BY APPLE #25 in Apps

Find My Friends allows you to easily locate friends and family using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Just install this free app and sign in with the Apple ID you use with iCloud. Adding a friend is easy — just choose from your contacts or provide an email address to send an invitation. When your friend accepts your invitation using the Find My Friends app on their device, you can start following their location. Your friends can request to follow your location the same way. If you prefer, you can use temporary sharing to share locations with a group of friends for a specific period of time, such as an evening or a long weekend. If at any time you don’t want to be followed, you can hide your location with a single switch. Find My Friends also lets you set up location-based alerts that can notify you automatically when a friend arrives at the airport, a child leaves school, or a family member arrives home safely. You can notify friends about your current location or changes to your location at any time. Find My Friends works even when the app is in the background (a passcode lock on your device is required) and has been optimized to avoid draining your battery.
 FEATURES
• Easily locate friends and family
• Temporary sharing option
 • Location-based notifications
• Simple privacy controls
• Parental restrictions
 • Free for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Supported languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese  REQUIREMENTS:
Find My Friends Version 3.0 requires iOS 7 or later and iCloud. You can create a free iCloud account on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. see more...

Apple Find My Friends
  • "Parents and children should definitely use this app to keep track of each other." in 1 review
  • "Find my Friends is a very convenient way to help when you are meeting someone somewhere." in 1 review
  • "this is a great app if your friends have it as well to be able to meet up and know exactly where they are. " in 1 review
Pamela K.
westpoint, TN
 when this app was introduced I was very concerned with it as it is kind of creepy. I still am not sure why you would want your friends to know where you are at all times or want to share your location with these people in definitely especially when you have the option of being able to send your location through text messages if so desired .  it very much feels like an invasion of privacy if you're sharing your location with a friend or family member and they are able to just look up where you are at any time without notifying you that you were doing so we're asking your permission at that time. I feel like a lot of advancements in technology have actually asked us to give away a lot of our privacy with the cover of social networking
Jana W.
Tehachapi
I love this app!My husband and I both have it as well as my daughter-in-law. He uses it to see where I am during the day as he is retired and I am still working. Whenever I go shopping with friends, and they have an Apple phone, we put it on just for the day and then if we’ve been separated we can locate each other. I like the way you can use it permanently or just for one day    When I am driving long distance, and will hit a lot of traffic, my husband sits at home on his iPad and looks with the traffic where I am at using this app, and then calls me and tells me when to get off the freeway or get back on to avoid incidents. I would highly recommend it
Rachel F.
Baltimore
This app offers a lot of positive qualities.  In general, I am able to tell how far away my friends and family members are in relation to myself.  Additionally, I can see if friends or family are near each other and can connect them to one another.  Recently I was able to find my sisters phone using this app.  Overall, I believe this is great to have for fun as well as for more serious safety issues.
Laylah F.
Lithonia, GA
I use this app everyday!!!! We all have those friends who don’t typically answer when we need them immediately. That’s when find my friends comes in handy. I can just search them and it will give there location i can also alert them when im omw somewhere or something like that. It has so many possibilities!
Lauren H.
Dallas, TX
Techie Expert Level 1
This app saved me during a stressful situation in college when my roommate lost her friend at a party. My friends and I love to follow each other and always know what’s going on. It’s nice that this feature can be regulated so, I’m in control of who is seeing my location and when.
Sarah-Mae W.
Adrian, MI
Find my friends is awesome! I always check my friends and family location when I need to know where they are but don’t want to text or call. I also love it for the safety so my friends and family can know where I am when I’m not answering to be sure I’m at a safe place.
Kylee K.
Meadville, PA
This app is awesome. Not only can I track my own phone I can find my phone of my friends devices . Or I can see where they are at to see if they are close to me in the event of a pick up or meet up. I can even see where my boyfriend goes through the day.
Hilary W.
Havana, IL
I LOVE this app for keeping tabs on my kids! I have 2 teenage daughters and a requirement of having the privilege of having a phone is having this app which allows me to see where they are at all times. I’ve never had any issues with it! Works great!!
Janae U.
Fresno, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
I don’t really use this app. I opened it once to see what it was about and then completely forgot about it. With all the apps trying to connect your contacts and with each other, it just seems pointless to have an app that asks the same thing.
Taylor L.
Mars Hill, NC
This app is great. My family and I all stay connected, allowing us to know where each other is. It is extremely helpful for events like amusement parks for example. In a big place, you can narrow down the location and be able to meet back up.
Smerk R.
What's the difference between find iPhone & this app? They seem like they do the same thing.
Reina H.
Watsonville, CA
Can anyone explain to me how this works and its benefits