BY APPLE #53 in Apps

Find My Friends allows you to easily locate friends and family using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Just install this free app and sign in with the Apple ID you use with iCloud. Adding a friend is easy — just choose from your contacts or provide an email address to send an invitation. When your friend accepts your invitation using the Find My Friends app on their device, you can start following their location. Your friends can request to follow your location the same way. If you prefer, you can use temporary sharing to share locations with a group of friends for a specific period of time, such as an evening or a long weekend. If at any time you don’t want to be followed, you can hide your location with a single switch. Find My Friends also lets you set up location-based alerts that can notify you automatically when a friend arrives at the airport, a child leaves school, or a family member arrives home safely. You can notify friends about your current location or changes to your location at any time. Find My Friends works even when the app is in the background (a passcode lock on your device is required) and has been optimized to avoid draining your battery.
 FEATURES
• Easily locate friends and family
• Temporary sharing option
 • Location-based notifications
• Simple privacy controls
• Parental restrictions
 • Free for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Supported languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese  REQUIREMENTS:
Find My Friends Version 3.0 requires iOS 7 or later and iCloud. You can create a free iCloud account on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. see more...

Apple Find My Friends
  • "Parents and children should definitely use this app to keep track of each other." in 1 review
  • "Find my Friends is a very convenient way to help when you are meeting someone somewhere." in 1 review
  • "this is a great app if your friends have it as well to be able to meet up and know exactly where they are. " in 1 review
Jenniefer G.
Jenniefer G.
Arlington, TX
I love this app and will always keep it installed. I once had my car break down in the middle of the freeway. The timing belt broke, transmission blew up and it was over heating. My car looked looked like is was about to catch on fire and to top it off car several cars almost caused and accident for not slowing down. Because I was in shocked my call my boyfriend he kept asking me what part of the freeway I was in but since I had recently moved to ga I didn't know the street or exit to fully describe him the screen. He looked me up in this app and I was fortunate enough for him to come and save me. As a real estate agent I highly recommend this is shows exactly where in at.
Veronica M.
Veronica M.
Techie Expert
At first this app appeared to be fun and a cool way to know what your friends were up to but after time it seems all to invasive of both your privacy and others who many a times do not even know that the app is working in the background. I stopped using it because I personally will let someone know where I am if I want them to know. Especially if you accidentally allow someone to follow you they can easily pinpoint exactly where you live. It is a app that I do not like because of how invasive it is and how easily someone can accidentally change settings without realizing. Do not recommend especially for teenagers. Hope all parents make sure of how this app is being used
Chrissy L.
Chrissy L.
Los Angeles, CA
Although the name of this app may be pretty self-explanatory it goes beyond that for me. I've used Find My Friends to find friends who were lost, find where the party is at, direct friends to my location, feel closer to my significant other when we are across the country, and even find my phone without having to use Find My iPhone. Additionally I always keep my location on with friends I trust and this helps me feel safer especially when I go out at night. This app makes me happy it exists and also that most of my friends are Apple users and therefore can use this app with me. :)
Abbie R.
Abbie R.
This app is super helpful if your friend loses their phone or leaves it somewhere. I've been able to help locate a friend or their phone after a night out by using this app which is very helpful in case they can't quite remember where they might have left it! Be sure if you're trying to be sneaky or surprise a friend that you're friends with on this app that you quit sharing your location with them if they check the app frequently! It could get you into trouble if you aren't careful, but usually super helpful and fun to use
Brandi K.
Brandi K.
Cumberland, MD
My husband and I use find my friends and love it. Before we had our son and even more so now I worry when I can't get in touch with him. With find My Friends I can easily check to make sure where he is. It is also useful when meeting him instead of bothering him while he is driving to see how far away he is I can do a quick check on Find My Friends. I also share my location with my best friend so that in the event of an emergency she also has access to my location. I think this is a great app!
Dani G.
Dani G.
This app is useful, and with some modifications it would be perfect. I like visually being able to see all my friends spread out across the map, and it allows me to get a sense of where my friends generally are. There is some room for improvement, since the app isn't always 100% accurate with location and I don't like how it notifies your friends in Messages when you start or stop sharing location with them. However, overall I like the app and see myself continuing to use it.
Andrea S.
Andrea S.
This is great if you want to keep track of your friends, although not 100% accurate you can only see the general area the person is at, it still works for what you need. It has glitched for me before, it wouldn't show my location to people when it said I was sharing my location and I could never figure out why. I ended up resetting everything and it has only happened once more after that. If you want something better I recommend zenly
Carmen M.
Carmen M.
Columbia, TN
This app is very useful whence having trouble trying to get into contact with my friends or family. If they are sharing their location with me it's very helpful in making sure they're where they said they were be or seeing how far away they are when they are visiting me without having to call them. I use this app more regularly than I would've thought. It adds a lot of convenience on my iPhone.
Portia I.
Portia I.
Baton Rouge, LA
I love Apple Find My Friends! I use it with my family and all of my friends from school. As a female college student, it gives an extra sense of security that my friends and family can know where I am if there's ever a cause for concern! I love getting that same feeling about my friends. The interface is user friendly and it's super easy to use and add friends! I definitely recommend this app.
Paula D.
Paula D.
Las vegas, NV
This app is awesome! I connect with my friends and family and in a creepy way, I know where they are at all times lol. I have a little brother who walks home from school so it's very important to me that I know where his where his where abouts are with out hounding him. With Find My Friends, I'm able to track him and make sure he's safe. Great for events, any outing, or just everyday use.
Smerk R.
Smerk R.
What's the difference between find iPhone & this app? They seem like they do the same thing.
Reina H.
Reina H.
Watsonville, CA
Can anyone explain to me how this works and its benefits