloud. You can create a free iCloud account on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Does this APP notify or send an alert to the other person that you checked their location? My son works at a live music event hall as security and he has to walk through several blocks of a sketchy neighborhood to get to his car. He’s 24, so he doesn’t want mom checking on him.
How do you use this app?
Can anyone explain to me how this works and its benefits
Start your review of Apple Find My Friends!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
Find my Friends is a very convenient way to help when you are meeting someone somewhere.in reviews
Parents and children should definitely use this app to keep track of each other.in reviews
this is a great app if your friends have it as well to be able to meet up and know exactly where they are. in reviews
Courtney R.
Shepherdsvlle, KY
Apple Find My Friends uploaded by Courtney R.
I love using find my friends. I have my boyfriend and family members on it. If i ever need to know where someone is i have it. It has met my expectations. I definitely would recommend it to others
Elizabeth K.
Wexford, PA
This is a very cool app! It comes in handy when someone is driving and you would like to know where they are.
Chloe P.
It's a really good app to use if you need to see where someone is that you're sharing locations with. I can imagine it would be really great if you have teenage kids and need to know where they're at. It would be really helpful if you can't get in touch with your spouse.
Terri D.
Seattle, WA
This is a great feature to help find my friends close by, especially if they are on their way via driving and they can't answer my phone calls right away.
Ijeoma C.
Austin
Love this app. Allows you to see the locations of friends and family members that you have shared your location with. Easy enough to use and allows to get notifications when people arrive or leave.
Courtney L.
Union, SC
We love using this app! My husband is an avid hunter and this is a great way for me to make sure he is okay while out in the woods. It also has an alert for when people leave, so I know when he's on the way home!
Kimberly G.
Ocala, FL
Techie Expert Level 2
Apple Find My Friends uploaded by Kimberly G.
This is a great apple feature top use I highly recommend this app wheb you need to find friends
Jessica G.
Bellevue, IA
Techie Expert Level 1
This app is a amazing! Super helpful as a parent to be able to keep track of your children!
Karen H.
Newport Coast, CA
This is a great app to have on your iPad or iPhone. I love it! I highly recommend this app.
Vishakha G.
North Bergen, NJ
Techie Expert Level 1
They need to upgrade the app as it it’s super slow and sometimes takes multiple refreshes to get the location. Pin location not so accurate at times and drains the battery