BY APPLE

Find My Friends allows you to easily locate friends and family using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Just install this free app and sign in with the Apple ID you use with iCloud. Adding a friend is easy — just choose from your contacts or provide an email address to send an invitation. When your friend accepts your invitation using the Find My Friends app on their device, you can start following their location. Your friends can request to follow your location the same way. If you prefer, you can use temporary sharing to share locations with a group of friends for a specific period of time, such as an evening or a long weekend. If at any time you don’t want to be followed, you can hide your location with a single switch. Find My Friends also lets you set up location-based alerts that can notify you automatically when a friend arrives at the airport, a child leaves school, or a family member arrives home safely. You can notify friends about your current location or changes to your location at any time. Find My Friends works even when the app is in the background (a passcode lock on your device is required) and has been optimized to avoid draining your battery.
 FEATURES
• Easily locate friends and family
• Temporary sharing option
 • Location-based notifications
• Simple privacy controls
• Parental restrictions
 • Free for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Supported languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese  REQUIREMENTS:
Find My Friends Version 3.0 requires iOS 7 or later and iCloud. You can create a free iCloud account on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. see more...

Apple Find My Friends
  • "Find my Friends is a very convenient way to help when you are meeting someone somewhere." in 1 review
  • "this is a great app if your friends have it as well to be able to meet up and know exactly where they are. " in 1 review
  • "Parents and children should definitely use this app to keep track of each other." in 1 review
Pamela K.
westpoint, TN
 when this app was introduced I was very concerned with it as it is kind of creepy. I still am not sure why you would want your friends to know where you are at all times or want to share your location with these people in definitely especially when you have the option of being able to send your location through text messages if so desired .  it very much feels like an invasion of privacy if you're sharing your location with a friend or family member and they are able to just look up where you are at any time without notifying you that you were doing so we're asking your permission at that time. I feel like a lot of advancements in technology have actually asked us to give away a lot of our privacy with the cover of social networking
Megan G.
I have read so many mixed reviews about this app and I’m not so sure why. I love this app. It’s totally a life saver. What I mean by life saver is that I feel comfortable knowing that if I’m ever lost or something terribly goes wrong at least my mom or my friends will know where I am. I think it offers at least me some reassurance to not worry about what could possibly happen as long as they know my location. Also, I’m terrible with directions so it makes it easy for me to tell my friends just check my location and basically head there. Definitely recommend for parents with younger kids or really anyone to be honest.
Rachel F.
Baltimore
This app offers a lot of positive qualities.  In general, I am able to tell how far away my friends and family members are in relation to myself.  Additionally, I can see if friends or family are near each other and can connect them to one another.  Recently I was able to find my sisters phone using this app.  Overall, I believe this is great to have for fun as well as for more serious safety issues.
Karla H.
I am forever grateful for this app. Let me share my story. Me and my husband went to mammoth for a weekend and almost half way home which was about 2 almost 3 hours away. We stopped at a gas station and my smart self left my phone in the restroom. In my defense, the little shelves they add to stalls didn’t help make it easier for me to not want to put my phone down to heed to nature’s call. After we got home my husband tried to call me while I went upstairs to start a bath and someone answered my phone. My husband then rushes to get me and tells me what had happened. Luckily we have each other on there for any occasion mainly for when my husband drinks too much and I need to go get him or something. So long story short, we found te exact address and location of my phone and picked it up almost 2 hours away from home.
Jana W.
Tehachapi
I love this app!My husband and I both have it as well as my daughter-in-law. He uses it to see where I am during the day as he is retired and I am still working. Whenever I go shopping with friends, and they have an Apple phone, we put it on just for the day and then if we’ve been separated we can locate each other. I like the way you can use it permanently or just for one day    When I am driving long distance, and will hit a lot of traffic, my husband sits at home on his iPad and looks with the traffic where I am at using this app, and then calls me and tells me when to get off the freeway or get back on to avoid incidents. I would highly recommend it
Olivia G.
Jackson
This App is awesome! Whenever I can’t get a hold of a family member and need to know where they are at, this app has got it covered! It’s very easy to use all you need to do is be sharing your location with someone and they need to be sharing their location with you and you’ll be able to see where they are!
Chelsey W.
Murrells Inlt, SC
Excellent app for tracking other friend with iPhones. I love that I can see when my husband is headed home for the office or seeing if my parents are home before I swing by! It would be nice if you could locate other friends that were not iPhone users, but that’s really the only negative.
Martha B.
Techie Expert Level 2
People have mixed feelings about this app because they feel they're giving up their privacy. While I can see where their concerns are I also believe it's a good app to have for security purposes. I've only shared my location with my fiancé as I travel a lot for work or have to work late many times. I use this app in hopes that if anything happens to me he'll be able to locate me. I also think it's a good app for children as many own phones now because they have to walk home from school, but besides family I would not share with anyone else.
Peyton L.
Great way to stalk your friends and family.. I mean, great way to make sure no one gets lost after a night of drinking. Only downside is, having friends and family with androids. The app is easy to use, connects with your contacts, and is fairly accurate from what I’ve discovered.
Maria S.
Bradenton
This app is so cool. I have 10 people on this! It is a great way to know what your family and friends are up to and just overall know that they are safe. It’s also fun to text them something like “what are you getting at Walmart?” randomly and look like a creep hahah
Smerk R.
What's the difference between find iPhone & this app? They seem like they do the same thing.
Reina H.
Watsonville , CA
Can anyone explain to me how this works and its benefits